208 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Microsoft Surface RT - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows RT OS, - Tablet / 10.6 '' / Nvidia Tegra 3
Tech12345
Message#1
19.06.12, 14:38
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 10
Check in: 09.03.12

Surface RT | Surface pro � | Surface 2 � | Surface Pro 2

Attached Image

Specs
Operating system:Windows RT, upgrade to Windows RT 8.1
CPU:Nvidia Tegra 3 t30l 1.3 GHz
RAM capacity:2 GB
Screen:TFT IPS, 10.6 ", 1366x768, 148 PPI, Gorilla Glass 2, without air gap, multitouch with up to 5 touch points
Memory:32/64 GB internal, microSD card support
Camera:Two cameras of 1.2 MP, 720p, without autofocus, with activity indicators
Sound:Stereo speakers, 2 microphones (stereo), Wolfson 8962E audio chip
Sensors:Accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, light sensor
Wireless connection:Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11a, b, g, n 2.4GHz / 5GHz
Connectors:USB 2.0 (USB host), microHDMI, mini-jack 3.5 mm, magnetic keyboard and charging connectors
Battery:31.5 Wh (4200mAh), 7.4 V
Dimensions (LxWxD):274.6 x 172 x 9.4 mm, weight 676 g
Packing size:380 x 60 x 210 mm, weight 1.71 kg
What is important to know before you buy
● Windows RT is the edition of the Windows 8 operating system for computers based on ARM processors. It is possible to install only metro applications from the Windows Store. But,somedesktop applications can be installed afterjailbreak.
● No, you cannot install Windows 8, Android and other operating systems here.
● Approximately 15 GB is available for the 32 GB version and about 45 GB for the 64 GB version. The rest of the place is occupied by the system and pre-installed software.
● USB devices that require the installation of additional drivers will not work. Using 3G won't work either - Windows RT "out of the box" only works with modems that supportNDIS 6.3, such on sale yet.Solution to the problem.
В — планшет A tablet purchased not in Russia is Russified in a couple of touches through the tablet settings menu. It will remain to take care of the adapter for charging and the Russification of the keyboard cover, for example, usingengravings.
● On September 23, a presentation of the second generation of Surface tablets took place.
Accessories
2012:
● Touch Cover
● Touch Cover LE
● Type Cover
● HDMI adapterIt is perfectly replaced by a conventional microHDMI-HDMI cable.
● VGA adapter
● Wedge Mouse

2013:
● Touch Cover 2
● Type Cover 2
● Arc Touch Mouse
● Car memory
● Wireless adapter for keyboard covers

Other accessories:
Incipio Covers
Instructions / Utility
The process of disassembling the tablet on iFixit
The process of exchanging a faulty device through myservice.surface.com
Reset factory settings without logging in
How to add a power button on the main screen in Win 8.1 Update 1
● Install applications on a memory card -Video instruction- only for Windows RT8
Official images to create a system recovery disc, user imagepcm(WinRT 8.0). Only for Surface RT!
What to do if the OS does not start
Most likely to blame update KB3033055.Instructions for removing updates using the command line
What to do if you have problems with charging the tablet
1. Thoroughly wipe the contacts on the charger and on the tablet itself.
2. If it did not help,follow this instruction.
What to do if after reset Windows 8.1 RT Update 3 is not installed
You must manually install the updateKB3138615, KB3021910andKB3172614by disconnecting the Internet.
Reset and restore Surface using a USB drive
Resetting and restoring Surface using a USB disk (ATTENTION! Reset will delete all your files and programs, before performing these actions, take care to save the information you need on removable media!)

1. Open the right menu, tap the power icon, and then tap Shut down. (Or, click the power icon in the lower right corner of the login screen.)
2. Insert the prepared USB recovery disk with the FAT32 file system (the image can be downloaded from the links in the topic header, just unzip the contents of the archive to a USB root with more than 4GB)
3. Hold down the volume down (-) button.
4. Press and release the power button.
5. When the Surface logo appears, release the volume control.
6. Select the language options.
7. Select a keyboard layout.
8. On the BitLocker screen, click "skip this drive." (the keyboard can close this parameter by itself, click on any area above it to hide it)
9. Click the Troubleshoot button.
10. Click Reset Computer.
11. Click Next. (It appears as a Windows 8.1 recovery button, but Windows 8.0 will actually recover.)
12. Only for Surface Pro: Click "No, save existing partitions." (There will be a similar message on the Surface RT. You need to select "No".)
13. Click "Delete My Files Only"
14. When the message “Everything is ready for operation” appears on the screen, press the “Reset” button (This step may not be displayed and recovery will begin after step 13)

That's it, waiting for the desktop to appear, Surface restored to the factory state. I also recommend disabling the automatic system update (see spoiler below) if you want to use Jailbreak, since in case of upgrading the system to 8.1, Jailbreak is lost.
Turn off automatic system updates
Open Registry Editor (Run ->regedit) with administrator rights, go to the section "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Curr entVersion \ WindowsUpdate \ Auto Update"
Set the AUOptions value to "0" (disable the update completely), or "3" (the ability to install updates manually).
Add files from the memory card to the library
The instruction is relevant only for Windows RT, in version 8.1 RT removable drives are added to the library in the same way as any folder in the device’s memory.

● Type the text “Create section” (without quotes) in the search bar. In the “Disk Management” window that opens, in the lower part you will see a microSD memory card, to which a specific drive letter is assigned.
● Click the second mouse button on “Removable device” and select the item “Change drive letter or drive path ...”
● A window will open with the buttons “Add”, “Delete”, “Change”, in which the last two buttons will be unavailable when the memory card is inserted.
● Click "Add" and select "Mount volume as an empty NTFS folder". In the window that opens, create a new folder in your user directory. For example, C: \ Users \ your username \ microSD.
● Select this folder.

Everything. Now you can work with a memory card in the same way as with any other folder in Windows 8 and also add it to the “Video”, “Music”, “Images” libraries. To do this, in Explorer, right-click on this folder, in the list of options that opens, click on “Add to Library” and select the library you want.
After that, applications for working with video files, music files and images will be able to see the files located on the tablet's memory card.
Jailbreak Windows RT 8
Jailbreak allows you to set classicARMapplications (see list below).

● Installation:
  1. Unpack the archive in any folder;
  2. Run "runExploit.bat";
  3. Press "R" in the appeared window to start the process;
  4. After installation, the program will ask you to press the volume button (any);
  5. In order for the jailbreak not to fly after a reboot, open "runExploit.bat" again and click "I";

Download RT Jailbreak Tool / xda-developers theme.

List of ARM applications on XDA-Developers
-- PascalABC
-- PCSX Reloaded (PS1 console emulator)
Jailbreak Windows RT 8.1
Jailbreak allows you to set classicARMapplications (see list below).

● Installation:
  1. DownloadWindows RT 8.1 Development Toolon the tablet. (Windows RT Mod 8.1 Development Tool by Porsche-928)
  2. Unpack the archive.
  3. Run the .bat file as an administrator.
  4. Press any key, a menu will appear:
    1 = Modify Windows Update.
    2 = Remove Infected Updates.
    3 = Boot Into Test Mode.
    4 = Boot Into Normal Mode.
    5 = Exit.
  5. Select the first item, then 1, to completely disable updates, or 2 or 3, to allow searching / downloading updates.
  6. Select item 2, after the operation is completed, the device will reboot.
  7. Run the Jailbreak Tool again as an administrator.
  8. Select item 3, the device will reboot.
  9. Done, in the lower right corner should appear "Test mode". Before installing the application, you need to sign or download already signed ones.
Windows RT 8.1 Development Tool on GitHub
XDA-developers topic
List of signed applications
List of ARM applications on XDA-Developers
-- PascalABC
-- PCSX Reloaded (PS1 console emulator)
Application signature
Method 1 - on the computer or directly on the tablet:
  1. Downloadauto-sign tool.
  2. Run exe file
  3. Click Sign Folder and select a folder with applications.
Method 2 - on the computer:
  1. Downloadauto-sign tool.
  2. To installWindows SDK for Windows 8.1andWindows SDK for Windows 10.
  3. Copy cmd-file to the folder with applications.
  4. Run cmd-file with administrator rights.
  5. All exe and dll files, including those in subfolders, will be signed.

Dear users, everything you do with your tablet, you do at your own peril and risk.

Polls archive
19.01.14:
Attached Image

Discussion of Windows RT and Modern UI software.
Did not find anything in this thread? Look in the next:ASUS VivoTab RT,Nokia Lumia 2520.
Official support page.

Attention! Installing update KB3033055 on top of newer updates may cause problems with the launch of the device!

The curator of this topic isgr-e. If there are suggestions for filling / correcting the cap, feel free to write me inQMS :)

Post has been editedgr-e - 15.09.18, 22:10
Reason for editing: Download link for Windows RT 8.1 Development Tool from GitHub
Jester31101
Message#2
19.06.12, 15:06
Experienced
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 567
Check in: 27.12.10
Google Pixel 2 XL

The tablet, which after the release will not be anything except the office and a set of standard applications.
PS: in addition to the resolution to him before the ipad as before the moon.
Jester31101
Message#3
19.06.12, 15:32
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 567
Google Pixel 2 XL

vertyogo @ 06/19/2012, 16:14*
climbed the same, and not eksinos

That's it, that Huang is trying to shove his chips anywhere, for somehow you have to earn. And even then they are unlikely to earn much in this area, who needs a tablet with almost no applications? The future of Win 8 on tablets for energy-efficient x86 chips, next year there will already be new Atom, which are comparable in consumption to the current Snapdragon S4. Well, Samsung doesn’t make sense to try to push its chips to someone, because their devices are sold for millions of copies.
Fandis
Message#4
19.06.12, 15:46
User
[offline]

Messages 55
Check in: 16.05.12

windows is unnecessary.
And so - it looks nice :)
But a competitor pada or even an android? Not.
Q8 does not have any imputed advantages, but there are enough disadvantages.

Next year, there will be new Atoms, which are comparable in consumption to the current Snapdragon S4

Here it is curious: yes2: can pruflink?
darkinsideus
Message#5
19.06.12, 16:31
Local
[offline]

Messages 118
Check in: 07.06.11
Samsung Galaxy S8 Exynos

the display would be there at least FullHD or Retina and I would love to buy * _ *. But there will be programs and there will be games (RT supports Direct 9
Jester31101
Message#6
19.06.12, 17:47
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 567
Google Pixel 2 XL

vertyogo @ 06/19/2012, 17:05*
a multibillion-dollar contract with Geyts

What ceiling did you take it from?
Tech12345
Message#7
19.06.12, 18:07
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 10

Many are afraid that Win 8 RT will be a raw OS, and there will be no software. then we recall earlier versions of the same iOS, it was damp, from the games of normal only Angry Birds, before the first jailbreak the possibilities were extremely limited, there was no office software or entertainment the first time, and what can I say, there was no multi-tasking system. And it did not frighten anyone, in time everything was decided by updates, and the software eventually appeared. and early versions of Android (something like 1.6) do not even need to be remembered.
What I liked, I found that in tablets on Win RT as well as on other versions of the OS, a full-fledged MS Office will be preinstalled, here it is, one of the main advantages of Win, for using the tablet in work, school.
Jester31101
Message#8
19.06.12, 18:46
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 567
Google Pixel 2 XL

When did the iPad come out? What was then on the market? Yes, there was nothing but him. Windows enters the market with a delay of two years, while it has nothing in its arsenal, except Office. To become competitive at the start, you need to have in your portfolio a very heavy set of applications and games. Where are they? Do you see many studios that have presented or at least expressed a desire to develop applications for Win RT? I have not yet seen one, although there are only a few months left. Everything else, and in terms of iron Win RT tablets are not impressive, the terms of HD resolution. But manufacturers pay attention to Win 8 version and presented a lot of interesting solutions on Intel Core.
Spacekimo
Message#9
19.06.12, 20:04
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 468
Check in: 04.09.08
Google Pixel 2 XL

Jester31101,
yes you are just a hayter. I need RT surfing in view of the cover, subway, office and content consumption. There is nothing pleasant on your 7.7 tab. And also an awesome experience with holding the device in your hand and everything. Still, it will be a limited excellent product that will not be sold en masse.

If you need post keys, everything will be later, C ++ is supported, as well as unity
Jester31101
Message#10
19.06.12, 21:01
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 567
Google Pixel 2 XL

Spacekimo @ 06/19/2012, 9:04 PM*
yes you are just a hayter

In which place? Where did I say a word that the platform sucks, let it not be released? Against the platform I did not say a word. I just note the obvious disadvantage, namely the lack of enthusiasm among developers. Naturally, after the release of the program will gradually appear, only until the normal amount is typed, the second generation of the tablet will be released. If you only need Office, please, I do not discourage anyone.
PS: the price of an OEM license for Windows RT is $ 85, devices will not be cheap.

Spacekimo @ 06/19/2012, 9:04 PM*
There is nothing pleasant on your 7.7 tab.

And he and? Again, where did I even mention him or Android? Well, since we decided to attribute, then it has a normal reader, IM client, alternative gallery, video / audio player, email, torrent clients, remote access program, organizer, programs for electronic wallets and various clients of media services (this is still a tablet , there is no desire to do everything through the browser). And I put all this right after the purchase, and did not sit waiting for the release of each program during the month (s). Office to me on the tablet as unnecessary, because the maximum I use it for typing and a little formatting / viewing of finished files, and for this I have enough and the available programs.
PS: I don't particularly play games, it costs only a few time-killers and puzzles. Although this will not be on Win RT immediately after the release.

Post has been editedJester31101 - 19.06.12, 21:02
Tech12345
Message#11
19.06.12, 21:06
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 10

Jester31101 @ 06/19/2012, 19:46*
To become competitive at the start, you need to have in your portfolio a very heavy set of applications and games. Where are they? Do you see many studios that have presented or at least expressed a desire to develop applications for Win RT? I have not yet seen one, although there are only a few months left.

I think investing money in such a project, Microsoft thinks about it, and the Win 8 application store has already been created, it works, the developers have been filling it with half a year with applications, the largest companies developing applications were presented with Windows 8 Consumer Preview just in winter for application development.
Jester31101
Message#12
19.06.12, 21:18
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 567
Google Pixel 2 XL

Tech12345 @ 06/19/2012, 10:06 PM*
I think investing money in such a project, Microsoft thinks about it.

Windows Phone 7 is a pretty good example of how investing money does not give the desired effect ...

even in the winter, Windows 8 Consumer Preview is presented, just for application development.

You do not confuse RT (ARM) and Win 8 (x86). There was no CP for ARM, Microsoft was officially talking about this, because even then there were no devices for it, and each tablet should be developed individually for Win RT. Therefore, it was only the version for x86, and everything was tested on the Samsung Slate, being at the beginning an untitled reference device.
Andy yolker
Message#13
19.06.12, 21:18
Local
[offline]

Messages 177
Check in: 27.09.09
Dell Axim X51v

I think investing money in such a project, Microsoft thinks about it, and the Win 8 application store has already been created, it works, the developers have been filling it with half a year with applications, the largest companies developing applications were presented with Windows 8 Consumer Preview just in winter for application development.

Yeah, only in this tablet there is no Win 8.
madee
Message#14
19.06.12, 21:34
Local
[offline]

Messages 369
Check in: 13.03.12
Oneplus 6 8GB RAM

And what is its essence if it is similar on x86? live longer?

--------------------
For common sense
Jester31101
Message#15
19.06.12, 21:37
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 567
Google Pixel 2 XL

It is thinner, lighter, cheaper, well, it should live longer.
madee
Message#16
19.06.12, 21:46
Local
[offline]

Messages 369
Oneplus 6 8GB RAM

Hmm, for me personally, "thinner" is not an argument at all, and "easier" if it weighs less than a kilogram it is quite possible to use. That's cheaper and living longer is yes, important. Although, if they are equally from one charge to live and x86 will be somewhat more expensive, I will definitely choose it.

Posted on 06/19/2012, 9:46 PM:

Yes, on Win 8 Pro will weigh (pre) 903gr. and a thickness of 13.5 mm. Quite normal.

I am most pleased with the office and the keyboard in the cover.

RT version, I feel for a long time will be selected from the embryonic state.

--------------------
For common sense
Sidik08
Message#17
19.06.12, 21:47
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 11
Check in: 23.08.09
Nokia N79

In fact, the lack of applications, games and other things will be felt, but only for the first 6 months, then if the tablet "will live" no one will remember about it (it was with the same Android, but what now?). In general, I will note a good design, elaboration and details (the same keyboard is included) and the development perspective. In my opinion, this is a worthy alternative to pads. I wonder one estimated price of about 500 bucks: P (about 15k), and at what price it will reach us: thank_you :?
Jester31101
Message#18
19.06.12, 21:55
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 567
Google Pixel 2 XL

Sidik08 @ 06/19/2012, 10:47 PM*
but only the first 6 months

I say that the first months, this is the problem at the start. And in half a year, it will already be possible to sum up the development and evaluate whether it is necessary. In addition, there will already be new devices to announce, on more productive chips, which is important, because Acer refused to release tablets on the ARM precisely because of the insufficient speed of the current chips.

Posted on 06/19/2012, 21:55:

Sidik08 @ 06/19/2012, 10:47 PM*
price is about 500 bucks

Most likely 499 will be, like the starting price of the iPad. Although it can and 599 will do, with this mark iPad 32Gb starts.
Sidik08
Message#19
19.06.12, 22:07
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 11
Check in: 23.08.09
Nokia N79

In general, according to the information available, "The devices will be sold in Microsoft retail stores in the US and online," i.e. more or less official deliveries will have to wait for the beginning of the next. of the year. And now let's look at the pad (new), but the starting price for the minimum 499, but we now have an average of 25k rubles, and this is not enough! : sorry:
madee
Message#20
19.06.12, 22:57
Local
[offline]

Messages 369
Oneplus 6 8GB RAM

Can be ordered by mail.

--------------------
For common sense
Fandis
Message#21
20.06.12, 09:07
User
[offline]

Messages 55
Check in: 16.05.12

vertyogo @ 06/19/2012, 17:05*
Fandis,

Comrade, do you need a Windows or a pad on it?

Pad on it, of course. T-shirts offer nothing new; they come to an already formed market with an axis that has never been distinguished by flawless performance and quality.
The desktop version justifies its existence with software, low entry threshold (compared to Linux, for example) and the ability to install on different computers (compared to OS X). She does not have any of these advantages in the mobile device market, therefore, IMHO, her fate awaits the same as WP.

208 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/25/19 16:34