> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung GT-S6802 Galaxy Ace DUOS - Discussion

Rep: (1622)
DiscussionSamsung GT-S6802 Galaxy Ace DUOS
PictureSamsung GT-S6802 Galaxy Ace DUOS
Description | FAQ | Discussion пїЅ | Embellishments пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | CyanogenMod 7.x пїЅ
  • Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Off topic posts removed.

Before publishing images, read the Working with Images on the forum.

useful links

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Post has been editedAlexanderL - 09.08.17, 13:36
Reason for editing: Safe Mode

Rep: (104)
DescriptionSamsung GT-S6802 Galaxy Ace DUOS :

Device type smartphone
GSM 3G communication standards
Android operating system
Number of SIM-cards 2 SIM
SIM operation mode simultaneous
Registration
Type of case monoblock
Plastic material
Color is black, white

Hardware
Processor frequency 832 MHz
Video accelerator + / Adreno 200 /
RAM 512 MB
3000 MB internal memory
Slot for memory cards + / up to 32 GB /

Communication standards
GSM GSM 850
GSM 900
GSM 1800
GSM 1900
HSDPA +

Main display
3.5 "480x320 pix
16 million flowers
TFT
Capacitive touchscreen display
Multitouch
Gorilla Glass

Digital camera
Number of megapixels 5
Max. resolution 2592x1944 pix
Autofocus +
Geotags +

Communications
GPRS
Edge
Wi-Fi / 802.11b / g / n /
Bluetooth / v3.0 /
DLNA support

Navigation
aGPS +
GPS module +
Pre-installed Google Maps
Digital compass +

Multimedia
Media player
FM receiver
Dictaphone
Java support

Connection ports
microUSB
Headphones (3.5 mm)

Data entry Handwriting input
Additionally
Accelerometer
Tactile feedback

Nutrition
Battery type Li-Ion
Battery capacity 1300 mAh
Standby time 520 h
Talk time 16 hours
Time in telephony mode 3G 6.5 h

General
Dimensions (HxWxT) 112.7x61.5x11.5 mm
Weight 122 g

Information: samsung GT-S6802 soft keys DO NOT HAVE A LIGHT!
This unitno front camera and proximity sensor .

Post has been editedstolalev - 25.06.12, 08:16

It turned out that he appeared after the Galaxy Y Duos, so I can compare with it. The screen is much better. And the resolution is higher and the glass, and not golimy plastic, sagging from pressing. The bell speaker is louder. The phone seems to be the same. As for the battery, I can’t say anything yet, time will tell. But in the past, the same battery held 3-4 days after the buildup.
And I really want Root ...

Post has been editedstolalev - 21.06.12, 13:06

Rep: (16)
I am going to order today Samsung GT-S6802 CWA Galaxy Ace Duos (chic white) EU
I will receive - accomplish your goal here)

Rep: (0)
Like they wrote in the news that he has two active modules, can the owners of this device check this or not?

Because Phone 2012 release for Europe, then the 2 active radio modules can not be by definition. But there is a setting forwarding means the phone.

Cranky,
And you did not come across infa about the root?

Another plus is that the back cover is not polished, but with notches, so you don’t catch remnants in wet hands. :-)

Post has been editedSergey164 - 22.06.12, 21:56
Reason for editing: combined

I own this device a week flight is excellent

Rep: (19)
Sister bought such a device. Calls are terminated :-(
Stolalev @ 06/21/2012, 17:08*
Because Phone 2012 release for Europe, then the 2 active radio modules can not be by definition. But there is a setting forwarding means the phone.

How and where to set up? Or are you talking about the fact that on both sims to put the redirection on each other?

I went to the update flew as much as 2 pieces. Right now I'll try to roll, it can stop dropping calls.

stolalev
not yet up to date.
Unfortunately, in Ukraine there are no official shipments yet (as far as I understand).
Therefore, I ordered a European with gray IMEI, but in our country with this, for now, softly)
Regarding the root, we first go ahead and there we will wait for comrades with xda-developers

The people on xda write that he has one sim card. Owners, tell me, how many sims in this body?

Post has been editedCranky - 21.06.12, 21:41

Samsung gt-s6802 Galaxy Ace Duos If you carefully read the model name, you can understand that there are 2 SIM cards in it.
when properly configured, no calls and calls are broken, everything works clearly and if you do not have it, do not write nonsense

Cranky,
Simok two. There is another model Samsung i589 Galaxy Ace Duos - the new Android-smartphone of the South Korean company. The abbreviation DuoS does not mean the support of the same SIM-cards, i.e. The first slot works under GSM, while the second under CDMA. And in our both SIM cards work in GSM. But the Samsung i589 Galaxy Ace Duos has two radio modules.

Post has been editedstolalev - 22.06.12, 10:29

Rep: (1)
I bought this device for my wife as a gift. Everything suits, but there is a serious problem with the sensitivity of the microphone! She hears the interlocutor perfectly, he almost does not hear her! Is it all so, or the jamb of a specific instance? Is it treated?

Posted on 06/22/2012, 15:16:

Yes, and still does not see the wi-fi router on hd2! Who will advise what?

Rep: (7)
Stolalev @ 06/21/2012, 4:00 PM*
And I really want Root ...

And what "rutovalka" from 6102 did not fit?

Rep: (1)
I got this white device in India.
Overall impressions are pleasant, but after HTC Desire S there is a difference ..
plus the fact that the battery lasts much longer, my HTC with a minimum load (read only in StandBy mode) - no more than two days. This Samsung lived in a mode slightly higher than the minimum load - about four! The difference is obvious.

More minuses:
The screen is much simpler, but it’s from this minus that it adds up to the life expectancy on a single charge.
It is slower, but it is understandable - the percentages are weaker, the rum is smaller.
the camera has no flash.
few default widgets.

Have questions:
1. The device has its own 3Gb memory, which is defined as a memory card !!
those. If the application is installed on a memory card, then it is installed on the internal memory of the device.
2. The external card clings as a subdirectory with the name sdcard_ex of the above card.
It turns out that the card here only acts as an external drive, for example for music, movies, etc., but dictionaries, for example for the same ColorDic, will live on the internal memory (card).

This is exactly the question:
Is it possible to remount partitions so that two maps are displayed, and not one in the other?

And one more question:
on the keyboard, which is displayed when dialing a number, there is no Russian layout, respectively, it is not possible to search the address book for contacts in Russian. Is it possible to fasten Russian to this keyboard?

Today arrived finally my ACE Duos)
So far, the impressions are extremely positive, because there is nothing to compare with - this is my first android)
He is satisfied with the speed, the battery is eating tolerably well, the screen is not a fountain, but it also does not suck.
The firmware supports Russian and Ukrainian - for me it is important)

The phone is already a week, I just can not understand how to set up so that the screen does not fade during a call?
Detailed description of the problem: during a conversation, the screen goes dead after 5-10 seconds, after a conversation the handset is not always clear or not.
You have to press the power button, wait 1-2 seconds until the screen lights up, and only after that you know that the interlocutor is disconnected, the weights weigh on the line.
And just to disconnect yourself: press the power button, wait 1-2 seconds until the display lights up, poke 2 times to unlock, and then poke on to hang up.

This is the only thing in this phone that pisses me off. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? do others have it? I did not find the settings.
In the settings I found only the phone lock when not in use, but there time is 1 minute, this setting does not affect the conversation.

After the purchase, the phone has been updated through the settings-phone property-software update. Before updating did not check.

I, since this device is the first android in my life, I can not for example understand how to quickly hang up after a call?))))

Rep: (4)
In the settings --- section Spec. Features --- check the bottom checkbox and the conversation will be turned off by the power button.

Rep: (7)
Hello! I think to get this phone. Can I install SPB Shell 3D on it or something similar?

In the Play Market This program is. But I did not try, it is paid costs about 500 rubles.

Rep: (37)
Owners of the S6802, please tell us how it is with dvuhsimochnoy functionality.
I'm wondering: will the S6802 receive incoming calls on SIM1 if I use the 3G internet through SIM2?

atuser manualon page 35 it is written incomprehensibly:
>Change SIM or USIM card settings
1 In Idle mode, open the application list and select Settings в†’ SIM card manager.
2 Change the following settings.

Accept incoming calls
Permission to receive incoming calls from another SIM or USIM card while using data services using a SIM or USIM card.
You can receive incoming calls only if the SIM or USIM card is connected to the GPRS network and is not busy transferring data.

Data network
Choosing a SIM or USIM card for data transfer

Active dual SIM mode
Permission to receive incoming calls from another SIM or USIM card during a call.

PS found in the internetoverviewandvideo!

Post has been editedOverpaw - 24.06.12, 15:15
Reason for editing: added review links

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/20/19, 23:16