Gigabyte GSmart G1342 - Discussion

Rep: (966)
DiscussionGigabyte GSmart G1342
PictureHouston
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Firmware
  • Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games . Off topic posts removed.
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Specification
Network Type: GSM / GPRS / EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz; WCDMA / HSDPA: 850/2100, or 900/2100 MHz
CPU: Qualcomm MSM7225A, 800MHz (2011., Snapdragon S1, Adreno 200, ARMv7-A, ARM Cortex-A5)
Operating system: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Memory: 1 GB ROM / RAM 512 Mb
Display: 3.5 "CTP, 320 x 480 pixels, TFT capacitive screen, 256K colors support 5 touches.
Dimensions: 121 x 62.5 x 12.5 mm
Weight: 127g (with battery)
Talk time: 4.8 hours
Waiting time: 144 hours
Camera: 5.0MP with AF and LED flash light
Radio: FM Radio
Audio: MP3 / WAV / WMA / MIDI / AAC
Music Video: MPEG44 / 3GPP / WMV / H.263 / H.264
Wi-Fi: 802.11 b / g / n
Data interfaces: Micro USB 2.0, Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR
Additional memory: MicroSD, up to 32 GB
Software applications: Google search, Google Mail, Google Calendar, Google Play
GPS: Yes
ringtones: 64-chord polyphonic
Battery: Lithium-ion battery 1300 mAh

Short FAQ
1) Video review G1342: Youtube Youtube
Overview Gsmart G1342, part 1

2) Test AnTuTu: Gigabyte GSmart G1342 - Discussion (Post # 14530159)

3) Battery G1342: 1300 mA. use of high-power 1345/1355/1362 will not work due to design differences.

4) What's included: Phone Charger (5V / 1A), USB cable, standard headset Gigabyte, microSD-card 4GB (Class 6), battery.

5) How to get ROOT Ruth is on any firmware (see "Firmware and instruction.")

6) The smartphone is possibledisable functions / prog standard means without a ROOT (Between services and programs have an addiction, so when you turn off one may turn off more. be careful . ) .
The list of applications that can be disabled:
- Android Manager
- Email
- gmail
- Google Talk
- Google+
- Pico TTS
- Report Log
- TouchPal keyboard with all languages
- Google Accounts
- browser (when using a third-party)
- Gallery -perhaps there is a problem with the launch of games
- Live wallpaper
- Android keyboard (using third-party)
- The best choice
- File Manager (if using a third-party)
- Music (by using a third-party)
- Market Reviews
- Google search
- Dictionary provider
- Street View
- Google Sync bookmarks
- Google Calendar Sync
- Google Sync contacts
- Exchange Service
- on the Home screen tips

7) The smartphone is possibledisable unnecessary applications and services Background Mobile network transmission data and WiFi standard means without a ROOT :
Settings-Data Transfer, you scroll down, choose a desired application, scroll down, put a check "Limit fon.dannyh"

8) How to install the firmware to another area code:
1) Get the ROOT on the current firmware
2) Change the region code to the phone ROM'e in /system/etc/sw_ver.txt BUILD_SW_PROJ = parameter file * they may be - EEU, WEU, RUS, CHT, PL_CZ. To change the setting for the required firmware - for example was 1.36.2_RUS - 1.32.2_SZ want - need to improve in the current firmware /etc/sw_ver.txt with BUILD_SW_PROJ = RUS on BUILD_SW_PROJ = CZ - it can be done only when the machine rutovannom, or simply when you save changes to it will give an error writing file. Copy the files to SD-card, change the setting, copied back to the replacement.
3) pereproshivat smartphone to the desired firmware.

If there is no choice after reinsertion of the Russian language by default:
It is necessary to re-gain Root rights - as they fly off after the firmware upgrade, and then append the path of the file system / etc / language.cfg
in the form of codes

cs_CZ
pl_PL
en_US

add

ru_RU

to make it look like this:
en_US
ru_RU
and in the Russian language list is available.

If there is no dialer (speed dial menu) after flashing the Russian language:
append file by path / system / etc / smartdial - KeyPadType = 0 to 3, i.e. final form should be such KeyPadType = 3

9) Soldering drain headset"Acceptable sound + micro + button to control the player without problems":Part 1andPart 2

10) A method of "treatment" stitch(False positives)read and do (Zein_86 Method)

Purchase
For sale in Ukraine. The average price of 1400 UAH.
Sales in Russia is not for sale.

Useful

"ClockworkMod Recovery", "custom firmware" for this model a smart absent. The probability of their occurrence is 90%.

• 3.1. The official language of the forum is Russian.
  • 3.2. All messages must be written in Cyrillic. Use of transliteration is allowed only in exceptional cases. To translate text into a normal view, we strongly recommend using the service translit.ru or similar.

Post has been editedassasa - 02.09.13, 06:38
Reason for editing: safe mode

Rep: (7)
Incidentally, when the acquired phone, read reviews on the outlet, worried that the speaker be quiet ... So, the speaker was pleased, louder than my previous HMyuzik 5530. In headphones (not standard) with an increase in the low-pass and 3D extension generally straight dumplings ;)
I chose this subject because of the attractive sistemki 4.0, ARMv7, and the relatively small size. Me 3.5 is enough to comfortably "fumbled" in the internet. And the machine does not want to lay down in the larger pocket.

I wanted to ask a question for the owners of this unit, does anyone know any program in which you can change the lock on the buttons to turn off the other (for example fotika button)?

Post has been editedAl.core * rul - 27.06.12, 01:21

Rep: (96)
HlK @ 26.06.2012, 17:45*
How many touch points in multi point?

Five.

PS 1342 users recommend that you install from MarketAdvanced task killer. and configure it to avtokilling.

Post has been editedMokrushnik - 27.06.12, 11:35

Rep: (3)
Excuse me please for oftop.
I want to buy a smartphone on Android in this price category.
Help me choose between Gigabyte GSmart G1342 Houston (Black) and LG P698 Optimus Link Dual Sim (Black).
At LG good reviews. Gigabyte recently appeared, but better features and Android 4.0.
Interest is generally proven Gigabytes (seen negative reviews), tell me, who is used.
I would be very grateful for any response (available in PM, so as not to clutter up the topic).
Thank.

Rep: (463)
positivah @ 27.06.2012, 15:29*
Help me choose between Gigabyte GSmart G1342 Houston (Black) and LG P698 Optimus Link Dual Sim (Black).

definitely 1342
Of at least a memory (150 meters at the skis and 1 gig at 1342) look ...

positivah,
This topic please bother to read from the beginning ..

I suggest that each user of the machine wills advice in terms of the preferred software.
I advise you to get a web browser Opera Mobile 12.0.3! There is no reason verbosity, quite fast switching pages and eats much less than the standard. IMHO, it is currently the best. For a detailed report, Google to help.
I also want to advise such a wonderful program from as MX Player Pro_v1.6g. For a long time I was looking for a video player, with which you can watch movies without lag zatormozhki and pronunciation. On account of his rather large list of formats reproducibility. Downloaded filmets, size 1.46 GB, quality BDRip (x264), reproduced perfectly.
These programs are in Russian, can be downloaded below.

Finding a program to change the lock button, please, if you know you are such otpishite.

Attached files

Attached fileOpera_Mobile_12.0.3.apk(13.96 MB)
Attached fileMX_Player_Pro_v1.6g.apk(5.46 MB)

Post has been editedAl.core * rul - 27.06.12, 19:26

Rep: (11)
Huh, operativnenko. Today I bought a device and has already received a root. hereby thismethod. Later I accomplish your goal of the Smart.

Rep: (0)
and the rules are such as the Memory Games max paine and gta 3 ???

The owners of a subject, who knows how you need something to do, that you speak to one sim card, the second has also been working?

Al.core * rul,
but maybe it's worth to see the phone description and see that it support dual-sim only in standby mode? :)

: '- (pechalnenko

Al.core * rul,
Now almost all the so - no one makes low-end models with two radios.

Viewson @ 27.06.2012, 23:18*
already got root

Firmware version at the time of Ruta what?

Firmware version at the time of Ruta what?

4.0.3 today but will be updated to 4.0.4, the evening will unsubscribe.

Viewson,
Tried to 1.24 (4.0.4) - the method does not roll. : Blush:

Uv.vladeltsy, try it on the recorder to record conversations, I want to buy it, and this feature nuzhna.Seychas I in 1315 with a line not pishit, and the microphone is almost inaudible subscriber.

Mokrushnik @ 29.06.2012, 12:51*
Tried to 1.24 (4.0.4) - the method does not roll.

Yes, 4.0.3 still works but when you upgrade to 4.0.4 flies. None of the traditional methods do not work. Have any suggestions?

Hello. Please tell me who updated the firmware - how to do it correctly? At the office. Online detailed instructions are found for 1342.
2 question - how then revert back to the old firmware if what?

yunikuz,
instruction fromMokrushnik, with Ukrainian Forum:
1. Copy the firmware update file "update1.zip" (additional files may be present "configure" and "update.zip.dig" (for devices not from Russia or Ukraine) to the root of the SD card.
2. Charge the phone or remove the battery during the upgrade process. Turn off your phone and insert the memory card into the slot.
3. Tighten the button "Volume +" and click the trigger. Button "Volume +" can be released after the display shows the home screen mode "Recovery Mode".
4. After a complete phone boot in "Recovery Mode" you will be prompted to update the firmware. Using the volume buttons select "Yes" to start the update process, and then press the camera button to confirm.
5. Start the update process will confirm the progress bar at the bottom of the screen. Upgrading may take a few minutes.
6. Your phone will restart automatically after the upgrade process.

VitalyMoiseev,
Thank.
On the native firmware, as I understand, only then do not come back.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 31/05/20, 21:03