The sound quality in modern smartphones / handsets / smartphones | This topic will discuss the sound quality.

Rep: (444)
Sound quality

Attached Image

About the topic
Much time has passed since that moment as the phone began to replace players, a couple years ago smartphones were able to compete with entry-level players (Cowon, Sony, Iriver) sound quality and output power for a long time left much to be desired, but now the producers finally have felt that same vein in the world of audio which now make their put.Stavka and focus on the sound have become an integral part of each flagship device in musical smartphones began to put full-fledged adult DAC powerful amplifier circuits, capacitors, vysokotoch nye clocks, complete isolation from crosstalk and interference, and much more modern music smartphone flagship-class confidently left behind such players like Cowon, Sony, iRiver, and on an equal footing can compete with the initial hi fi player Fiio X3 / ibasso DX50 and what even exceed these devices.
In order for newcomers to know the decoding of abbreviations, I will explain the following:SOSH - Signal to Noise Ratio(the higher this parameter is, the better and better the DAC converts the sound, for example, the Wolfson WM8994 to SGS1 has 100DB of secondary and the WCD9310 to HTC One and 110DB of secondary)
Output power - Amplifier's ability to pull more demanding and full-sized headphones, the more powerful the amplifier, the more power reserve and better sound you will end up with + compatibility with a large number of headphones.

Archive of outdated models
So let's find out which headphones play better with which headphones.
I believe that the good sound quality of the following models:
Samsung- Galaxy S / Wave / Galaxy SIII / Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy R / Galaxy S4 / Galaxy Note 3
Of the Galaxy lineup, the Galaxy S1 i9000 is the most outstanding, and on board, by today's standards, is not the most advanced and very old Wolfson WM8994 DAC (4 Channel DAC, 100dB SOS), but still capable of producing good sound, tuned using Voodoo Sound.
HTC- One S / Sensation / Rezound / Radar / Mozart / Butterfly / One / Butterfly S
From HTC most outstanding I would call the HTC One S / Butterfly S / HTC One - all three of them are on board excellent by today's standards DAC WCD9310 (8 Channel DAC, 110Db School) + a couple of amplifiers from Texas Instruments (TPA6130A / OPA2064) and Maxx ( 9877), tuning by using project Era, or custom nuclei separately want to mention HTC Butterfly S - smartphone has phenomenal output power (and excellent sound) which is coupled with the tuning project era capable of ensuring the normal operation of a full-size headphones almost any resistance.
LG- LG Optimus 2X / LG Optimus 3D, LG Optimus G / LG Nexus 4
The LG Optimus 2X also has a wolfson WM8994 onboard and is supported by the voodoo sound project.
Motorola- Droid Razr / Atrix 4G / Atrix 2 / Droid 3 / Moto X / Moto G
Sony- Xperia X / Xperia Play / Neo / Arc S / Live With Walkman / Xperia Neo / Xperia V / Xperia Z
Apple- Iphone 4 / 4S, Iphone 5 / 5S
By itself, the iphone is a pioneer in the mobile audio segment, along with nokia n91 at one time there were 2 best phones that are not inferior in sound to good players, use Cirrus Logic DACs that are not tuned.
BBK- Vivo X1, I want to give it special attention because this is the first smartphone in the world using a stationary DAC Cirrus Logic CS4398 + SRC The Klok CS8422 which, for example, stands in the top hifi player of Colorful Cololrfly C4 Pro at the price of $ 1000, the older brother BBK Vivo Xplay also came out with additional amplifier BurrBrown OPA2604.
BBK Vivo Xshot is also equipped with a CS4398 DAC and Maxim Maxx97220 amplifier (125mW output power) + a dedicated TI TLW320 ADC (it is needed for better sound recording during video recording, for better sound recording of a voice recorder)
Meizu- MX2, MX4 Core / Meizu MX3 - separately about it, this is probably the best budget option if you need a powerful combine with excellent technical characteristics and stunning sound, besides headphone output power is definitely one of the flagships in the world of smartphone sound, capable without problems Bleed full-size headphones, equipped with a Wolfson WM5102 DAC (108dB SSH).
Oppo- Clover R815 - Also a great option, with more modest characteristics than the MX3, but equipped with a good BurrBrown PCM5101A DAC (106dB Secondary School) and a dedicated SMT Electronics amplifier. - A full replacement for Cowon players and even more so for ipod for such a price.
TCL Idol X +- Smartphone with saber ES9018 DAC (130db SOSH) and Maxim 9720 amplifier (50mW direction Amp)

P.S - use headphones Fisher audio consonance and Audio technica ATH M50, as you have? : Rolleyes: It is advisable to write about the model used in headphones, and personal impressions of the sound quality, I think, and among the conventional models have a decent on a sound, I ask mercy unsubscribe impressions :) Just ask to write a software used to listen to - the different players on the similarity PowerAMP / Winamp and what format would prefer welcome and some accessories, for example, I sometimes use portable amplifier Fiio E7 (previously E6), some people use the LOD cables and other peripheral connects to Line Out.
Among the models of digital-analog converters in smartphones, there are such models as - Wolfson WM8994 (100dB SS), WM8994E (100dB SS), WM1811 (100dB SS), WM8903 (96dB SS), WM8958 (100dB SS), WM8960 (98dB SS), Wolfson WM5102 (108 dB for 44.1khz / 113dB for 48khz SOSH).
Texas Instruments AIC3254 (100dB Secondary School), AIC3008, TLW6040 (100dB Secondary School).
CS4322 (Mostly for Iphone, ipod.100-105dB SOSH)
CS4398 (120dB) + CS8442 SRC upsampler (Exotic in BBK Vivo X1)
Qualcomm WCD9310 (110dB for 44.1khz / 115dB for 48khz SOSH) + WCD9304 SRC Upsampler / Qualcomm WCD9320 (SOSH is higher than in WCD9310 but the numbers are not known.)

From tanks and amplifiers to smartphones, amplifiers from texas instruments of the TPA, TDA, analog devices, MAXX 9877 series (and others from this series) are most often placed because of their low power consumption and high power and signal-to-noise ratio.

Rules of communication
Rules section "Technotrepalka":
1.3 Tech Trap is not a place forflooding. We have, after all, a technical bias. For this there is a section "BreakerпїЅ.
1.4 Since the message counter in our section is enabled, philosophizing can be interpreted as cheating posts. And punished accordingly.
1.5 Frankly typing messages, in order to collect a certain number of posts, will entail punishment!
Section moderators

Why was my message deleted?
Friends, we all want our topic to be as informative as possible, and, at the same time, concise - there were no messages in it that had no practical value for the rest of the forum participants or newcomers.
Therefore:
1. Messages are not on the topic of discussion (technical characteristics and features of the operation of devices) - will be deleted.
2. Messages that do not carry any meaning, and consist of monosyllabic statements: “Good!”, “I'll try!”, “When?”, “Where?” - will be deleted.
3. Messages with words of gratitude will be deleted.

In order to express your gratitude, follow the Forum Rules:
5. Promotion System .
5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.
5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.

The forum is a public place. Before addressing a particular person in a general topic, and not through a personal messaging system or QMS, think - will your message be interesting for other forum participants or will it just take up space?

Output power table
The output power parameter table (in volts, more is better, more powerful and more headroom, as well as the ability to pull more tight high-impedance headphones.
Attached Image

Additional Information
Table of smartphones with dedicated audio (Head Fi)
Attached Image

Reviews forums about headphones
Post with reviews of members of the forum about smartphones and players

About DAC player

Post has been editedBoy77ruS - 03.02.20, 01:34
Reason for editing: Adjustment name

Rep: (481)
* chim85 , It is a pity that yuzb duck does not work, is obtained as xduoo x10 only player without this feature

Post has been editedSE-X1 - 30.04.19, 19:58

Rep: (70)
Engin_r @ 04.29.19, 14:29*
With vinyl rub all audiophiles and people aged relate best memories!

My best memories are of firmyachim kompressorm local FM-radio. Rights green compressor stsuko steers :(

Rep: (496)
* dj_mase On fm compressor more trenchant. And not only the compressor. There's an FM modulated flies zhudko stump ... If I remember correctly it on top of the wave of one channel, and on the bottom of the same wave of another. MP3 then simply "blur".

https://youtu.be/T7uVSxtizfM
https://youtu.be/_vUwnktcD4I

Post has been editedchim85 - 30.04.19, 21:38

Rep: (70)
* chim85,
Shaw is what it is. But Brilliance al rushing :) Actually, this whole "loudness war" - Schaub PEOPLE on radeyke and ghetto-blaster from muzlo could drags. So the paper woofers are gradually fading into oblivion :( And they Symphony Orchestra so chic sounds azhno tear Shiba :)

dj_mase @ 30.04.19, 21:45*
paper woofers
there paper nafig not rested. Although it is still better than JBL dermoplastik. This niche perfectly takes kevlak, it is easier and harder. But several times more expensive. Paper rests only on the fetishists of all stripes.

* chim85 Interesting and where you can buy the super capacitors? Or is it kulsa own development?

I found similar uf ->mf will once again

1 157.16 rubles. | DMF3Z5R5H474M3DTA0 DMFH474M 5.5 In 470mF / DMF3R5R5L334M3DTA0 DMFL334M 5.5V330mf
https://aliexpress.com/item/-/32826146488.html

https: //www.chipdip.ru...uct/dmf3z5r5h474m3dta0
Attached Image

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedSE-X1 - 30.04.19, 22:22
Reason for editing: Added

* SE-X1 Phillips makes supercapacitors. On chipdip.ru example there. And the sense of a large electric double layer capacitors in there, and they have at least a large capacity, but very little of the charge / discharge rate. What drives in parallel put more buffered electrolyte. And the voltage of 3-5 volts. It is better to make a bundle of several electrolytes with low internal resistance and the leakage current. Much better is the return in spades.

Although in recent years the hell knows, before they were made on charcoal. Maybe today and what has changed. : Rolleyes: Seek specialized professionals. : Rolleyes:

Post has been editedchim85 - 30.04.19, 22:34

Rep: (1614)
* seve-s , Thank you again for Margao brother, in a well https://youtu.be/8ZHolM_G8YA

* chim85 It is clear, by the way, I found a lamp which is used in cayin n8 it turns out even in 2016 and called Nutube 6P1

Attached Image

https://pikabu.ru/stor...myi_nutube_6p1_5814194

Posted on 04/30/2019, 23:09:

$ 50 standing lamphttps://diyaudiostore.com/products/korg-nutube

Posted on 04/30/2019, 23:11:

In Kauin H8 her dress so through a loop
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

The board itself
Attached Image

Post has been editedSE-X1 - 30.04.19, 23:18

Rep: (1405)
SE-X1 @ 30.04.19, 23:07*
By the way, I found a lamp
And I treat syaomishnym bracelet in pulse test mode - the sound straight tube immediately become and probably that's my satisfaction with the sound of "3 penny" - "lamp"
Attached Image
Attached Image
always with me and transforms the sound of any source ...
advise, at least try and maybe it will help to make the first step in the direction of recovery of audioshizofrenii: girl_crazy:

* Xokadi I also think in the H8 lights for beauty so food is, but on the software level is tube sound: D so the fee they pripoyali needed much more that pripoyat to use the lamp and the player would be 2 times more and tezhelo: D

Post has been editedSE-X1 - 30.04.19, 23:41

SE-X1 @ 30.04.19, 23:34*
needed much more that pripoyat
soldering - is today a luxury even for the Chinese.
Blue electrical tape fades into the background when the arena go wireless on-no-placebo capable of so much better sound on channel blyutuch: acute:
... and mind you - everything is a miracle absolutely no traces of glue, which are difficult to wash without drinking alcohol earlier: girl_crazy:

Rep: (56)
hidizs ap80
received, heard with great pleasure, the unexpected. I would like to compare it with x20 duoo since I bought it in person, and I was sorry for the amount that it is clearly not worth it IMHO. mosh? 32 ohms is enough and how this kid hidizs ap80.
the sound of ... more korektno reviews have been written by myself .. I want to add a note, chic control, attack scene, the separation of instruments on stage .. really very cool.
to the filing, the sound is not voobshe not have any complaints, it is clearly worth the money but no! 2 types of gain, volume can be deafening but with comfort) no nags, no rezhit. mitol went tale IMHO. detail without turbidity, interesting to listen to! after Maisie also details the new, more pronounced in some moments notice, I would say this is not the level of muzafona .. and fat cherry dobyu tsetatoy, reading about it in some of the reviews, comments about a subject, "they themselves must We did not understand that "ps very good baby!
Obviously interesting aybaski 90. IMHO
Attached Image

Post has been editedwarlock87 - 01.05.19, 02:27

Rep: (1716)
* warlock87,
Yes, it was me;)
headphone choice among Knowledge Zenith (KZ) (Post M.A.G # 83456989)

Post has been editedM.A.G - 01.05.19, 02:33

Rep: (225)
.R.I.O. 04/30/19 @ 09:30*
NiceHCK Bro, by the way sounds nice on the whole sound just like senzer h1

BRO - good ears, but they H1 oh how far. IMO. : Rolleyes:

Post has been editedalex5908 - 01.05.19, 03:16

Rep: (479)
alex5908 @ 1.05.19, 3:12*
BRO - good ears, but they H1 oh how far. IMO
yes, at the top of a little overwhelmed with Bro and simplified, though the bass a lot, but it is a little flat or something: rolleyes:

Rep: (188)
Xokadi @ 30.04.19, 23:20*
advise, at least try and maybe it will help to make the first step in the direction of recovery of audioshizofrenii: girl_crazy:

The first step to the disease xiaomi schizophrenia))

Bengan777 @ 1.05.19, 9:47*
xiaomi schizophrenia))
is if you 15t ...

Rep: (188)
Xokadi @ 1.05.19, 9:48*
is if you 15t ...
why the heck do we need these fitness bracelets? I thought they just 15letnie only wear)

Bengan777 @ 1.05.19, 9:49*
why the heck do we need these fitness bracelets? I thought they just 15letnie only wear)
treated for audioshizy 50ti summer

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 04/17/20, 04:56