10 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Questions and suggestions on the section.
xotta6bl4
Message#1
08.07.12, 14:27
Pinus nigra
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 3038
Check in: 03.07.10
Google Pixel 2 XL

In the last couple of months, there is an unhealthy interest in the section, because everyone wants to touch the process with the loud name Gamedev with his greedy money and / or fame hands. Here affects the popularity of games and the apparent or real huge fees igrodelov.

Therefore, this topic was created in which we put forward our proposals and ask questions solely on the work of the section.

--------------------
Motorola DROID [Steel Droid v.10.8], Galaxy Nexus (Sprint) [4.3 Stock, GJ04 radio, GJ04 modem], Lumia 735 [Windows 10], LeEco Le2 (EUI5.8.018), Google Pixel 2 XL

Spectra
Message#2
08.07.12, 14:52
Old resident
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 855
Check in: 25.05.11

To create a topic about requests for help and thrust it up, otherwise they will be created by those "prashrashak" and they will ask everyone in one topic (models, textures, the right people, to type commands into their projects) would be a modeler.
Lord kratos
Message#3
08.07.12, 16:32
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1061
Check in: 23.05.12
Apple iPhone 5

Spectrum,so, somewhere down there is a topic where models are asked. And the stupid ideas are laid out at the top, in the same place, “game designers” (they used to call themselves script writers before) and recruit a team of programmers.

--------------------
lihach77
Message#4
08.07.12, 19:23
Local
[offline]

Messages 330
Check in: 25.09.11

bred school .. oh, sorry, fools in our time ...
I have an offer of all those "game designers" who "I will command, and you will do everything for me" to ban.
just let if someone wants to do the "GAME" and wants to be helped, let him lay out his creation on the pattern:
1) project name
2) screenshots
3) description
4) WORKING DEMO VERSION OF A GAME WITH HEMPLAY AND PLOTS

Posted on 07/08/2012, 19:23:

point 4 is required :)
iNikit
Message#5
08.07.12, 20:08
debdeb: 3
[offline]

Messages 947
Check in: 07.10.11
Google nexus 5

lihach77
Dude, all this has been in the section rules for a long time.
2.6. It is strongly not recommended to create themes like "Let's make the Crisis killer / Angry Birds ..." without any developments (test level, detailed description, concept art, etc.).

--------------------
usnavii
Message#6
09.07.12, 11:16
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 967
Check in: 07.06.12

To take out "ports" on Unity in a separate branch.
Kardini
Message#7
09.07.12, 15:27
FOXAI
[offline]

Messages 1301
Check in: 23.03.10
Huawei U8800 Ideos X5 Pro

Usnavii @ 07/09/2012, 12:16*
To take out "ports" on Unity in a separate branch.

I do not agree with you.
This thread will then die completely.

--------------------
If a person does not know how to do anything, he writes scripts.
usnavii
Message#8
09.07.12, 16:41
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 967
Check in: 07.06.12

Kardini @ 07/09/2012, 16:27*
I do not agree with you. This branch will then die completely.

No, there is still no "porta".
LARGO, Punic Wars, Draw Rider, Tiberss` Box, CS2D Mobile, StickMan Parkour 2D, The Ball Story, Russian Billiards, Falldown Unlimited, etc.
Of course, many still sawed and sawed ...
Many of them on Unity, do not write me to Unity-haters =).
But something elusive distinguishes them from the "porta".

The branch just clogs up because of "portov", instead of accumulating useful information, there is an accumulation of kamentov on the topic "I was able to get rid of the adin house through the emport, praise mnu", "Moladian, and when will it be?" and "hachu partier<AAA_Class_Game_Name>, we need artists and modelers with 3Dmax "," give me instructions on how to write (!) the port (!) for android, not to offer books, no more than two pages of text, otherwise I don’t have time and desire to read this slime. . "

All this ihmo

Post has been editedusnavii - 09.07.12, 16:42
alex-4ij
Message#9
09.07.12, 17:25
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 634
Check in: 28.11.10
Apple iPhone X

May the newcomers forgive me, it would be my will, I would have closed access to this section to them altogether ...: beee:
To be more real to the problem:
Disconnect from newbies, the ability to create topics without having a certain number of reputations, or the number of useful messages ...
Or, if the number of posts or reputation is poor, ask the moderator to give an opportunity to create a topic ...

... the people of the campaign do not take the weight of the word GameDev at all.
And it sounds maybe cool, like the very idea of ​​playing, invented either in the restroom, or the devil knows where ...
And when it is time for diligence to translate their “hit of the last years” into life, they begin to understand what a huge ton of information,
need to overcome ...

And yet, I consider my proposals, more radical ...
To create topics in which to describe which topics should be created and which are strictly forbidden (with no experience or experience in the game), I consider it unnecessary ...
The person ruled by his “phenomenal idea” didn’t care about your work invested in creating a FAQ for newbies.
As a rule, give such people everything at once !!!
So the "dummy" themes will continue to be created ...

Post has been editedalex-4ij - 09.07.12, 17:44
Reason for editing: Completed ...

--------------------
"If you want to do something well, do it yourself!"
iNikit
Message#10
09.07.12, 20:55
debdeb: 3
[offline]

Messages 947
Check in: 07.10.11
Google nexus 5

alex-4ij @ 07/09/2012, 16:25*
So the "dummy" themes will continue to be created ...

Let them be created. Why pay attention to them? There is a complaint button through which you can ask to close the topic after a certain period after its creation.

--------------------
Reds @ nd
Message#11
16.07.12, 20:07
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 976
Check in: 07.02.12

The recent shkolodeveloperov tops horrified me. Here today, a child ponozozdaval a bunch of identical topics.
Maybe only those with a certain status should be allowed to create those?

--------------------
xotta6bl4
Message#12
16.07.12, 22:06
Pinus nigra
[offline]

Messages 3038
Google Pixel 2 XL

Reds @ nd,I talked to him.

I think to tighten the point
2.6. It is strongly not recommended to create themes like "Let's make the Crisis killer / Angry Birds ..." without any developments (test level, detailed description, concept art, etc.).

Section rules.

New wording:
2.6. It is strongly not recommended to create themes like "Let's make the Crisis killer / Angry Birds ..." without any developments (test level, detailed description, concept art, etc.).In the absence of a demo or other significant progress in development during the week, the topic can be closed at the discretion of the moderator.

Accepted criticism of the old-timers section.

--------------------
Motorola DROID [Steel Droid v.10.8], Galaxy Nexus (Sprint) [4.3 Stock, GJ04 radio, GJ04 modem], Lumia 735 [Windows 10], LeEco Le2 (EUI5.8.018), Google Pixel 2 XL

Kardini
Message#13
17.07.12, 02:02
FOXAI
[offline]

Messages 1301

Accepted criticism of the old-timers section.

As one of the old-timers, rebels, I declare: "FINALLY!"
I think you did everything right.
Only there is one thing.
We could add a clause: "When demonstrating progress, as well as any new improvements, the topic can be rediscovered."
(Purely my opinion. It is far from necessary)

--------------------
Reds @ nd
Message#14
17.07.12, 08:55
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 976

Kardini @ 17.7.2012, 3:02*
As one of the old-timers, rebels, I declare: "FINALLY!"
I think you did everything right.
Only there is one thing.
We could add a clause: "When demonstrating progress, as well as any new improvements, the topic can be rediscovered."
(Purely my opinion. It is far from necessary)

I consider this item appropriate.

What about making a general template for creating a topic in a section?

--------------------
Kardini
Message#15
17.07.12, 11:10
FOXAI
[offline]

Messages 1301

Reds @ nd @ 07.07.2012, 09:55*

For me - the ultimate dream.
But I doubt that the moderator will create it.

--------------------
xotta6bl4
Message#16
17.07.12, 11:40
Pinus nigra
[offline]

Messages 3038
Google Pixel 2 XL

Reds @ nd @ 07.07.2012, 08:55*

If you come up with such a template, which will be suitable foreverythingTopics section - why not.

Posted on 07/17/2012, 11:40:

Kardini @ 07/17/2012, 02:02*
"When demonstrating progress, as well as any new improvements, the topic can be re-opened."

I meant it, but did not write. Considered obvious. It must be added.

--------------------

Lord kratos
Message#17
17.07.12, 16:31
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1061
Check in: 23.05.12
Apple iPhone 5

IMHO, but the mandatory availability of beta (even alpha) in the subject calls into question the name of the section "Creating games for Android." It turns out some kind of "Testing games for Android", and this casts doubt on the importance of the section. Undoubtedly, the abundance of devices on the android makes developers look for some ways to test their applications, but are there many projects with complete projects? It seems to me that this approach is not very correct. Suppose a topic with FPS, in the same unit for "betka" it is enough to pull out the prefab with the first person, the formalities are observed. The theme with the game-island in the same way can comply with the rules. Take a more complex project for which the unit is not sharpened (more precisely, which is not implemented by a simple drag'n'drop), for example, my RTS (therefore, because I am writing, since this concerns me;)) or some variants of games like MOO (Master of Orion), requiring for the beta a large number of scripts for management, construction, resources, and more. How in this case? Who will evaluate this very "beta" on its compliance with the rules? I absolutely will not be bothered by anyone's opinion about my game if I lay out an empty scene with a cube crawling behind the cursor. I know that the game from itself at this stage will not represent, because There is a lot of work and it's not all drag'n'drop.
In this section there is a small chance to find helpers for the creation of game models. Is it worth spending time creating shitty models that you have to redo? Or inspire volunteers in white cubes?
Of course, the island themes, the Krajis themes, and the source ports threads are boring, but why not go into it and explain to the person what his idea is bad? Anyway, in two days he will score on this idea and it will be possible to close it. Yet the rules are the same for everyone, but it’s wrong to summarize such crafts with other projects.

By the way, all of the above has nothing to do with those who request donate. Here they are exactly with the beta should begin, and not to fix the screen.

I also do not understand why it is easier to go to 4pd and create a topic with a request for Google and find out a bunch of new information about yourself and your whole life, than to ask Google and get an answer to your question. Although, when the first link in Google with your question recommends Google, it is unpleasant.

A drop of negativity: (comment on the following text with how I'm not wrong. Mata is not there.)
It seems that the guru of gamedev gathered here in the subject. Damn, if there are all such pros, and the contents of the section are simply priceless, then why not make a paid registration (like the dev center’s girls - for 100 bucks), invites, etc.? And you need to come up with 100,500 rules for those who are trying to do something. And at the same time, why not download free streams and not play?

A couple more proposals for consideration, however, they are not particularly correct, so ...;)

1. In some magical way to protect "game designers" from developers. (to game designers: believe me, “ideas” sent to drugs do not become more valuable than ideas described inthistopic. Everyone has an idea here, but not everyone is as lazy as you are to read the manuals)

2. Prohibit any manifestationDonateDouble Reality Studio on the forum pages. Enough to feed the menu screenshots and empty promises thatmagicShaders will make on the "grafon" budget from krayzisa, if only someone would donate them.

--------------------
Reds @ nd
Message#18
17.07.12, 17:00
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 976

Lord Kratos @ 07/17/2012, 16:31*
2. To ban any manifestation of Donate Double Reality Studio on the forum pages. Enough already to feed the screenshots of the menu and empty promises that the magic of the shaders will do on the budget "grafon" of krayzisa, if only someone had donned them.

They closed.

--------------------
_PReST_
Message#19
17.07.12, 19:11
Local
[offline]

Messages 158
Check in: 17.07.12
Apple iPod touch 4G

It was possible to create a topic in this section only if there was a test version or at least a screenshot, some developments,
because all (most) are asked to "Port the game" without source, or "write from scratch" I just sat in the topic for 10 minutes and found only a couple of normal partitions

Post has been edited_PReST_ - 17.07.12, 19:14

--------------------
IPod Touch 4g 8gb(both buttons have sunk down) IconBit Nettab Slim Pro
_PReST_
Message#20
17.07.12, 19:30
Local
[offline]

Messages 158
Check in: 17.07.12
Apple iPod touch 4G