Samsung Galaxy S III (Samsung GT-I9300) - setting and problems with Wi-Fi | [Problem] to discuss the problems with Wi-Fi

Rep: (855)
Samsung Galaxy S III (Samsung GT-I9300) - setup and problems with Wi-Fi
PictureSamsung Galaxy S III
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Custom firmware пїЅ | Firmware Cyanogen (Mod) 9 пїЅ | MIUI firmware пїЅ | Modification of software and decorations пїЅ | Club пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Wallpaper пїЅ | Games пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ | Wi-Fi setup and problems пїЅ

Why was my message deleted?
Friends, we all want our topic to be as informative as possible, and, at the same time, concise - there were no messages in it that had no practical value for the rest of the forum participants or newcomers.
therefore :
  1. Messages off topic of discussion (technical characteristics and features of the device operation) will be deleted.
  2. Messages that do not carry any meaning, and consist of monosyllabic statements: "Good!", "I'll try!", "When?", "Where?" - will be deleted.
  3. Messages with words of gratitude will be deleted.
    In order to express your gratitude, follow the Forum Rules:
    5. The reward system.
    5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.
    5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.

The forum is a public place. Before turning to a specific person in a general topic, and not through the systemprivate messagesorQMS, think - will your message be interesting to other forum participants or will it just take up space?
Useful topics

Methods of transmission data with BB and from the unit (not including KIES)
Dropbox - a program to sync your files online in all of your computers.
Put your files in your Dropbox folder on one of your computer and they will automatically appear on all your other computers on which you just installed Dropbox (Windows, Mac, and Linux too!). You can even install Dropbox on your smartphone or other mobile ustroysva (iPhone, iPad, Android, or Blackberry). All files in your Dropbox folder are also available through the Dropbox website.
With DropBox, you are always in sync!
Let's say you make changes to the document from the Dropbox folder and as soon as you click Save, Dropbox automatically synchronizes this file with all computers and mobile devices. It’s like you’ve saved a document on all computers at once. This gives you the freedom to choose where to work and have the necessary files everywhere.Download to your computer.
Awesome drop - a way to transfer a file over the Internet without the aid of wires, install special programs on the PC, in general, does not require. Need a browser on a PC, go to the browser http://labs.dashwire.com , Store 4 numbers that are out there and you can see the program on Android enter them. In the Open box in your browser, drag the files you want to copy.
WiFi File Explorer - c this program you can view and download files from your device with other smartphones and computers. To do this, just go through any web browser on IP, specified in the program. It must be carried out only one condition - the two devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. WiFi File Explorer allows you to download photos, videos, music and other files from your SD-card of your device to another phone or PC without wires and at a speed greater than the speed of Bluetooth-connection.
Wireless File Transfer - the program allows you to share files over Wi-Fi between smartphones or PCs.
EStrongs File Explorer - free file manager that allows you to copy, move, delete files, displaying a preview, use the multi-selection of files, edit text files, search for files, decompress zip, rar -arhivy, manage files on FTP, access to computer files, manage files via bluetooth , send files via existing customers (Facebook, Twitter, BFT, Hancend SMS, GMail, etc.).

Important: Solution Wi-Fi problems, which with some SIM cards refuses to connect to the access points in the 802.11n standard and 5GHz frequency.

Due to an error in translation, Wi-fi settings in "Do not disconnect from the wi-fi in sleep mode" is recommended to use the "Always".
teddy02 @ 23.08.2012, 01:06*
In my experience:
As for "always" and "never."

In "Always" Wi Fi is constantly active. When I get to the house, the body in sleep mode connect to my point automatically. Connection occurs even if I had previously been in the 3G internet mode.

In the "Never" after locking Wi Fi phone still works for some time (about 15 minutes after falling asleep). Only then Wi Fi is turned off. Apparently this is done in order to avoid constant on / off Wi Fi during a short sleep. If the device is in the mobile Internet, he turns instead of Wi Fi after 15 minutes of waiting in the sleep mode.
dr_grip @ 06.05.2013, 21:35*
Many of us have to solve certain problems with the power on the phone. Despite claims by some users that the wifi does not affect the phone's power consumption, I can say with confidence that the wifi module really much spending our battery. The phone's settings tab has a "Wifi", press the left soft key, turn on the "Advanced" tab, then under "do not disconnect from wifi" select "never". (Some firmware must be selected "always") After selecting the item, the wifi module will be switched off automatically 15 minutes after switching the phone to sleep mode. However, some applications do not give the phone from going to sleep, and therefore enabled wifi module clock. These programs include "OpenID", "Classmates", "Mail" (Mail), "Viber", etc. To be able to transfer the phone to sleep mode you need to enter in the settings and remove the check mark in paragraphs notification. In particular, in paragraphs "Push-notification", "Manner", "alert", "Wifi - policies standby", etc. Do not declare that discovered America, a lot about it and so know, but when faced the problem in the search for applications that do not allow to go into sleep mode wifi module, no one could help me.

For those who have problems with wi-fi on firmware 4.1.2

Before publishing pictures, please read: How to work with the photos on the forum!

Topic with no curator. On filling caps please click through to a complaint by a moderator.

Post has been editedShoore - 06.05.13, 20:47
Reason for editing: quote on energy consumption

Rep: (9)
MrMikeSv @ 12.07.2012, 15:40*
On the western forums problem with 802.11n performance in XXLFB seen

And where are discussing? Give pliz a reference.

Rep: (619)
one problem with 802.11n, I advise you to try the new firmware until XXBLG1, which is already available.
cheynzhlist though they have the same with XXBLFB, which is strange,
but they differ greatly in content, and the fact that refers to a wireless network, the wpa_supplicant, for example.
try it.

Rep: (455)
ATSerg @ 12.07.2012, 16:02*
one problem with 802.11n, I advise you to try the new firmware until XXBLG1

installed new firmware XXBLG1 - the situation with the N protocol - has not changed.

Rep: (84)
maxkamis @ 12.07.2012, 17:00*
And where are discussing? Give pliz a reference.

For example, here -tyts!
Well, or in the search. There is little information - the theme just unwinds

Rep: (591)
MrMikeSv @ 12.07.2012, 17:13*
For example, here - tyts!

so this topic has createdmaxkamis from our forum and no discussion is not there

pANd4 @ 12.07.2012, 17:18*
so this topic has created maxkamis from our forum and no discussion is not there

The problem itself is raised, not only here, this link just under the arms of the first turned up. Sustainable solutions have not yet seen. Here's anotherlink,

ZY with CM9 and AOKP m6 new modem XXLFB problems arise c WiFi

Post has been editedMrMikeSv - 12.07.12, 16:44

MrMikeSv @ 12.07.2012, 17:29*
By the way, CM9 and AOKP m6 new modem XXLFB problems arise c WiFi

First, Wi-Fi from the modem does not depend on, and secondly, atmaxkamis problem is on the CM9

By the way, Franco said in hiscoresupport WiFi power saving mode control on the fly - try, it is possible to solve

Wi-Fi Power Management toggle:
echo Y>/ Sys / module / dhd / parameters / wifi_pm (pass Y to enable and N to disable; its N by default). This option only appears after the wifi is activated

Rep: (192)
maxkamis @ 12.07.2012, 14:43*
Colleagues who runoff and WiFi is not working properly, poprobude perform the operation:
Do following in the keypad: * # 0011 # press menu button (bottom left), select wi-fi at the bottom of options, turn power saving mode off to use 5GHz, turn power save mode on to use 2.4GHz

Maybe something has changed.

The default was ON, OFF poked, absolutely nothing has changed. Hanging state connecting to pulse loss in any embodiment.

Rep: (192)
blacker83 @ 12.07.2012, 15:40*
so worth it! switched mode N only + AES

A version of the iron? I A4. And what version of firmware from the SGS3. I last Russian (LF5).

Rep: (253)
The impression is that the N-range wi-fi it's time to move to the topic of marriage :(.
I tried a bunch of different runoff firmware, starting with the first, different CSC, manipulation of power saving off wi-fi. Nothing helps. Nearby lie 4S and Asus eEEEpad and both connect to an open wi-fi only works in the n-range.

Rep: (4)
magicm3n @ 12.07.2012, 20:44*
that the N-range wi-fi

Try the following combination
*#0011#
Menu button
At the bottom, select wifi
There is wi fi Power Save Mode button that's it, and turn it off ... it is enabled by default.

He tried, but the only range of g

nds1979 @ 12.07.2012, 20:06*
Try the following combination
*#0011#

magicm3n @ 12.07.2012, 19:44*
manipulation of energy saving off wi-fi

By the way, I noticed that choose to force range only 5MGhz also impossible!
My opinion is beginning to emerge, it is actually a restriction on the use of 40MHz broadband access, which is banned in several countries, and it shifts to bypass firmware and Sales Code has not yet succeeded. It may depend on whether the device is primarily intended for a region?

ps. And why CSC codes all the pros? After flashing different CSC now I have a whole bunch of them in the selection: wacko:

magicm3n @ 12.07.2012, 21:18*
the impression that this is really a limit on the use of 40MHz broadband access, which is banned in several countries, and it shifts to bypass firmware and Sales Code has not yet succeeded. It may depend on whether the device is primarily intended for a region?

magicm3n, from comrade pANd4, As he told me, PCT phone, he WiFI with no problems. He is lecturing screens. And there are N 2.4GHz band and 5GHz he's all right.

Post has been editedogrino - 13.07.12, 15:37
Reason for edit: Removed topic.

Rep: (28)
nds1979 @ 12.07.2012, 20:06*
Try the following combination * # 0011 # button menyuVnizu choose wifiTam have wi fi Power Save Mode button that's it ... and turn off the default vklyuchena.Sam she tried, but only on the range of g

Only g. I put on the router only N and is a permanent connection. Put g + n and the immediately connected.

Hooray. I won it! I am still able to connect to Wi-Fi in IEEE 802.11n.
But rejoice too early.
I found the dependence of why many of us can not or IEEE 802.11n, or 5GHz range.
Now skilled romodelam-kastommeykeram there is something to dig deeper.

As it turned out, everything is very simple. No firmware or installed on the Sales Code is not affected. Samsung tried to trick us and has built a tricky algorithm to determine whether we can use wireless broadband 40MHz or impossible (namely the use of the SE limit 40MHz and a stumbling block to the use of IEEE 802.11n and 5G, since they use the most broadband).
This algorithm is to verify our place of residence (stay) at ... SIM card. Yes. Yes.
Enough removed from the phone's SIM card to make a full reset and voila, everything is connected! But as soon as I put back my sim card and reloaded again as the limitation becomes effective.

Some were lucky with the operator and his Simca somehow it does not affect, in spite of the host country where prohibited SD 40MHz.

Here such here pies :(.

You can close this long discussion on this topic. Unfortunately.

Post has been editedmagicm3n - 12.07.12, 21:42

magicm3n @ 12.07.2012, 21:41*
This algorithm is to verify our place of residence (stay) at ... SIM card. Yes. Yes.
Enough removed from the phone's SIM card to make a full reset and voila, everything is connected! But as soon as I put back my sim card and reloaded again as the limitation becomes effective.

magicm3n, I'll check. If it is confirmed -You genius who found it first!

magicm3n,
You really genius. I would never have occurred to pull the sim card and link this dependence.
Without Sims on the move 65 megabits!

Comrade rights, Samsung really monitor the country!

I had the usual micro-sim card megaphone, live in the same country as you)

Rep: (76)
There are also long been programs that replace the operator code, I once used them, when Kazakhstan was impossible to do shopping in the store.
So we were lucky in Kazakhstan freely connected to the n.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 10/01/20, 7:50