The sound quality in modern smartphones / handsets / smartphones | This topic will discuss the sound quality.

Rep: (444)
Sound quality

Attached Image

About the topic
Much time has passed since that moment as the phone began to replace players, a couple years ago smartphones were able to compete with entry-level players (Cowon, Sony, Iriver) sound quality and output power for a long time left much to be desired, but now the producers finally have felt that same vein in the world of audio which now make their put.Stavka and focus on the sound have become an integral part of each flagship device in musical smartphones began to put full-fledged adult DAC powerful amplifier circuits, capacitors, vysokotoch nye clocks, complete isolation from crosstalk and interference, and much more modern music smartphone flagship-class confidently left behind such players like Cowon, Sony, iRiver, and on an equal footing can compete with the initial hi fi player Fiio X3 / ibasso DX50 and what even exceed these devices.
In order for newcomers to know the decoding of abbreviations, I will explain the following:SOSH - Signal to Noise Ratio(the higher this parameter is, the better and better the DAC converts the sound, for example, the Wolfson WM8994 to SGS1 has 100DB of secondary and the WCD9310 to HTC One and 110DB of secondary)
Output power - Amplifier's ability to pull more demanding and full-sized headphones, the more powerful the amplifier, the more power reserve and better sound you will end up with + compatibility with a large number of headphones.

Archive of outdated models
So let's find out which headphones play better with which headphones.
I believe that the good sound quality of the following models:
Samsung- Galaxy S / Wave / Galaxy SIII / Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy R / Galaxy S4 / Galaxy Note 3
Of the Galaxy lineup, the Galaxy S1 i9000 is the most outstanding, and on board, by today's standards, is not the most advanced and very old Wolfson WM8994 DAC (4 Channel DAC, 100dB SOS), but still capable of producing good sound, tuned using Voodoo Sound.
HTC- One S / Sensation / Rezound / Radar / Mozart / Butterfly / One / Butterfly S
From HTC most outstanding I would call the HTC One S / Butterfly S / HTC One - all three of them are on board excellent by today's standards DAC WCD9310 (8 Channel DAC, 110Db School) + a couple of amplifiers from Texas Instruments (TPA6130A / OPA2064) and Maxx ( 9877), tuning by using project Era, or custom nuclei separately want to mention HTC Butterfly S - smartphone has phenomenal output power (and excellent sound) which is coupled with the tuning project era capable of ensuring the normal operation of a full-size headphones almost any resistance.
LG- LG Optimus 2X / LG Optimus 3D, LG Optimus G / LG Nexus 4
The LG Optimus 2X also has a wolfson WM8994 onboard and is supported by the voodoo sound project.
Motorola- Droid Razr / Atrix 4G / Atrix 2 / Droid 3 / Moto X / Moto G
Sony- Xperia X / Xperia Play / Neo / Arc S / Live With Walkman / Xperia Neo / Xperia V / Xperia Z
Apple- Iphone 4 / 4S, Iphone 5 / 5S
By itself, the iphone is a pioneer in the mobile audio segment, along with nokia n91 at one time there were 2 best phones that are not inferior in sound to good players, use Cirrus Logic DACs that are not tuned.
BBK- Vivo X1, I want to give it special attention because this is the first smartphone in the world using a stationary DAC Cirrus Logic CS4398 + SRC The Klok CS8422 which, for example, stands in the top hifi player of Colorful Cololrfly C4 Pro at the price of $ 1000, the older brother BBK Vivo Xplay also came out with additional amplifier BurrBrown OPA2604.
BBK Vivo Xshot is also equipped with a CS4398 DAC and Maxim Maxx97220 amplifier (125mW output power) + a dedicated TI TLW320 ADC (it is needed for better sound recording during video recording, for better sound recording of a voice recorder)
Meizu- MX2, MX4 Core / Meizu MX3 - separately about it, this is probably the best budget option if you need a powerful combine with excellent technical characteristics and stunning sound, besides headphone output power is definitely one of the flagships in the world of smartphone sound, capable without problems Bleed full-size headphones, equipped with a Wolfson WM5102 DAC (108dB SSH).
Oppo- Clover R815 - Also a great option, with more modest characteristics than the MX3, but equipped with a good BurrBrown PCM5101A DAC (106dB Secondary School) and a dedicated SMT Electronics amplifier. - A full replacement for Cowon players and even more so for ipod for such a price.
TCL Idol X +- Smartphone with saber ES9018 DAC (130db SOSH) and Maxim 9720 amplifier (50mW direction Amp)

P.S - use headphones Fisher audio consonance and Audio technica ATH M50, as you have? : Rolleyes: It is advisable to write about the model used in headphones, and personal impressions of the sound quality, I think, and among the conventional models have a decent on a sound, I ask mercy unsubscribe impressions :) Just ask to write a software used to listen to - the different players on the similarity PowerAMP / Winamp and what format would prefer welcome and some accessories, for example, I sometimes use portable amplifier Fiio E7 (previously E6), some people use the LOD cables and other peripheral connects to Line Out.
Among the models of digital-analog converters in smartphones, there are such models as - Wolfson WM8994 (100dB SS), WM8994E (100dB SS), WM1811 (100dB SS), WM8903 (96dB SS), WM8958 (100dB SS), WM8960 (98dB SS), Wolfson WM5102 (108 dB for 44.1khz / 113dB for 48khz SOSH).
Texas Instruments AIC3254 (100dB Secondary School), AIC3008, TLW6040 (100dB Secondary School).
CS4322 (Mostly for Iphone, ipod.100-105dB SOSH)
CS4398 (120dB) + CS8442 SRC upsampler (Exotic in BBK Vivo X1)
Qualcomm WCD9310 (110dB for 44.1khz / 115dB for 48khz SOSH) + WCD9304 SRC Upsampler / Qualcomm WCD9320 (SOSH is higher than in WCD9310 but the numbers are not known.)

From tanks and amplifiers to smartphones, amplifiers from texas instruments of the TPA, TDA, analog devices, MAXX 9877 series (and others from this series) are most often placed because of their low power consumption and high power and signal-to-noise ratio.

Rules of communication
Rules section "Technotrepalka":
1.3 Tech Trap is not a place forflooding. We have, after all, a technical bias. For this there is a section "BreakerпїЅ.
1.4 Since the message counter in our section is enabled, philosophizing can be interpreted as cheating posts. And punished accordingly.
1.5 Frankly typing messages, in order to collect a certain number of posts, will entail punishment!
Section moderators

Why was my message deleted?
Friends, we all want our topic to be as informative as possible, and, at the same time, concise - there were no messages in it that had no practical value for the rest of the forum participants or newcomers.
Therefore:
1. Messages are not on the topic of discussion (technical characteristics and features of the operation of devices) - will be deleted.
2. Messages that do not carry any meaning, and consist of monosyllabic statements: “Good!”, “I'll try!”, “When?”, “Where?” - will be deleted.
3. Messages with words of gratitude will be deleted.

In order to express your gratitude, follow the Forum Rules:
5. Promotion System .
5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.
5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.

The forum is a public place. Before addressing a particular person in a general topic, and not through a personal messaging system or QMS, think - will your message be interesting for other forum participants or will it just take up space?

Output power table
The output power parameter table (in volts, more is better, more powerful and more headroom, as well as the ability to pull more tight high-impedance headphones.
Attached Image

Additional Information
Table of smartphones with dedicated audio (Head Fi)
Attached Image

Reviews forums about headphones
Post with reviews of members of the forum about smartphones and players

About DAC player

Post has been editedBoy77ruS - 03.02.20, 01:34
Reason for editing: Adjustment name

Rep: (128)
Mac.ar @ 2.05.19, 10:00*
There seems even cheaper
Asked about the CTE. I installed

Rep: (69)
* Mac.ar These other. They are so easy to get set.

Rep: (56)
Good advise people ambishury except spinfitov have to Ali?

Rep: (397)
* warlock87 ,
US $ 2.37 21% Discount | Replacement noise reduction ear tips 3 pairs of silicone ear pads cover headphones Colombia headphone headphones headset
https://aliexpress.com/item/-/32828846405.html

* shumilov81 During, and such form as the biggest not only rubber?
Ps and then I have me already too much bass, but with the tires and so narrow sound guide is not very ...

Post has been editedwarlock87 - 02.05.19, 13:50

* warlock87 ,
This is the original from sonek, the sound I like most of the silicone.

* warlock87 ,
If such should come.
US $ 1.50 6% DISCOUNT | 8 pcs. / Lot ambushyury cushions Powerbeats 1,0 2,0 3,0 Cover PB2 PB3 silicone liners Hats case headphone earpieces
https://aliexpress.com/item/-/32862758552.html

* shumilov81 , That such would, I ordered two packs of this kind, but poor quality mat thin flimsy in the ears is not comfortable.
Do me by name .. complete the largest, and in retail did not find them such.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Others do not fit, and that it have me fear appeared to lose their
Here it is necessary to reserve: blush:

Post has been editedwarlock87 - 02.05.19, 14:05

Rep: (36)
* warlock87 , To 34.67 rubles. 18% DISCOUNT | 3 pairs (6 pieces) silicone dressings in-ear headphones for moving iron headphones
https://aliexpress.com/item/-/32822195246.html

Rep: (30)
Abadula @ 2.05.19, 10:48*
these others. They are so easy to get set.

I'm sorry, I do not see a difference, maybe it is, like the best,))

Posted 05/02/2019 at 15:56:

Glorymanun @ 2.05.19, 10:18*
Asked about the CTE. I installed

No problem, just saw cheaper))

Rep: (225)
OFF2ALL @ 01.05.19, 11:34*
lie AS10 tone lies.

Nope. : P Your word against mine. Maybe someone else will speak about this?

Posted on 05/02/2019, 17:28:

shumilov81 @ 02.05.19, 04:50*
This is the original from sonek,

He sends the 3 pairs of the same size?

Post has been editedalex5908 - 02.05.19, 17:29

Rep: (31)
warlock87 @ 2.05.19, 13:11*
Good advise people ambishury except spinfitov have to Ali?
I really like the foam, they are not as usual, but a little thinner and therefore more comfortable sitting in the ears.
https://aliexpress.com/item/-/32889164309.html

alex5908 @ 2.05.19, 17:24*

I think unlikely.

Rep: (128)
alex5908 @ 2.05.19, 17:24*
I agreed with him about the two pairs of M and one L, without S, in PM can be negotiated

Rep: (67)
* alex5908 , I have a little album among other Diana Krall, it is very good for the vocal test. None of the ears of all who have heard, and which are not so dark her vocals as AS10. Well, just completely cut off all high-frequency components. Pro hi-hats, and other tools in general ringing even speech is not - a very different sound. And the wind is also not so "dudyat", as well as strings. Actually, I have not any right transfer tool, except that the synthetic - Well, she did originally artificial. And then - no player or else do not matter, because there is only mentioned effect on the AS10. The sound of a course at a dozen interesting, but - very "own".
P. S. In general, this theme is more for the topic "Headphones from Knowledge Zenith", rather than for this, there are many dozens of owners.

Post has been editedOFF2ALL - 02.05.19, 20:11
Reason for editing: Supplement

Rep: (481)
* warlock87 , 112.01 rubles. 16% DISCOUNT | 10 pieces. in ear headphone ear pads for Monster Nergy caps Covers ear bud tips cup headphones Ear Cushions
https://aliexpress.com/item/-/32742631250.html

125.35 rubles. 6% DISCOUNT | 10 pcs. / 5 pairs of 4.5 mm silicone gel ear earphone covers headset earphone eartips ear pads pillow Philips
https://aliexpress.com/item/-/32705277906.html

74.68 rubles. 30% DISCOUNT | Mm 10 pcs. / 5 pairs 3.8mm Soft Silicone Ear Earphones headphones ear covers for double color ear cushions headphone pillows
https://aliexpress.com/item/-/32679413969.html

94.01 rubles. 6% DISCOUNT | 8 pcs. / Lot silicone ear bluetooth headphones Case for Beats Tour 2,0 covered ear pads Caps bud headphones earplugs pillows
https://aliexpress.com/item/-/32722584653.html

100.01 rubles. 6% DISCOUNT | 8 pcs. / Lot ambushyury cushions Powerbeats 1,0 2,0 3,0 Cover PB2 PB3 silicone liners Hats case headphone earpieces
https://aliexpress.com/item/-/32862758552.html

Posted on 05/02/2019, 20:36:

64.01 rubles. 31% DISCOUNT | NICEHCK 1 set / 2 pairs (4 pieces) m dimensions in a two-layer silicone ear tips bandage ear headphones for IM50 IE80 UE900 NICEHCK DT100
https://aliexpress.com/item/-/33004214316.html

Rep: (481)
I came hires + dandy player

6 999.82 rubles. | UGEEK ZPOD lossless HiFi board player + CNC aluminum case kit | 192 to / 24bit | w / o Raspberry Pi Zero | Portable | game player | Retropie
https://aliexpress.com/item/-/32797586646.html

Attached Image

Rep: (76)
Good day. I am a player for exercise, before it was Lotoo pico - I can not endure it anymore, compact - yes, but to musical level. smartphone him as the moon. Therefore, I am looking for a small player with a presence TIDAL and be sure that the sound was at Vivo xplay5s level, LG V30, grandbeat or mx4pro. Huby R3 thought to take, but there is no offline Tidal, and without it there is no point. Fiio m6? or something else to eat? thank you in advance)

Post has been editedipola - 02.05.19, 22:18

Rep: (767)
ipola @ 2.05.19, 22:12*
I am a player for exercise
New Cannes, for most it rocking. : D fairies M5, a la shanling M0, such as the recently introduced.

Post has been editedseve-s - 02.05.19, 22:25

Rep: (1293)
alex5908 @ 2.05.19, 21:24*
Maybe someone else will speak about this?

If speech about KZ AS10 then lie shamelessly across the entire range, although they sound pretty comfortable.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 18/04/20, 2:42