5821 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Sound quality in modern communicators / phones | In this topic, we will discuss the sound quality.
NITROUSPEED
Message#1
22.03.12, 11:35
Dancing with the dead
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 3682
Check in: 17.07.09
Oneplus 5 6/64

Sound quality

Attached Image

About the topic
It has been a long time since the phones began to crowd out the players, a couple of years ago, smartphones were able to with primary-class players (Cowon, Sony, Iriver) the sound quality and output power left much to be desired for a long time, now the manufacturers finally felt the same vein in the world of audio, by which they are now making their way. The sound and emphasis on sound have become an integral part of every flagship device, full-fledged adult DACs, a powerful amplifier circuit, capacitors, precision modern clock smartphones, full isolation from interference and interference, and much more, modern music smartphones of the flagship class confidently left behind such players as Cowon, Sony, iRiver and can compete on equal terms with the initial hi fi players Fiio X3 / ibasso DX50 then surpass these devices.
In order for newcomers to know the decoding of abbreviations, I will explain the following:SOSH - Signal to Noise Ratio(the higher this parameter is, the better and better the DAC converts the sound, for example, the Wolfson WM8994 to SGS1 has 100DB of secondary and the WCD9310 to HTC One and 110DB of secondary)
Output power - Amplifier's ability to pull more demanding and full-sized headphones, the more powerful the amplifier, the more power reserve and better sound you will end up with + compatibility with a large number of headphones.

Archive of outdated models
So let's find out which headphones play better with which headphones.
I believe that the good sound quality of the following models:

Samsung download

- Galaxy S / Wave / Galaxy SIII / Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy R / Galaxy S4 / Galaxy Note 3
Of the Galaxy lineup, the Galaxy S1 i9000 is the most outstanding, and on board, by today's standards, is not the most advanced and very old Wolfson WM8994 DAC (4 Channel DAC, 100dB SOS), but still capable of producing good sound, tuned using Voodoo Sound.
HTC- One S / Sensation / Rezound / Radar / Mozart / Butterfly / One / Butterfly S
From HTC, the most outstanding, I would call the HTC One S / Butterfly S / HTC One - all three have on board a WCD9310 (8 Channel DAC, 110Db SOSH) excellent by today's standards + a couple of amplifiers from Texas Instruments (TPA6130A / OPA2064) and Maxx ( 9877), tuned with Project Era, or custom kernels, I want to mention separately HTC Butterfly S - for a smartphone it has just phenomenal output power (and excellent sound) which, coupled with the project era tuning, is able to ensure normal operation of full-sized headphones of almost any resistance.
LG- LG Optimus 2X / LG Optimus 3D, LG Optimus G / LG Nexus 4
The LG Optimus 2X also has a wolfson WM8994 onboard and is supported by the voodoo sound project.
Motorola- Droid Razr / Atrix 4G / Atrix 2 / Droid 3 / Moto X / Moto G
Sony- Xperia X / Xperia Play / Neo / Arc S / Live With Walkman / Xperia Neo / Xperia V / Xperia Z
Apple- Iphone 4 / 4S, Iphone 5 / 5S
By itself, the iphone is a pioneer in the mobile audio segment, along with nokia n91 at one time there were 2 best phones that are not inferior in sound to good players, use Cirrus Logic DACs that are not tuned.
BBK- Vivo X1, I want to give it special attention because this is the first smartphone in the world using a stationary DAC Cirrus Logic CS4398 + SRC The Klok CS8422 which, for example, stands in the top hifi player of Colorful Cololrfly C4 Pro at the price of $ 1000, the older brother BBK Vivo Xplay also came out with additional amplifier BurrBrown OPA2604.
BBK Vivo Xshot is also equipped with a CS4398 DAC and Maxim Maxx97220 amplifier (125mW output power) + a dedicated TI TLW320 ADC (it is needed for better sound recording during video recording, for better sound recording of a voice recorder)
Meizu- MX2, MX4 Core / Meizu MX3 - separately about it, this is probably the best budget option if you need a powerful combine with excellent technical characteristics and stunning sound, besides headphone output power is definitely one of the flagships in the world of smartphone sound, capable without problems Bleed full-size headphones, equipped with a Wolfson WM5102 DAC (108dB SSH).
Oppo- Clover R815 - Also a great option, with more modest characteristics than the MX3, but equipped with a good BurrBrown PCM5101A DAC (106dB Secondary School) and a dedicated SMT Electronics amplifier. - A full replacement for Cowon players and even more so for ipod for such a price.
TCL Idol X +- Smartphone with saber ES9018 DAC (130db SOSH) and Maxim 9720 amplifier (50mW direction Amp)

P.S - I use headphones Fisher audio consonance and Audio technica ATH M50, and what are you? : rolleyes: It is advisable to write about the model of the headphones used, and personal impressions of the sound quality, I think among ordinary models there are worthy of sound, I beg you to unsubscribe about the impressions :) Just write what kind of software to use for listening - various players like PowerAMP / Winamp and which format you prefer, individual accessories are also welcome, for example, I sometimes use a portable Fiio E7 amplifier (Previously E6), some people use LOD cables and other peripherals connected to Line Out.
Among the models of digital-analog converters in smartphones, there are such models as - Wolfson WM8994 (100dB SS), WM8994E (100dB SS), WM1811 (100dB SS), WM8903 (96dB SS), WM8958 (100dB SS), WM8960 (98dB SS), Wolfson WM5102 (108 dB for 44.1khz / 113dB for 48khz SOSH).
Texas Instruments AIC3254 (100dB Secondary School), AIC3008, TLW6040 (100dB Secondary School).
CS4322 (Mostly for Iphone, ipod.100-105dB SOSH)
CS4398 (120dB) + CS8442 SRC upsampler (Exotic in BBK Vivo X1)
Qualcomm WCD9310 (110dB for 44.1khz / 115dB for 48khz SOSH) + WCD9304 SRC Upsampler / Qualcomm WCD9320 (SOSH is higher than in WCD9310 but the numbers are not known.)

From tanks and amplifiers to smartphones, amplifiers from texas instruments of the TPA, TDA, analog devices, MAXX 9877 series (and others from this series) are most often placed because of their low power consumption and high power and signal-to-noise ratio.

Rules of communication
Rules section "Technotrepalka":
1.3 Tech Trap is not a place forflooding. We have, after all, a technical bias. For this there is a section "Breaker�.
1.4 Since the message counter in our section is enabled, philosophizing can be interpreted as cheating posts. And punished accordingly.
1.5 Frankly typing messages, in order to collect a certain number of posts, will entail punishment!
Section moderators

Why was my message deleted?
Friends, we all want our topic to be as informative as possible, and, at the same time, concise - there were no messages in it that had no practical value for the rest of the forum participants or newcomers.
Therefore:
1. Messages are not on the topic of discussion (technical characteristics and features of the operation of devices) - will be deleted.
2. Messages that do not carry any meaning, and consist of monosyllabic statements: “Good!”, “I'll try!”, “When?”, “Where?” - will be deleted.
3. Messages with words of gratitude will be deleted.

In order to express your gratitude, follow the Forum Rules:
5. Promotion System .
5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.
5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.

The forum is a public place. Before addressing a particular person in a general topic, and not through a personal messaging system or QMS, think - will your message be interesting for other forum participants or will it just take up space?

Output power table
The output power parameter table (in volts, more is better, more powerful and more headroom, as well as the ability to pull more tight high-impedance headphones.
Attached Image

Additional Information
Table of smartphones with dedicated audio (Head Fi)
Attached Image

Reviews forums about headphones
Post with reviews of members of the forum about smartphones and players

About DAC player

Post has been editedwandererbk - 12.12.18, 12:41
Reason for editing: About the DAC in the player
henrybp
Message#22
22.03.12, 20:54
Local
[offline]

Messages 277
Check in: 15.09.08
Motorola RAZR V3i

In the SGS2 stands Yamaha, and in vain. In the GHS1 was Wolfsen - an order of magnitude better. I do not know about amplifiers - but it seems that there is a saving here too.
musickor
Message#23
22.03.12, 20:57
Local
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 142
Check in: 25.04.11
Apple iPad mini Retina

I do not exclude that there are devices for android sounding comparable to devices
As for comparing the sound quality through the speakers, I think this way the sound quality cannot be distinguished ... we need good headphones to evaluate the sound quality
By the way, on the iPod, I noticed that when charging in headphones, hissing: (

--------------------
henrybp
Message#24
22.03.12, 20:57
Local
[offline]

Messages 277
Motorola RAZR V3i

Now I listen to music exclusively on HTC Mozart - a regular player. At SGS2 I tried a bunch of players - nobody managed to fix the iron.
Stasmar
Message#25
22.03.12, 20:59
Local
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 305
Check in: 11.12.11
LG Optimus 2X

On the forum in comparison, more sincere look good reviews about lg o2x ..
I listen to a Sony wireless player - I don’t like wires, and it’s more convenient to do sports and wiring in wires, I think the sound is distorted in the wires ..
But movies on 2 superbl .. like in a movie theater ..

--------------------
there must be some kind of hobby - let it be smartphones ..
not cigarettes and vodka ..
NITROUSPEED
Message#26
22.03.12, 20:59
Dancing with the dead
[offline]

Messages 3682
Oneplus 5 6/64

henrybp
Although Mozart has the same processor as the HTC HD2, but the sound peripherals are strikingly different in favor of Mozart (they clearly use a good DAC, unlike the HTC HD2), I remember the sound of HD2 - it was a long time with him, it certainly is better than any musical and simple sony ericson wolfman but was also not ice: rolleyes:

--------------------
Fiio X5 III GEN + Audio technica ATH M50s+ Fisher audio consonance
AsusZenFone 2 ML550, Now Powered By Meizu PRO 5
henrybp
Message#27
22.03.12, 21:00
Local
[offline]

Messages 277
Motorola RAZR V3i

Stasmar @ 03/22/2012, 9:59 PM*
I think in the wires the sound is distorted ..

strong. Maybe the amplifiers in the wireless headset are just better?
NITROUSPEED
Message#28
22.03.12, 21:05
Dancing with the dead
[offline]

Messages 3682
Oneplus 5 6/64

Stasmar,
Many people think the opposite :) good wires from oxygen-free copper with a gold-plated plug will greatly improve the sound quality compared to wireless headphones, but if the wireless headphones have a good amplifier then the sound quality will be one level with wired but this is rare, it is still important that the headphones do not have volume control (this mini amplifier in fact also gives distortion) and at one time buying AKG K430 I lost a little bit with them (wires from oxygen-free copper, neodymium magnets, gold-plated plug) From has a volume control, I will take the following headphones without it, by the way the headphones are good: yes2:

P.S - this is it! Watching movies with 5.1 sound turned on is a real pleasure, if in music any improvers give distortions that are not very pleasant, then in watching movies this is the very thing :)

Post has been editedNITROUSPEED - 22.03.12, 22:16

--------------------
Stab29
Message#29
23.03.12, 20:36
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 456
Check in: 16.08.11
Oneplus 5 8/128

I don’t understand what is so good about HTC Sensation XE
Attached Image

Tipo chip bits audio? Driven bottoms and top by default? As a result, all the songs with vocals soundhow shitNot really
IMHO in androids so far no one has surpassed SGS
Attached Image

and so agree withPtyshke. Personally, I prefer to use a separate player with mechanical buttons. As a result, the sound remains only in the films.

Post has been editedStab29 - 23.03.12, 20:48

--------------------
henrybp
Message#30
23.03.12, 20:40
Local
[offline]

Messages 277
Motorola RAZR V3i

I agree, the SGS1 is not bad at all. But why Samsung made an outsider from SGS2 - I can not understand.
Stab29
Message#31
23.03.12, 20:45
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 456
Oneplus 5 8/128

henrybpperhaps Wolfson has its own policy. Or there were hard problems with exinos

--------------------
henrybp
Message#32
23.03.12, 20:47
Local
[offline]

Messages 277
Motorola RAZR V3i

Stab29,
Everything is possible, but the result was bad.
vladislav1992
Message#33
23.03.12, 20:55
Local
[offline]

Messages 106
Check in: 15.11.08
Xiaomi Mi Mix 6/256

Stasmar @ 03/22/2012, 9:59 PM*
I think in the wires the sound is distorted ..

It still needs to be found with a normal DAC, it seems to be not so easy
Stab29 @ 03/23/2012, 9:36 PM*
I don’t understand what is so good about HTC Sensation XE

This is the same sensation with gadgets, this chart is made artificially, many people like (from ordinary people) C-shaped sound.
NITROUSPEED @ 03/22/2012, 9:59 PM*
better than any musical

they have good models, but in general, there are also a lot of vypendrezha with these lotions

henrybp @ 03/22/2012, 9:35 PM*
Yes, everything is simple - in SGS2 either an amp, or the power is not normal. It is necessary to load on real headphones - everything is distorted.

This is generally a strange device on the sound side, every firmware changes something, then louder, then quieter, then “dries up”, then on the contrary, there are special effects. I did not try to load 32 ohm headphones, 16 pulls medium, at maximum volume it hurts to listen (loudly strongly). I still prefer the player, not chic, but with my ears go
Musickor @ 03/22/2012, 9:57 PM*
By the way, on the iPod, I noticed that when charging with headphones, hissing

cant in the scheme
Stab29 @ 03/23/2012, 9:36 PM*
IMHO in androids so far no one has surpassed SGS

we are just looking at it, you can look at the table with distortions, noise, penetration, etc.
henrybp
Message#34
23.03.12, 20:57
Local
[offline]

Messages 277
Motorola RAZR V3i

SGS2 + 32 ohms - shuts up.
Alex_DFR
Message#35
23.03.12, 21:16
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 752
Check in: 17.05.07
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Exynos

Vladislav1992 @ 03/23/2012, 9:55 PM*
This is generally a strange device on the sound side, every firmware changes something, then louder, then quieter, then “dries up”, then on the contrary, there are special effects. I did not try to load 32 ohm headphones, 16 pulls medium, at maximum volume it hurts to listen (loudly strongly). I still prefer the player, not chic, but with my ears go

I have 60 Ohm headphones (porta pro). In principle, the volume is enough (we should not forget about such a parameter as sensitivity), I already mentioned the sound quality - it is subjectively slightly worse than in the tablet and the ancient PDA, it is somewhat flat (which is not surprising because of the frequency fluctuations at high frequencies ), but my inexperienced rumor lacks a software equalizer to improve the situation.

--------------------
Sony Xperia Z [CM11], Apple Macbook Pro Retina 2012
GIT d- s a-- c ++ UL P ---! J --- L ++++ E --- W- N O? K? w --- o? V PS + PE Y + PGP ++ t +? 5 X ++ R *! tv b ++ DI ++ D ++ G ++ e * h +
I can do linux, u-boot, drivers, embedded, opengl, dsp, cuda, that's all
vladislav1992
Message#36
23.03.12, 21:22
Local
[offline]

Messages 106
Xiaomi Mi Mix 6/256

Alex_DFR @ 03/23/2012, 10:16 PM*
I have 60 Ohm headphones (porta pro). In principle, the volume is enough (we should not forget about such a parameter as sensitivity), I already mentioned the sound quality - it is subjectively slightly worse than in the tablet and the ancient PDA, it is somewhat flat (which is not surprising because of the frequency fluctuations at high frequencies ), but my inexperienced rumor lacks a software equalizer to improve the situation.

I heard that on some cores there are different tweaks + combining with dsp manager, no one tried it?
NITROUSPEED
Message#37
23.03.12, 22:18
Dancing with the dead
[offline]

Messages 3682
Oneplus 5 6/64

Stab29,
Yes, the schedule is exactly the same with the beat, the gsm arena said that they can’t turn off the beat because of what this ass is with the result, for frequency and electric music this frequency response is different, but not for other genres
vladislav1992
they have good models, but in general, there are also a lot of vypendrezha with these lotions
What exactly? I just don’t make sense in music very well, especially in music, it was 5310/3250 / N91, now 3250 is still wondering, 5310 at my uncle’s wife, and the N91 died quietly, I forgot the sound n91 but here 3250 and 5310 recently listened , and indeed ... communicators have advanced very far in sound over the past couple of years, the difference sometimes strikes: yes2: of course, the Colrfly CK4 or the audiophile Teklast T51 is still far off, but progress is obvious.

I heard that on some cores there are different tweaks + combining with dsp manager, no one tried it?
I tried a tweak with increased volume and a chipboard manager, a long time ago, but if you set it up correctly for yourself (and I’ve been busy for about 50 minutes carefully listening to the sound on each track in between), then almost any flagship device will play with it, on some cores tweaks kosyachnye and at max. volumes you can hear a strong sound stuttering

Posted on 03/23/2012, 10:18 PM:

Here for example the frequency response Nokia 5800
And the sound is completely different ... very bad

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedNITROUSPEED - 23.03.12, 22:17

--------------------
vladislav1992
Message#38
23.03.12, 22:34
Local
[offline]

Messages 106
Xiaomi Mi Mix 6/256

NITROUSPEED @ 03/23/2012, 11:18 PM*
And the sound is completely different ... very bad

It is not necessary to take into account only the frequency response, but in general the sound is average at 5800 (for the moment of release), but these 3D effects and this “trademark” echo immediately scared me away. I liked the sound of the windshield devices
NITROUSPEED @ 03/23/2012, 11:18 PM*
I tried a tweak with increased volume and a chipboard manager, a long time ago, but if you set it up correctly for yourself (and I’ve been busy for about 50 minutes carefully listening to the sound on each track in between), then almost any flagship device will play with it, on some cores tweaks kosyachnye and at max. volumes you can hear a strong sound stuttering

This is not quite, with SGS2, the sound is clamped by some kind of unrealistic curve driver, it became noticeably better in Android 4, but if this dsp manager is activated, then it changes the sound "deaf", you immediately feel some kind of limitations, it does not allow you to change it really, it is better to climb into the service of tweaks, it changes better, but still the squeezing is felt, but on a motor walker I have changed a lot. In general, I scooped around this idiocy, I'll have to experiment) I stumbled upon the bitc codecs, it's annoying that it's a bitc ("c" shaped equalizer), but they say it's worth a try
Stab29
Message#39
23.03.12, 22:40
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 456
Oneplus 5 8/128

vladislav1992
I also posted a bit in the ics topic. I tried and demolished. The same effects can be achieved by setting up a voodoo sound.

--------------------
vladislav1992
Message#40
23.03.12, 22:43
Local
[offline]

Messages 106
Xiaomi Mi Mix 6/256

Stab29 @ 03/23/2012, 11:40*
I also posted a bit in the ics topic. I tried and demolished. The same effects can be achieved by setting up a voodoo sound.

with voodoo sound and it makes no sense to try, IMHO
Stab29
Message#41
23.03.12, 22:45
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 456
Oneplus 5 8/128

vladislav1992
Well, I'm for the sake of experiment :)