Samsung Galaxy S III (Samsung GT-I9300) - setting and problems with Wi-Fi | [Problem] to discuss the problems with Wi-Fi

Rep: (855)
Samsung Galaxy S III (Samsung GT-I9300) - setup and problems with Wi-Fi
PictureSamsung Galaxy S III
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Custom firmware пїЅ | Firmware Cyanogen (Mod) 9 пїЅ | MIUI firmware пїЅ | Modification of software and decorations пїЅ | Club пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Wallpaper пїЅ | Games пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ | Wi-Fi setup and problems пїЅ

Why was my message deleted?
Friends, we all want our topic to be as informative as possible, and, at the same time, concise - there were no messages in it that had no practical value for the rest of the forum participants or newcomers.
therefore :
  1. Messages off topic of discussion (technical characteristics and features of the device operation) will be deleted.
  2. Messages that do not carry any meaning, and consist of monosyllabic statements: "Good!", "I'll try!", "When?", "Where?" - will be deleted.
  3. Messages with words of gratitude will be deleted.
    In order to express your gratitude, follow the Forum Rules:
    5. The reward system.
    5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.
    5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.

The forum is a public place. Before turning to a specific person in a general topic, and not through the systemprivate messagesorQMS, think - will your message be interesting to other forum participants or will it just take up space?
Useful topics

Methods of transmission data with BB and from the unit (not including KIES)
Dropbox - a program to sync your files online in all of your computers.
Put your files in your Dropbox folder on one of your computer and they will automatically appear on all your other computers on which you just installed Dropbox (Windows, Mac, and Linux too!). You can even install Dropbox on your smartphone or other mobile ustroysva (iPhone, iPad, Android, or Blackberry). All files in your Dropbox folder are also available through the Dropbox website.
With DropBox, you are always in sync!
Let's say you make changes to the document from the Dropbox folder and as soon as you click Save, Dropbox automatically synchronizes this file with all computers and mobile devices. It’s like you’ve saved a document on all computers at once. This gives you the freedom to choose where to work and have the necessary files everywhere.Download to your computer.
Awesome drop - a way to transfer a file over the Internet without the aid of wires, install special programs on the PC, in general, does not require. Need a browser on a PC, go to the browser http://labs.dashwire.com , Store 4 numbers that are out there and you can see the program on Android enter them. In the Open box in your browser, drag the files you want to copy.
WiFi File Explorer - c this program you can view and download files from your device with other smartphones and computers. To do this, just go through any web browser on IP, specified in the program. It must be carried out only one condition - the two devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. WiFi File Explorer allows you to download photos, videos, music and other files from your SD-card of your device to another phone or PC without wires and at a speed greater than the speed of Bluetooth-connection.
Wireless File Transfer - the program allows you to share files over Wi-Fi between smartphones or PCs.
EStrongs File Explorer - free file manager that allows you to copy, move, delete files, displaying a preview, use the multi-selection of files, edit text files, search for files, decompress zip, rar -arhivy, manage files on FTP, access to computer files, manage files via bluetooth , send files via existing customers (Facebook, Twitter, BFT, Hancend SMS, GMail, etc.).

Important: Solution Wi-Fi problems, which with some SIM cards refuses to connect to the access points in the 802.11n standard and 5GHz frequency.

Due to an error in translation, Wi-fi settings in "Do not disconnect from the wi-fi in sleep mode" is recommended to use the "Always".
teddy02 @ 23.08.2012, 01:06*
In my experience:
As for "always" and "never."

In "Always" Wi Fi is constantly active. When I get to the house, the body in sleep mode connect to my point automatically. Connection occurs even if I had previously been in the 3G internet mode.

In the "Never" after locking Wi Fi phone still works for some time (about 15 minutes after falling asleep). Only then Wi Fi is turned off. Apparently this is done in order to avoid constant on / off Wi Fi during a short sleep. If the device is in the mobile Internet, he turns instead of Wi Fi after 15 minutes of waiting in the sleep mode.
dr_grip @ 06.05.2013, 21:35*
Many of us have to solve certain problems with the power on the phone. Despite claims by some users that the wifi does not affect the phone's power consumption, I can say with confidence that the wifi module really much spending our battery. The phone's settings tab has a "Wifi", press the left soft key, turn on the "Advanced" tab, then under "do not disconnect from wifi" select "never". (Some firmware must be selected "always") After selecting the item, the wifi module will be switched off automatically 15 minutes after switching the phone to sleep mode. However, some applications do not give the phone from going to sleep, and therefore enabled wifi module clock. These programs include "OpenID", "Classmates", "Mail" (Mail), "Viber", etc. To be able to transfer the phone to sleep mode you need to enter in the settings and remove the check mark in paragraphs notification. In particular, in paragraphs "Push-notification", "Manner", "alert", "Wifi - policies standby", etc. Do not declare that discovered America, a lot about it and so know, but when faced the problem in the search for applications that do not allow to go into sleep mode wifi module, no one could help me.

For those who have problems with wi-fi on firmware 4.1.2

Before publishing pictures, please read: How to work with the photos on the forum!

Topic with no curator. On filling caps please click through to a complaint by a moderator.

Post has been editedShoore - 06.05.13, 20:47
Reason for editing: quote on energy consumption

Rep: (0)
hath need write probably about LFB, that it does not have a WiFi frequency switch 2.4Gz / 5Gz / Auto and if for example before. firmware choose something one rather than the car, but on a different frequency router that does not connect
and also in this firmware does not have 802.11n support, regardless of the region, I tried different csc

Rep: (9)
wws13 @ 10.7.2012, 23:58*
hath need write probably about LFB, that it does not have a WiFi frequency switch 2.4Gz / 5Gz / Auto and if for example before. firmware choose something one rather than the car, but on a different frequency router that does not connect
and also in this firmware does not have 802.11n support, regardless of the region, I tried different csc

Also I noticed that the device stopped working with 802.11n. And now with the 3G does not appear in the status bar icon H. 3G and all.
I would like to know that the jamb so on LFB.

Post has been editedmaxkamis - 11.07.12, 07:20

Friends, let's see how to win WiFi on LFB, with 802.11n to work.
Dear Pro100Grammer wrote that restriction can be removed by changing CSC in English, for example. But Mr. wws13 says that the change in the region does not help, he checked.

Maybe there is someone else comments on this?

Rep: (591)
wws13 @ 11.07.2012, 00:58*

There are also caught in the 5GHz 802.11n

pANd4 @ 11.07.2012, 11:41*
There are also caught in the 5GHz 802.11n

pANd4, And how did you manage to establish a connection to 802.11n? What is your CSC worth?

maxkamis @ 11.07.2012, 12:54*
And how did you manage to establish a connection to 802.11n? What is your CSC worth?

and that this fiction? CSC SER

Rep: (1380)
maxkamis,

I also worked on the LBF N-range. CSC stands English BTU

Rep: (455)
maxkamis @ 11.07.2012, 09:52*
Friends, let's see how to win WiFi on LFB, with 802.11n to work.

I already wrote in another thread, and could not connect to the N protocol, change the firmware, put different CSC --- to no avail.

ALEKS_MOTO @ 11.07.2012, 13:18*
I already wrote in another thread, and could not connect to the N protocol, change the firmware, put different CSC --- to no avail.

ALEKS_MOTO, You generally can not connect to the N range, to any firmware or just LFB?

maxkamis @ 11.07.2012, 14:02*
ALEKS_MOTO, you generally can not connect to the N range, to any firmware or just LFB?

On any set and stock and kastomnye.Soedinyat protocol only G (54Mbps)

Rep: (1380)
ALEKS_MOTO @ 11.07.2012, 14:46*
Show your screen, which is connected N-range, if not difficult)

I can only show the screen of your computer screen (web page with the management interface of the router, there 72.2Mbps speed), if prompt, what program is seen on the phone, then your phone will send a screen))

vintal2002 @ 11.07.2012, 14:13*
if you tell me what program to see it on the phone, then your phone will send a screen))

Go to settings-WI-FI-poke in the Connectivity and see that there are speed-take a screenshot.
Well, so do some works N, in other net.Mozhet depends on the country of origin? (I have a bar code on the box 8806085107069 Korea)

Post has been editedALEKS_MOTO - 11.07.12, 14:25

Rep: (449)
Show your screen, which is connected N-range, if not difficult) Comrade also the S3, ask him, N range - connected Says - da.Reshil satisfied) He went to his home, looked at the connection speed - so 54Mbps.Vot, and I said working))

Post edited ALEKS_MOTO - Today, 15:03
Attached Image

assasa.
I see, thank you, ubedilsya.Mozhet tell me why the other does not connect?

Rep: (449)
ALEKS_MOTO, all below written IMHO - based on personal observations ...
Judge for yourself:
Was SGS2, the house has vayfay, everything worked flawlessly ..
I took SGBV - the same network fell off periodically checked with other networks - worked without a glitch ...
I changed the network mode to b \ g - worked without a glitch ...
Went changed SGBV - ceased to fall off .. (here an interesting point, both eNotika tried to connect through the "whistle" and there the program determines the vendor's Wi-Fi module, and so, the first was some sort of a Japanese company, the names do not remember, and second - gnusmas :))

Conclusion - maybe there is some sort of individual is not tolerated phone - router ...

Tip - try disabling \ change the type of encryption, if not help - to replace the router, they are now worth a penny. (Or replace the device, but IMHO it is more difficult)

Show your screen, which is connected N-range, if not difficult) Comrade also the S3, ask him, N range - connected Says - da.Reshil satisfied) He went to his home, looked at the connection speed - so 54Mbps.Vot, and I said working))

but at this speed is connected to 5GHz
Attached Image

assasa @ 11.07.2012, 15:43*
Tip - try disabling \ change the type of encryption, if not help - to replace the router, they are now a dime worth

Changed all encryption modes are not new pomogaet.Router (ASUS RT-N56U) - as well as the body (before it was S2) all podklyuchalos.Doma 3 more devices with N, are all connected, kromeS3.NE already know where to dig further.
pANd4 @ 11.07.2012, 15:51*
but at this speed is connected to 5GHz

Thank you, I do not see any vkakuyu 5GHz.Hotya router and smart we odinakovye.Mozhet inside a smart (chip type) different? I am sure that not only I have a problem on the forum a lot of people are also complaining about this bug.

Post has been editedALEKS_MOTO - 11.07.12, 16:15

Rep: (619)
maxkamis @ 11.07.2012, 14:54*
pANd4, And how you were able to establish a connection to 802.11n? What is your CSC worth?

I see here is not up to date, in 9100 the branch all already know about it:
Russian CSC blocks in 802.11n WiFi work mode and 5GHz bands. The official response to Samsung: "In 164 settlements of Russia prohibited from using radio waves 5 GHz band without a permit for the use of frequencies by the State Commission for Radio Frequencies In this regard, the use of this range is locked and in the official Russian firmware..."

To unlock all WiFi capabilities, you must install the patch through CWM_WiFi_Enable.zip CWM Recovery, or manually in the file /data/.ccode.info prescribe EU 0. value range set to "Auto".

Attached files

Attached fileCWM_WiFi_Enable.zip(123.76 KB)

ATSerg @ 11.07.2012, 16:15*
Russian CSC blocks in 802.11n WiFi work mode and 5GHz bands

I changed to another CSC-not helped, right now, put your patch - also samoe.Ni N, or 5GHz

ATSerg @ 11.07.2012, 17:15*
CWM_WiFi_Enable.zip

I and without that all work and work, both on the SGS II, and the SGS III including Russian runoff firmware, and now stands SER Sales Code

Post has been editedpANd4 - 11.07.12, 16:33

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 17/04/20, 6:56