Samsung Galaxy S III (Samsung GT-I9300) - setting and problems with Wi-Fi | [Problem] to discuss the problems with Wi-Fi

Rep: (855)
Samsung Galaxy S III (Samsung GT-I9300) - setup and problems with Wi-Fi
PictureSamsung Galaxy S III
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Custom firmware пїЅ | Firmware Cyanogen (Mod) 9 пїЅ | MIUI firmware пїЅ | Modification of software and decorations пїЅ | Club пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Wallpaper пїЅ | Games пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ | Wi-Fi setup and problems пїЅ

Why was my message deleted?
Friends, we all want our topic to be as informative as possible, and, at the same time, concise - there were no messages in it that had no practical value for the rest of the forum participants or newcomers.
therefore :
  1. Messages off topic of discussion (technical characteristics and features of the device operation) will be deleted.
  2. Messages that do not carry any meaning, and consist of monosyllabic statements: "Good!", "I'll try!", "When?", "Where?" - will be deleted.
  3. Messages with words of gratitude will be deleted.
    In order to express your gratitude, follow the Forum Rules:
    5. The reward system.
    5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.
    5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.

The forum is a public place. Before turning to a specific person in a general topic, and not through the systemprivate messagesorQMS, think - will your message be interesting to other forum participants or will it just take up space?
Useful topics

Methods of transmission data with BB and from the unit (not including KIES)
Dropbox - a program to sync your files online in all of your computers.
Put your files in your Dropbox folder on one of your computer and they will automatically appear on all your other computers on which you just installed Dropbox (Windows, Mac, and Linux too!). You can even install Dropbox on your smartphone or other mobile ustroysva (iPhone, iPad, Android, or Blackberry). All files in your Dropbox folder are also available through the Dropbox website.
With DropBox, you are always in sync!
Let's say you make changes to the document from the Dropbox folder and as soon as you click Save, Dropbox automatically synchronizes this file with all computers and mobile devices. It’s like you’ve saved a document on all computers at once. This gives you the freedom to choose where to work and have the necessary files everywhere.Download to your computer.
Awesome drop - a way to transfer a file over the Internet without the aid of wires, install special programs on the PC, in general, does not require. Need a browser on a PC, go to the browser http://labs.dashwire.com , Store 4 numbers that are out there and you can see the program on Android enter them. In the Open box in your browser, drag the files you want to copy.
WiFi File Explorer - c this program you can view and download files from your device with other smartphones and computers. To do this, just go through any web browser on IP, specified in the program. It must be carried out only one condition - the two devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. WiFi File Explorer allows you to download photos, videos, music and other files from your SD-card of your device to another phone or PC without wires and at a speed greater than the speed of Bluetooth-connection.
Wireless File Transfer - the program allows you to share files over Wi-Fi between smartphones or PCs.
EStrongs File Explorer - free file manager that allows you to copy, move, delete files, displaying a preview, use the multi-selection of files, edit text files, search for files, decompress zip, rar -arhivy, manage files on FTP, access to computer files, manage files via bluetooth , send files via existing customers (Facebook, Twitter, BFT, Hancend SMS, GMail, etc.).

Important: Solution Wi-Fi problems, which with some SIM cards refuses to connect to the access points in the 802.11n standard and 5GHz frequency.

Due to an error in translation, Wi-fi settings in "Do not disconnect from the wi-fi in sleep mode" is recommended to use the "Always".
teddy02 @ 23.08.2012, 01:06*
In my experience:
As for "always" and "never."

In "Always" Wi Fi is constantly active. When I get to the house, the body in sleep mode connect to my point automatically. Connection occurs even if I had previously been in the 3G internet mode.

In the "Never" after locking Wi Fi phone still works for some time (about 15 minutes after falling asleep). Only then Wi Fi is turned off. Apparently this is done in order to avoid constant on / off Wi Fi during a short sleep. If the device is in the mobile Internet, he turns instead of Wi Fi after 15 minutes of waiting in the sleep mode.
dr_grip @ 06.05.2013, 21:35*
Many of us have to solve certain problems with the power on the phone. Despite claims by some users that the wifi does not affect the phone's power consumption, I can say with confidence that the wifi module really much spending our battery. The phone's settings tab has a "Wifi", press the left soft key, turn on the "Advanced" tab, then under "do not disconnect from wifi" select "never". (Some firmware must be selected "always") After selecting the item, the wifi module will be switched off automatically 15 minutes after switching the phone to sleep mode. However, some applications do not give the phone from going to sleep, and therefore enabled wifi module clock. These programs include "OpenID", "Classmates", "Mail" (Mail), "Viber", etc. To be able to transfer the phone to sleep mode you need to enter in the settings and remove the check mark in paragraphs notification. In particular, in paragraphs "Push-notification", "Manner", "alert", "Wifi - policies standby", etc. Do not declare that discovered America, a lot about it and so know, but when faced the problem in the search for applications that do not allow to go into sleep mode wifi module, no one could help me.

For those who have problems with wi-fi on firmware 4.1.2

Before publishing pictures, please read: How to work with the photos on the forum!

Topic with no curator. On filling caps please click through to a complaint by a moderator.

Post has been editedShoore - 06.05.13, 20:47
Reason for editing: quote on energy consumption

Rep: (1167)
* SeriesBond, change firmware with full discharge is the minimum that you can do with your phone. Another option to upgrade the router

Rep: (0)
* 1ferrari, Good day!
Thanks for the info! I have a router Asus RT-N16. Full reset on the tablet has already done more than once. wifi folder also changed several times, to no avail. I wanted to try to update again through Kies writes that the latest firmware is already installed. What firmware in that case you recommend?
Thank!

Post has been editedSeriesBond - 06.01.16, 15:03

* SeriesBond, update the firmware of the router.
On the phone firmware better address this topic or PMSamsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III - Official firmware

Rep: (978)
* ekaterina_bas,
M
Take advantage ofsearch the forum.

and ask a question in the subject line of your deviceSamsung GT-i8552 Galaxy Win Duos - Discussion

Post has been editedartem1701 - 17.02.16, 18:04

Rep: (338)
Good day to all!
Friends, tell me which way to dig. The very question I have outlined in the topic of your modemHuawei HG8245 - Discussion (Post Boris07 # 48711868).But I feel that it is not in it, and in the phone itself. In general, how to disable checking the quality of the Internet connection. In the setting of Wi-Fi auto-switch tick removed, such as holding a connection somewhere in a minute, and then falls off. He writes "The device is disconnected from the network. Your session has expired." Or send me to the desired topic.
Thank.

* Boris07,
worth a trySamsung SM-N9005 Galaxy Note 3 LTE - modems (Post Triceratop # 40649709)

People help. I had noticed a terrible consumption of the battery. Decided to flash the latest firmware PF. The full wipe and how necessary. After that, about the summer is gone, but I found the cause. Namely constantly included wifi, even when it is off. At night we had a body with 100% money left in charge, since would sit down in the morning. Morning tried poshamanit with wifi, but to no avail. Next theoretically just called, and lo and behold, the module is switched off. Now it seeks to include as expenditure actually slept. What could be the problem? And how to avoid or to quickly solve? Screenshot have, but have not yet figured out how to attach as a tablet sitting.

Please help, I have some problems with wifi. Five meters from the router the signal is almost there, but other devices such problem is not observed. Worth CM11 android 4.4.4

Rep: (1)
Tell me please, when downloading to the browser download is interrupted faylov.Proshivka Stock 4.3. 4.4.4 CM11 and was on it the same!

Post has been editedLeon198579 - 05.06.16, 20:01

The big request to lay etc / wifi folder from the 4.3 version, stopped working after a reset to factory settings and picking the folder. (From 4.1.2 folder is not suitable).

Hello! Please help with this question. Home using Wi-FI network freely walk into your account on YouTube, Play Store, watch and download, etc. Outside the house (mobile Internet) can not go into your account on YouTube. He writes no internet connection, but it is necessary in this application make an exit from your account - see the main YouTube screen. Login to your account in the mobile network is not possible - says that a user already exists. In the Play Store can log in to your account mob.setyah, but I can not download anything. Although the settings are set so that you could update and download to mobile networks. Tell me please! P.S. Phone SGS3, firmware I9300XXUGNB1 (not me), version 4.3

The question that I have long been tormented! I have a huge amount of devices (c4, c4 black, not3, C6 and C7 edzh) they are connected to Wi fi, home is a diesel (25Mbps) on the freedom (50mbit). 2 different router dlink home, at work netis. The point then is this: it means they work well, then vanishes internet, well not exactly but somewhere 500kbit to your device. The solution is vayf disconnecting from one device (or mostly c6 c7 edzh, but there are exceptions) or restart the router. In the second case it is not always a problem solved by 1st time in 1m 100% solved. Seen only on Samsung !!! The result: one of the devices periodically puts out vayfay !!! And the question is: what is it and how to fight it

All privet..a I do not see the phone is not any wifi network !! Internet sim card works but no wifi !! What could be the reason?? It can iron? and how to check?

Rep: (15)
same on s3mini. periodically falls off wifi. it has been observed that helps battery removal and pressing lightly on the board. crack or chip fell off?

Rep: (4)
Hello! Sorry, but in this situation you will be able to tell? I have two phones, one for wifi works fine, 65mbps speed, and the other (Samsung s3 European) only works closely with a router, just moves away and disappears internet, small speed 5Mbps.

Rep: (46)
Good day, devil pulled on S4 wife configure VPN, now after its removal is a problem with Wi-Fi, writes that it is necessary to connect manually connect a minute later he is disabled, says the device has been turned off, that kind of crap :(, I understand that here on S3 but the issue closest to this topic

Post has been editedCross75 - 01.02.17, 17:34

* Kristina52rus , There was a problem. It turned out that the dead unit. It was necessary to change the entire motherboard. But it was in 2013godu and was in this sense. Sach you is probably not cost-effective.
Alexander.

Rep: (4)
* PABAH , Yeah, I find it easier to buy a new phone than pay motherboard)) cleaned inside all contacts, change the coaxial cable, but the result is zero, gave a friend the installer to work, I do not know, do not.

Phone Samsung I9300 duos.
For Wi fi connected all the gut, but the speed of the Internet fell by 50-70%.
There his wife the same phone at the same firmware.
Lodge 2 phones together.
Screenshots at the bottom that can be here?

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

I had the same problem - not seen 5GHz. It turned out there was a tick in the router settings at 5GHz network. - automatic channel selection. I removed it and it worked. Porter Asus A66us.

Posted 04/20/2017, 6:03:

Screen attached.

Attached images
Attached Image

Attached files

Attached fileScreenshot_20170420-060134.png(321.78 KB)

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 31/05/20, 00:07