> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III - Marriage and Repair

Rep: (1311)
Marriage and RepairSamsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III

Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ| Marriage and RepairпїЅ | Official firmware пїЅ | Custom firmware пїЅ | CyanogenMod 9/10 firmware and AOSP / AOKP firmware (OS 4.0.4 / 4.1.2) пїЅ | MIUI Firmware (OS 4.0) пїЅ | OMEGA Firmware (OS Jelly Bean 4. *. *) | Modified and stock kernels пїЅ | Editing system applications пїЅ | Modification of software and decorations пїЅ | Wallpaper пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Discussion of the screen (display) | Wi-Fi setup and problems пїЅ | power usage | Games пїЅ | Club lovers пїЅ | EFS Recovery (IMEI) пїЅ |

When writing a question, please indicate the firmware version, the country of assembly and, if possible, the release / purchase date

Marriage- This is a product that does not meet the quality standards, specifications and other regulatory and technical documentation, which was adopted by the country's legislative acts, technological rules of the enterprise or other similar regulatory documents.

Theme Rules
Before asking questions and claiming that you have a marriage, you should look at the topics: Samsung Galaxy S III FAQ and Android OS FAQ
Before publishing images, read the
How to work with photos on the forum.
Why was my post removed?
Friends, we all want our topic to be as informative as possible, and, at the same time, concise - there were no messages in it that had no practical value for the rest of the forum participants or newcomers.
therefore :
  1. Messages off topic of discussion (technical characteristics and features of the device operation) will be deleted.
  2. Messages that do not carry any meaning, and consist of monosyllabic statements: "Good!", "I'll try!", "When?", "Where?" - will be deleted.
  3. Messages with words of gratitude will be deleted.
    In order to express your gratitude, follow the Forum Rules:
    5. The reward system.
    5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.
    5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.

The forum is a public place. Before turning to a specific person in a general topic, and not through the systemprivate messagesorQMS, think - will your message be interesting to other forum participants or will it just take up space?
useful links
Voting and polls
Attached Image
Attached Image

Free service does not apply to software (software) and drivers supplied with the product on various types of media (including, but not limited to, software preinstalled on the hard disk drive of the product), as well as the need to reinstall and configure BY.

Post has been editedMgalex - 28.02.17, 12:36
Reason for editing: Marriage and Repair

Rep: (191)
AmYn, this is not visible in the photo, there is a band at a very strong degree when you can’t see anything anymore, another bluish white scares me if you turn the device under a certain degree.

Do not be nonsense. Have you forgotten that there is another layer of glass and light filters above the matrix, which glare and give color shades when viewed at an angle?

Rep: (0)
Good evening. Maybe someone will be useful:
I took the device white device 06.06.12 .. a month later there were cracks on the sides (on the rim)http://galaxy-droid.ru/328-problemy-s-korp...-treschiny.html+ The lid generally began to squeak and not fit snugly .. besides, everything was scratched and became matte. (the device did not fall, wore without a cover)
Now the most important thing: I decided everything on the Samsung VIP service. Turned on the map 08/06/12 the device was accepted .. after 48 hours the device was repaired (about the service) completely replaced the front panel with the display + the back cover.

Rep: (58)
the disadvantages of S3 which are recognized as a marriage I correctly understood that if I
1-A small gap between the display and the edging of the phone
2-backlash buttons
3-Very easy to scratch the display with a protective glass Gorilla Glass 2 and a plastic case
then I can calmly go to the SC and askreplacements?

1xtralol @ 08/09/2012, 01:38*
the disadvantages of S3 which are recognized as a marriage I correctly understood that if I
1-A small gap between the display and the edging of the phone
2-backlash buttons
3-Very easy to scratch the display with a protective glass Gorilla Glass 2 and a plastic case
then I can safely go to the SC and ask for a replacement?

Who said that this is a marriage? Did someone change the phone for these reasons?
1 - the norm, just do not change
2 - it is doubtful, unless it is frankly they will jam and fail, otherwise they will most likely be sent
3 - the norm, just do not change

Posted 09/09/2012 10:31:

flatronns @ 08/09/2012, 07:57*
but the front part has changed all (they said that it is not collapsible)

I kind of know, because I also had the screen changed under warranty (there was a well-marked yellow bar at the bottom of the screen).

Rep: (3)
Greetings to all! Did anybody notice the flickering of the screen on a white background from time to time?

Rep: (5)
Buhachhh @ 08/10/2012, 10:11*
Greetings to all! Did anybody notice the flickering of the screen on a white background from time to time?
This is how the brightness control system works.
Wave a pencil in front of the screen, if it looks like a few (fan), that is, flicker, if you just blur it against the sky, then there is no flicker.On somescreens may flicker at maximum brightness.
A person notices flickering from around 100 Hz of retinal work, although the consciousness cuts to 24-25 Hz, but with an obvious scatter of scenes, the consciousness can no longer cut out the excess. For the same reason, 25 frames can be recognized as a disturbance on the screen.
They can’t refuse such brightness adjustment yet, it’s much more cumbersome and expensive. And the absence of flicker at maximum brightness is caused by the fact that the power is started up on the straight line, into the waste of adjustment.

Rep: (1)
Today I went to the Euroset and digital city. Looked blue: no gaps in the front and back on the cover, no pink and other shades at an angle ... Just perfect.
In my own CU, the dust went under the glass (the gap on the left and below).
Such an impression is created that the gaps appeared on those blue parties, which were officially rejected. But they did not destroy them, but stupidly rearranged the insides to a new building.
Someone here, in the subject, changed the display with a pink tinge and after repair the gaps disappeared. How is this possible?

Rep: (5)
rexl1984 Changed along with the gaps. There, most of the components of the screen on the glue, and of the service center does not share the glued parts.

Rep: (3)
I have two devices, both blue. One is made on June 4, the other on July 13. The one that July has vibrations is weaker than June. June vibrates so vibrates, as much as the whole rattle, July just neatly moves it so ... Does Tse have a marriage or just different vibromodules? Whether the device will be exchanged (two days have passed after the purchase). Both growths.

And by the way, on the same July, the gaps between the frame and the screen are above and to the left ... I did not understand from the topic whether they can exchange or not

Post has been editedToha_emel - 13.08.12, 05:43

Rep: (1198)
Toha_Emel, You go to the store. Present a claim. But you will change or not, no one knows.

Rep: (230)
I have the whole back cover in the cracks already. It looks like gray stripes on white. They appear gradually for no apparent reason, they are not felt to the touch. This is obviously a marriage, but the question is: where do I go with this? I bought in a coherent, in the city there is an authorized SC with a VIP point. Phone 2 months. Questions:
- Can I claim a refund in a coherent?
- What actions will follow from the VIP SC if they do not have time to change the cover in 2 days?

UPD: I asked myself - I answer it myself.
1. Familiar, working in a coherent, said that it would be very difficult to prove to the coherent workers that this is not a mechanical damage. It will take a lot of time. First hand over, then get a refusal in writing, then go to Samsung with a claim, wait until the Samsung confirms that it is a marriage ... And it’s not a fact that the money will be returned, and not just changed the cover.
2. VIP phone support told me that the marriage was most likely (they wouldn’t be told exactly until they saw it) and that our Khabarovsk authorized SC is obliged to replace the cover for me within two days from the moment of the call. Emphasized "must, even if they do not have these caps available." If it takes more time, they said to call immediately and let them know, they say, they will sort it out. Such an approach to business is pleasant.

Post has been editedPustayaPa4ka - 14.08.12, 07:33

Rep: (230)
Continuation of the story with cracks on the cover and VIP-service. Came to the SC, looked at the cover is clearly puzzled. To my joy, trying to prove to me that it was my fault, did not. They said that this should not be so, but, they say, they themselves cannot make a decision, although this cover does not cost them anything. They explained that in 48 hours they would not have time, but they wouldn't take the phone from me. Just cracked the cracks (on the iPhone 4S, ha-ha) and today they will contact Moscow, consult if it’s a marriage, order a cover and call me when it arrives. I decided not to glow about vip and 48 hours. In the end, the lid is not critical for me (I’m going to buy a leather one the other day), I’ll need my own phone only at the time of selling the phone, but I don’t think it’s worth quarreling with SC. At least repair, and not as in some places: "you filled it with water or dropped it - we will not repair it."

Post has been editedPustayaPa4ka - 15.08.12, 04:08

Rep: (8)
Need some advice. I bought a week ago, a couple of days later there was a creak and a sticking of the power button. It even reached the point that the phone itself turned off and turned on. Where should I carry it if it is a marriage? I took the PCT and Mvideo

mor88,
First go to the store where you bought. And call the samsung.

I have a sticking and creaking button or almost no lock button. In the SC they said they would have to wait !!! MONTH !!!, because they do not have any spare parts for S3 at all. 7 days have passed since the purchase. He took the PCT in Mvideo. Can I go to the store and change to a new one. And what should they say?

mor88 @ 08/15/2012, 5:58 PM*
In the SC they said they would have to wait !!! MONTH !!!, because they do not have any spare parts for S3 at all. 7 days have passed since the purchase. He took the PCT in Mvideo. Can I go to the store and change to a new one. And what should they say?

What kind of SC is this? I think the call to Samsung very quickly set their brains in place.

What kind of SC is this? I think the call to Samsung very quickly set their brains in place.

So what should I expect from the store? And in Samsung, I still call
And yet, when buying, I did not issue a warranty card. This is normal?

Post has been editedmor88 - 15.08.12, 18:41

Rep: (31)
mor88,
You can come to the store with a complaint and hand over for repair / quality control (periods of 45 and 21 days, respectively). Immediately you navryatli exchange for a new, because They want to know who is responsible for the breakdown, you or the manufacturer.
SC authorized by the program VIP-service? If so, they should fix the problem within 48 hours.
Regarding the warranty card - come to the store and you will fill it.

Rep: (2)
Colleagues, can someone tell me - having read about the topic of marriage, began to look at the phone and found a crack on the rim (in the upper right corner), began to look further and in all corners, top and bottom, found the same microscopic cracks, and they are strictly symmetrical. The question is whether I have such a super marriage or is it normal and is a consequence of the assembly of the structure
P.S phone is blue.

found the same microscopic cracks, and they are located strictly symmetrically.

This is not a crack, but a consequence of the assembly of the structure. Many have it. And this is not a marriage.

Post has been editedNatacha73 - 15.08.12, 21:19

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/30/19, 01:12