28 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Jailbreak Pros and Cons | vote and leave comments
Voting
Is there a jailbreak on your device?
Yes (or will be soon) [ 7103 ] ** [77,94%]
No, and I will not bet [ 2009 ] ** [22,04%]
Would you use jail if hacked applications disappear from it?
Yes [ 3213 ] ** [35,25%]
Not [ 5183 ] ** [56,87%]
Total votes: 9114

Frost_Imp
Message#1
04.06.12, 09:39
moderately kind
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 3043
Check in: 03.04.08
Apple iPhone 7 Plus

Jailbreak Pros and Cons

Vote and leave comments

Comrades, in some topics, holivars periodically appear on the subject of "jail or not." It would be interesting to see the statistics on the regulars and newcomers of the forum on hacking their devices.
I'll start with myself: on the first iPad there was a DJ, in fact for the sake of one goal - free games. Now (new iPad) discovered AppZapp, taught myself to shopping - I see no reason to make a jail.

Participate in other surveys:

Post has been editedAlpha dog - 02.03.14, 20:43
Reason for editing: adjusted cap
AAAlionnn
Message#2
04.06.12, 10:57
Local
[offline]

Messages 216
Check in: 12.02.10
Apple iPhone 6s Plus

It is also very interesting to look at the statistics. Jail did not install it on her new iPad, for various reasons. Firstly, until the Jail was used to get free applications for shares, I liked to be updated immediately through the Apple Store, and not to go for it.savagemessiahzine.comTo see if the hacked application was posted with the new version, to download it and install it, losing the save (if these are games). Another reason was the rumor of the release of ios 6 in June, decided to wait for it. I used to have an ipad 1 and there was a jail for us, a big plus of the jail of course is the ability to install tweaks, but since ios 6 will be released very soon, I don’t feel like jail.

--------------------
Sony Ericsson W300i ->Toshiba Portege G900 ->HTC wildfire s ->Samsung galaxy Nexus ->Lg nexus ->Galaxy Note 5 ->Iphone 6s plus
orangegrey
Message#3
04.06.12, 11:03
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 25
Check in: 13.09.11
Apple iPhone 4

Only the first iPhone (iphone 2g), bought in the states due to the lack of support in Russia, was the first one. Now neither on the iPad nor on the iPhone there is a Jail.
The number of jailbroken devices does not exceed 10% of the total mass of users (figures for the summer of 11 years). And this figure is gradually fading away: A banal increase in the number of users of devices. It is clear that here is a forum of users and advanced users of iDevays. It is clear that some users, adherents of the Jail will remain (for one reason or another, for example, in Sidia there are interesting programs that will never be in the appstore). But. You can just look around, for example, in a restaurant, at the owners of nearby iPhones. What do you think, what associations will the blonde have with an iPhone? will happen in some kind of repository), etc.? This is unrealistic and inconvenient for the vast majority of users. And such blondes-users in the figurative sense, the majority. Epl ideology - convenience. For an ordinary user all have long decided. Installing the program with a single click to buy / download. Changing, changing the mentality of users. Sloth overpowers greed. After a couple of years, the next generation will not know what the word torrents are (synonyms, where you can download ipa, you can pick it up yourself).
IZERLI87
Message#4
04.06.12, 11:16
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 13
Check in: 27.05.12

Orangegrey @ 06/04/2012, 14:03*
After a couple of years, the next generation will not know what the word torrents are (synonyms, where you can download ipa, you can pick it up yourself).

Everything goes completely to the next. The next generation will not know at all what it means to buy an application / music / movie, because everyone will score for it because of just free trackers and similar repositories. It is enough to remember the history with the disks. Just a couple of years ago They were bought, and now they go to the store only then, in order to swing a new one. It makes no sense to pay for something that you can get for free.

--------------------
samsung x100 =>samsung c210 =>siemens cx70 =>sonyericsson k750 =>sonyericsson k320 =>sonyericsson k790 =>nokia 5800 =>nokia n93i =>LG p970 + nokia n70 =>Fly iq451 =>Alcatel idol mini =>Iphone 4s
orangegrey
Message#5
04.06.12, 11:31
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 25
Apple iPhone 4

IZERLI87 @ 06/04/2012, 12:16*
Everything goes completely to the next. The next generation will not know at all what it means to buy an application / music / movie, because everyone will score for it because of just free trackers and similar repositories. It is enough to remember the history with the disks. Just a couple of years ago They were bought, and now they go to the store only then, in order to swing a new one. It makes no sense to pay for something that you can get for free.

All right This is the standard of such an open mp3. But Apple just created its own standard for programs. He made CONVENIENT devices and made CONVENIENT their use. And people pay for it. For simplicity. For what they thought and offered the best solutions. And now even in Russia, users buy. Sales from Russian Appstore grow. Grow strongly.

Once again. Here gathered people who are interested in programs, devices, equipment. It is interesting for them (us) to figure out, dig deeper, what Jale is and what they eat with. Yes, you look at it from the side- how many operations you need to do, to kill time in order to install an ipa-file on your phone. But for the main mass it is very, very difficult and incomprehensible. There is such a joke about the ideal computer for most users - a computer with 3 buttons - ON, OFF and VKontakte. Everything. This is the ultimate dream. So, Apple creates devices with 3 buttons and the same simple control over them. And people are willing to pay for the convenience of pressing one button. And, by the way, it is not so much comparable to a single trip on land transport in the city.
Frost_Imp
Message#6
04.06.12, 11:49
moderately kind
[offline]

Messages 3043
Apple iPhone 7 Plus

orangegrey, comparison with the blonde, IMHO, is quite justified. She is onsavagemessiahzine.comdoes not go. At the same time, there are a number of people (we look at the survey) who know what a jail is and, despite this, they don’t put it on. Here the question is not in the paucity of mind: happy:
P.S. Interesting opinions, thank you.

--------------------
iPad 3 4G 64 GbiOS 8.1 jail
orangegrey
Message#7
04.06.12, 12:19
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 25
Apple iPhone 4

We must also make a retreat to the side. Some time ago, I put a fellow Jail for only one reason. He needed a program that captures video from an iPhone. In appstore such programs outside the law. I had to turn to sidium, I found a video recorder in it (for $ 5, by the way). And for this I had to put jail ...
Griffka
Message#8
04.06.12, 12:27
Non-honorary "honorary."
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 6878
Check in: 25.07.08
Barnes & Noble NOOK HD +

M
The topic is moved to the section "Apple - devices>Personal experience".

Partly discussion and statistics of this kind are here -Do you buy software in the App Store?
Frost_Imp
Message#9
04.06.12, 15:37
moderately kind
[offline]

Messages 3043
Apple iPhone 7 Plus

Very informativefastfrom the topic indicatedGriffka. Forgive me, its author for the repost.

--------------------
KrasH
Message#10
05.06.12, 17:15
Local
[offline]

Messages 150
Check in: 19.09.10
Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000

Firstly.
I have a recent iPad, and I did not plan to install the Jail (at the time of the order and did not have it)
But when I went and took the device (24 days, rather quickly, from CU), I found out that exactly yesterday absinthe was released.
Well, at first I didn’t want to upgrade to 5.1.1 - I was afraid of problems with the charge. But after a couple of hours, I got used to the pad a little, updated it with tuna and made a jail (everything went smoothly), saved shsh
In principle, the main convenience is broken ipa, but for the same Plants vs Zombies I don’t mind paying, I even need it.
Well, still pleased with tweaks like safari download manager / sbsettings / ncsettings
But again, without them, the tablet does not lose its advantages.
Yesterday I got rid of RetinaPad (do not put this tweak on a new pad! And if you installed it, do not delete it!), I had to restore the device, it was thought to abandon the Jail, but could not = (I did it again on a clean axis
I'm waiting for iOS 6 to abandon the Jail and become an honest user)
Well, androyd affects - I got used to the custom that was routinely (specifically CyanogenMod)
Conclusion: the jail thing is pleasant, but not mandatory, without it the tablet does not get any worse.
And about the girls and the Jail - the friend's sister herself makes the Jail / raises her 4s and laughs at her fellow students with the same but without the Jail (WJLH and what is this?)
Thank you for your attention, I hope my opinion will be useful to someone.

--------------------
Apple iPad 32GB + 4G
Samsung Galaxy S (CyanogenMod) & Sony Ericsson C510 (R1FA035 Pure)
Samsung X100 (patched) ->Sony Ericsson K750 (patched) ->Sony Ericsson W660 (patched) ->Sony Ericsson P1 (UIQ Hack) ->Sony Ericsson C510 (Pure) ->Samsung Galaxy S (Root)
amelmgn
Message#11
06.06.12, 10:33
User
[offline]

Messages 57
Check in: 27.07.10
Google nexus 4

Your own personal experience.

When I bought iPod Touch 4 in December 2010, I began to delve into the ideology of Apple devices on iOS, there were 2 ways: either to install the Jail or use the official AppStor. I chose the legal option for the first time, since everything in the player was fine for me, tweaks were not really needed, and the Store had enough free programs. I got myself a virtual credit card for 99 rubles / year in Alfabank, and started to buy applications for a dollar or two on trifles. Later curiosity overpowered, I still set the Jail, deciding to look at it all. And somehow I didn’t find any sense in jailbreaking. Well, yes, tweaks, adding new features. But it is too dreary. New firmwares are coming out, programs are being updated, there are problems with this on a broken device, something needs to be downloaded somewhere, somehow thrown away, if under warranty there is a need to change it back. Therefore, with the release of the new iOs 5 (it seems), it has returned to life without a jail. On the new iPad, even the thought does not arise something to break.

In general, the idea arose that it was not in the price of applications. Many just too lazy to go and make a virtual card for shopping on the Internet. Or not laziness, but some other circumstances. But not financial. some, again, they drop so much cigarettes per day that iWork can be bought every day.
Frost_Imp
Message#12
06.06.12, 12:57
moderately kind
[offline]

Messages 3043
Apple iPhone 7 Plus

The most interesting thing is that the people who use the device with the jail do not unsubscribe. Do not see the point in this? : happy:
Sorry, I do not want to start another holivar. I really want the opinions of these people

--------------------
SDTSer
Message#13
06.06.12, 14:21
Novice
[offline]

Messages 48
Check in: 27.09.11

Frost_Imp,
Yeah. Here I have a dilemma to do DJil or not. I am not going to pay, and never will be} -) For this is evil) you want and I do not care for the opinion of other people who say pay, because they are offended and will not release any applications ... Brad IMHO. Anyway. To the topic of DJil, all my friends say that after the DJ OS starts to fail. Reading reviews about dzheile with absinthe write that the new pad does not work wifi and the battery sits faster ... Whether I think to do or not

Post has been editedSDTSer - 06.06.12, 14:22
PILOT48
Message#14
06.06.12, 14:44
Local
[offline]

Messages 314
Check in: 05.04.10

Made a jail, all for the sake of curiosity. My first apple device iPad. It was interesting what and how, but interest quickly disappeared due to the unsuitable tweaks for the new ipad. At the moment, everything is limited to installing "free" applications.

With the release of the new version of iOS, I will try to lose the jailbreak.

For me, the pros: ifile, installing broken applications,
cons: subjectively increased battery consumption
orangegrey
Message#15
06.06.12, 15:49
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 25
Apple iPhone 4

Frost_Imp @ 06/06/2012, 13:57*
The most interesting thing is that the people who use the device with the Jail do not unsubscribe .... I really want the opinions of these people

Probably no one wants to openly admit (here and not incognito) that YES, I have a Jail, because I, in principle, do NOT pay for the programs (the exception is the STDSer, which does him credit - he took and said). But everyone understands everything perfectly. And the most interesting thing is that no one will condemn. Moreover, judging by the voting, the Jail supporters read this topic more :)
scorpek
Message#16
06.06.12, 16:11
Local
[offline]

Messages 145
Check in: 20.11.10

Here I sit, read and think whether it is worth doing or not, on the one hand, it seems you can use a great functional, on the other hand, how do you read these moans of those who set various glitches and
right in my head, mind you

Post has been editedscorpek - 06.06.12, 16:12
Ivan 2011
Message#17
06.06.12, 16:21
Guru
[offline]

Messages 2389
Check in: 26.02.11
Apple iPhone X

Scorpek @ 06/06/2012, 21:11*
Here I sit, read and think whether it is worth doing or not, on the one hand, it seems you can use a great functional, on the other hand, how do you read these moans of those who set about various glitches

Only you decide to bet or not. But I’ll say right away that there are glitches on a clean device without jailbreaking. And who do not have them just do not use the device.

I myself decided for a long time to put it or not, but when I put it, now I can't imagine how to use the device. It's not about the stolen software (everything is bought, but games are not needed for nothing), but in tweaks, which really, to some extent, increase the functionality.

--------------------
iPhone X (iOS 12.1.2 unc0ver) + AirPods & Macbook Air 11 (macOS 10.13.6 + Windows 8.1)
KrasH
Message#18
06.06.12, 16:53
Local
[offline]

Messages 150
Check in: 19.09.10
Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000

And what's the problem? Make a jail, did not like it (battery, glitches, lags) - flash it clean and you will no longer need to install it until you again want it

--------------------
Apple iPad 32GB + 4G
Samsung Galaxy S (CyanogenMod) & Sony Ericsson C510 (R1FA035 Pure)
Samsung X100 (patched) ->Sony Ericsson K750 (patched) ->Sony Ericsson W660 (patched) ->Sony Ericsson P1 (UIQ Hack) ->Sony Ericsson C510 (Pure) ->Samsung Galaxy S (Root)
sprintko
Message#19
06.06.12, 17:18
Local
[offline]

Messages 201
Check in: 15.10.10

Jayle put many times, but constantly demolished .. Previously put because of the hacked games and prog. Well, somewhere a year ago, maybe more. Began to buy everything. I tried after this again to install because of tweaks, etc. But lag after jail is not real. Safari so crashes, but with a jail again in 10 more often. Plus, sometimes not understandable glitches begin on purchased programs.

On the second pad, the safari took off 2 times a day (without the Jail), and with the Jail 20 times a day. And here I ask ... I need it ???
On the third pad, the Jail did not even try to install .. Although I want to play around with widgets, etc.

Post has been editedsprintko - 06.06.12, 17:19

--------------------
OnePlus 6 + iPhone Xs + MacBook Pro 2016 TB + Apple Watch s4 + AirPods
dmush
Message#20
07.06.12, 15:09
�
[offline]

Messages 1265
Check in: 28.06.06

Frost_Imp @ 06/04/2012, 10:39*
I'll start with myself: on the first iPad there was a DJ, in fact for the sake of one goal - free games. Now (new iPad) discovered AppZapp, taught myself to shopping - I see no reason to make a jail.
I made jail mainly for the sake of system tweaks from sidium, as for free shareware programs in appstore, it is very rare when there is exactly what you need. There are not so many really good and necessary programs, it is advisable to buy them to support the authors, but to quickly find and select these necessary programs, without paying for unnecessary junk during the search, the Jail is still necessary.

--------------------
LG v30 + 128Gb (H930DS) + Sandisk 400Gb, Sony XBA-N3 (custom eartips), Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (SM-P900), Finow Q3 +
myrainbow
Message#21
07.06.12, 15:52
Lord
[offline]

Messages 2819
Check in: 12.10.07
Apple iPhone 6s

Made jail mainly for systemic tweaks from sidium

and how did they surrender with this greed for energy?
On 4S, for example, the battery is barely alive.

quickly find and select these necessary programs, without paying for unnecessary junk during searches

there is little garbage in Sidia.
All this nonsense, the main engine of the jail is a freebie.
Ai are quite self-sufficient and without any tweaks. A boring interface is another matter.

In general, 3G jail, 3GS stopped, on 4S and forgot to think about tweaks.
I buy everything, so much easier.

28 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 02.05.19, 17:03