5677 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Sound quality in modern communicators / phones | In this topic, we will discuss the sound quality.
NITROUSPEED
Message#1
22.03.12, 11:35
Dancing with the dead
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 3682
Check in: 17.07.09
Oneplus 5 6/64

Sound quality

Attached Image

About the topic
It has been a long time since the phones began to crowd out the players, a couple of years ago, smartphones were able to with primary-class players (Cowon, Sony, Iriver) the sound quality and output power left much to be desired for a long time, now the manufacturers finally felt the same vein in the world of audio, by which they are now making their way. The sound and emphasis on sound have become an integral part of every flagship device, full-fledged adult DACs, a powerful amplifier circuit, capacitors, precision modern clock smartphones, full isolation from interference and interference, and much more, modern music smartphones of the flagship class confidently left behind such players as Cowon, Sony, iRiver and can compete on equal terms with the initial hi fi players Fiio X3 / ibasso DX50 then surpass these devices.
In order for newcomers to know the decoding of abbreviations, I will explain the following:SOSH - Signal to Noise Ratio(the higher this parameter is, the better and better the DAC converts the sound, for example, the Wolfson WM8994 to SGS1 has 100DB of secondary and the WCD9310 to HTC One and 110DB of secondary)
Output power - Amplifier's ability to pull more demanding and full-sized headphones, the more powerful the amplifier, the more power reserve and better sound you will end up with + compatibility with a large number of headphones.

Archive of outdated models
So let's find out which headphones play better with which headphones.
I believe that the good sound quality of the following models:

Samsung download

- Galaxy S / Wave / Galaxy SIII / Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy R / Galaxy S4 / Galaxy Note 3
Of the Galaxy lineup, the Galaxy S1 i9000 is the most outstanding, and on board, by today's standards, is not the most advanced and very old Wolfson WM8994 DAC (4 Channel DAC, 100dB SOS), but still capable of producing good sound, tuned using Voodoo Sound.
HTC- One S / Sensation / Rezound / Radar / Mozart / Butterfly / One / Butterfly S
From HTC, the most outstanding, I would call the HTC One S / Butterfly S / HTC One - all three have on board a WCD9310 (8 Channel DAC, 110Db SOSH) excellent by today's standards + a couple of amplifiers from Texas Instruments (TPA6130A / OPA2064) and Maxx ( 9877), tuned with Project Era, or custom kernels, I want to mention separately HTC Butterfly S - for a smartphone it has just phenomenal output power (and excellent sound) which, coupled with the project era tuning, is able to ensure normal operation of full-sized headphones of almost any resistance.
LG- LG Optimus 2X / LG Optimus 3D, LG Optimus G / LG Nexus 4
The LG Optimus 2X also has a wolfson WM8994 onboard and is supported by the voodoo sound project.
Motorola- Droid Razr / Atrix 4G / Atrix 2 / Droid 3 / Moto X / Moto G
Sony- Xperia X / Xperia Play / Neo / Arc S / Live With Walkman / Xperia Neo / Xperia V / Xperia Z
Apple- Iphone 4 / 4S, Iphone 5 / 5S
By itself, the iphone is a pioneer in the mobile audio segment, along with nokia n91 at one time there were 2 best phones that are not inferior in sound to good players, use Cirrus Logic DACs that are not tuned.
BBK- Vivo X1, I want to give it special attention because this is the first smartphone in the world using a stationary DAC Cirrus Logic CS4398 + SRC The Klok CS8422 which, for example, stands in the top hifi player of Colorful Cololrfly C4 Pro at the price of $ 1000, the older brother BBK Vivo Xplay also came out with additional amplifier BurrBrown OPA2604.
BBK Vivo Xshot is also equipped with a CS4398 DAC and Maxim Maxx97220 amplifier (125mW output power) + a dedicated TI TLW320 ADC (it is needed for better sound recording during video recording, for better sound recording of a voice recorder)
Meizu- MX2, MX4 Core / Meizu MX3 - separately about it, this is probably the best budget option if you need a powerful combine with excellent technical characteristics and stunning sound, besides headphone output power is definitely one of the flagships in the world of smartphone sound, capable without problems Bleed full-size headphones, equipped with a Wolfson WM5102 DAC (108dB SSH).
Oppo- Clover R815 - Also a great option, with more modest characteristics than the MX3, but equipped with a good BurrBrown PCM5101A DAC (106dB Secondary School) and a dedicated SMT Electronics amplifier. - A full replacement for Cowon players and even more so for ipod for such a price.
TCL Idol X +- Smartphone with saber ES9018 DAC (130db SOSH) and Maxim 9720 amplifier (50mW direction Amp)

P.S - I use headphones Fisher audio consonance and Audio technica ATH M50, and what are you? : rolleyes: It is advisable to write about the model of the headphones used, and personal impressions of the sound quality, I think among ordinary models there are worthy of sound, I beg you to unsubscribe about the impressions :) Just write what kind of software to use for listening - various players like PowerAMP / Winamp and which format you prefer, individual accessories are also welcome, for example, I sometimes use a portable Fiio E7 amplifier (Previously E6), some people use LOD cables and other peripherals connected to Line Out.
Among the models of digital-analog converters in smartphones, there are such models as - Wolfson WM8994 (100dB SS), WM8994E (100dB SS), WM1811 (100dB SS), WM8903 (96dB SS), WM8958 (100dB SS), WM8960 (98dB SS), Wolfson WM5102 (108 dB for 44.1khz / 113dB for 48khz SOSH).
Texas Instruments AIC3254 (100dB Secondary School), AIC3008, TLW6040 (100dB Secondary School).
CS4322 (Mostly for Iphone, ipod.100-105dB SOSH)
CS4398 (120dB) + CS8442 SRC upsampler (Exotic in BBK Vivo X1)
Qualcomm WCD9310 (110dB for 44.1khz / 115dB for 48khz SOSH) + WCD9304 SRC Upsampler / Qualcomm WCD9320 (SOSH is higher than in WCD9310 but the numbers are not known.)

From tanks and amplifiers to smartphones, amplifiers from texas instruments of the TPA, TDA, analog devices, MAXX 9877 series (and others from this series) are most often placed because of their low power consumption and high power and signal-to-noise ratio.

Rules of communication
Rules section "Technotrepalka":
1.3 Tech Trap is not a place forflooding. We have, after all, a technical bias. For this there is a section "Breaker.
1.4 Since the message counter in our section is enabled, philosophizing can be interpreted as cheating posts. And punished accordingly.
1.5 Frankly typing messages, in order to collect a certain number of posts, will entail punishment!
Section moderators

Why was my message deleted?
Friends, we all want our topic to be as informative as possible, and, at the same time, concise - there were no messages in it that had no practical value for the rest of the forum participants or newcomers.
Therefore:
1. Messages are not on the topic of discussion (technical characteristics and features of the operation of devices) - will be deleted.
2. Messages that do not carry any meaning, and consist of monosyllabic statements: “Good!”, “I'll try!”, “When?”, “Where?” - will be deleted.
3. Messages with words of gratitude will be deleted.

In order to express your gratitude, follow the Forum Rules:
5. Promotion System .
5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.
5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.

The forum is a public place. Before addressing a particular person in a general topic, and not through a personal messaging system or QMS, think - will your message be interesting for other forum participants or will it just take up space?

Output power table
The output power parameter table (in volts, more is better, more powerful and more headroom, as well as the ability to pull more tight high-impedance headphones.
Attached Image

Additional Information
Table of smartphones with dedicated audio (Head Fi)
Attached Image

Reviews forums about headphones
Post with reviews of members of the forum about smartphones and players

About DAC player

Post has been editedwandererbk - 12.12.18, 12:41
Reason for editing: About the DAC in the player
NITROUSPEED
Message#42
23.03.12, 22:48
Dancing with the dead
[offline]

Messages 3682
Oneplus 5 6/64

vladislav1992
It seems the problem is that the Yamaha DAC does not have open-source drivers, and if they were, the sound quality would jump very much, and on the 4th android, the sound on all devices is noticeably better, in general, the same Windows Phone players drivers and software :) and the DAC is such a peripheral that it can be supplied separately

P.S - Bits only for electro, turnip, drama and club fits well, I am a fan of rock and metal and I didn’t like beats, I usually listen to just headphones or with an amplifier on the low-frequency LF gain mode :)

Posted on 03/23/2012, 10:48 PM:

Stab29,
By the way, from Voodoo, there is a lot of sense? I listened to LG O2X and did not notice the difference in sound between Evik, but he didn’t stand for Voodoo, no matter how much he advised, the girlfriend didn’t agree to root and sound enhancement) I will put voodoo and will raise my brother to my music: lol:

Post has been editedNITROUSPEED - 23.03.12, 22:46

--------------------
Fiio X5 III GEN + Audio technica ATH M50s+ Fisher audio consonance
AsusZenFone 2 ML550, Now Powered By Meizu PRO 5
vladislav1992
Message#43
23.03.12, 22:57
Local
[offline]

Messages 106
Check in: 15.11.08
Xiaomi Mi Mix 6/256

NITROUSPEED @ 03/23/2012, 11:48 PM*
It seems the problem is that the Yamaha DAC does not have open-source drivers, and if they were, the sound quality would jump very much, and on the 4th android, the sound on all devices is noticeably better, in general, the same Windows devices play not least thanks to high-quality drivers and software, and even the DAC - such peripherals that it can be supplied separately

rather, this is a Samsung problem, why would they have to install the driver so that it overlaps any other software improvements? but yes, the sound changes dramatically in the firmware
P.S - Bits only for electro, rap, drama and club fits well, I am a rock and metal lover and I didn’t like beats, I usually just listen to headphones or with an amp on low-frequency LF

I do not quite agree, many of the rock in the "C" shaped equalizer are listened to, but for everyone a matter of taste
stati from voodoo is very big sense

great, there from the purity of the sound to all sorts of different fun
StarScrim
Message#44
23.03.12, 23:01
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 770
Check in: 19.12.11
Honor 10

I listen to music in the player, or rather even the Samsung Galaxy S wifi 4 PDA with the SoundAlive DAC. I really like the sound. Especially with third-party players such as TTPOD. And I use headphones Sennheiser CX300-II. Great headphones. : happy:

--------------------
Well, yes, F1 will help you, and F2 will save you, in the name of Control, Alt, and holy Delete. Enter.
I would change the world, but God does not give the source ...
活 到 老, 学到 老
NITROUSPEED
Message#45
23.03.12, 23:07
Dancing with the dead
[offline]

Messages 3682
Oneplus 5 6/64

vladislav1992
This is good :) Just some people write that there is talk of others and others that it is almost absent or not at all.
I do not quite agree, many of the rock in the "C" shaped equalizer are listened to, but for everyone a matter of taste
I agree, I raise a little bit of the bass in the outsiders and if through the stock without the CPC ... I used to listen to pops more often, probably they are scolded mostly because of the CPC: lol: without improvers, the device sounds good, they even say that the engine sound good

Posted on 03/23/2012, 11:07 PM:

StarScrim,
Good headphones, I want to buy these myself or reinforcement ones, it's just not always convenient with overhead

--------------------
vladislav1992
Message#46
23.03.12, 23:09
Local
[offline]

Messages 106
Xiaomi Mi Mix 6/256

I listen to music in the player, or rather even the Samsung Galaxy S wifi 4 PDA with the SoundAlive DAC. I really like the sound. Especially with third-party players such as TTPOD. And I use headphones Sennheiser CX300-II. Great headphones.

good headphones, but they have a slightly overpriced price

I agree, I slightly raise the bass in the third-party and if through the stock it is without the CPC ... I used to listen to pops more often, probably they scold mostly because of the CPC without improvers, the device sounds good, they even say that the sound is good

hts scolded for inflated medium and small drawdowns in bass, but the middle sounds good

Good headphones, I want to buy these myself or reinforcement ones, it's just not always convenient with overhead

I do not advise, for this price you can better find

Post has been editedvladislav1992 - 23.03.12, 23:12
NITROUSPEED
Message#47
23.03.12, 23:32
Dancing with the dead
[offline]

Messages 3682
Oneplus 5 6/64

vladislav1992
Well, I'm going to take some reinforcement, with an impedance of about 32-48 ohms: rolleyes: no more than 2.5 thousand at the price

--------------------
Alex_DFR
Message#48
24.03.12, 00:32
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 752
Check in: 17.05.07
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Exynos

It seems the problem is that the Yamaha DAC does not have open-source drivers, and if they were, the sound quality would jump very much, and on the 4th android, the sound on all devices is noticeably better, in general, the same Windows devices play not least thanks to high-quality drivers and software, and even the DAC - such peripherals that it can be supplied separately

You at least got acquainted with the subject area. The drivers, of course, are open source - for the linux kernel drivers, and the Samsung source code cannot be closed thanks to the GPL (although this driver is 300 kilobytes ad code in which it’s impossible to drown). Another thing is that in wm8994 * the hardware * filter (equalizer) can be configured, because the codec registers are known, and in the pits it is ruled by the driver outside the kernel, and the supercurio was too lazy to pick it up. In principle, by adjusting the hardware filter, it was possible to correct its transfer function (achh).

--------------------
Sony Xperia Z [CM11], Apple Macbook Pro Retina 2012
GIT d- s a-- c ++ UL P ---! J --- L ++++ E --- W- N O? K? w --- o? V PS + PE Y + PGP ++ t +? 5 X ++ R *! tv b ++ DI ++ D ++ G ++ e * h +
I can do linux, u-boot, drivers, embedded, opengl, dsp, cuda, that's all
NITROUSPEED
Message#49
24.03.12, 10:16
Dancing with the dead
[offline]

Messages 3682
Oneplus 5 6/64

Alex_DFR,
I just assumed, I just think that in itself the Yamaha is probably even better than Wolfson (since they have installed the flagship SGS2), but with what they have spoiled it

--------------------
Stab29
Message#50
24.03.12, 10:19
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 456
Check in: 16.08.11
Oneplus 5 8/128

NITROUSPEED,
Voodoo gives more customization options, lets you set the volume to the hardware maximum (it’s convenient to use high-impedance headphones in the metro). Very well implemented feature bass Boost, and hardware. There are some functions, but did not go into details. Works - do not touch) In general, must have.

--------------------
NITROUSPEED
Message#51
24.03.12, 10:22
Dancing with the dead
[offline]

Messages 3682
Oneplus 5 6/64

Stab29,
There seems to be some sort of 3D surround there or something like that in voodoo :)

--------------------
Stab29
Message#52
24.03.12, 10:36
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 456
Check in: 16.08.11
Oneplus 5 8/128

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Here are all the voodoo sound settings. Submenu I think everything is clear
PS:
we will buy the younger summer Optimus 2X

would not advise taking this ski. Results from GLBENCH:tyts

Post has been editedStab29 - 24.03.12, 10:46

--------------------
StarScrim
Message#53
24.03.12, 11:22
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 770
Check in: 19.12.11
Honor 10

NITROUSPEED

Get it. It seemed to me that in their price category they are very good.
vladislav1992
good headphones, but they have a slightly overpriced price

But these Sennheiser are worth the price. But do not compare them with expensive headphones. And these headphones are very demanding on the quality of compositions and sound source.
At first, I didn’t want to take Sennheiser after listening to Sennheiser CX200 Street headphones. The sound did not like. Yes, and design too. But in the communications salon, in which I chose the headphones, there was nothing else particularly. Sennheiser CX300-II I immediately looked at the price and for the price. But he was afraid to buy a cat in a bag. And then, when I printed them, I was very happy. Pleased with ergonomics. So small, inconspicuous and light. At first I thought that after the design and sound of the Jabra Rhytm that I had, I would not like anything. But these pleasantly surprised me. From the sound I immediately had impressions: blink :: dancer :: blink:

Post has been editedStarScrim - 24.03.12, 11:22

--------------------
Well, yes, F1 will help you, and F2 will save you, in the name of Control, Alt, and holy Delete. Enter.
I would change the world, but God does not give the source ...
活 到 老, 学到 老
vladislav1992
Message#54
24.03.12, 12:11
Local
[offline]

Messages 106
Xiaomi Mi Mix 6/256

But these Sennheiser are worth the price. But do not compare them with expensive headphones. And these headphones are very demanding on the quality of compositions and sound source.

in fact, for its price it is not very, why? Their bass is sluggish, it is percussive, but the constant component is chewing, that is, the bass guitar doesn’t sound on them, the high ones are quite good, but they are quite numerous, because of the recession in the middle they sound dry, they still like to creak on some vocals , but for the "gags" quite well, the Russian price is too high (1.5k-2k), if you start from this price, then they are not very, for this price, even every Chinese junk sounds at the Beats level
NITROUSPEED
Message#55
24.03.12, 12:46
Dancing with the dead
[offline]

Messages 3682
Oneplus 5 6/64

Stab29,
Mmm the fact that anti jitter is already very good: rolleyes:
would not advise taking this ski. Results from GLBENCH
Yes, we do not need a particularly powerful one, the child is only 11 years old, for the most part we take for the stimulus (to study well)
Yes, and he is intelligent, already understands all this, is not lost :) still thought to take Desire HD, between these two and choose

--------------------
NITROUSPEED
Message#56
24.03.12, 14:59
Dancing with the dead
[offline]

Messages 3682
Oneplus 5 6/64

On the GSM Arena SGS Note, they are very praised by the sound, apparently the larger size allowed us to deliver a more powerful amplifier and better power supply wiring :) or the software quality so improved compared to SGS2 :)

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedNITROUSPEED - 24.03.12, 15:00

--------------------
vladislav1992
Message#57
24.03.12, 15:48
Local
[offline]

Messages 106
Xiaomi Mi Mix 6/256

On the GSM Arena SGS Note, they are very praised by the sound, apparently the larger size allowed us to deliver a more powerful amplifier and better power distribution or so improved the sound quality compared to the SGS2

Strange, they wrote that it was the same, or again tricks with firewood from the Samsung)
NITROUSPEED
Message#58
24.03.12, 17:26
Dancing with the dead
[offline]

Messages 3682
Oneplus 5 6/64

vladislav1992
Perhaps :) on the fourth android situation will be even better in terms of sound.

P.S - Lumia 800, as I understand it, has some kind of bug with sound, which makes it very bad there, but it seems to be a software problem, but the Nokia 5130 seems to be the leader in sound among Finnish devices, even as it became interesting :)

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedNITROUSPEED - 24.03.12, 17:29

--------------------
NITROUSPEED
Message#59
24.03.12, 17:44
Dancing with the dead
[offline]

Messages 3682
Oneplus 5 6/64

And now the reviews from GSM Arena about the sound quality :)
HTCSensation "Excellent audio output

The HTC feel is one of the best droids in terms of sound quality output. Loud and clear, the smartphone is basically ideal when working with an external amplifier (for example, car audio or home stereo).

And the good news is that these things remain quite impressive, even if you plug in headphones. Intermodulation distortion is only part of its job to go below average, while stereo crosstalk and frequency characteristics take only minor hits. Unfortunately, the volume decreases with headphones, but this is not so bad in fact.

And here are the results, so you can see for yourself. "

SamsungGalaxy Note "Excellent audio output

Not surprisingly, the Samsung Galaxy Note passed our sound quality test with honor. He could not beat the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, but it was better than all the other Samsung devices we tested.

As you can see there is nothing to grimace when in the galaxy the note is associated with an active external amplifier. We were somewhat surprised by the low volume levels, but the output could not be cleaner.

We were also pleased to know that there is only a slight degradation when the headphones are attached. The cross reading stereo took the biggest hit, but the intermodulation distortions of the frequency response remained very good earing excellent overall rating.

Pay attention to the table and look at yourself. "

LGOptimus 2X "Average sound quality

LG Optimus 2X did very much in the first part of our test of sound quality. When connected to an external amplifier, the phone impresses with a very accurate audio output. All readings in this case are large, and if it were not for the volume, which is only average, we would say that this is one of the best on the market.

When headphones come in, however, the stereo jamming takes a serious hit too - it will be relegated from excellent to one of the worst we have seen. At least the rest of the readings, as well as the volume levels have almost no effect, which is a kind of comfort. Nevertheless, we did not rate all Optimus 2X higher than the average for this.

You have to keep in mind, we have preliminary versions of the equipment on our hands, so that everything can be improved with retail units. We, of course, saw what happened before.

We re-launched our sound quality test on the retail segment we recently received. Unfortunately, it's on the same level as before, so you really need to take things as they are. "

P.S - Optimus sound quality is easily treated by installing voodoo sound, although it plays well without it.

Post has been editedNITROUSPEED - 24.03.12, 17:45

--------------------
Proxrx
Message#60
24.03.12, 22:27
Local
[offline]

Messages 201
Check in: 05.09.11
Samsung Galaxy S9 Exynos

Stab29,
"I wouldn’t advise you to take this ski. Results from Gbench: tyts"
---------------------------
as long as you use luzerskaya synthetics, I calmly play any game without brakes, watch the smooth and responsive interface of the droid, listen to music in excellent quality, and also proud that I took a stylish ski, and not one of the same miscarriages of a vile mega-corporation)) )

It is worth voodoo, the sound is excellent, nothing has gotten better yet.

Posted on 03/24/2012, 10:27 PM:

NITROUSPEED,
By the way, maybe I misunderstood, but arenas were lohanus.
That's just the level of the speakers is not enough, and the headphone swings decently. quality is about equal.

--------------------
SE Z530 ->SE W300 ->Nokia 7373 ->LG KE800 ->Nokia 6555 ->SE W580 ->LG P500 ->LG P990 ->Samsung S2->Nokia Lumia 720->NEXUS-4 ->Samsung S4->lenovo K900->Lenovo p70->Huawei GR5->Galaxy S5 duos->Galaxy Note4->Galaxy S7 edge->Galaxy S9->Galaxy S10
NITROUSPEED
Message#61
24.03.12, 22:28
Dancing with the dead
[offline]

Messages 3682
Oneplus 5 6/64

Proxrx
Without Voodoo, the sound of LG is exactly the same as that of HTC, tobish so great :) you need to listen to voodoo

--------------------

5677 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/01/19 20:01