> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

BlackBerry Bold 9780 - Discussion

Rep: (7)
Internet through a regular browser

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the stupid questions. And what's such a wonderful "unusual browser"?
and mail will not be available well, etc.

A third-party mail client can be delivered? And how are all the programs put in place - is it difficult? What is their set for Blackberry?
How are third-party ringtones put on the bell? Or just pre-installed?

Rep: (15)
dagerman
1. No, you can on OS 7
2. The BIS, and not the BES probably, is a little different thing, you cannot receive mail without it, download applications from appvold, Yandex maps, vatsapp, bbm will not work. Already answered many times on this topic, will keep about 3 days on a normal firmware.

The first is really impossible. But on the second point, the respected 'dark_snake' is mistaken with apvolda perfectly puts through the access point

Rep: (0)
Gentlemen, can anyone tell how many “dead” pixels on the screen of this phone are considered to be a marriage? Thanks in advance.

Rep: (15)
Tell me please, in the settings there is no wifi, I bought into a megaphone. How to be?

Yes dead pixel on the screen should not be at all.

I know, by today's standards, the model is already outdated, but I wanted it for a long time and finally bought it. I took it as there is a tablet for the main tasks of the mobile device, and my one x seemed to me just odd. From the smartphone I needed:
1. design
2. long time from a single charge
3. music player
4. mail
5. rare Internet connection and IM.
I am always a fan of blackberries. A couple of years ago was Storm. Bold 9780 I really liked!
The first thing I wanted to note: awesome smartphone by which you can call! And do not laugh. Before that, there were 3 phones htc, samsung, and at all there were problems with it. That I did not hear the interlocutor, then he me. Plus BB net catches better fact.
Design is a relative thing - I really like it! Especially when you start looking at the details.
Work time: I have enough for 36-48 hours with quite active use on my native firmware. After android - it is generally gorgeous (there I had enough hours for 8-12). I took it from the docking station - it looks aesthetically pleasing)
The keyboard is good. I didn’t get used to it in one day, but quickly ... And even with my not very thin fingers, it’s convenient to type the text :)
Sound: not perfect, but above average. Paired with good headphones and tuning the equalizer got a decent sound, I more than enough. Although, if you are very obedient, you can hear the noise of the amplifier, but this is nagging already :)
BIS for its operator found, set, there are no problems. I set up mail, with GPRS everything is ok. But with wifi it happens when it is connected to one point for a long time, the connection seems to be as it is, but the packets do not go. You have to reconnect, but did not experience any inconvenience.
As for the software, then everything is sadder than on ios or android, but I found everything I needed, except for instagram. I don’t like to play games on the phone, so this item triggers me a little.
In general, the BlackBerry Bold 9780 is a device for people who know what they want. Yes, he can not boast of his multimedia as his competitors, but in return you get an excellent workhorse that will never fail and will not be discharged on the way from work.

Rep: (2)
L0RDeX

Thanks for the review. Yesterday I ordered second-hand UK Blackberry 9780, class B (new is class A) .. so I look forward to it))

U mena na blackBerry klaveotura glucit, to rabotaet ro otklucaetsa, posovetuyte wto mojno sdelat? Mojet v nastroykax est blokirovka kaeta, ili ktonebut stalkivalsa s takoy setuaciey

Rep: (45)
Hello! Such a question, about the case of this model. How resistant is it to damage? Will the chrome frame (if I'm not mistaken about chrome)?

Hi all people! Advise!
I think taking this model ... in addition to the dreary Internet settings, it also repels the lack of the ability to create access points, which is important to me) I read that such a chip is in OS 6.1, but I don’t know if the phone is updated to this version and if there is any or is it just "on paper". As I understand this phone is not updated to OS 7 ..... therefore the Bold 9790 is included in the comparison, but here the battery of a smaller capacity is frustrating.

So tell me, share your experience and advise! Thanks a lot in advance)

Rep: (25)
i33mhz
Do you mean the phone works in the Wi-Fi access point mode? on 9780 this is impossible, it is possible only with OS 7.1, and not with 6.1.

apostrof,
well thank you))
But what can you say about these devices? okay, let us omit the topic with the access point)) what would you advise?
Is it difficult to set up the Internet? I read somewhere like how to set it up, so I immediately decided not to take BB)

Post has been editedi33mhz - 15.05.13, 23:25

setting up is extremely simple, in fact, there is nothing to set up. We fill in the service books (which are very easy to find) through the standard program (Blackberry Desktop Software), then we set up an access point, like in any other phone - voila. If you connect the BIS - then this is not necessary.
In general, with regard to Blackberry, I can only say that for many years I have only been using Blackberry, with a couple of minor interruptions =)

At the end came the unit, after 2 months of waiting. It's a shame that the device came to be unlock, but O2 was written on the device. Klava English, everywhere English. Here I will study slowly. Charging stuck English from Samsung. I bought in England b \ y, probably sorry, it would be better for us to search for Avito .... So the phone is cute, light compact))

phone "unlock" - it means from O2 "unlocked"
if they wanted to have no logos, this is called neverlok;)

Yesterday I played it through the Blackberry Desktop, updated it, installed the Russian language, didn’t understand how I connected the Internet from MTM, it works through a browser ... Can the Internet work correctly through a browser or through another program or settings? :)

a little did not understand what you mean.
To immediately start using the Internet - put Opera Mini (you can download it from the opera site), connect the operator to the Internet, go to Options-Device-Advanced System Settings-TCP IP, then enter an access point (APN) and login with a password if required . See settings on your operator’s website.
To make the built-in browser work, either connect BIS, or install Service Books through the desktop manager.

Hello! Rides the phone from the states. Bb 9780 Bold 2 Unlock.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BLACKBERRY-978...=item20d121277b

Questions guys:
1. How is Bold 2 Different from Bold 3?
2. The phone will arrive, I insert Simka (megaphone), I go to the Salon, I connect bis and Everything works, right? If No, then Tell me what you need to do, please.
3. Does the voice call work on skype on this model?

Very important for me is the second question, because Deal With Bb Never Had)

Thank you very much.

Rep: (7)
Hello. Tell me whether it is possible to connect the device with Ipad on bluetooth, and go online via 3G with Ipad, using BB as a modem. I now have Nokia, I connect via bluetooth with Ipad and that's it, the Internet turns on automatically via Nokia.

Mist012,
1. There is no model with the name Bold3, it can be called 9790 or 9900 so to speak. From 9780 they are distinguished by a new processor, a large amount of memory, a touch screen, a new OS, etc.
2. Something that looks like this, even if you don’t need to go to the salon, you can connect via a service guide.
3. There is no official Skype for this model, there is a supporter of the IM + Talk client, they say, it supports voice calls, but I did not use it.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/21/19, 10:49 PM