> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung SHV-E160L \ K \ S - Discussion | GALAXY Note, modification for Korea
Poll
What is the most stable firmware for E160L
KLJMK4 / Android 4.1.2 / SHV-E160L [ 13 ] ** [13,68%]
KLJMC1 / Android 4.1.x / SHV-E160L [ 2 ] ** [2,11%]
CyanogenMod 11 / Android 4.4.4 / SHV-E160L [ 45 ] ** [47,37%]
JBS4 JayRong / Android 4.2.2 / SHV-E160L [ 7 ] ** [7,37%]
Aroma McQueen 1.1 / Android 4.1.2 / SHV-E160L [ 1 ] ** [1,05%]
/ KIES / E160LKLJMB2_704944_REV02_user_low_ship [ 4 ] ** [4,21%]
/ KIES / E160LKLJMC1_1034927_REV02_user_low_ship [ 6 ] ** [6,32%]
McQueen_MB2_SMS / Android 4.1.2 [ 3 ] ** [3,16%]
E160LKLJMK1 / Android 4.1.2 [ 14 ] ** [14,74%]
Total votes: 95

Rep: (878)
DiscussionSamsung SHV-E160L \K \S
PictureSamsung GALAXY Note modification for Korea
Discussion пїЅ

• Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

useful links
Firmware

Odin 1.87 / 3.07 / 3.10 in Russian
Getting ROOT for SHV-E160L \K \S

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedMagnifikus - 31.03.17, 15:36
Reason for editing: Curator

Rep: (6)
In this topic we will focus on the Korean (and possibly American) modification of Samsung GALAXY Note.
The main difference from the Samsung GT-N7000 / GT-N7000B / GT-N7100 Galaxy Note versions is that it works
not on an Exynos 4210 processor, but on a Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8060 processor with a clock frequency of 1500 MHz.

Comparison of models can be viewed at the following link:

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer&a...69&id6=3290

Since being in Korea I became the proud owner of the SHV-E160L model, I’ll give its technical parameters below (the K and S models differ only in the presence or absence of additional radio modules). It should be noted that the SHV-E160L model from the entire Samsung GALAXY Note family possesses the widest variety of radio modules, the presence of an NFC chip (payment by electronic money over the air is not yet for the CIS), and the presence of a T-DMB tuner widespread in Korea, not used in the US, in Europe it is just starting up, in the CIS I think it will not be soon, you can read more in detail by clicking on the link:http://www.mobilevce.com/seminars_public/2...05_1-01_LG.pdf))
A photo
Attached Image
Model Description
Brand: Samsung
Manufacturer: Samsung Electronics
Release; Date: December, 2011
Physical_Attributes

Dimensions
(width x height x depth): 82.95 x 146.85 x 9.65 millimetres
3.3 x 5.8 x 0.4 inches
Bounding-Volume: 117.5 cubecentimetres
Mass: 183 grams (battery included)

Software; Environment
Embedded + Operating;
System: Google Android 2.3.7 Korean
Operating_System; Kernel: Linux

Microprocessor,: Chipset
CPU_Clock: 1500 MHz
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8060
Width: of + Machine_Word: 32 bit
CPU_Core: 2x Qualcomm Scorpion
Level_2; cache: 512 KiB
Instruction + Set: ARMv7

Memory, _Storage; capacity
RAM_type: LPDDR2 SDRAM
RAM; capacity: 1024 MiB
ROM-type: Flash EEPROM
ROM_capacity: 30518 MiB, including 26890MiB user-accessible non-volatile storage (there is also a 16GB version)
ROM-capacity-in-bytes: 32 GB (billion bytes)

Graphical + subsystem
Display: Type: color Super Active Matrix OLED display
Display: Color; Depth: 24 bit / pixel (16777216 scales)
Display + Diagonal: 5.3 "(134.62 millimetres)
Display-Resolution: 800 x 1280 (1024000 pixels)
Viewable: Display; Size: 2.81 "x 4.49" (71.35 x 114.16 millimetres)
Pixel_density + (dot_pitch): 284.8 pixel / inch (0.08919 millimetre / pixel)
Graphical-Controller: Qualcomm Adreno 220
Audio; Subsystem
Audio_Channel (s): stereo sound
Microphone (s): mono sound
Loudspeaker (s): mono sound
Audio: Output: 3.5mm plug

Cellular; Phone
Cellular_Networks: GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900
Cellular_Data + Links: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA +
Cellular; Antenna: Internal antenna
Call: alert: 64-chord melody (polyphonic)
Vibrating_alert: Supported
Speakerphone :: Supported
Secondary-Cellular; Phone
Dual; Cellular + Network: Operation: Parallel operation
Secondary + Cellular-Networks: CDMA1800 (BC4), LTE850 (B5)
Secondary-Cellular + Data-Links: cdmaOne, CDMA2000 1xRTT, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rel. 0, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rev A, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rev B, LTE
Secondary_Cellular: Antenna: Internal antenna

Expansion; Interfaces: microSD, microSDHC, TransFlash
Supports High Capacity (SD 2.0 / HC) memory cards with up to 32GB
USB: USB 3.0 host / client, Hi-Speed ​​(480Mbit / s), USB On-The-Go 1.3 compliant
USB Series Micro-B (Micro-USB) connector
Bluetooth_ (802.15): Bluetooth 3.0, Internal antenna
Wireless; LAN / Wi-Fi- (802.11): IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n
Digital: Media: Broadcast: T-DMB digital tuner (Pull-out antenna)

Satellite navigation
Built-in-GPS: module: Supported
GPS; Protocol: NMEA 0183
GPS Antenna: Internal antenna
Complementary_
GPS Services: Assisted GPS, Geotagging
Built-in + Digital-Camera
Sensor_Type: CMOS sensor
Resolution: 3264 x2448 pixels (7.99MP)
Autofocus_ (AF): Supported
Optical + Zoom: 1 x
Macro: Mode: Supported
Built-in_Flash: mobile light (LED)
Camcorder: 1920x1080 pixels, 30frame / sec
Recordable-Image_Formats: JPG
Recordable + Video + Formats: 3GP, 3G2, MPEG4
Built-in_Secondary: Digital + Camera
Sensor-Type: CMOS sensor
Resolution: 1600 x1200 pixels (1.92MP)
Camcorder: 0x0pixels
Recordable; Image-Formats: JPG
Recordable_Video_Formats: 3G2
Power + Supply
Battery + Technology: Lithium-ion battery
Battery; Build: removable
Battery + Capacity: 2500 mAh - Click here for stronger battery
Additional: Details
Built-in + accelerometer: Supported
Additional; Features:

capacitive touchscreen
Corning Gorilla Glass screen
built-in digital compass
Barometer
GPRS Class 12
EDGE Class 12
HSPA + 21Mbps
HSUPA 5.76Mbps
Samsung TouchWiz 4 UI
Soundalive
Touch focus
Panorama shot
Bluetooth stereo audio profile (A2DP
AVCRP)
Wi-Fi Direct

Related: Page:http://www.sktelecom.com/
Datasheet: State: Preliminary specifications
Datasheet + Views: 2852 times
Datasheet_Added: May 22, 12 22:45:35

The purpose of this topic is to sorrow as many owners of such devices as possible, and find a way to flash the device into a full-fledged Russian language. Personally, my device accepts any GSM operator, has the Russian version, but many widgets remain in Korean. The device unlock option will be presented later))

Also, the complexity of the firmware of this device lies in the fact that the firmware from the GT-N7000 is not good for us - they have a different processor, although the devices are identical and outwardly identical ......!

Link to get Root on ICS firmware for phones on the LG U + operator:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1671987

Post has been editedSil-silent - 02.06.12, 18:58
Reason for editing: spoilers

Native (original) firmware (including ICS):

SHV-E160L:http://pspmaster.tistory.com/m/180
SHV-E160S:http://pspmaster.tistory.com/m/post/view/id/179
SHV-E160K:http://pspmaster.tistory.com/m/post/view/id/182

P.S. - to install, first download all the archives of a single patch, then the archiver is downloaded (http://www.7-zip.org/),we put all the files in one folder, opens the first * .zip.001 (the rest will catch up), extract the firmware file * .tar.md5 to any required place, then flash through Odin 1.85, while adding the firmware file * .tar.md5 to the field PDA.

Rep: (2)
Very good topic. I have this device: E160K Ue12 (ics) + root. Completely in Russian (except for some widgets, wai fay and sms messenger.

http://pspmaster.tistory.com/181 <- Tegrak for ICS (UE12) E160K, E160L, E160S.

Instruction to get root on Samsung Galaxy Note E160K, E160S, E160L ICS1 - Download 2 files from the links aboveATTENTION For each phone download your file!. 2 We sew through ODIN (PDA) recovery.tar. 2- Drop the second file on the phone (which is zip). 3- Go to the Tegrak recovery (turn off the phone, then hold down the buttons: Turn on volume + - after Samsung appears Remove the finger from the button on and hold + - hold until tegrak recovery appears) and install the zip file, turn on the phone and download this application:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...m.tegrak.lagfixthen go to the Tgrak Kernel application and click on Enable rooting. That's all we rutanuli our Korean phone :)

Post has been editedomen_ent - 02.06.12, 17:57

Rep: (10)
Colleagues!
If I buy a Korean model, will it work in Russia? What is the device unlock? And no one is aware of the Lte version, will we work in the future in the Lte range or are there differences in frequencies?

LTE It seems there is already in Moscow. At E160K Simka 2g (Ntk Vladivotsok) goes quietly, only one minus ussd request can not be fulfilled

Rep: (7)
FedoraA @ 06/03/2012, 13:07*
If I buy a Korean model, will it work in Russia? What is the device unlock? And no one is aware of the Lte version, will we work in the future in the Lte range or are there differences in frequencies?

Judging by the preliminary information:
GPRS and 3G will work in Russia. EDGE - it may be possible to enable, LTE - not at all guaranteed, the frequencies are different. If you live in the States / Canada, buy with caution, since 3G is guaranteed only in the 2100 range.
I myself am the happy owner of SHV-E160K, one of these days I will change the SIM card (as opposed to the international versions - there is microSIM), and I will tell how it works for us while connected to WiFi.

On my E160L from the operator LG U + it is locked just EDGE-GPRS-3G. The fact is that all these Korean devices are not locked into the ability to make calls, but the ability to use any wireless Internet except LTE.

I ask you to help with the solution of the problem - how to open access to the menu (to wireless networks \ mobile networks) the ability to select and enable the EDGE-GPRS network mode, just in the native firmware there are no such settings. The access point is created, everything is done, but I can not connect to the Internet .......

+ I ask you to add a database with native firmware to Korean devices to the header:
http://pspmaster.tistory.com/category/%EC%...%9B%A8%EC%96%B4

and here the guys are discussing the development of firmware for Korean S2, it is very useful to read ....
Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE firmware (OS 2.x / 4.x)

Post has been editedvip-kiev - 04.06.12, 23:51

vip-kiev @ 05.06.2012, 00:26*
On my E160L from the operator LG U + it is locked just EDGE-GPRS-3G. The fact is that all these Korean devices are not locked into the ability to make calls, but the ability to use any wireless Internet except LTE.

Do not be so scary :). Today SIMKA (MTS Moscow) was changed - the 3G on my E160K turned on without a single problem, I didn't even have to configure anything. Firmware firmware, and - Olleh UE12. It came originally from AT & T, but there was Android 2.3.
So now just rip out the wifi manager in Korean - and everything will be fine. In parallel, the WiFi manager has already been installed, but I want the default dialog to pop up in the default settings.

At 160L EDGE GPRS is locked ..........

Rep: (15)
vip-kiev in E160L with SMS no problem? Is everything received and sent?

vip-kiev @ 06.06.2012, 00:28*
On 160L EDGE GPRS are locked ..........

Sorry, I mistakenly realized that it was all about E-160.

And so - for now, normal flight. Except for the following:
It was not possible to return the standard wifi dialog. After the root, it became possible to demolish the operator's add-on programs, but after this the "settings" just drop when calling the list of networks. Apparently - there was a link to the demolished software, where exactly - until I found it.
Third-party SMS clients to send SMS vilely refuse. Manual prescription of the SMS center does not help.

EDGE doesn't really seem to work. However, he didn’t give up much to me - at MTS my habitats are all covered with 3G. I found a radio on the Korean site with its support - but it is for old firmware, at 2.3.6. In general, I have not yet experimented.

Versions S, K and L are slightly different hardware, they have different additional communication modules, respectively, and different wireless capabilities

I also have MTS, but I live in Ukraine, and we have 3G from MTS running at 450 MHz, that is, it is not WCDMA, so with 3G it’s sad.

By SMS, I have not checked it yet, but most likely the problem also exists. I advise you to look at this thread, laid out by me earlier (http: //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=341722),There, the guys are fighting over the Galaxy S2 firmware for Korea, this is essentially the same device, only with a lower screen resolution, they also have versions of E120 S, K and L, respectively. ........

On the subject of settings and menus, very useful program - Any Cut, more details here:
Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE - Discussion

This program allows you to get to the advanced settings of the device, which are locked by the operator, but even with its help, including EDGE-GPRS, access to the Internet has not yet been possible.

Post has been editedvip-kiev - 06.06.12, 21:04

Rep: (13)
Hello colleagues! There is a device purchased in China, in appearance - like the Samsung Galaxy Note LTE because there is a retractable antenna. In the "About the device" section there is samsung-SGH-I717, version 2.3.6 with root, firmware M8660A-AABQNSZM-3.1.61119ST, kernel 2.6.35.11. In Download mode, the one with the green robot, product name: SHV-E160L. There is no Russian. It turns out, can I flash without pain on the firmware for the American version? And how are things with
Russification in Korean firmware?

Yudzin66 @ 06/07/2012, 02:50*
Russification in Korean firmware?

In the stock firmware there is a Russian

Yudzin66 @ 06/07/2012, 01:50*
It turns out, can I flash without pain on the firmware for the American version?

There is a nuance. On xda-developers there were reports that when the firmware was being inserted into the American version, the module of hardware buttons fell off. On the other hand, my SHV-160K came with AT & T firmware. I suppose that the firmware is mostly compatible, but some modifications are needed for correct operation.

Found an engineer. At least - at 160K works. In dialer 319712358 (just like that, without asterisks and grids), the password is 774632. A lot of things, but there is nothing particularly interesting.

people, I installed off of 4.0 for E160L through one, so after that I constantly have all the programs with an error falling, what could be the problem? :(

solved the problem, now working sms :)

Post has been editedodamcha - 10.06.12, 07:09

Strange, today I flashed my E160L from herehttp://pspmaster.tistory.com/m/180firmware SHV-E160L FD06, and on the phone I earned my native 3G on a Utel card, now I don’t understand anything .......

vip-kiev I have an Internet connection on UE11 3G

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/03/19 10:17