> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III - Discussion

Rep: (1311)
DiscussionSamsung Galaxy S III (Samsung GT-I9300)
PictureSamsung Galaxy S III,GT-I9300 international version

Description | Discussion пїЅ | Discussion Samsung GT-9300 Galaxy S III - Archive | FAQ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ| Firmware:Official пїЅ | Custom пїЅ | MIUI пїЅ| OpenSource:4.x пїЅ | 4.4 пїЅ | 5.x пїЅ | 6.x-7.x пїЅ | Modified and stock kernels пїЅ | Editing system applications пїЅ | Modification of software and decorations пїЅ | Wallpaper пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Discussion of the screen (display) | Wi-Fi setup and problems пїЅ | power usage | Games пїЅ | Club lovers пїЅ | EFS Recovery (IMEI) пїЅ |

This topic discusses only the device itself and the features of its operation onstock firmware!
Issues related to the firmware are discussed in the branchSamsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III - Firmware .

Theme Rules
Post removal policy
  1. Messages are not on the topic of discussion, as well as the answers to them -are deleted .
  2. All posts related to the process of flashing and problems arising from this will be deletedWITHOUT WARNING
  3. Messages that do not carry any meaning, and consist of monosyllabic statements: "Good!", "I'll try!", "When?", "Where?" -are deleted.
  4. Questions, the answer to which is directly given in the header -deleted without notice and warning
  5. Referrals to the header are equal toflood .
  6. Messages of thanksare deleted
    5. The reward system.
    5.1. If the forum member gave you good advice who helped you solve your problem should not put a message with the text "Thank! You are super!!!" . On our forum, thanks are accepted to express by raising reputation specific participant.
    5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button .

If you did not find your message in this topic

I assure you that deleting / moving messages is done for the convenience of obtaining information and increasing the comfort of communication.
If you did not find your message in this topic:
- it means that your message has been deleted as violating the Forum Rules and this topic in particular;
- it may have been moved to a more appropriate topic.
However, you can use the option to search for your own messages: click on the "Nickname" (in any of your messages), in the drop-down list ->Find User Posts
In any case, do not speak out in public about this!
In extreme cases, ask the Curator / Moderator in the LAN / QMS, or through the "Complaint" button.
If your messages are deleted / moved very often, think about it, draw the right conclusions, and be careful in the future. Otherwise, you will have to apply administrative measures, according to the Forum Rules.

The forum is a public place. Before contacting anyone specifically, and not through the systemprivate messagesorQMS, think - will your message be interesting for other forum participants or will it just take up space? Do not turn the topic into a chat!
Galaxy S3 comparison with other smartphones
useful links
Samsung Octopus Programmer
Why is there no update?
How to check the Galaxy S3 before buying using the test menu
User's Manual / Updated instruction
Service Manual
How to determine the country of manufacture and the date of production / How to check the Galaxy S3 for "originality"
Easy way to find out all the information about your device.
What is Android in plain language
What is Root?
Removing system applications
Root User Beginner Questions
Android + PC = Internet
Task Killers on Android
Tips to improve the power saving of Android devices
Configuring access to files on the local network
Set "Must Have"
Multitasking
Russian S-Voice:Method 1
Why can not connect the internal memory of the phone as a USB flash drive
How to check the Galaxy S3 for originality? / Photo fakes/Photo fakes 2
What can be removed from stock applications Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 in firmware from XXBLH1 (4.0.4) to XXUGOE1 (4.3) with the SER region
Solving the problem of the periodic lack of updating the stock weather widget
Do-it-yourself USB Host:Method 1 Method 2
How to replace native fonts on android
Replacing the internal flash memory of the phone on the microSD
What if the memory card is not visible from the computer, but does the CWM see it?
Solving the problem with the clipboard
How to make the camera silent
Camera firmware
Disable wake-up on the Home button
How to remove a translucent Factory Mode window with information about PDA, Phone, CSC, H / W, RF Cal Date, SMD, CAMERA, TSP, etc.
What can be connected to the Samsung GT-I9300 (video) / A photo
Solving the problem with Google Play (Failed to load the application. Not enough space in the device memory)
Accelerating GPS on Android / Continuation
About white balance
Barometer
Program for connecting an external ExtSD Card as a USB drive
File for fast GPS operation
Installing fonts via .apk
Sounds from the Samsung Galaxy3 presentation
Sounds with SGS3
MultiWindow Control - multi-window configurator / MultiWindow Control Xposed
Download MMS with mobile data transmission off
Reset your pattern, PIN, or screen lock password
Program for removing graphic lock GT-I9300 / Method number 2
Another way to save some space on the internal memory
Problem with Contacts, Phone and Messaging applications, or long opening of these applications
Switching language swipe space
Fonts for OS Android v.4.3
What if the week starts with sunday?
Restrict traffic without Root rights
How to enter the "Safe Mode" download
Solving the problem with time zones after 10.26.2014 and the transition to a permanent winter time Method number 2
Solving the problem with the Internet on 4.3 for Beeline owners
Solving problems with Screen Mirroring on firmware 4.3
Replacing the i9300 board with a board from i9305
Connect to PC, Driver, Samsung Kies
Other models, UnLock SGS3
Polls and polls
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Ask all questions about the KIES / SmartSwitch program and exit 4.4 and updates for other regions to Samsung.

For questions about filling and updating the topic header, contact the Curator at QMS
The curator of the topic is Vetal`M

Post has been editedVetal`M - 19.06.19, 14:22
Reason for editing: Edit

Rep: (13)
* rewyt , can wipe the contacts?

Rep: (0)
There was such a problem, I turned on the WI-FI, it started to update something, it hangs after the reboot, before the Samsung message is loaded, it does not even completely play the greeting melody and hangs. I tried to flash through Odin3 many times and with different firmware, the effect is the same. Help please, can anyone come across the same problem or is there another way to flash it.

Rep: (1485)
* zaga2009g
Were wipes made from recovery?

Rep: (3)
Viddjin @ 11/21/18 14:39*
* rewyt, can the contacts be wiped?

I tried, it still turns off once a day. At random time and with random charge

Rep: (7)
Good evening. Tell me what you can do. Put the phone on charge - the battery icon appears somewhere for 3-4 seconds and disappears for the same time and so on without end. I can not turn on the phone, does not respond to the power button. If you hold the thunder. + - Home-On. Samsung Galaxy S3 appears, if you release the buttons, the battery icon appears again. Poke, please, in the right direction. : thank_you:
Now the inscription flashes, when you press three buttons for a second it enters the recovery, but when you release the buttons - again the inscription Samsung.

Post has been editedleovi70-1 - 09.12.18, 21:39

Rep: (12)
* leovi70-1 , my instinct suggests that the phone has ordered to live long. Although as an option, change the battery. Let the Chinese, but new. I have been enjoying the new battery for six months already. The charge holds.

Rep: (6)
Hello.
Mom drowned her s3 in salt water, the phone died by 50% - turned on, charged, loaded and made sounds, but the screen died, does not show signs of life. How in such a situation can I get a photo from the phone? I connect to the computer, but I don’t see it in the list of devices, apparently I need to allow access to the data on the phone, but since the screen is dead, I can't do it ...

Usually immediately determined, there is no prohibition by default. Kies try to install, maybe he will see the body.

Post has been editedAnlok - 14.01.19, 10:43
Reason for editing: Added info

Constantly pops up "Application keyboard stopped." Klava others also do not plow. After resetting to the factory ones, I can not do it in Google and in the settings, since there are no clavs. The recovery from the buttons still does not start, before resetting it launched through the terminal ... what to do?

Rep: (3)
Hello, I read that Samsung s3 has nfc. Tell me, does the wireless payment and wireless charging work on it ??

Rep: (504)
Wireless payment and wireless charging works on it ??
no, neither. In S3, nfc is only for file transfer.

Rep: (173)
wireless charging works on it

Wireless charging is. For it to work, you need to purchase the wireless charging itself and the antenna that you need to stick on the battery. The phone for this antenna has contacts.

Rep: (1)
Hello! In general, the Galaxy S3 I9300 was acquired in 2012, and in about 2016 it was no longer used as the main device (it became a kind of reserve). It does not work as it used to, but everything is quite bad: I stitched it to 4.1.2 in the hopes that it would fly as before, it turned out not, the entrance to the applications is long, switching between them is also long (5 seconds). The question is how to deal with this, is there anyone who had a similar one or 1GB of operatives, everything is already over? He sinned for memory, saying that he had spent his life, but applications from the market sway with dignity in speed given the device’s release year ... But it’s annoying that BOOM can’t visually load tracks and stupidly crashes ...
There is of course J4 2016, but S3 is still my own, my first android smartphone, no matter how much, I learned everything from it. Thank you all for your attention! I am writing from him!)

Rep: (16)
* VOURCS , now applications are eating a lot of operatives, i.e. even stock, updated to the latest version will be eaten almost gig, not to mention the additionally installed.

The question is why can nfc not work? Firmware tried different cm 13, los 14-15.
Nfc not furychit ...

Ivlev98 @ 03/27/19 9:21*
The question is why can nfc not work?

For example, because there is no nfc antenna in the replaced battery.

Rep: (6)
All pda! There is no sound in multimedia (YouTube, games). In the headphones of norms (the phone is immediately loaded in the "headphones" mode with the headphones turned off). The connector seems to be a whole, in the service menu when you click on 1 and 3 points - silence. But here's a joke. When dialing a number from a sim card, the headphone icon disappears and the sound goes through the speaker. But the cant is repeated after a reboot.

UPD Continuation of the story. I found a thread on a forum with a very similar description of my problem. Topikstarter tried everything, eliminated hardware problems, dialing elements, etc. But the situation has not changed. And my eyes caught on a rather oxidized connector connecting the module to the speaker. Cleaned and, lo and behold! Everything worked as it should. Maybe someone will be useful.

Post has been editedDrumsms - 04.04.19, 20:47

Rep: (2)
Hello, what can be with the phone, the Samsung logo on the launch comes and restarts. And so always in a circle.

Yura_LB @ 04/04/19, 15:23*
The Samsung logo on the launch comes and restarts.

The power button is stuck, the battery is defective, there is no free space in the phone, etc.

Good day!

The problem is the following, the phone constantly gives an error "the clock application is stopped." UGNB1 firmware, international version. Tried to delete the application cache clock does not help. Even reinstalled the firmware.
What could be the reason?
Samsung GT-9300

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/17/19 5:42 PM