> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III - Marriage and Repair

Rep: (1321)
Marriage and RepairSamsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III

Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ| Marriage and RepairпїЅ | Official firmware пїЅ | Custom firmware пїЅ | CyanogenMod 9/10 firmware and AOSP / AOKP firmware (OS 4.0.4 / 4.1.2) пїЅ | MIUI Firmware (OS 4.0) пїЅ | OMEGA Firmware (OS Jelly Bean 4. *. *) | Modified and stock kernels пїЅ | Editing system applications пїЅ | Modification of software and decorations пїЅ | Wallpaper пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Discussion of the screen (display) | Wi-Fi setup and problems пїЅ | power usage | Games пїЅ | Club lovers пїЅ | EFS Recovery (IMEI) пїЅ |

When writing a question, please indicate the firmware version, the country of assembly and, if possible, the release / purchase date

Marriage- This is a product that does not meet the quality standards, specifications and other regulatory and technical documentation, which was adopted by the country's legislative acts, technological rules of the enterprise or other similar regulatory documents.

Theme Rules
Before asking questions and claiming that you have a marriage, you should look at the topics: Samsung Galaxy S III FAQ and Android OS FAQ
Before publishing images, read the
How to work with photos on the forum.
Why was my post removed?
Friends, we all want our topic to be as informative as possible, and, at the same time, concise - there were no messages in it that had no practical value for the rest of the forum participants or newcomers.
therefore :
  1. Messages off topic of discussion (technical characteristics and features of the device operation) will be deleted.
  2. Messages that do not carry any meaning, and consist of monosyllabic statements: "Good!", "I'll try!", "When?", "Where?" - will be deleted.
  3. Messages with words of gratitude will be deleted.
    In order to express your gratitude, follow the Forum Rules:
    5. The reward system.
    5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.
    5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.

The forum is a public place. Before turning to a specific person in a general topic, and not through the systemprivate messagesorQMS, think - will your message be interesting to other forum participants or will it just take up space?
useful links
Voting and polls
Attached Image
Attached Image

Free service does not apply to software (software) and drivers supplied with the product on various types of media (including, but not limited to, software preinstalled on the hard disk drive of the product), as well as the need to reinstall and configure BY.

Post has been editedMgalex - 28.02.17, 12:36
Reason for editing: Marriage and Repair

Rep: (9)
mor88 @ 15.8.2012, 18:58*
I have a sticking and creaking button or almost no lock button. In the SC they said they would have to wait !!! MONTH !!!, because they do not have any spare parts for S3 at all. 7 days have passed since the purchase. He took the PCT in Mvideo. Can I go to the store and change to a new one. And what should they say?

Well, it went MVideo I showed the phone and less than 5 minutes I already had a new machine! Changed without the noise and dust!

Rep: (36)
Viper74 @ 17.08.2012, 12:29*
1. Is there any chance for VIP service to replace the housing.
2. Is it possible if you bought the phone is not in Russia or just sending the seller?

1. VIP only PCT unit provides services in Russia.
2. No, see point 1. And what for you is easier and cheaper to solve only to you, wait a month and pay for sending, or wait a couple of days and pay for the repairs.
Dmitrij171 @ 17.08.2012, 16:40*
What to do, to share, not be exchanged

Exchanged.
Yuriy2012 @ 17.08.2012, 17:02*
People and dust and so does not fall under the Screen If the lid is not prilyagaet?

Protective glass and the screen is glued tightly in a single "sandwich". There even the air does not get. And if you mean between the "sandwich" and housing - may well.

Post has been editedaxell2580 - 17.08.12, 17:49

Rep: (5)
Yuriy2012 @ 18.08.2012, 13:50*
AmYn Under the sensor can fall as well under the glass is not? I'm right ?
Yes. Provided dust inside the housing, it may get into the district sensor. Since the sensors are glued, and just adjacent to the glass or even stand at a distance from the glass.
Between the screen and the glass can be accessed only if the glass unstick / sealed-off from the screen or if the break. Screen and represent a glass flask as CRT TV sets. There is a place for dust and moisture, but it just will not get there.
And watch the video of the disassembly and changing the screen! At the forum many races wrote, and in YouTube (your vision), a bunch of commercials.

Rep: (1)
Zravstvuyte. I have a problem: when the insert earphones (native) music like normal running, but when I start to turn the headphones from the nest, the sound in one ear disappears. And the same problem happens when you just plug in your headphones.
What's the matter? This headset or phone to blame? It's a marriage? : Huh:

Rep: (34)
BbronislavV @ 18.08.2012, 21:52*
But when you start to turn the headphones from the jack, the sound in one ear disappears

can beat that headphones are not completely stuck in tight sgs3 climb for some reason) and I have a problem beating, I shoved harder (until it clicks) - and everything is fine
though headphones from sgs2, informal bodies

Post has been editedcris22 - 19.08.12, 19:41

Rep: (0)
Prompt! There was a crack in the frame (Korean), it is better to change or pay for repairs to replace the frame?
ps unit 10 days. I notice the impact when the shoes or sit down / out of the car, but then need a stronger body, maybe do not leave it on the shelf at home.

Post has been editedbanufacuu - 20.08.12, 11:31

Rep: (1199)
banufacuu,
Definitely, it is better to exchange,If to change.

Natacha73 @ 20.08.2012, 14:15*
Definitely, it is better to exchange, if we change.

Service said that will repair only. The store has not walked - to beat out whether a replacement if it can crack again.

Rep: (192)
banufacuu @ 20.08.2012, 11:32*
Or wear in service - I was promised 3 days to change the frame.

One problem, change frame with glass screen and a button. Respectively. there could be as lucky, good screen can be replaced by a bad

viewer2007 @ 20.08.2012, 15:59*
One problem, change frame with glass screen and a button.

Not true. The frame and the display is not a single piece, and they vary individually (silver frame around the display - it is the case). Simply display is difficult to peel off from the housing and service employees easier to replace all that alone.

Here are photos of the details:
Display
Attached Image

Frame
Attached Image

Display, frame and "HOME" button together
Attached Image

And in the end everythingvideo , Demonstrates how difficult to unstick from the display housing. Of course, if there is a stove which warms the device to about 60o(I do not remember exactly), the display itself has come unstuck. But not all services it is.
Attached Image

Post has been editedaxell2580 - 20.08.12, 22:49

Tired of reading about the spots. I do not see them on three devices with samoled screens. I peered to hurt one's eyes - no stains. He took off with a second shutter speed in total darkness, the screen brightness at maximum.
Attached Image

For comparison so looks IPS delayed 1/4 second.
Attached Image

Rep: (5)
seregao @ 20.08.2012, 21:23*
Tired of reading about the spots. I do not see them on three devices with samoled screens. I peered to hurt one's eyes - no stains. He took off with a second shutter speed in total darkness, the screen brightness at maximum.
I fotkal at 15 seconds shutter speed and ISO 800, aperture can not remember, it does not change in the soap dish ..
The spots are seen at an angle of 90 degrees, rather than 10. Although not tested vanishing angle spots.
Referencefor example, how it looks with your own eyes. Brighter simply pulls the camera down.
Or stains on them there, or vision discord .. can flash retina consumed.
Citing data to each other, you have 2 seconds Excerpts against 15s at ISO 800. Aperturelike5.6 for both.
axell2580 @ 20.08.2012, 22:33*
If you want to see the spots, the eyes have to get used to the darkness so that you begin to see the backlight on a completely black image.
And if you do not see the stains - you lucky, because they will not interfere.
About the camera - to fix the spot, it should even be seen backlight.
Fotik backlight noticed, but it is less noise.
And eyes enough and 10 seconds to get used to the dim light in which it is already possible to notice them. Such as at dusk, when the sky was still bright, but going into the shadow of the tree is already visible artifacts ..

Post has been editedAmyn - 21.08.12, 00:33
Reason for editing: Add another answer with a quote, so as not to produce a thousand messages.

Rep: (132)
Can someone come in handy, my solution to the problem Sticky keys without the involvement of the service center.
I warn you - I am not responsible for your actions, everything that you do - on your own risk.

Background: I have at the hands of white sgs3 Frenchman, assembly china. Of stocks - Strong Sticky power button and volume rocker slightly. Once again, seeing pover menu decided that the problem needs to be solved. The phone does not PCT and pay service while I'm not sure about the advisability of this very much did not want to.
So, need small Phillips screwdriver (ideally - hour, I was just so handy), stationery knife, and 10 minutes of free time.
1) Turn off the phone, remove the back cover, remove the battery, memory card and sim card. The last 2 it is important not to forget, because they tend to cling to the inner cover, which we will withdraw further, which could result in damage to their slots.
2) Twisted 9 screws fastening of the inner lid. In the image shown in red.
Attached Image

10th screw in the top of the phone, next to the headphone jack, do not touch it, it does not hurt.
3) Gently picks inner cover nail pull slightly on and pulls it out of the latches.
4) Now we come to the phone's internal phone and see the following picture:
Attached Image

Red marked power button. Pushing it from the inside with something suitable (I used a straightened paper clip) in the direction of the arrow button of the squeezing the phone. She sits quite tight, do not be afraid to push a bit harder.
5) A careful study of the very key to the part that the phone is recessed into the case paint showed nodules, which can be seen even in the pictures from the online store of spare parts:
Attached Image

6) Using a stationery knife carefully clean by these nodules. I did not "cut" and "scraping", I recommend to do the same, the button is quite thin, and it can be cut in half or just scratch the visible side.
7) Put the key in place, respecting the "polarity" - its sloping side faces the back of the phone. Check the operation of a pushbutton, if little remained stuck - can be similarly clean edge "window" in which it sits.
8) Putting the phone in the reverse order, rejoice the excellent work of a button.

Volume rocker was cured similarly small nodules were at the bottom. Personally, I have for 2 days no problem with buttons is not observed, and what you want.
Conclusion: The key sticky because of their small thickening in the part which is recessed into the body of the phone. When you click on it pinches, and the power of the inner part of the reverse action (the switch) is not enough to push the button back. Make small chamfer at its edges you can get rid of an unpleasant defect.

I hope this manual will help someone to save time and money on a hike in the SC.
K
Raised in a hat.

Post has been editedNatacha73 - 21.08.12, 07:14
Reason for editing: Screenshots under the spoiler.

Guys give me the clearance between the screen and the bottom border, going to carry in the store, only carry the phone or the phone box and all packaging?

Rep: (3)
DrXishnik,
DrXishnik @ 21.08.2012, 15:47*
I have a gap between the screen and the bottom border, going to carry in the store, only carry the phone or the phone box and all packaging?

The day before yesterday attributed her with a pink tinge screen plus the same defect, only gap was the bottom, top and left. Below, by the way, gaps in all, or almost all. Refers to gallery samsung because I bought there. Refers need a complete set, including the box and all the accompanying papers. A check must also be. In any case, take your passport, because I was told to write an application to the Director of Samsung and there needed to indicate passport dannye.Mozhet is only in retail stores Samsung, but it is better to take. By the way, about your flaw, it may not recognize. If other complaints to the device is not present, I would in your place would not bother. Engineer in the gallery told me that I, of course, can also specify in the application of these gaps, but I the main complaint was the pink screen, and not to him. These gaps, according to the engineer, hardly recognize the marriage as First, it is likely to feature the assembly, and secondly, according to him, such a defect can be seen in the purchase, and if the purchase is made, the claim for the appearance was not (these gaps relate to appearance). I would of course with this statement to argue, but I had another defect more pronounced.
So decide whether to lose the device for up to 21 days, even in the hands of others to give, and the likelihood that you will make a replacement or refund, less 50%.
In general, of course, who would not say, but the percentage of marriage, in my opinion, is quite high, considering the price. There were three apparatus, and in all this or that marriage is present. Party is different. When I applied to the rejected last couple of days ago, horrified thought that the replacement can again get all the marriage. Samsung clearly rested on the third galaxy.

Post has been editedToha_emel - 21.08.12, 15:56

Rep: (22)
I also found the gap at the top to the left, too, dust has accumulated, try not to pay attention, but still annoying ... In exchange for not'll carry do not want to part with smart at least 3 weeks (and not a fact that will change). I only have a question - can affect the dust like something on the further operation of the phone? inside it like should not fall (located between the glass and the display) .Eh ... Anyway disappointed ... :-(

Post has been editedPrincesssa79 - 21.08.12, 18:26

Rep: (192)
Princesssa79 @ 21.08.2012, 18:24*
.On the exchange will carry not because I do not want to part with smart at least 3 weeks (and not a fact that will change)

VIP service - to solve any problems for 2 (3) of the day.

Rep: (1199)
Princesssa79 @ 21.08.2012, 19:24*
I only have a question - can affect the dust like something on the further operation of the phone?

Not be affected.

Rep: (22)
I read zaregalsya there is now waiting for a letter from the card? And another question - that I did not have VIP stickers will not change anything? Or her presence necessary?

Rep: (557)
Princesssa79 @ 21.08.2012, 20:45*
I read zaregalsya there is now waiting for a letter from the card?

Letters from the card number on the elektronku. By the way, when you pass the phone call samsung, notify

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 27/03/20, 16:46