Samsung Galaxy S III (Samsung GT-I9300) - setting and problems with Wi-Fi | [Problem] to discuss the problems with Wi-Fi

Rep: (855)
Samsung Galaxy S III (Samsung GT-I9300) - setup and problems with Wi-Fi
PictureSamsung Galaxy S III
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Custom firmware пїЅ | Firmware Cyanogen (Mod) 9 пїЅ | MIUI firmware пїЅ | Modification of software and decorations пїЅ | Club пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Wallpaper пїЅ | Games пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ | Wi-Fi setup and problems пїЅ

Why was my message deleted?
Friends, we all want our topic to be as informative as possible, and, at the same time, concise - there were no messages in it that had no practical value for the rest of the forum participants or newcomers.
therefore :
  1. Messages off topic of discussion (technical characteristics and features of the device operation) will be deleted.
  2. Messages that do not carry any meaning, and consist of monosyllabic statements: "Good!", "I'll try!", "When?", "Where?" - will be deleted.
  3. Messages with words of gratitude will be deleted.
    In order to express your gratitude, follow the Forum Rules:
    5. The reward system.
    5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.
    5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.

The forum is a public place. Before turning to a specific person in a general topic, and not through the systemprivate messagesorQMS, think - will your message be interesting to other forum participants or will it just take up space?
Useful topics

Methods of transmission data with BB and from the unit (not including KIES)
Dropbox - a program to sync your files online in all of your computers.
Put your files in your Dropbox folder on one of your computer and they will automatically appear on all your other computers on which you just installed Dropbox (Windows, Mac, and Linux too!). You can even install Dropbox on your smartphone or other mobile ustroysva (iPhone, iPad, Android, or Blackberry). All files in your Dropbox folder are also available through the Dropbox website.
With DropBox, you are always in sync!
Let's say you make changes to the document from the Dropbox folder and as soon as you click Save, Dropbox automatically synchronizes this file with all computers and mobile devices. It’s like you’ve saved a document on all computers at once. This gives you the freedom to choose where to work and have the necessary files everywhere.Download to your computer.
Awesome drop - a way to transfer a file over the Internet without the aid of wires, install special programs on the PC, in general, does not require. Need a browser on a PC, go to the browser http://labs.dashwire.com , Store 4 numbers that are out there and you can see the program on Android enter them. In the Open box in your browser, drag the files you want to copy.
WiFi File Explorer - c this program you can view and download files from your device with other smartphones and computers. To do this, just go through any web browser on IP, specified in the program. It must be carried out only one condition - the two devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. WiFi File Explorer allows you to download photos, videos, music and other files from your SD-card of your device to another phone or PC without wires and at a speed greater than the speed of Bluetooth-connection.
Wireless File Transfer - the program allows you to share files over Wi-Fi between smartphones or PCs.
EStrongs File Explorer - free file manager that allows you to copy, move, delete files, displaying a preview, use the multi-selection of files, edit text files, search for files, decompress zip, rar -arhivy, manage files on FTP, access to computer files, manage files via bluetooth , send files via existing customers (Facebook, Twitter, BFT, Hancend SMS, GMail, etc.).

Important: Solution Wi-Fi problems, which with some SIM cards refuses to connect to the access points in the 802.11n standard and 5GHz frequency.

Due to an error in translation, Wi-fi settings in "Do not disconnect from the wi-fi in sleep mode" is recommended to use the "Always".
teddy02 @ 23.08.2012, 01:06*
In my experience:
As for "always" and "never."

In "Always" Wi Fi is constantly active. When I get to the house, the body in sleep mode connect to my point automatically. Connection occurs even if I had previously been in the 3G internet mode.

In the "Never" after locking Wi Fi phone still works for some time (about 15 minutes after falling asleep). Only then Wi Fi is turned off. Apparently this is done in order to avoid constant on / off Wi Fi during a short sleep. If the device is in the mobile Internet, he turns instead of Wi Fi after 15 minutes of waiting in the sleep mode.
dr_grip @ 06.05.2013, 21:35*
Many of us have to solve certain problems with the power on the phone. Despite claims by some users that the wifi does not affect the phone's power consumption, I can say with confidence that the wifi module really much spending our battery. The phone's settings tab has a "Wifi", press the left soft key, turn on the "Advanced" tab, then under "do not disconnect from wifi" select "never". (Some firmware must be selected "always") After selecting the item, the wifi module will be switched off automatically 15 minutes after switching the phone to sleep mode. However, some applications do not give the phone from going to sleep, and therefore enabled wifi module clock. These programs include "OpenID", "Classmates", "Mail" (Mail), "Viber", etc. To be able to transfer the phone to sleep mode you need to enter in the settings and remove the check mark in paragraphs notification. In particular, in paragraphs "Push-notification", "Manner", "alert", "Wifi - policies standby", etc. Do not declare that discovered America, a lot about it and so know, but when faced the problem in the search for applications that do not allow to go into sleep mode wifi module, no one could help me.

For those who have problems with wi-fi on firmware 4.1.2

Before publishing pictures, please read: How to work with the photos on the forum!

Topic with no curator. On filling caps please click through to a complaint by a moderator.

Post has been editedShoore - 06.05.13, 20:47
Reason for editing: quote on energy consumption

Rep: (481)
magicm3n @ 14.07.12, 22:58*
Next, open the regular dialer (phone), it is regular, rather than a third party, dial the code * # 94349 # and press "call"
4. At the bottom in small print we see an inscription confirming activation of fixation, Wi-Fi reconnect.
The program code when asked to set the transfer of money !!!
What a divorce ???

Post has been editedktempk - 05.05.17, 17:50

Rep: (3)
alister_a @ 26.06.15, 10:05*
Hello everyone. A couple of months ago there was such a problem, the phone connects to wi fi, after receiving an IP address, connection quality control starts to the Internet, then asks "Log in wi fi network." A minute later disconnected and writes "The device is disconnected from this seti.Vremya session has expired" .Sbros to factory settings and firmware upgrade did not help. Maybe someone knows how to fix the problem !?

Who has the problem solved?

Rep: (2)
Hello everyone, accidentally deleted the etc folder, can anyone throw off the etc folder completely? (Android 7.1.2) Now I can not connect to WiFi

Post has been edited--Kowalski-- - 08.11.17, 03:51

Rep: (48)
Good day.
Such a program, degrade the wai faille, how to fix it?
And someone can demonstrate where on-board module and the antenna for this wai faille?
In an Internet climbed, I did not find anything sensible (

Rep: (5)
This question has acquired this unit with it, as it turned out later, not Robit wafer. I have made a custom request, such as the start, connected to the network, normally a couple of minutes and off. Although the wi-fi works, sees the network and connect can not until you turn off and turn it, and then all over again. There are suspicions in the module was replaced for a bunch of firmware, various fixes applied. Who has any ideas? Already nerves not enough .. And just maybe an hour to work out, or may immediately shut down.

Rep: (683)
Maybe someone will come in handy.
On tefone sgs3, in the latest official firmware, does not want to see the 14 wifi channel.
I tried everything - I was recording in build.prop, changed com.android.providers.settings / settings.db
Nothing helped. The channel is empty, do not see anything.

Helped edit the file /system/etc/wifi/nvram_net.txt
The line "ccode =" put the value of JP

Reserve, turn off, turn on wifi.
14 channel appears.

Post has been editedcontradictor - 17.12.17, 00:00

Rep: (0)
Help please, after returning to the factory settings. my phone is no longer include wi-fi. I translate it into the mode on, and will automatically shut down. What is the problem? What to do? samsung s3, android 4.3, firmware I9300XXugNB1

Rep: (52)
Subject nearly umerla.No you most likely hardware problema.V odds on resolder (replacement) WI-FI chips.

Post has been editedPetruncho - 24.03.18, 21:25

Rep: (52)
After a long test on your S3 I have come to the conclusion that he is not friends with d-link, and with those who have the processor (chip) is not Qualcomm .u me Tenda router with Qualcomm chipset net.Mozhet problems with this should have been the subject nachinat- compatibility S3 chipset and router? On the other (routers) are constantly perepodklyuchaetsya.Proshivka 4.3

Post has been editedPetruncho - 24.03.18, 21:21

* alister_a,
What helped rewrite router? I just have the same problem.

Please tell me how to do so the phone is constantly working in the mode of Wi-Fi access point. It must be somewhere a timeout activity but can not find, and the point itself off after time, if nothing is connected to it ..

Rep: (1)
* Elinariya,
No, it didn’t help.

Sgs3 android 4.3 i9300xxugna8
Through setting the shutter or turn on wifi, icon changes color from gray to green and vice versa. Those. wifi is not switched on

hello. NID e Advice. tel Sams geleksi s3 - GT-I9300 (like so). bezprichinno often falls off vaflyay though a router in the room and is in a direct line of sight to your phone. which would put the example program so that it is constantly kept a connection?

Tell me what it means to "Sign-in required" appears in the list of wifi networks is on my access point? When connected, is connected, then the login window will appear prompting you to select a browser. I'm canceling because just open the browser. After that wifi works a few minutes after going off from the access point and then 'Sign-in required ". So it can be repeated many times, until you get bored. Previously, this was not happened suddenly. Another tablet android 4.4 works fine with this point and the other device with wifi.

Guys, I do not understand what the reason. On Samsunge S3 suddenly stopped working Wi-Fi. When you press the On button lights are not bright green and dark green, a few minutes Powys and is cut down. I am doing a factory reset, reflash - useless.

Show you how to flash the bin modem via Odin and TWRP.
Or poke my nose in the instructions, something himself through the "search" is not found. : Thank_you:

Hello!
help is needed
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 is a problem with Wi-Fi, on the router TP-LINK it catches, it's okay but on "Huawei e8372" is not connected, I wonder what's the problem

Post has been editedduburlan001 - 29.03.19, 10:56

Interesting problem was, it seemed that with Wi-Fi
Nullify an old smartphone to firmware 4.1.2, insert a SIM card has not yet managed. But I managed to replace the files in the folder, and even started to think about resoldering chip ...
But it was guilty obnovlyalka firmware! because of it, when you turn on Wi-Fi and the advent of the Internet, smart phone would start reloading, and it happens to turn off the Wi-Fi!
If you stop the Update (stupidly regular means), the smart phone for a long time working with the Internet. However, after some time (maybe one day), this stuff is restarted and reset continuing): NeRutovy firewall does not help ...
Attached Image

Descriptions of this problem is not as suitable solution options.
Apparently, it is necessary to upgrade to 4.3):

Addition
because Ruth is, set Titanium backup, update froze and left 4.1.2, restart stopped. Ruth disabled.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 05/02/20 10:16