> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Sony Xperia acro S - Discussion | Smartphone, 4.3 "
Kamikaze poll
Are you satisfied with the work of the current Wassillevs curator?
Yes, it is quite [ 257 ] ** [43,05%]
No, I demand resignation [ 44 ] ** [7,37%]
I do not care [ 296 ] ** [49,58%]
Total votes: 597

Rep: (1234)
DiscussionSony Xperia в„ў Acro S / SE Acro HD
PictureLT26w, Hikari, SO-03D
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Firmware (OS 5.x) пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Soft and games пїЅ | Acro S against all! пїЅ | Acroshka (owners club) пїЅ | Sony & Sony Ericsson Club пїЅ

Attached Image

The most common problems and solutions F.A.Q. in the process of accumulation

How to put your ringtone on the bell?
You need to put your audio files in a folder.ringtones in the phone's memory, then in the settings, sound, phone ringtone.
You can also put a third-party file manager and choose a melody arbitrarily from a flash drive.
Ringtone for a group in a standard dialer is not supported.
see comments
How much memory is in the phone? Is there support for flash cards?
Data from the official site:
Internal phone memory: 16 GB (free up to 11 GB)
RAM: 1 GB
MicroSD в„ў card, expandable memory up to 32 GB

There is informationabout support 64 GBbut not confirmed by official source.
User inthis commentUnsubscribed, that works without problems.
What is a SIM card?
It supports the usual, there is an adapter insert for microsim.
Why is RAM less than stated? What is so “eating” operative?
How to rotate the desktop in landscape mode?
In applications, the rotation works without problems. Rotation of the desktop is supported only when HDMI or USB is connected (not to the docking station).
You can set the widget to turn the desktop manually, for example fromof this comment
What is the difference between charging dock and USB charging?
In fact, it is more important to which current source the USB cable is connected, the PC socket provides 500mA and the charger is 850mA, the higher current shortens the charging time. It is important that there is an instruction in the manual - when charging the docking station, the cable should only be connected to a charger, using the PC's USB port is prohibited. When installed on the docking station, power is supplied through the contacts on the left side of the phone, and not via microUSB. Perhaps each port uses its own controllers, the second controller is built into the docking station. This is done so that while using the USB host you can charge the phone. Express charging is carried out when charging through the docking station.
How to check the body - Rostest or Eurotest?
How quiet is the speaker? Is it possible to increase the volume?
Quieter than, for example, in samsung i8910, but much louder than in Nokia 5530, it's not a problem to get used to it.
the volume and quality can be slightly adjusted by installing a third-party enhancement, more in the firmware theme

See comment
What is the screen coverage?
No one knows - Sony is silent. There is a possibility that Dragontrail, but - only supposedly

The screen coating is a factory-made, durable film that is hard to tear off and scratch, although I'm lying, just scratching is easy

See comments
Is there a function of increasing sound when you call and alarm?
Not. Alarm clock can be set to third-party, or create a special ringtone with incremental sound, the same with a call.
Why doesn't the Russian layout work on an external USB keyboard?
There is no Russian localization for it in the system, you need to install an additional program, you can use the one specified inthis comment.
Starting with Android 4.1.2 (the latest official firmware for Acre), support for the Russian keyboard is implemented and is not necessary in the above, everything works by default, no third-party programs are required
What is the acre wifi range?
Only up to channel 10. Those. 2.4 GHz.see comment
There is a solution to expand to channel 14 -see comment
Why does the TV control not work?
Depends on the TV, not all models support this protocol.
Examples:does not work, works
How to add a contact to the black list?
There is no such option in the stock call. You can install a special third-party program, as well as similar functionality offers the majority of antiviruses, or use the advicefrom this comment(alternative method without additional software).
Why, after upgrading the firmware, did the battery consumption increase?
It is possible to make an objective conclusion about the energy saving of one or another ROM 4-5 days after its installation - when the ROM itself, as well as the installed software, “settles”
INFA taken from this cap
How, after updating the firmware, should the caller return a dark background, etc.?
Without root and intervention in the system in any way.
Why doesn't the native player see recently added files?
Unfortunately, file reindexing occurs only after rebooting the phone.
Acro charged from a USB hub with an external power supply (without connecting to a PC)?
Yes, but only through a USB cable, for a docking station 0.5 A (standard for USB ports), the current is too low.
Why does not work / does not work (slow) internet? On the old phone with this sim card everything is fine.
This is often the case with those who switched to Androyd from other platforms. In most cases, there is a problem with the SIM card, it is either old (two or three years for electronics, a decent period for which standards and firmware drivers are changed) or not configured properly. After making sure that the phone is set up correctly and there is a sure reception in your area, contact your operator. SIM replacement usually helps, most operators change it for free.
Why is it not cloudy with full screen sync with contacts from Google?
For the photo to be in full screen when you call, you need to add contacts to the Starred in Android group.
Taken from this comment
How to turn off the backlight touch buttons?
Does acro support aptX?
No, and no solution has been found yet.
Thread talk
Is there any way to configure the device to turn off at night to save battery?
No, more precisely, the shutdown can be realized, but devices on Android do not know how to automatically turn on.alternative
Is it possible to implement the implementation of certain actions or change settings, profiles on a schedule?
Yes. Using stock utility Smart Connect or third-party.

Links
Characteristics and photos of the device
Attached Image

Network: GSM / GPRS / EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz), WCDMA / HSPA + 14.4 Mbit / s (850/900/1900/2100 MHz)
Platform (at the time of the announcement): Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Display: touch, capacitive, multitouch, 4.3 ", 1280 x 720 pixels, HD Reality, Mobile BRAVIA Engine, 16 million colors, TFT, 341 ppi, Wet Finger Tracking
Camera: 12 megapixel, flash, autofocus, f / 2.4 aperture, Exmor R, 1080p video recording @ 30fps
Front camera: 1.3 MP, HD video
Processor: Dual-core, 1.5 GHz, Qualcomm MSM8260 Snapdragon S3
Graphics chip: Adreno 220
RAM: 1 GB
Internal memory: 2 GB
Built-in memory: 16 GB
Memory card: microSD (up to 32 GB)
A-GPS, GLONASS
Wi-Fi (802.11b / g / n), DLNA
FM radio
Bluetooth module: 3.0
Bluetooth data transfer: 2.1 + EDR (SPP, A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP, OPP, PBAP)
microUSB 2.0
HDMI
NFC
3.5mm headphone jack
IP55 / IP57 protection
Light sensors, proximity and positions, digital compass, gyroscope
Audio: MP3, AAC, AAC +, eAAC +, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, MIDI, OGG
Video: MPEG4, H.264, H.263
Photo: JPEG, BMP, WBMP, PGN, GIF, PNG
Battery: Li-po, 1910 mAh
Talk time: up to 6 h 40 min in 2G networks, up to 7 h 10 min in 3G networks
Standby time: up to 290 h in 2G networks, up to 310 h in 3G networks
Hours in the music player mode: up to 23 hours
Video playback time: up to 6.5 hours
Dimensions: 126 x 66 x 11.9 mm
Weight: 147 g
Form factor: monoblock with touchscreen
Type: smartphone

Useful information
A source of information
Whitepaper august 2012
User's manual
AcroHD older twin brother user manual
Call the service menu - * # * # 7378423 # * # * (spelled - Service)
Screenshot -at the same time press and hold "off" and "volume -".
Reboot - (up to .45 firmware) hold together the "off" and "volume +" for 3-4 seconds, while holding it for more than 5 seconds, the phone will turn off.

If there are problems with MMS
If there is a place to be an extinguished screen after the call.
Very soft auto-brightness work (when the slider is within ~ 20-80% of the brightness scale, it is less or more than these values ​​it does not work) can cause questions in people who switched to Acro from some other models.You need to either get used to it, or get a root, and turn it off, or find like-minded people in the topic "Marriage".
Disassembly
Battery consumption

MiniFAQ
How to use search
How to ask a question (s)
How to necessarily hide the picture / link underspoiler.
Past Survey Results
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Personally for all who losthot key function "key hold Home"in Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean"double tap on the house"to help you.

Post has been editedNikCher - 27.02.17, 08:44
Reason for editing: removed the Christmas tree in the attic

Rep: (20)
This smartphone is similar to Sony Xperia S?

Rep: (514)
This smartphone is similar to Sony Xperia S?

It seems yes, the SXS filling in a protected case, in fact, this is the Japanese Sony Xperia acro HD, which reached the Russian / European market.

Rep: (158)
Hecaxap @ 05/30/2012, 12:48*
Qualcomm S3 Yes, how can you release your flagship with such a processor. It is not surprising that Sony has less than a percentage of the market.

Sony prices are much lower than existing flagships. Name at least one reason why a percent with 4 cores is now needed. Reference to other manufacturers is not considered.

Rep: (514)
Hecaxap @ 05/30/2012, 12:48*
Qualcomm S3 Yes, how can you release your flagship with such a processor. It is not surprising that Sony has less than a percentage of the market.

That's how:
Xperia acro is not afraid of water and dust. This durable mobile phone with a touch screen has the highest level of protection against moisture among all smartphones. Want to take it with you in the shower? Forward! In addition, the phone is protected from dust. Accidentally dropped it in a glass with a drink or in the children's sandbox? Do not worry. Just shake it off and keep doing your stuff.

The buyer will be. : yes2:

Rep: (158)
Is the case monolithic or is the back cover also removed, only to insert a SIM card?

Still, xperia S is easier to take if IP67 is not critical. While sales wait for something else announce. I learned the bitter experience with HTC = (

Rep: (7)
Is the case monolithic or is the back cover also removed, only to insert a SIM card?

Monolithic, Simka is inserted from the side, next to the microSD.

Release Date: Q1 2012 in Japan, Q3 2012 in Europe

half a year difference?

may still in the European version will be more modern features. In any case, I want to hope so.

Post has been editedBattpatch - 30.05.12, 12:32

Rep: (54)
The main thing is that they do not turn off production.

Sony Mobile is even less than a year old.and from the reports for the first quarter of 2012, Sony is ahead of HTC. And yesterday in London, Steve Walker (head of marketing at Sony) announced that Sony would begin to introduce innovations in the field of hardware, which they could not do at the time of Sony Ericsson. Also, as you know, Sony ended the fiscal year with large losses and the shareholders of the Japanese company slightly "put pressure" on Kazuo Hirarri (the company's CEO), who said thatprobably 4-core smartphone will appear in 2012. From all this it follows that the Japanese will start building up iron in their products. About the software, too, will not be forgotten.

I'll wait for the end of the year and see what comes out from Sony. While an eye laid on Acro HD.

Of course, if it's not about protecting the IP67 standard.

The main feature of this smartphone. So far there are no more secure smartphones with such almost top-end iron and a wonderful screen. There is a buyer for this toy. It is likely that I, for example.

UPDATE: White paper models. RAM - 1GB. Built-in memory - 16 GB (11 GB available to the user) + slot for memory cards. The filling is the same as in Xperia S.

Post has been editedNik_I_Ta - 30.05.12, 13:31

Rep: (36)
and here is the first review

Post has been editedStinky sweet - 16.08.12, 08:12

Rep: (1241)
Still, xperia S is easier to take if IP67 is not critical. While sales wait for something else announce.

How to say...
Protection of the case and slot of a memory card and Android 4 out of the box and a reinforced 1910 mAh battery - These are powerful arguments in favor of the device under discussion!

Post has been editedhelgo9 - 30.05.12, 21:17

Rep: (3)
Hecaxap @ 05/30/2012, 12:56*
I am upset because I like their price policy in Sony, recently the support of updates, and the approach to bundling, as well as the design. but how it was possible to put C3 and adreno 220. enough to endure it

Believe me, there is a buyer. Not everyone takes the bodies to play on it, this is to talk about the process and the GPU. It is immediately evident that Xperia acro S and is not designed for mass consumption. Many people do not like shovels 4.5 and above (for example, I). Many people just want a more or less unique design. And then 4.3 inches + a powerful battery + percent, which will cope perfectly well with the tasks of the “slightly above average” difficulty level + I rub the RGB display (which is also more economical than pentail) + protection from dirt and water + 12MP camera. With such a battery and not the most brutal process, he will live 100% with you a working day to the end. Yes, ololo, I will buy it to replace SGS2 :)

Post has been editedx4spirit - 30.05.12, 22:02

Rep: (17)
finally a cool replacement for Motorola Defy will be released :)

Rep: (92)
iRus666,
almost identical.
Acro S: 147 g, 126.0 x 66.0 x 11.9 mm.
Xperia S: 144 g, 128.0 x 64.0 x 10.6 mm.
What seski eski speech?

Rep: (78)
There can be no problems with S-ki, because a waterproof phone is simply by definition must be monolithic)

What kind of weak glands are they talking about here? I've launched Mass Effect (with lags) on my X10 with adreno 200. And Dead Space (without lags). It seems to me that the difference between the games of 2010 and 2011 is much bigger than 2011-2012. Already, it is clear that new games are much less demanding of hardware. Two nuclei - for the eyes. Enough for all applications for at least a year. Maybe some really very sophisticated 3d shooters will not pull next year, but is it so important? So much in the gland no one will lose.

Rep: (128)
Again non-removable battery. Looks like this will be a Sony Mobile calling card.

Lazy7 @ 05/31/2012, 10:15*
Good phone, I would even say great.
But only one thing spoils everything, the third quarter !!!

I think that in June, the maximum in the middle of July can already be bought. I will explain the logic: this is not a completely new phone, but a small remake of the Japanese Acro HD, i.e. I need to test there just a new firmware, not a fully hardware platform, plus, I very much hope that Sony marketers understand the price of delay until the end of summer, or, not enough, until the autumn - there is a presentation of the iPhone, for this reason, many manufacturers have finished Spring - the beginning / middle of summer, they planned to release as many flagships as possible, because 1-2 months before the iPhone presentation, everyone will hold their breath and hide money under the mattress for the new Apple product :)

Posted on 05/31/2012, 1:24 PM:

Skyline @ 05/31/2012, 1:22 PM*
Again non-removable battery. Looks like this will be a Sony Mobile calling card.

non-removable battery = higher solid body :)

Rep: (157)
Guys, this system is thousands of plugs in six months, probably all snot? Especially not coupe type, and nashlepki. Who had something similar? Uncomment please, and then caught fire with the device and I want to have the fullest idea before the summer order with ebay.

Rep: (19)
Who had something similar?

There was a Nokia N8, a memory card and a SIM plug, an HDMI connector. They didn’t get loose at all (though I didn’t open them 10 times a day)

konamkz

There is a stub on the Xperia X10. The phone is already a year and a half, everything is in place.

Post has been editedNik_I_Ta - 31.05.12, 15:11

ICEman_c81 @ 05/31/2012, 11:54*
Who had something similar?

XPERIA X10 for over 2 years, everything is normal! acro S I look forward to it, I thought of taking the SXS, and here is such a miracle!

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/05/19, 10:35