> BlackBerry Development | Developers - ay!
igoRRRek
Message#1
24.04.12, 09:29
I am old, I am old, I am superstar
[offline]

Group: Developers
Messages 2103
Check in: 22.04.10
Amoi N828

Good day to all!

Not so long ago, I became interested in the BlackBerry platform as an application development object.
Slipped to your favorite resource - and did not find a section for developers: (

What do you think - is this because BlackBerry devices are not very popular among the general public and it doesn't make much sense to develop applications for them?
Or is development under BB so complicated that there are very few developers who have mastered this technology?

--------------------
My Searchlights:Call dispatcher | Uber ID | MNP Helper
obone
Message#2
24.04.12, 19:52
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 277
Check in: 13.03.12
Blackberry playbook

Hello!

BlackBerry developers are really very few in Russia. This is due, of course, with the low prevalence of BlackBerry in Russia. Not everyone, unfortunately, understands the benefits of BlackBerry services ... Do you know that there are two BlackBerry platforms? The old BlackBerry OS (5, 6 and 7 versions are now relevant). And the new one is the BlackBerry 10. At the moment, the BB10 has not yet come out, while its prototype is the BlackBerry PlayBook.

If you are interested in talking with developers for BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 10, then pay attention to the CPDA forum:http://forum.kpda.ru/index.php/board,16.0.html

There is also a BlackBerry development team in St. Petersburg, although not only Petersburgers communicate there, of course:http://fb.com/bbdevspb. In May, the next meeting of the group is to take place.

--------------------
Developer, QNX RTOS, BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook
St.Petersburg BlackBerry Dev. Group
igoRRRek
Message#3
25.04.12, 10:30
[offline]

Messages 2103
Amoi N828

I read about OS versions, but for the first time I hear that they are divided into "old" and "new" :)

For BB10, will it be possible to write applications in Java?
Which version is desirable to focus on when developing in order to cover a larger number of devices?

The forum KPDA came across when searching, but it seemed that there was less activity than for example on the same blackberrys.ru

The main question of interest is - is it worth bothering developing for BB? I got the impression that the platform is in a fever - it dies, then re-emerges. Are there any needs for new applications? It seems that - no. The owners have a certain set of necessary software and at first glance they no longer need anything more than what is already in App World.
Maybe I'm wrong?

--------------------
Anatolysam
Message#4
25.04.12, 12:01
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 610
Check in: 29.10.08
Essential Phone

Which version is desirable to focus on when developing in order to cover a larger number of devices?

I think that it is worth focusing on the classical axis, since there are no live devices on the BB10 yet.
Playbooks sold a little, but there are a lot of devices with a classic axis .. So I think that it is necessary to focus on them.
On the device I start with OS5 and up to OS7

The main question of interest is - is it worth bothering developing for BB?

There is a need for applications, but I think you should visit the Market BB and understand that you can bring there intelligently.
Users buy applications with pleasure, so I think it will be possible to earn.
I will say for myself:
I love box.net - there is no client for it. I would give $ 1-2 not really steaming for a normal client for him
Applications for vk.com either. I would also like to buy with pleasure ..

So, there is something to think about and what to write. The choice is yours.

--------------------
Essential Phone + Apple iPad Air + Apple Macbook Air + Pebble Time 2
igoRRRek
Message#5
25.04.12, 12:26
[offline]

Messages 2103
Amoi N828

I see, thanks.

box.net is a dropbox type?
And this seems to be a client for him:
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/co...t/2608/?lang=en
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/11976/

--------------------
Anatolysam
Message#6
25.04.12, 12:36
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 610
Essential Phone

I see, thanks.

for thanks there is a button)

yes, drop box type ..
The application is for Playbook, and for smartphones just a shortcut to the Internet page

--------------------
obone
Message#7
25.04.12, 12:47
Local
[offline]

Messages 277
Blackberry playbook

I will addAnatolysam. Indeed, devices on the BB10 are not yet available for sale, and not so many PlayBooks like smartphones have been sold. But the tablets and sold only a year. And the main business of BlackBerry is services that are not on the tablet. So if you are interested in the current situation, then the most devices on the BlackBerry OS, but there and application saturation is much higher. If we consider the situation in perspective, then BB10 is a more interesting platform.

Java itself will not be supported on BB10 (at the moment this information is), but you can develop for Android and adapt it (or rather just take into account the specifics) of working with the Android Player on the BlackBerry PlayBook. Although users prefer native applications.

There is less user base on the KPDA forum than on the same blackberrys.ru. This is due primarily to the fact that the main direction of the forum is the development and support of QNX. The BlackBerry section appeared later and is mostly focused on the PlayBook and BB10 (which are based on QNX). But the absolute and relative number of developers on the KPDA forum is much higher. ;) It is clear that in general in the world of developers for QNX will be much less than users of BlackBerry smartphones. :)

The BlackBerry platform is not reeling, it will not go anywhere, and will continue to exist and develop further. On trolls of different rank do not pay attention. As for the applications, there are really quite a lot of them for the BlackBerry OS, unless they are not always oriented towards Russia (VKontakte, Odnoklassniki, etc.). As for the BB10 platform (for now, the PlayBook), then at the moment there any high-quality and interesting application will definitely become popular.

--------------------
igoRRRek
Message#8
25.04.12, 14:03
[offline]

Messages 2103
Amoi N828

The application is for Playbook, and for smartphones just a shortcut to the Internet page

Yes, for sure - I did not read the comments when I posted it.

obone,it is clear that the trolls are taking place.
But still - what will happen with OS 5, 6, 7 on smartphones? Will it also be replaced by BB10?
And the old models will cease to be issued?
Will not the BB platform become even more segmented than the same Android, for example?

If such questions have already been raised - do not kick hard with slippers, I just recently started to look in the BB section.

--------------------
Anatolysam
Message#9
25.04.12, 14:42
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 610
Essential Phone

But still - what will happen with OS 5, 6, 7 on smartphones? Will it also be replaced by BB10?
And the old models will cease to be issued?
Will not the BB platform become even more segmented than the same Android, for example?

old models will naturally cease to be produced. The current information is such that even top smartphones will not get the BB10, and will remain on OS7.
So, whoever has a ceiling, for example OS5, will not leave above it .. My Bold 9000 is just for example from this heading.

As for the applications, there are really quite a lot of them for the BlackBerry OS, unless they are not always oriented towards Russia (VKontakte, Odnoklassniki, etc.). As for the BB10 platform (for now, the PlayBook), then at the moment there any high-quality and interesting application will definitely become popular.

Totally agree with that. How do you find something interesting you pay without thinking too much)))

but you can develop for Android and adapt to (or rather just take into account the specifics) of working with the Android Player on the BlackBerry PlayBook. Although users prefer native applications.

Fact. Applications that are adapted are not the best option .. Since they hang, you can open only one Android application and so on at the same time ..

--------------------
Anatolysam
Message#10
03.05.12, 16:54
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 610
Essential Phone

Friends, have an idea to make an application for PB on html5.
who can help and direct me how and where to do it?
About Eclipse, I read about KFOR .. but to a person who is far from this is rather heavy (
I want to do this hobby myself, write for PB)

--------------------
dushkin_alex
Message#11
03.05.12, 17:09
really
[offline]

Messages 901
Check in: 04.01.12
Apple iPhone 5s

And I want for smarts. Direct, really. On java. Without any laborious effort, etc.

--------------------
BlackBerry Club
Rip. Mix. Burn
iPhone 5s @ 32GB.
obone
Message#12
03.05.12, 18:10
Local
[offline]

Messages 277
Blackberry playbook

Yes, without effort, without effort ... And so fast and cool. ;)

In fact, application development is not as fun and easy as some might think.

--------------------
dushkin_alex
Message#13
03.05.12, 18:28
really
[offline]

Messages 901
Check in: 04.01.12
Apple iPhone 5s

obone,
I do not think so. I like the results. : D
And I want to write in order to exhibit my own future resource for bb.

--------------------
BlackBerry Club
Rip. Mix. Burn
iPhone 5s @ 32GB.
igoRRRek
Message#14
03.05.12, 20:54
[offline]

Messages 2103
Amoi N828

Dushkin_alex @ 05/03/2012, 18:09*
And I want for smarts. Direct, really. On java. Without any laborious effort, etc.

See "Vova in the far kingdom". Good cartoon. Informative ;)

So be it, if you find it difficult to google yourself - here's a link for you:https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/java/
But you will write, mind you! Ag-aaa? : D

--------------------
Conteo
Message#15
28.05.12, 23:52
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 1
Check in: 28.05.12
Blackberry playbook

I don’t know how for smartphones (I’m not interested in anything), but for a playbook on the official developer portal there are instructions and good samples. Now with the widespread promotion of BB10 samples has become more and different. Look, try. It helped me.
search3
Message#16
24.08.12, 03:04
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 42
Check in: 11.01.10
HP iPAQ hx2750

M
Check outForum Rules!
4.23.Publication of private ads for the purpose of buying, selling or exchanging devices, accessories and other things is allowed only in the "Flea market" sections (for detailed rules, see the "Flea market" section).Doing business is allowed only in the section "Commercial services"; you can get information about the conditions for placing ads in this section on the offer page.

Hey.
I would not refuse to have Skype, JastVOIP calls over the Internet, ABBY fine reader-so that the back 5MP camera could take text, edit, and save in the right format (shorter scanner), ABBY lingvo-for learning English. And another Ukrainian keyboard layout - ready to pay for the development of $.
write [email protected]

Post has been editeddred78 - 24.08.12, 03:28

--------------------
It was them: motorola T288 - Ericksson R520m - Nokia 9500 ---- and now :)))>>- HP iPAQ hx2750 + Nokia e90 + BlackBerry PlayBook 16Gb :-)
I want these devices to help people (like me);), it is sweet and angry.
GDA230105
Message#17
12.11.12, 10:17
a guest
[offline]

Messages 3
Check in: 12.11.12
Asus p750

Developing an application for BlackBerry - tell me what the problem is and how can it be solved? (development experience under Windows XP-7, Linux, Embedded AVR systems and Windows Mobile 5-6)

Current situation:

1. There is a BlackBerry PlayBook device, connected to a PC (Windows 7) via USB (blackberry management center installed)
2. Visual Studio 2010 Professional is installed on the PC (activated)
3. Marmalade SDK 6.1 is installed on the PC (license is installed)
4. PC has BlackBerry Native SDK 2.1 installed
5. The BlackBerry Tablet Code Signing Key was created and the RDK and RBDT files were received.
6. In BlackBerry Native SDK 2.1, I applied the key, created a backup copy of the license by key (* .zip) and created a debug token, installed it on the PlayBook (in this IDE everything works as it should - creating sources, compiling (creating * .bar) , debug (all diplopitsya on the tablet and starts), etc.)
7. In the settings Marmalade embedded in Visual Studio 2010 entered the IP for the developer mode and a password for access.
If you try to use the key in Visual Studio 2010 with the Marmalade project (during the creation of a debug token, license by key), it gives the Error: already registered with RDK error. Debug token is not created because of this. (I tried to remove the already installed token with the BlackBerry Native SDK in the BlackBerry and then create a debug token in Visual Studio - the result is similar - an error)
At the same time, the project is launched in the marmalade simulator after compilation for the x86 platform (* .bar is not created and there is nothing diplomatic, respectively).
If you compile for the GCC ARM platform, the project is not compiled - an error is output (* .bar is not created and nothing diplomatic, respectively).
I tried to order the license key again - they send new RDK, RBDT files, but when I try to use them to create a debug token, I get the Error: already registered with RDK error message.

Tell me what to do, how to fix it, or am I doing something wrong?

P.S. I ask because you need to use Marmalad and Visual Studio, but only the BlackBerry Native SDK continues to work properly.
richardzorgi
Message#18
17.02.13, 16:58
a guest
[offline]

Messages 1
Check in: 17.02.13

mobile version    Now: 04/29/19 9:26