Rep: (1818)
Asus Eee PC 1025c / 1025ce

Description:
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium or Home;
New Intel Atom processor (Cedar Trail platform);
Exit from sleep mode in just 2 seconds;
Long battery life;
HDMI connector for displaying images on HD-TV;
Recharging mobile devices when the netbook is off.
A photo:
Attached Image
Specifications:
operating system
Windows 7 Home Base
Windows 7 Starter
Express gate
Display
10.1 "LED Backlight WSVGA (1024x600) Screen
CPU
IntelВ® Atom в„ў N2600 (Dual Core; 1.6GHz) Processor
RAM
DDR3, 1 x SO-DIMM, 1GB (Maximum 2GB) * 5
Data store
320GB / 500GB HDD
3GB ASUS Web Storage * 1
Wireless data transmission
WLAN 802.11 b/g/[email protected]*2
Bluetooth V3.0 * 2
Sound
Hi-Definition Audio CODEC
High Quality Speaker
High quality mic
Interface
1 x VGA Connector
2 x USB 2.0 * 3
1 x USB 3.0 * 3
1 x LAN RJ-45
1 x HDMI
1 x Audio Jack (Headphone / Mic-In)
1 x Card Reader: SD / SDHC / MMC
Battery
USB 2.0:
6cells Li-ion Battery Pack, battery life 12 hrs (6cells, 5200mAh, 56W / h) * 4
3cells Li-ion Battery Pack, battery life 6 hrs (3cells, 2600mAh, 28W / h) * 4
USB 3.0:
6cells Li-ion Battery Pack, battery life 11 hrs 0 (6cells, 5200mAh, 56W / h) * 4
Dimensions
262 x 178 x 20.7 ~ 34.4 mm (WxDxH)
Weight
1.25 Kgs (w / 6cell battery)
1.1 Kgs (w / 3cell battery)
Colour
Texture: Blue, Pink, Purple
Note
* 1: Subject to system configuration and usage.
* 2: Availability may vary by SKU and country.
* 3: 1 x USB 3.0 + 2 x USB 2.0 (optional) or 3 x USB 2.0 (Optional)
* 4: Subject to system configuration and usage.
* 5: The memory is fixed on the motherboard. Memory board is not able to be removed or replaced with extending.
Useful links:

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links, or through QMS.

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 03.01.19, 22:24
Reason for editing: How to add 1024x768 resolution to window 10

Rep: (0)
Guys, what is your bios? Version?
I got so bored with this netbook that I just want to throw it away.
Only the starter is put.
Put 8:
1 time worked a day, then put the wood on the video, it was overloaded for a long time and then rare brakes.
It was set 2 times for a long time, and was accompanied by the secret of the black screen. Set firewood, Word with Excel, and the same swing. Hangs, slows down.
3 .... and subsequent times it behaves differently: sometimes it displays a message: "hardware problems"; it happens not.
With the installation of 7 matches a similar matter. When I tried the starter, it was installed. But this is squalor ...
What have you been doing:
- Changed system builds, very different !!! Those that work on other computers (believe me from those dozens of laptops and PCs that I installed on, this is the first time);
- I changed the BIOS with the same version (1105) from under dos and the built-in utility (via F4);
- Changed mbr to gpt;
- I recorded images with different programs.
I do not understand anything.
There are people who can prompt, help in the solution of this idiocy.
The laptop after buying on W7Ultimate worked for 1.5 months. Then I gave it to my sister) (I checked the disk and memory with utilities, everything is in order).
Who knows what about working with EFI in the BIOS of this device?

Help out people !!!! It is necessary to restore the recovery section, can anyone make an image of this section by an acronym? Windows 7 Starter

Post has been editedzell82 - 23.03.13, 18:08

Rep: (2)
Mortician @ 03/11/2013, 11:45 PM*
I bought it today - the machine is good, but wi fi is so weak, I will probably return it.

I have a great wifi ... maybe the router is weak?

Rep: (1)
normal machine for surfing and movies,: D, I have the third month of the flight, everything is okay, after the purchase the starter immediately demolished it set the maximum speed to seven, the flight is normal: D

Something I'm watching, the topic is not popular. But can anyone help? Laptop 1025CE with all the goodies of this modelincluding his mother, pink><sometimes I feel blonde :)
So, what am I talking about: I read about the impressions of speed, took note, I will rearrange the system and install ssd, probably. Now questions:
1. Then someone managed to find all the firewood on XP. Where?? Workers mean) this system is periodically desperately needed for work.
2. my machine has such an unpleasant thing as spontaneous freezing. It began to be observed immediately after reinstalling the starter, which was demolished without looking. Hangs in random order and for an arbitrary time. If the aimp was working at this time, the sound also freezes, noise oscillations of not too high frequency are produced. What to do, how to look for a reason, how to fight? It fixes itself after about a minute, but is wildly annoying.
3. Can I still expand the RAM to 4 gigs? Maybe someone did it? Share)
4. the matrix is ​​periodically buggy: when you open a dark picture, and sometimes just by mood the contrast sharply twists out. Corrected by turning the display off and on. What kind of glitch?

It seems to be all for now. Help out someone))

Rep: (136)
Shorh
The hang may be due to overheating of the processor, and overheating may be due to incorrect operation of the OS with the processor in terms of reducing the frequency of inactivity. In a similar model of the Asus X101CH netbook, this was treated by flashing to the latest BIOS version.
It will not work to increase the memory in the netbook, there is no slot and the chips are soldered directly to the board. For some reason, this situation is observed in all the latest Asus netbook models using Intel Atom N2600 / N2800 chips.
With the flickering of the matrix, the question is not clear, maybe something with the drivers on the video.
All drivers for Widows XP on this netbook are definitely in the collectionDriver Solution Pack 13The size there is of course a decent 4.4GB, but this is a universal collection and it will definitely come in handy on the farm. Unfortunately, under Win XP for the integrated GMA 3600 graphics there is only an unfinished driver version 1.15 in which only DirectX9.0c is supported and there is no hardware accelerated video playback support. In general, under Windows XP on a netbook it will be possible to surf the Internet, watch not very heavy quality DVDrip videos and play primitive toys.
I myself tried to install Windows XP on an Asus 1225C netbook with a similar hardware. I played with it for a couple of days and demolished, in addition to the unfinished video driver, I did not really like the incomplete support of energy saving modes, which is why the battery held for 5-6 hours under normal load, while under Windows 7 under the same conditions the operating time was 7-9 hours. So it makes sense to install Windows XP only if you cannot do without it, for example, some program does not work under Windows 7. By the way, in terms of speed, Windows 7, freed from unnecessary garbage, works no worse than Windows XP, while under the “seven” hardware graphics acceleration works normally and work with SSD is normally implemented (very important for those who will change their native HDD to SSD).

in fact, the memory is not soldered. It would be very inconvenient for the manufacturer (memory replacement:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci3w3jvJIpA)
The question is more that you can only raise up to 4 Gb, but it turns out that for 32-bit systems, more 3Gb is already pointless. Waste of money.
Go ahead. Updated Bios to the latest version 1105 and nothing has changed. It works very poorly (description above). Once I managed to put a starter, and then decided to experiment.
In general, Linux is a great success, and it works without problems. Like this.
Probably this beech has great problems with firewood, maybe something with BIOS firmware, raw.
Honestly very disappointed in ASUS. There is no desire to take their products in the future.

Rep: (6)
And what Linux postvili?

Put Mint 13 KDE. Kum put the release to Fedor right away I won’t say, I don’t know, also without problems. ;)

those. Mint 13 KDE can be installed and there will be no problems with droids?
How about the battery? (longer or less with win 7)

After installing the OS, I downloaded the update and that's it. ;)
About the battery until I say, I have not tested.
The fact is that the beech gave the guys some trouble, maybe they will find something I did not notice. Maybe they still solve the issue with windows. For now, I was just checking for the ability to install a Linux system.
I think that it will also hold well on the battery.

during installation, the cursor simply flashes. Recorded through unitbooting. How did you record?

Rep: (429)
Ursdenis @ 04/02/2013, 20:47*
Probably this beech has great problems with firewood, maybe something with BIOS firmware, raw.
Honestly very disappointed in ASUS. There is no desire to take their products in the future.

You have some kind of iron problem specifically for YOUR netbook - everything is installed on mine and works without problems.
Mikheyev92 @ 04/02/2013, 21:53*
And what Linux postvili?

Anyone at the core 3.5

ksh2000
We make a note with the BIOS flashing ... Thank you very much for the link to the driver, I will try to deflate, because xp is needed for work, not for video) well, yes, old toys are also great, especially when you consider that many just don’t want to work with the seven. Although I often, honestly, sin on a video adapter: very strange glitches fly out, and on my big brother, i.e. a stationary computer, with the same system everything works smartly.

ursdenis,
about the limit of 3 gigs - this is clear, but of the two gigs, the system eats half, so only a gig remains for work. The difference between the gig and the two should still be felt.

Rep: (31)
For those who need to restore their native recovery, take here
http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4312972

Rep: (3)
Greetings to all.
That's all it’s good in, but from time to time there is a glitch that I don’t understand - it under completely different circumstances and in different situations sometimes hangs tightly. It does not react to anything, up to the power button. Only removing the battery helps. Having stood in a frozen state for a couple of minutes, it again “sags” and then works in normal mode. Before sagging, “beep sound of the system speaker” is heard. What could be the problem? I read in the comments on the device on different sites from different people - some describe this glitch.
Iron problem or software? Maybe someone cured?
This, of course, is not critical in order to refuse it, it is very convenient and in all respects it is ideal for work (mine, at least), but it’s annoying ...
Iron: Atom 2800, native 2gb, video gma 3650. Windows w7hb

The saga with my no has almost ended. In general, they changed the hard one in the SC and left for the test as a result, the problem manifested itself again.
Speaking of the problem, it all started with the fact that it did not turn off sometimes, it crashed and only through forced shutdown. Then a black screen began to appear at boot time, all the same, the forced shutdown and again turned on helped. After trying to install the system, sometimes it was installed, sometimes it was not, and if it was installed, then during the installation of the following programs freezes appeared. Then it became generally bad, the OS was not installed.
The result is as follows: the "mother" is changed, or the same thing - replacing the laptop only from the inside)): rolleyes:
I don’t want to take Asus anymore; they are completely spoiled. : beee:

set the bar 4 Gb instead of two .. about soldered memory on the board - fairy tales)) the manual in the above video .. with x64 has not yet figured out, it costs Win7x32 //
it may sound silly, but with my needs in WinXP I have it in the VirtualBox virtual machine (endowing it with one core / thread and squeezing her 1024 Mb RAM) // the main tasks are solved on Win7 //
the second system is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, at the time of installation it was 12.10, but she did not understand the graphics adapter .. the drivers in Ubuntu 12.04 were downloaded from the standard repository .. the flight is normal))
there will be questions - write to the mail (in the profile), I will be happy to help))

Thanks for attention))
with respect, mr_anabiosis))

Rep: (3)
Good evening to all! I tried to install antivirus programs, demolished the Titanium .. It is necessary to restore - it requires a license code. Is he buried somewhere? Or who will tell? Pliz !!

Rep: (120)
For those who put Linux on this miracle, here is the manual:http://linuxeeepc.blogspot.com/2012/08/lub...th-correct.html. Experimentally, the author reached 500mb of working (busy, with 1GB of built-in) RAM with Skype on and a couple of tabs in Chrome. Also playing 1080 video with a CPU load (U) of 10%. 100% work on "distros" based on Ubuntu 12.04 without dancing with tambourines (by the distro itself). There is a manual for newer systems (12.10 and higher), but for enthusiasts. It is better to play toys on 7-ke (windows), although here (Linux) the old ones pull + theirs go normally, but firewood is better sharpened under Windows (it’s sad on XP video (2D isn’t even), on 8-ke BSOD is possible).
By the way, 8 gjrf does not support native firewood for bluetooth (Qualcomm), but there are crutches (third-party software and manual layout of firewood).

petsamonord62
offtopic!
If the license - ask again for the code in the mail. If not - google help (rutreker), or banned?

mr_Anabiosis
If you rearrange the BIOS (otherwise they knocked out support there), then x64 is possible, but what's the point? Under the GPU, memory is still needed (from RAM), if you cut PAE in the BIOS, then there will be more memory. The rest will be consumed by x64 when emulating x32 prog (300 mb of difference between the RAM consumed between them on clean systems + more is needed for the program, 3.7 gigabyte upper limit of x32 systems).
There is an option to put RAMdisk (uses all 4 GB in the x32 system) and allocate 1 GB for swap (1 GB system, 2 GB application (maximum for them, software), 1 GB operational swap - loads faster than from the hard drive and the system works faster) .

zloyjack
Soft problem. On 7-ke it was, on XP - it was. On 8-ke it’s rare, there are troubles there (... driver 3600 doesn`t support windows 8 and threads on the Intel forum, because they are not compatible with soldering, and type BSODs rarely appear ...). On Linux, depending on the window system. Unite, Gnome 3, KDE 4.X is better not to install. On Mate there were more minor bugs than such hangs, on LXDE (rat) the system flies.

Shorh A half gig eats a clean 7-ka (with a normal prog manager, not a native one). Need to tweak. There are a lot of guides on the Internet how to make old games work even under Linux, not only 7-ke. And, most importantly, they work well).

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/12/19, 20:43