Android for Nokia N9 | Harmattan / Android optional

Rep: (472)
- Android port alpha release for Nokia N9 PR 1.3 -

Updated, simplified installation instructions for release 4 or 5:

Android in 3 steps ...
The instruction comes down to 3 main points ...
1) OpenMode kernel firmware

how to fill openmod
BUT. There iscleanphone withORIGINAL FIRMWARE
[list]
[*]one. Prevention of occurrenceWarranty Cancellation Messages:
- execute the following command in the terminal (on behalf of the user):
disclaimer-cal remove View-openmode

[*] 2. You must disable the PIN code request on the SIM card.
[*] 3. For the system to work correctly after flashing the kernel, it is necessary to delete the account settings and protection logs. This will delete all the accounts you created. After flashing them, you will need to manually create them again.
- execute the following commands in the terminal (on behalf of the user):
rm -rf /home/user/.accounts
rm -rf /home/user/.activesync
rm -rf /home/user/.aegis

[*]four. Make sure that the "Security code" is not installed, otherwise disable it. If you have configured Mail-for-Exchange accounts, you will need to delete them before disabling the security code.After flashing the phone with a non-standard kernel, the phone cannot be locked with the "Security Code". Use third-party applications to protect your phone from unauthorized use by third parties.use locks to lock -Android for Nokia N9 (Post nyakze # 40390210)
- Download flasher for Harmattan for your computer OS here: [tablets-dev]
(find "Maemo Flasher-3.12.1 Tool for Harmattan your_name_of_os_name"). Install or unpack it if necessary.
- Download [dualboot zImage core for dual boot]
- Download the image of the native firmware PR1.3 using [NaviFirm +] (Linux and Mac users can use in wine [NaviFirmEx]), only one file is needed, its name should look something like this: DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin

Windows system users
- Copy the firmware file and zImage to the folder with Flasher installed (where the flasher.exe file is located)
- Type in the command line command (cmd.exe, if you obviously do not know how to use the command line, then you better refuse to install NITDroid, or seek help from a neighbor who understands computers better than you; you shouldn’t teach you to use the command line in the forum will be):
cd C: Program FilesNokiaFlasher
flasher -a DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -k zImage.pr13 --flash-only = kernel -f -R

Linux system users
Type the following commands in the terminal:
cd path_to_folder_where_download_firmware_files_and_zImage
sudo flasher -a DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -k zImage --flash-only = kernel -f -R

>> The command will start the phone firmware process, after which it will be restarted.

2) Readpost Craig_Mabbittunforgettable to say thank you as expected. And at the same timedownloaddesired release(4th or 5th who likes more)
3) Put on the phone and then start the installation of the downloaded deb package (nitdroid_0.0.x_armel.deb) in any way. For example, through the file manager. Installation may take 10-15 minutes.
4) Everything, Done! We reboot the phone and observe the graphical menu with a choice.

ps - nitdroid removal describedhere

The instructions below are for installation:
Alpha Release # 4 "Despite"old manual method

Changes in this release:
- Multilingual support
- Support for Nokia N950
- Dual kernel boot (without flashing), the ability to select the operating system after power up.
- 3D drivers, OpenGL, live wallpapers
- Hwrotation (so far only portrait mode)
- MyDocs displays as SDCard
- Touch (multitouch)
- hard buttons (volume, power on)
- ECI accessories (headset buttons)
- USB network
- sleep mode (electron beam effect) demo:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFMTofYt_2g
- alarm clock, RTC
- Basic video decoding (SW) and YouTube playback
- Wi-Fi (basic functionality only)
- Basic CellMo functionality: network registration, USSD, SMS, data (GPRS / EDGE / 3G), signal strength
- Bluetooth
- Accelerometer sensor, magnetometer
- Audio: play (audio routing: loudspeaker, headset or headphones) Advance microphone support (VoiceSearch, Shazam / SoundHound - normal)
- HAL lights (LCD brightness)
- Access with administrator rights (via adb shell; su / Superuser.apk)
- battery status and charging

Bugs in this release: - Small bug GFX distortion when scrolling horizontally

Original installation instructions - Link.

Official status last build and progress - Link.

ATTENTION: This manual is intended for advanced users! Neither the NITDriod team nor the author of the manual are responsible for your device! Everything is done at your own peril and risk!

INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING ANDROID ON N9 FIRMWARE PR.1.3
!!! Read the descriptions of points A, B and C, and only then do the necessary operations !!![/ size]

BUT. There iscleanphone withORIGINAL FIRMWARE[/ size]
  • 1. Prevention of occurrenceWarranty Cancellation Messages
    Picture
    - execute the following command in the terminal (on behalf of the user):
    disclaimer-cal remove View-openmode

• 2. Preparing to work with NITDroid
    You must disable the PIN code request on the SIM card. The current version of NITDroid does not support pin input.

• 3. Preparing to work in open kernel mode (openmode)
    For the system to work correctly after flashing the kernel, it is necessary to delete the account settings and protection logs. This will delete all the accounts you created. After flashing them, you will need to manually create them again.
    - execute the following commands in the terminal (on behalf of the user):
    rm -rf /home/user/.accounts
    rm -rf /home/user/.activesync
    rm -rf /home/user/.aegis

• 4. Kernel firmware for dual boot (dualboot)
    [i] Before flashing, make sure that the "Security Code" is not installed, otherwise disable it. If you have configured Mail-for-Exchange accounts, you will need to delete them before disabling the security code.After flashing the phone with a non-standard kernel, the phone cannot be locked with the "Security Code". Use third-party applications to protect your phone from unauthorized use by third parties.use locks to lock -Android for Nokia N9 (Post nyakze # 40390210)

- Download flasher for Harmattan for your computer OS here: [tablets-dev]
    (find "Maemo Flasher-3.12.1 Tool for Harmattan your_name_of_os_name"). Install or unpack it if necessary.
    - Download [dualboot zImage core for dual boot]
    - Download the image of the native firmware PR1.3 using [NaviFirm +] (Linux and Mac users can use in wine [NaviFirmEx]), only one file is needed, its name should look something like this: DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin
    - Check the checksums of the firmware and zImage files. The checksum of the crc32 file DFL61 [..]. Bin i is in the neighboring .vpl file, in the list of NaviFirm files. The checksum md5 of the zImage file is indicated at the end of the instruction.
    - Connect the phone to the computer (if not already connected), and select the USB sync mode.

Windows system users
    - Copy the firmware file and zImage to the folder with Flasher installed (where the flasher.exe file is located)
    - Type in the command line command (cmd.exe, if you obviously do not know how to use the command line, then you better refuse to install NITDroid, or seek help from a neighbor who understands computers better than you; you shouldn’t teach you to use the command line in the forum will be):
    cd C: Program FilesNokiaFlasher
    flasher -a DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -k zImage.pr13 --flash-only = kernel -f -R

Linux system users
    Type the following commands in the terminal:
    cd path_to_folder_where_download_firmware_files_and_zImage
    sudo flasher -a DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -k zImage --flash-only = kernel -f -R

>> The command will start the phone firmware process, after which it will be restarted.
  • 5. Unpacking the NITDroid archive on the phone
    - download the archive: [nitdroid_n9_ics_alpha4.tar]. Copy it to the / home / user / MyDocs folder (for example) on the phone, in drive mode this is the root of the removable USB drive (you know that, right?)
    - run the following commands in the phone terminal on behalf of the superuser (devel-su):
    mkdir / home / nitdroid
    tar xjvf /home/user/MyDocs/nitdroid_n9_ics_alpha4.tar.bz2 -C / home / nitdroid /

• 6. Unpacking the Sillyboot dual boot menu on the phone
    - download the archive: [sillyboot2_graphics.tar]. Put it in the folder / home / user / MyDocs (for example) on the phone (you already know the location of this folder in drive mode, right?)
    - run the following command in the phone terminal on behalf of the superuser (devel-su):
    tar xjvf /home/user/MyDocs/sillyboot2_graphics.tar.bz2 -C /

Reboot the phone, press the volume up key when the menu asks you to do this, pray and wait for the NITDroid to load.

B. You are already using anotheropenmodecore, you know what it is, and you do not careWarranty Cancellation Notice
- Perform only2 , 4 , 5 and 6 points.

AT. You are already using anotheropenmodecore, you know what it is, but you're tired of itWarranty Cancellation Notice.
You have to doFULL FIRMWARE to the original one, and then perform all the steps from the very beginning and in the order as indicated in this manual. Need to flash on original, native firmware , use only the DFL file [..], with the command:
flasher -F DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin [replace the file name with your own] -f -R
If you do not know how to read and managed to flash the phone with one DFL [..] file and option --erase-user-data , now you need to download an additional EMMC image of the user section and flash the phone again, along with it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

!!! REQUIRED TO READ !!!

What you should pay attention to:
- OpenMode. Phone lock will not work. There will be no way, there is no way to make it work, and no one will ever come up with it.After flashing the phone with a non-standard kernel, the phone cannot be locked with the "Security Code". Use third-party applications to protect your phone from unauthorized use by third parties.use locks to lock - Android for Nokia N9 (Post nyakze # 40390210)
- SIMLOCK. Devices locked for a specific operator are not supported. Contact the service center of your operator, pay him a coin and get an unlocked device. It is impossible to flash a device locked for an operator, asking questions about this in the topic is pointless, no one will ever make free programs for unlocking operators.

Note (useful, but important little things):

- Nitdroid Removal:
1. Via WinSCP, or Explorer with Root rightsreplace with original file:Preinit (sbin / preinit). Because when it is completely removed, after rebooting N9, it will not be able to boot the OS.
If you do not have or cannot find the originalPreinit [/ u] [/ color] (sbin / preinit) it can be reinstalled from repositories, for this in the terminal:

devel-su
apt-get install --reinstall mini-rc

2. Run under MeeGo terminal and prescribe:
devel-su
rootme (default password)
rm -rf / home / nitdroid

3. As a result, as usual, you will only be loaded with meego, without any OS choices, etc.
BUT, the kernel will remain open, it’s not scary in principle, but it can cause some glitches in Meego’s work.
To return to the native core, there are two options:
- just flash with a flasher, without content file
- flash only the kernel with the flasher, then the command for the flasher should then have the syntax:flasher -F ape.bin --flash-only = kernel -f -R
, where ape.bin is the file of your native firmware (renamed ape.bin for convenience only)
- Transfer contacts from MeeGo to Nitdroid:
Under MeeGo, go into contacts - export to a file - select everything - save.
Then go into contacts under Android - import - import from the drive - after searching, import all vCard contacts
- Internet setting for Nitdroid:
1. We go along the path: settings>Still>Mobile network>Access Points (APN)>Settings>New access point.
2. We register:
Name
- any

APN:
for MTS: internet.mts.ru
for BeeLine: internet.beeline.ru
for megaphone: internet
for Tele2: internet.tele2.ru
skip proxy
skip the port too

Username:
for MTS: mts
for BeeLine: beeline
for megaphone: not entered
for tele2: not entered

Password:
for MTS: mts
for BeeLine: beeline
for megaphone: not entered
for tele2: not entered

3. Save the settings.
- Ways to install applications and games.
1. Set up a mobile Internet or wifi, install the ES Explorer through the play market (the zip manager will not hurt) and install games or applications previously copied under MeeGo through it.
2. Install the Android SDK with the SDK tools kit and commands through the com.stock to install adj. or games.
3. If there is no Internet, then through WinSCP drop the installation file Es Explorer (apk) into/ home / nitdroid / data / app or / home / nitdroid / system / app and run Nitdroid, the atom will install Explorer, similarly to applications and games.
4. Insist on the Internet and install the App & Gamesavagemessiahzine.com.
- One way to raise the N9 when fully discharged:
1. Necessarily need a native charger.
2. Hold the power button and insert the charger, but do not release the button!
The indicator will light up brightly and it will vibrate, then the indicator will go out again, but after a while the graphic loader appears.
3. Release the power button and select MeeGo.

Features:
5th alpha fixes

Builds

Post has been editedAlexxxl - 13.10.15, 11:34
Reason for editing: cap update

Rep: (9)
it would be nice to write how to return everything back later;), for example, it scares me to put it if I know how to do it later.
Here someone would make a virtual machine thread for android .... 8-)

Rep: (2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkc_-BxQBsM...eature=youtu.be

Rep: (45)
Oh, if I completed ICS on n9, I would take it without hesitation: happy:
the device is awesome.

Post has been editedRed snake - 14.04.12, 22:06

Rep: (0)
Yes they will bring! I decided to take it myself :)

So someone will write how then to return everything back? at least take a flasher?

Rep: (128)
lastsky
You can just flash the Phoenix.

Yura12345671 @ 04/26/2012, 11:56*
You can just flash the Phoenix.

Are you sure that there will be no problems and the phoenix will live it? Can I refer to the source, or did you do it yourself?

Rep: (55)
Dear Colleagues! Today I became the proud owner of this miracle - H9.
Tell me: is there a risk when installing Android?
And the second question: is it better to put on a stock phone or upgrade it to 1.2?

Post has been editedcrash_FM - 27.04.12, 18:42

lastsky
I did it myself - no problems arose.

I did it myself - no problems arose.

Thank you, I will pick)))

Answer those who set 4.0.4:
1. What is vital does not work? (from theirs forum I realized that gps, usb-adb, nfc, bluetooth a2dp, camera, sensors are not working, is there anything else?)
2. Where is the Storage mounted? How much space does he need and on which section?
3. Does it work in USB-Storage mode? Or is it possible to mount MyDoСЃs in SD quality?
4. Does Superuser work?
I would really appreciate the detailed answers: blush:

lastsky still does not show the battery charge, MyDocs is automatically mounted as an SD card, everything else is in / home / nitdroid, Superuser works, I can’t say anything about USB storage - I didn’t check, but it was written somewhere that it works.

Post has been editedyura12345671 - 29.04.12, 09:46

Rep: (1212)
New ICS for N9 Released
Android 4.0.4_r1.2 (ICS) for Nokia N9. Alpha release # 3 "Growing trees"
http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=335.0

set the third alpha. In general, wifi works. everything practically works except for the speaker and microphone. Well, the flash does not work. the video shot by him on the instant in the android slows down. often gives an application error. in general, how to make a microphone, speaker and flash with video, you can use it. Yes, and the camera does not plow.

And for men, wifi just does not work.
He sees the network, but cannot connect.

And for men, wifi just does not work.
He sees the network, but cannot connect.

I have the same ....

do this:

1) click Add network
2) enter the name of the network, select the type of protection, drive in the password (all data must correspond to your fav)
3) save ... do off / on waffles

after that, he immediately clings to her, logs in and works ... moreover, the thing is done once .. then it works like an automatic one ...

Rep: (12)
Guys, what is the status of the project? I understand from the nitdroid forum that "Growing trees" is the latest update and is no longer expected?

Rep: (3)
I don’t know where you got this information from, they will finish the calls soon ...))

+1 I also heard about calls .. on English-language sites or twitter ... I don’t ask for a professional - I won’t find it))

It seems to me that the android slows down on n9 ... installed a navigator ... barely moving

Posted on 06/06/2012, 16:06:

How to increase the speed of the Navitel?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/20/19, 04:58