3 pagesV  1 2 3 > »  

> Choosing a BlackBerry is dedicated ...
dushkin_alex
Message#1
14.06.12, 20:12
really
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 901
Check in: 04.01.12
Apple iPhone 5s

We thank Sharky with BlackBerrys.ru for providing the material and fellps for negotiations with the distinguished Sharky.

As an introduction

So, you are tired of the phones like everyone else, or something has become lacking in your current smartphone, or you just decided to check what kind of animal it is - BlackBerry. If you have not yet bought and are reading this opus, then you have every chance to either save money or be completely sure that you made the right choice. Both that and other result will be, if not strange, correct.

And it is necessary from the very beginning to understand that the BlackBerry is not a smartphone in the usual sense, but a terminal for accessing BIS / BES services (which will be discussed below) + a telephone. It will only work as stated by the manufacturer, and no more!

Decide what you want

Take a piece of paper or open notepad and break the sheet into two parts. Write to the left what you like on your phone, on the right what you don’t like and want to have. Have written? Wonderful!

Now, in front of each position, prioritize. This is important, it is not very, and it would just be desirable, but not fatal. The same thing in the “bad” column is just inconveniently done, it is not there at all, and this is absolutely the left thing, which is not the place for a smartphone.

Most likely, when you set priorities, a number of positions will move from the right to the left column or vice versa. This is normal, because the first step was spontaneous, your vision is “blurred” by advertising, stamps and hamsterism (collecting everything your hands reach). But the second step made you think - is it all so important to me?

Put the sheet to the side and walk, leave it until the next day. It's time to start the third step. We take and begin to arrange in a different color the frequency of the planned use of a particular function, if possible, scrolling in your head, HOW YOU WILL DO IT AND AS FREQUENTLY. You can even pick up your current phone and present it most vividly. The result will surprise you - it turns out that you will use the power of five to seven functions. The rest will be from idleness when free time appears.

Here you go. Your head has become a little cleaner, your thoughts are clearer - what, why and how important is it for you. That is, what really represents real value.

Paradox

I am more than sure that words like “email” and “organizer management” did not appear in either the left or right column. Funny, yes? You did not even think about it and did not consider it a useful or necessary function in the phone. I think that such words as “convenience of input”, “cross-integration of functions”, “diversity of notifications” will appear far from everyone, if not among the most experienced ones. (retreat - if you have such words yet appeared, then you will most likely buy explosives)

But you are thinking about buying a phone EXACTLY WITH THESE FUNCTIONS. Although most originally wanted an iPhone / Android / Nokia, but with a BlackBerry badge. It is this discrepancy to the desired goal of the selected device and generates a huge pile of primary claims. It doesn’t matter that before that you’ve already gotten a callus on the tongue about the need to connect BlackBerry’s branded services, about the fact that it’s a very convenient mail, about the sound quality, the quality of the keyboard ... sometime / not really wanted to. "

The paradox is that these functions will become your main ones, and over time it will be difficult for you to imagine your life without them. Of course, if you still choose BlackBerry. What I strongly and strongly doubt for the majority of readers, because below I will begin to cut the truth of the uterus, cruel and bloody (oh, how!)

"Enemy" need to know in person

The main mistake of all novice drivers, leading to the first accident, is the constant desire to think for another. How many times have I heard from a sad driver inspecting the front bumper of his car and the rear stranger - "but I thought he would drive in a circle, and he did not go ...". Do not think out anything. You must clearly know everything about the subject of your choice.

1. BlackBerry without connecting branded plans is just an expensive, high-quality TELEPHONE (from the word to call). Calls, SMS, organizer. Excellent sound quality, ease of working with the organizer, notifications, which can not boast of any of the current devices on the market. EVERYTHING! Take it as a fact. Attempting to force him to do something else (go online, download mail, start ICQ) will not give any quality result, but will only give rise to some frustration. But if you need a stylish phone, with good sound and the price does not scare you - this is your choice.

Multimedia will be a bonus. Let's say the same podcasts and audiobooks. Useless camera, but it is. Don't bet on it. Do not think out!

Yes, and also to write calls in the background this device is not able and will not learn.

Remember, at the very beginning, I suggested that you fill out a leaf? Check your priorities.

2. You have connected BIS. What will it give you? E-mail, social networks, instant messengers of all stripes (text !!!), browser, news feeds, exchange rates, weather, podcasts, online navigation in Europe / America, maps. EVERYTHING. Point. And again - do not think out anything (for example, about VoIP and voice Skype). It is what it is. The rest, if it will be - a bonus that you did not count on.

3. You have connected BES and in your company / you personally have a BES server. This is full power. Combine items 1 and 2. Now we’ll add: access to the intranet, synchronization of calendars, contacts, tasks, notes with your server, the ability to do a lot of things with your phone remotely from the BES server (I will not write if this option is interesting - you will find information on BES server).

Everything. Everything. And once again - EVERYTHING! Do not count on the rest. The only thing you should read before moving on with a puzzled face and the question on it "yes it is any phone can" refer to this article:

http://www.blackberrys.ru/forum/topic/8358/

... and you will understand that no telephone can work this way EXACTLY so on the Internet and even for such ridiculous money.

Forget everything you knew before

BlackBerry is a very unusual phone. With a stern disposition, asceticism and absolute dissimilarity to everything else. Drop your ideas about how the device MUST be, which are not really YOUR, but driven into your head by other companies, or based on your previous experience.

Accept one more statement, as a fact - functions, UI were not made as if from a ceiling. Everything has a certain meaning and a developed model of behavior. Try to penetrate into the logic of this device and life will become "raspberry melting in your mouth" ©. But the more you try to impose someone else’s style of work on this device, the more you will have discomfort from the fact that he cannot do something. It is better to take the time to understand it.

I will help you, I will give starting points:

+ BlackBerry is primarily text, a lot of text, text for any reason. Not a voice, not a photo, but a text. Your main means of communication will be e-mail, social networks and instant messenger.
+ BlackBerry is an organizer that is really possible to lead. Do not be lazy and read the documentation. The seeming simplicity hides the most convenient functions, without which then it is difficult to live.
+ Even the style of behavior will require a slightly different one. You begin to take seriously the workflow and storage of any information. The phrases "well, I will write all this to you in a letter" or "I understood everything, but write me a letter better" will begin to enter your life as soon as you realize that it is more productive to work this way.
+ You will change your view on the former "value" of SMS and will increasingly pay attention to e-mail

This is not a means of entertainment. This is a serious tool for the job. Start with this.

The only disadvantage of this tool is the absence of __ VoIP telephony. Surrogates are available, but it can be said that they are not.

Are you still here ?!

I tried so hard to dissuade you from mindless purchase, and are you still reading ?! Good. I will call you briefly pros and cons, and you will reconsider the leaflet that you filled out at the beginning and then you will make a decision.

PROS:

+ Great phone. The quality of reception / transmission of sound and signal reception.
+ Excellent speakerphone. You want a conference, you want in a car without a headset ... The best there is.
+ High speed UI. Get used to it and other devices will seem like wild brakes to you.
+ Unique networking mechanism (BIS / BES)
+ The best organizer on the market
+ Work with mail (up to 10 boxes on the device, with tricks can be obtained more)
+ Notification systems such that you will not find on any smartphone
+ All applications are interconnected whenever possible, including third-party applications.
+ Excellent, if not the best screens for smartphones of its class (I'm talking about top models)
+ Keyboard ... extremely convenient for working with text
+ Always online mode for applications using BIS / BES connection

MINUSES:

+ For normal work in the Internet it is necessary to connect BIS / BES
+ No navigation in the Russian Federation
+ No VoIP (consider that there is not, because what is - not functional)
+ There is no voice Skype (consider that there is not, because how to speak in the "radio" mode - yesterday's century)
+ No call recording
+ BIS / BES Internet can not be used except on the smartphone. Connect the laptop will not succeed
+ Third-party software in Russian is virtually absent (all from Russian in RIM)
+ Yandex.cards do not work via BIS / BES
+ The most delicious (PIM synchronization with MS Exchange, intranet access) only for BES users.

Summary

+ Do not think out better find out "there is no"
+ Something will have to sacrifice, but to get something in return. Evaluate in advance.
+ (crazy, but true) There is a desire to change your life, to become more organized - take a chance, and try. I manage it.

If my article has helped you not to buy explosives, but to make a choice in favor of another apparatus is good! You have not spent your time, nerves and money.

And if you are entrenched in this desire, then ... also good! You are now doing it consciously, not spontaneously. So you are ready to try something new. And if it still “rolls” to you, then I will also be just glad.

Post has been editedjunoreaktor - 24.08.15, 13:28
Dima-84
Message#2
15.07.12, 16:27
Local
[offline]

Messages 111
Check in: 14.01.12
Blackberry playbook

obone,
It is a pity that the new OS is late. Due to economic problems, ROME cannot fully develop .... Indeed, because of such trifles as a mail client and a calendar at the start of sales, the tablet was a failure, ROME wanted to stick five fingers into his mouth with Bis thinking that people would buy a tablet and their phones, he himself is good, he was not appreciated ...
At the expense of phones, they are nothing, but the quality, yes social services ... And all this can be downloaded from the market of any OS, they have weak iron, and the prices are high! Not the right policy, they are not epl! This eplu all get away with it!

Post has been editedDima-84 - 15.07.12, 16:28
dred78
Message#3
15.07.12, 18:56
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 3310
Check in: 20.02.10
Apple iPhone XR

Dima-84,look at the characteristics of models of phones in 2011, 9900, 9810, 9680, 9790 and so on. What is their iron is weak? Same as other manufacturers a year ago. Are there few programs? but Blackberry OS, an elaborate OS in it already has those functions that other manufacturers add only third-party applications. Yes, for blackberry there are few applications in the store, but all are of high quality, there is no such abundance of buggy progs as on android, you do not need to modify the file, put it and use it right away. I agree a little, but the Blackberry platform was not intended for children. For me, there are only two obvious disadvantages for Blackberry, the lack of Skype and the lack of offline navigation programs. Regarding prices, if our officials take them, then yes prices are not adequate, but in online stores or abroad it is quite possible to buy a phone at an affordable price.

--------------------
iPhone XR, iPhone X
obone
Message#4
15.07.12, 19:42
Local
[offline]

Messages 277
Check in: 13.03.12
Blackberry playbook

Dima-84I will add a littledred78. I support his statement at the expense of smartphones.

I do not think that these problems are purely economic. They throw money for development normally. Their “losses” right now are not least the development costs, developer support (for example, the distribution of BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha) and advertising (including the BlackBerry 10 Jam tour). But here, as in our sport, you throw money, but there can be little confusion. It takes time. The problem is more likely that RIM could not be rebuilt immediately. This restructuring is going on now. Similarly with the PlayBook. On the one hand, it had to be released to the market in order to have time to jump into the departing train. On the other hand, they incorrectly positioned him. In general, for RIM, the main thing is smartphones and services for them. The fact that our users have little knowledge of the BlackBerry brand and do not use services, problems of our users and our country.

They are not Apple, but right now. Not so long ago, they just got away with it. :) In the west, they know the BlackBerry brand very well.

--------------------
Developer, QNX RTOS, BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook
St.Petersburg BlackBerry Dev. Group
Dima-84
Message#5
17.07.12, 13:11
Local
[offline]

Messages 111
Blackberry playbook

obone,
I agree, the brand is popular, even Obama used and advertised it. But not the right marketing, the lack of flagship models (with a powerful percent, a good 8 megapixel camera like the SGS3 or htc sensation), and ignoring the fashion for touch-free touchscreen screens, all this is what is happening in the company. They all come out late in 1 year. But I want to buy a bolt 9900, I want to use it. Or wait for their "London" touch! Are their phones still considered secure? Those. Nobody can overhear you?

Post has been editedDima-84 - 17.07.12, 13:13
zaharovsp
Message#6
17.07.12, 13:27
Old resident
[online]

Messages 1250
Check in: 18.12.08
Blackberry passport

Dima-84 @ 07.07.2012, 14:11*
Are their phones still considered secure? Those. Nobody can overhear you?

It is also interesting .. security is provided only if the services of BIS BES are connected, or is it embedded in the software of the smartphone itself?

--------------------
Laziness is a psychosomatic sign of the operability of the mechanism for the intuitive recognition of the meaninglessness of the task being performed.
dred78
Message#7
17.07.12, 18:01
[offline]

Messages 3310
Apple iPhone XR

zaharovspboth there and there, only data transmission is encrypted, and voice calls are not encrypted, and yes, the cipher needs a connected bis

And for the future, colleagues, if you have questions by phone, ask in the topics about phones

Post has been editeddred78 - 17.07.12, 18:03

--------------------
iPhone XR, iPhone X
obone
Message#8
17.07.12, 20:06
Local
[offline]

Messages 277
Blackberry playbook

Dima-84,The “powerful processor” and “8-megapixel camera” are cheap marketing for consumers with a development level below average. I do not want to offend anyone, but it is. I do not know how many 9790 megapixels on my, what kind of processor is there, just too lazy to find out. All the software I need works without brakes, the quality of the photos is excellent for the phone. And, for example, an increase in the number of megapixels does not improve the quality of the picture, we also need at least high-quality optics, which, in terms of size and weight, by no means fit into a mobile device.

As for the buttonless touch devices, this is very controversial. First, the BlackBerry had interesting models 9500/9530 (Storm) and 9520/9550 (Storm 2), there are 9380, there are 9800 and 9810, there are 9850/9860. Secondly, users often want to see hardware buttons at least to receive and reject a call, turn on / off, etc. For example, the same notorious iPhone does everything through one button. And when the PlayBook came out, I saw a lot of people who wanted to purchase a hardware keyboard for it; There were a lot of satisfied users when the official BlackBerry PlayBook keyboard came out.

A person who thinks that he cannot be overheard, especially when talking on a mobile phone, to put it mildly, is far from reality. No offense.

I understand that all this is offtopic. If the moderators will post messages to a more appropriate topic, it would be great. Or you can simply delete.

--------------------
Dima-84
Message#9
18.07.12, 22:39
Local
[offline]

Messages 111
Blackberry playbook

obone,
obone @ 07/17/2012, 11:06*
The “powerful processor” and “8-megapixel camera” are cheap marketing for consumers with a development level below average.

obone @ 07/17/2012, 11:06*
A person who thinks that he cannot be overheard, especially when talking on a mobile phone, to put it mildly, is far from reality.

Several billion people who want to have powerful phones, a good camera does not even have a medium development? I think the development of this technology will go this way by increasing the process and the quality of the camera. Perhaps my development is below average ...))) but I do not agree with you, this is not cheap marketing, this is the right direction. (IMHO)
I am a person who uses technology as an amateur because of his profession ... I can’t know a lot of things, be far from reality, but I heard that this phone (Blackberry) encrypts data, so I wondered about voice encryption! And such technologies exist, I advise you to google a respected comrade, not far from reality !! You have similar traits with APPLE PHILOS! I did not want to offend you!

Post has been editedDima-84 - 18.07.12, 22:40
obone
Message#10
18.07.12, 23:05
Local
[offline]

Messages 277
Blackberry playbook

Dima-84,I just wanted to point out that quantitative characteristics do not necessarily translate into qualitative ones. Marketing is precisely the quantitative characteristics: "powerful processor" and "8-megapixel camera." Perhaps you can round out.

--------------------
dred78
Message#11
18.07.12, 23:30
[offline]

Messages 3310
Apple iPhone XR

Dear users, further in the subject write your arguments in a neutral tone, without affecting the personal qualities of the interlocutor.

Post has been editeddred78 - 18.07.12, 23:39

--------------------
iPhone XR, iPhone X
dred78
Message#12
18.07.12, 23:38
[offline]

Messages 3310
Apple iPhone XR

Personally, I also hold the opinion that phones at this stage of development do not need powerful processors, I think manufacturers need to stop at 1000 MHz, because then problems begin to increase, the size of devices grows, in a small package it’s actually impossible to implement an efficient cooling system, then due to large the size of the devices increases the cost and, most importantly, with a powerful iron, the mobile equipment ceases to be such, the battery with the best scenario lives one working day, and then the mobile device connects to the network and becomes stationary.
As a result, the glory of God that Rome has its own good operating system, which does not need excessive compensation for errors for programmers in the form of extra megahertz. It is good that ROME has its own niche in the market of users for whom toys and decorators are not important, their target consumer needs a quality communication tool, a working tool. Due to this, Rome can take the path of using balanced solutions in its products, moderate modern hardware controlled by its own time-tested and operating system modernized in the spirit of time.
By the way, Apple and Nokia with Windows also do not particularly strive to use in their devices the characteristics of iron in the style of android, because they also have their own wasps and they do not make devices for the sake of iron, they make devices for the sake of wasps. Only assemblies without their own wasps are chasing iron, wasps for them is secondary, the main income is iron.

--------------------
iPhone XR, iPhone X
Glassss
Message#13
21.08.12, 22:23
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 3
Check in: 29.07.09
BlackBerry Torch 9800

Sorry of course, judging by myself. I used android smartphones, there is a working android tablet (Novo 7 mars, it is enough). But still I bought myself sticking out for 7 kilorubles and not a bit sorry. He uncovers my needs entirely.
Namely:
1) Playing movies, videos, etc. and etc. (I’m still converting, I don’t see any reason to fill in the memory with 1.2 GB movies, when you can record the same movie, but already 500 MB)
2) A good camera, video of sufficient quality (not 8-12 megapixel, but for a fun company and take some documents enough)
3) Music player (sings qualitatively, except that the high frequencies are slightly overestimated, but for this there is an equalizer)
4) The most convenient surfing the Internet (optical joystick decides)
5) Quality communication
6) Mail
7) Keyboard
8) In the hand lies like a glove, does not slip

You can continue the list for a long time.

As you can see in the games I do not play.

--------------------
Raensul
Message#14
28.08.12, 17:01
-
[offline]

Messages 577
Check in: 23.02.09
Apple iPhone 7

Glassss @ 08.21.2012, 22:23*
6) Mail

With BIS? or still through zhprs ??
I wanted a BB, but after reading the branch I turned it off ... I use my mail quite often, I read news feeds, surf the Internet with my wired and even on VinMob 6.5. It turned out that BB would not be able to give me this without an LSI. And connect the LSI - I'm not ready ... But I really wanted bodies with QWERTY, and after all there is no equal to BB.
dred78
Message#15
28.08.12, 22:13
[offline]

Messages 3310
Apple iPhone XR

Raensul,I do not understand what you have found wrong with the encore, this is unlimited Internet throughout Russia, with no speed limit on traffic, that is, the speed in it is always high. But the usual unlimited Internet operator is a fiction, but you will not pay for traffic, but after a certain threshold of downloaded information, the speed is limited to no more than 64 kb, it is asked and why you need such unlimited. I'd rather pay 100-150 p. but I will feel comfortable.

--------------------
iPhone XR, iPhone X
Raensul
Message#16
28.08.12, 23:07
-
[offline]

Messages 577
Apple iPhone 7

dred78,
Yes, I understand, but I just count the numbers. I live in Ukraine, Bis only supports MTS, it costs 25u.e / month. Plus, of course, telephone conversations. this is, say, 10u.e / mo. total 35u.e. / month.
Now I use only about 50MB of traffic per month. With telephone conversations, this costs me about 7-8 u. / Month.
It is for the reason that I use too little traffic, I consider connecting to no-limit irrational ....

Although it is very likely that if I still acquired the BB and connected the LSI, then I would spend the traffic to the fullest in order to fully enjoy the work of the blackberry and use the maximum functionality. After all, if I can receive full-fledged letters with attachments up to 5MB - this is great, you cannot but use it.
dred78
Message#17
28.08.12, 23:23
[offline]

Messages 3310
Apple iPhone XR

Raensul,Not humane prices, I have 350 rubles in Moscow, and there is also a discount as an old customer.

--------------------
iPhone XR, iPhone X
Raensul
Message#18
28.08.12, 23:43
-
[offline]

Messages 577
Apple iPhone 7

dred78,
Here I am, if we had your prices - I wouldn't even think about it :)

Post has been editedRaensul - 28.08.12, 23:44
Glassss
Message#19
29.08.12, 20:57
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 3
Check in: 29.07.09
BlackBerry Torch 9800

Well, why, so soon. Fast mail can be run on gprs-3g, google mail and equivalents (I don’t remember, but on a forum like even someone wrote about life without bis).

--------------------
Raensul
Message#20
01.09.12, 08:22
-
[offline]

Messages 577
Apple iPhone 7

I called our MTS (I remind you that only it provides BIS in Ukraine), the operator confirmed that yes, they really support this service, and BES too. But to my question of the type: “Well, with BIS, the speed of the Internet will be much higher?” - he answered that nothing of the kind, the same zhprs-channel is used, because the speed is about 64kbit / s. And in general, 3G on the phone - MTS does not provide, like all our other operators - the frequencies belong to the military. So I think - is it really worth it to buy a BB, because it turns out that without 3G it will still give the same slow speed of the transmission line, i.e. like a bird with a clipped wing.

Post has been editedRaensul - 01.09.12, 12:33
sarus @ 78
Message#21
19.10.12, 15:24
Local
[offline]

Messages 101
Check in: 01.01.12

+ BIS / BES Internet can not be used except on the smartphone. Connect the laptop will not succeed

+ Yandex.cards do not work via BIS / BES

Can you fix it ?, it will be possible to connect the laptop via BB Desktop, and Yandex cards work fine via BIS (Beeline) at least..dex and other Yandex services too. And the phone is really cool :)

--------------------
Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE Orange

3 pagesV  1 2 3 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/29/19, 23:09