> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III - Discussion

Rep: (1311)
DiscussionSamsung Galaxy S III (Samsung GT-I9300)
PictureSamsung Galaxy S III,GT-I9300 international version

Description | Discussion пїЅ | Discussion Samsung GT-9300 Galaxy S III - Archive | FAQ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ| Firmware:Official пїЅ | Custom пїЅ | MIUI пїЅ| OpenSource:4.x пїЅ | 4.4 пїЅ | 5.x пїЅ | 6.x-7.x пїЅ | Modified and stock kernels пїЅ | Editing system applications пїЅ | Modification of software and decorations пїЅ | Wallpaper пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Discussion of the screen (display) | Wi-Fi setup and problems пїЅ | power usage | Games пїЅ | Club lovers пїЅ | EFS Recovery (IMEI) пїЅ |

This topic discusses only the device itself and the features of its operation onstock firmware!
Issues related to the firmware are discussed in the branchSamsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III - Firmware .

Theme Rules
Post removal policy
  1. Messages are not on the topic of discussion, as well as the answers to them -are deleted .
  2. All posts related to the process of flashing and problems arising from this will be deletedWITHOUT WARNING
  3. Messages that do not carry any meaning, and consist of monosyllabic statements: "Good!", "I'll try!", "When?", "Where?" -are deleted.
  4. Questions, the answer to which is directly given in the header -deleted without notice and warning
  5. Referrals to the header are equal toflood .
  6. Messages of thanksare deleted
    5. The reward system.
    5.1. If the forum member gave you good advice who helped you solve your problem should not put a message with the text "Thank! You are super!!!" . On our forum, thanks are accepted to express by raising reputation specific participant.
    5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button .

If you did not find your message in this topic

I assure you that deleting / moving messages is done for the convenience of obtaining information and increasing the comfort of communication.
If you did not find your message in this topic:
- it means that your message has been deleted as violating the Forum Rules and this topic in particular;
- it may have been moved to a more appropriate topic.
However, you can use the option to search for your own messages: click on the "Nickname" (in any of your messages), in the drop-down list ->Find User Posts
In any case, do not speak out in public about this!
In extreme cases, ask the Curator / Moderator in the LAN / QMS, or through the "Complaint" button.
If your messages are deleted / moved very often, think about it, draw the right conclusions, and be careful in the future. Otherwise, you will have to apply administrative measures, according to the Forum Rules.

The forum is a public place. Before contacting anyone specifically, and not through the systemprivate messagesorQMS, think - will your message be interesting for other forum participants or will it just take up space? Do not turn the topic into a chat!
Galaxy S3 comparison with other smartphones
useful links
Samsung Octopus Programmer
Why is there no update?
How to check the Galaxy S3 before buying using the test menu
User's Manual / Updated instruction
Service Manual
How to determine the country of manufacture and the date of production / How to check the Galaxy S3 for "originality"
Easy way to find out all the information about your device.
What is Android in plain language
What is Root?
Removing system applications
Root User Beginner Questions
Android + PC = Internet
Task Killers on Android
Tips to improve the power saving of Android devices
Configuring access to files on the local network
Set "Must Have"
Multitasking
Russian S-Voice:Method 1
Why can not connect the internal memory of the phone as a USB flash drive
How to check the Galaxy S3 for originality? / Photo fakes/Photo fakes 2
What can be removed from stock applications Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 in firmware from XXBLH1 (4.0.4) to XXUGOE1 (4.3) with the SER region
Solving the problem of the periodic lack of updating the stock weather widget
Do-it-yourself USB Host:Method 1 Method 2
How to replace native fonts on android
Replacing the internal flash memory of the phone on the microSD
What if the memory card is not visible from the computer, but does the CWM see it?
Solving the problem with the clipboard
How to make the camera silent
Camera firmware
Disable wake-up on the Home button
How to remove a translucent Factory Mode window with information about PDA, Phone, CSC, H / W, RF Cal Date, SMD, CAMERA, TSP, etc.
What can be connected to the Samsung GT-I9300 (video) / A photo
Solving the problem with Google Play (Failed to load the application. Not enough space in the device memory)
Accelerating GPS on Android / Continuation
About white balance
Barometer
Program for connecting an external ExtSD Card as a USB drive
File for fast GPS operation
Installing fonts via .apk
Sounds from the Samsung Galaxy3 presentation
Sounds with SGS3
MultiWindow Control - multi-window configurator / MultiWindow Control Xposed
Download MMS with mobile data transmission off
Reset your pattern, PIN, or screen lock password
Program for removing graphic lock GT-I9300 / Method number 2
Another way to save some space on the internal memory
Problem with Contacts, Phone and Messaging applications, or long opening of these applications
Switching language swipe space
Fonts for OS Android v.4.3
What if the week starts with sunday?
Restrict traffic without Root rights
How to enter the "Safe Mode" download
Solving the problem with time zones after 10.26.2014 and the transition to a permanent winter time Method number 2
Solving the problem with the Internet on 4.3 for Beeline owners
Solving problems with Screen Mirroring on firmware 4.3
Replacing the i9300 board with a board from i9305
Connect to PC, Driver, Samsung Kies
Other models, UnLock SGS3
Polls and polls
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Ask all questions about the KIES / SmartSwitch program and exit 4.4 and updates for other regions to Samsung.

For questions about filling and updating the topic header, contact the Curator at QMS
The curator of the topic is Vetal`M

Post has been editedVetal`M - 19.06.19, 14:22
Reason for editing: Edit

Rep: (5)
Hello, I have already described the problem, Question to the experts, the photo will turn gray with time, what kind of nonsense does it happen. Well, like with time, it happens that you go into it and this area is gray

That's howin gallery [1]

and that's howwhen opened [2]

how do spoiler{Censorship}(
Who knows what, tell me what the garbage?)

4.1.2 Polish. rst.
M
Check outForum Rules!
4.9. It is forbidden to use obscene language, both explicit and hidden, including special characters.

Post has been editedNatacha - 09.12.12, 16:53

Rep: (897)
XborodaX,
1. install for exampleAndroid Hardware Infoand verify what he writes, with the officially declared characteristics of the Samsung
2. remove the battery and visually compare the back with the present sgc3
3. call samsung toll free at 8-800-555-55-55 and ask to identify your phone
Picture

Post has been editedVetal`M - 30.04.17, 20:05
Reason for editing: In the header

Rep: (77)
How to check your Galaxy SIII (GT-I9300 ) on originality, before purchase or firmware.

0. Go to Settings->About device->Model number. Since you can write anything here, it only makes sense when another model is immediately written there. Further here is Settings->About device->Android version 4.x.x several times quickly Click on this item until a picture appears showing the actual version of Android (for example, as in screenshot 4.1.2), as a rule, the versions do not match on the clones.
Real candy
Attached Image
Attached Image

1. Call the service of those. Samsung support by phone 8-800-555-55-55 (round-the-clock and free of charge) and ask to verify your IMEI, which can be recognized by the code * # 06 # by dialing it in the dialer. Since there were rumors that the Chinese craftsmen are stitching the original stolen IMEI on their crafts, it is better to be safe.

2. By dialing code * # 0 * # to enter the service menu. (It can be disabled if you take it with your hands, it should always work out of the box). If everything works, then with high probability we can say that you have the original. Also in this menu you can check the performance of the main hardware of the phone, camera, sound, vibration, dead pixels, and so on.
Screenshots of the service menu - the main menu, the "Sensor" button, the "Touch" button.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

3. Download and install a program showing the characteristics of the device, for example Android System Info and check with information for example here or on the Samsung website. Only software components of the OS version can differ, for example, Android 4.0.4 or 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 (4.0.3 or 4.1.9 should not be, this is China), all hardware specifications such as screen resolution, diagonal, processor (can defined as "ARMv7", "Quad-Qore ARMv7"), camera resolution, and so on. must match exactly.
Screenshot from the original GT-I9300
Attached Image
Attached Image

4. Visually inspect and compare with the original or with images from the official Samsung website or see the review on any video hosting service, the presence and location of the light sensor, camera, inscriptions, etc., as well as the internal arrangement of the elements should exactly match the image in the screenshot.
View of the original GT-I9300 without back cover and battery.
Attached Image

And so look clones.
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

A few more clones with a description from tester99
First chinese
Attached Image

Bright features:
1. The buttons on the left and right of the "Home" button are not touch sensitive.
2. The screen is significantly less native, resistive and faded.
3. An application with the APK extension (for example, Android System Info) cannot be started.
4. The menu "About the device" in the device settings is not.
Second chinese
Attached Image
Attached Image

Bright features:
1. The screen is significantly less native.

5. Check for Recovery mode (recovery mode), Download Mode (firmware mode). As a rule, on Chinese clones, you need to enter Recovery mode differently, so if you have a clone, it will either not enter or show something that does not coincide with the image in the screenshots.
5.1 In order to enter Recovery mode, it is necessary to simultaneously hold down the volume rocker to plus (Volume +), the central button (Home), and the power button (Power) on the switched off phone at the same time until it is turned on. To exit this mode, select the Reboot system now (selected by default) volume rocker, and press the Power button.
Screenshots of possible Recovery mode on the original GT-I9300
Stock Recovery mode - Factory, out of the box should always be
Attached Image

TWRP Recovery mode - custom, stitched separately, if we take it from hands
Attached Image

CWM Recovery mode - custom, stitched separately, if we take it from hands
Attached Image

One of the options "Recovery" on the clone.
Attached Image

5.2 In order to enter Download mode, it is necessary to simultaneously hold down the volume rocker to the minus (Volume-), central button (Home), and power button (Power) and hold it on until it is turned on, after downloading, you should see exactly as shown in the screenshot on the left, then you need to press the volume rocker on the plus (Volume +) and we will see what is on the screenshot on the right, in the upper left corner, the information we are interested in:

PRODUCT NAME:GT-I9300
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO (From the hands, then there may be a figure - the number of unofficial flashing)
CURRENT BINARY: Official (With the Hands and Custom, an unofficial firmware installed)
SYSTEM STATUS: Offical. (With the hands and custom change the official firmware, for example installing root rights and so on ...)

Exit the mode by holding the power button (Power). But you should not flatter yourself, in skillful hands all these counters are easily brought to factory condition - Custom binary Download: NO, Current Binary: Official, System Status: Official, well, it is in principle not scary.
Download mode
Attached Image

Examples of Chinese clones in photos:
Samsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III - Discussion (Post # 17894594)

If you have a clone readhereorhere.

Do everything at your own peril and risk! If you do not have the original, it is not clear what the consequences may be, for example, item 5, maybe there is a HardReset)))
Each item individually cannot guarantee you 100% certainty, but a combination of them at 99.9% will give you such confidence.

P.S. This is something like homework ...
Picture

Post has been editedVetal`M - 24.04.17, 11:57
Reason for editing: added

Rep: (1152)
And so look clones.

BornToKnow Please add to your post two more clones of the Galaxy S3.

first chinese
Attached Image

Bright features:
1. The buttons on the left and right of the "Home" button are not touch sensitive.
2. The screen is significantly less native, resistive and faded.
3. An application with the APK extension (for example, Android System Info) cannot be started.
4. The menu "About the device" in the device settings is not.

second chinese
Attached Image
Attached Image

Bright features:
1. The screen is significantly less native.

Post has been editedtester99 - 17.12.12, 17:22
Reason for editing: Added second Chinese

Rep: (4)
Gentlemen, there is a question.
As is known, in 4.1.2. There is such a feature as page buddy (so it seems), in particular, when sticking headphones, a "music" desktop appears, on which there is a stock player widget and a suggestion to add a video. These widgets, as I found out, can be replaced / removed.
What I did. Removed the stock player and video, put the poweramp widget, audibook reader and radio. Conveniently, what do you say ... While the headphones are not inserted - these widgets are not needed, but how they are inserted is right at hand.
BUT! "there is always this{CENSORSHIP}After the headphones are pulled out and inserted, all the PARTY widgets "fall off". But the fact that everything returns to the "default" is not, the radio remains, the stock players are not returned, but the third-party players are sawed out ... And so it is always.
There is a way to fight. The idea is cool, but such restrictions reduce them to nothing ...
Thank you all in advance.
M
Check outForum Rules!
4.9. It is forbidden to use obscene language, both explicit and hidden, including special characters.

Post has been editedNatacha - 20.12.12, 11:52

Rep: (24)
MusicBoy @ 1.1.2013, 16:13*
shurkan
Also 4.1.2 only Russia. Absolutely did the same operations as you indicated, everything is fine

CensorshipI changed it to Russian. The same balls, only in profile! One would think that I have one such problem, it turns out that a couple of friends have the same thing. To find these wallpapers in the system and demolish them, but where they should have been removed a long time ago. It remains to search in temporary files.
M
Check outForum Rules!

Post has been editedNatacha - 02.01.13, 12:00

Rep: (13)
Kibitzer @ 01/10/2013, 17:18*
Neither in the header nor in the FAQ, I found a solution to the annoying problem — the phone is a brake opening application, as well as an address book. Will you help? Third-party applications set, but seemed inconvenient. Is it possible to do something with stock?

BUTexDialerhave you tried?

Post has been editedHonda14rus - 10.01.13, 11:39

Honda14rus @ 01/10/2013, 12:35*
And exDialer. have you tried?

and the theme in the style of sgc3 typing to this program:Topics for exDialer (Post # 16694292)

Last time when you open a folder with applications (for example, a folder with games, etc.), the phone says “the folder is open” with voice and “the folder is closed” when it is closed. Apparently when I was digging in the settings, after upgrading to 4.1.2, I accidentally turned on this feature.
How to remove it? I rummaged in the settings, but did not find the menu responsible for the speech reproduction of this action ...

Post has been editedMrGruzin - 10.01.13, 13:16

Rep: (0)
MrGruzin - Setup - Accessibility - TalkBack

Rendercat,

Talk back function is disabled. I turned it on to check - this feature "razovarivaet" female voice and says everything is very clear and understandable. And the fact that I have - a male voice and hell disassemble.
In general, I turned on / turned off this function, I thought it would help - but no, when opening the folder, the same “voice accompaniment” behind the delayed ..

Rep: (0)
Guys, how to do to answer the call with the central key, and not to shift as usual. Just winter is not very comfortable with gloves.

Rep: (13)
SvarogVolgograd @ 01/10/2013, 20:37*
Guys, how to do to answer the call with the central key, and not to shift as usual. Just winter is not very comfortable with gloves.

Very simple: a phone (green icon with a handset) / menu / call settings / answer-end of a call

Post has been editedHonda14rus - 10.01.13, 14:51

Rep: (142)
Something I do not see cuts the battery in one of the latest CWM, who knows where it went and why?

Rep: (727)
Something I do not see cuts the battery in one of the latest CWM, who knows where it went and why?

IMHO because it gives nothing. In principle, you can manually remove
/data/system/batterystats.bin and reboot.

Rep: (1)
Good day!
Can you please tell if you can solve the problem without installing alternative SMS programs.

There are several numbers on one contact. But at the same time for each number has its own branch (dialogue) SMS. I would like one dialogue (branch), because the person is the same and I do not always answer the same number.
Can I do something here?

Thank you in advance!

Rep: (1)
maybe I did not understand, but did not try to answer sms to the branch from which the sms came, logically - your sms will go to the same number from which it came

Just I often need to answer another number. Those. it came from one (A) I answer the other (B). Then came again with (A) I respond to (B) as a result in (A) only the incoming list and in (B) outgoing. Accordingly, there is no dialogue :(
In a pinch, can there be alternative programs?

Kholodov_igor,
look: you received a text message from subscriber N from number A, you need to reply with SMS to the same subscriber N only to number B, what do you do for this:
open the sms application, create a new one, add the addressee N, when you add, you have to choose which subscriber number N (to number A or to number B), add number B and write SMS

in the bottom line we now have 2 branches of conversations with the subscriber N:
1. number A (incoming SMS from subscriber N)
2. number B (your sent SMS to subscriber N)
now it only remains to receive 1 branch of sms, and 2 branches of sending sms

I think explained is available

Post has been editedTargit - 10.01.13, 18:54

sailor74,
excuse me, is it generally realizable? I think not, unless you do so that the sms application asks every time before sending to which number to send sms (and being in the same conversation window)? I think even in third-party SMS clients it is organized just like in the standard application

I can of course be mistaken, but to turn on the second phone and check it in practice there is no desire

Post has been editedTargit - 10.01.13, 19:04

Rep: (124)
Targit,
Sorry, so the question was "is it possible?" ...

Kholodov_igor,
Try in the contact view, with the left soft key, select Use by default and select Name. Perhaps help.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/12/19, 19:43