Questions about working with Windows Server | all that concerns Microsoft server systems

Rep: (2719)

Attached Image

Description
Wikipedia -The line of server operating systems
  • Windows 2000 Server
  • Windows Server 2003
  • Windows Server 2008
  • Windows HPC Server 2008
  • Windows Server 2008 R2
  • Windows Server 2012
  • Windows Home Server -version for home users
  • Windows Home Server 2011 -version for small and home offices
  • Windows MultiPoint Server.
  • Windows Server 2012 R2
  • Windows Server 2016
  • Windows Server 2019
Configuring Windows Server 2008 r2 for home
Attached Image
  • Automatic login
    If you want to speed up the Windows boot process, then you can configure
    automatic login This feature is designed for those situations when one person uses the computer. After setting up automatic login, you will not need to enter a password every time your operating system boots.

To configure automatic logon to Windows, do the following:

1. Click on the Win + R keyboard (or the Run item in the Start menu).
    2. In the window that appears, entercontrol userpasswords2 and press Enter.
    3. In the User Accounts window on the Users tab, select your account and remove the tick from “Users must be enabled”. (Require username and password.)
    4. Click Apply.
    5. In the Automatically Log On window that opens, there will be three fields - User name, Password and Confirm Password. Enter your password in the Password field and again in the Confirm Password field.
    6. Go to the tab "Advanced" and remove the flag Require pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL.
    Everything. From the next system reboot, you will no longer need to enter your password. Logging into Windows will occur automatically.

• Disable event logging
    Attached Image

• Include components
    Open "Server Manager" (there are two boxes in the taxbar), select "Add components" at the bottom right. We put daws on
    1. Features. NET Framework 3.5.1
    2. Desktop features.
    3. So what do you personally need.

• We treat IE from paranoia
    In the Server Manager window, select "Configure Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration" on the right and set "Disable" in order not to suffer from Internet Explorer when downloading any page on the Internet.
  • Induce beauty
    1.In services we start Windows Audio; Themes. (Auto)
    2. Run the DirectX diagnostic tool.
    Press Win + R on the keyboard (or the Run item in the Start menu).
    In the window that appears, enterdxdiag and press Enter.
    Go to the tab "Screen". In DirectX capabilities, we include (if possible) Direct Draw acceleration, Direct 3D acceleration, AGP texture acceleration.
    3. Start, with the right mouse on Computer, Properties, Left "Advanced system parameters", Speed ​​- parameters, Provide the best view (Choose at will).
    All the delights of Sevens included.

• Solve problems with games
    1. To go all (well, almost all) games we need to leave DEP only for Windows applications, and also install the gameux.dll library (which needs to be torn out from the client version of Windows 7 x64). We copy it in syswow64 and in system32.
    Now turn off DEP - My computer (right click) - properties - additional system parameters - performance parameters - Prevent data execution and set to a high value (only for basic Windows programs).
    2. Add a joystick applet. Unpack the archiveAttached filejoy.rar(102.12 KB)
    to the root of the C: drive, reboot.
  • Installing gadgets
    1. Unpack the archiveAttached fileSidebar.rar(4.12 MB)

2. Run the file "install.cmd" from the Sidebar folder.
    3. Open the Task Scheduler, Action, Create Task, General - enter the Sidebar, below set "Run regardless of user registration". Action, Create (below), the path to "sidebar.exe".
    Reboot and immediately everything works.

Provided by:Win & Soft DG
Otmaza: The author is not responsible for the consequences of the application of these tips. Material is provided "as is"

Post has been editedstp101 - 26.03.18, 22:47
Reason for editing: New cap author AndrewP_one

Rep: (1946)
Levin249 @ 06.08.2014, 00:58*
This error is not described anywhere and Google it is a very modest
That's it. If this was a school of MS - would have been in the internet sea of ​​screams.

Rep: (-1)
Good day to all.
Assist the novice sysadmin ...
Immediately I apologize if not quite in the subject matter.
In general, the problem occurred with the domain security policy. There are two servers, not physically connected with each other (used for different purposes). Both domains are raised by means of an asset dirrektori. Essence of the problem:
On one server, create a user and group for it, then in the policy management unit has been established, create the desired group policy to me, it binds to the unit and the user. Nothing works .... That is, on the client computer I go to a user-created (it means that the user normally pulls from the server), and there are no restrictions (which are set out in the policy).
What is most interesting to do the same on a nearby server, everything works.
A feeling that the politicians simply do not apply, which is strange. Another interesting thing. Decided instead to user directly tied to politics computers and voila, it worked, but the crooked, not all policy items are applied. Then I do the following. I took to the client machine, which is tied to a nearby server folder defol user, delete the folder on the client computer the desired server to me, threw in its place a new one, that's only fully all that I need to trampling. Now everything works, but it seems to me that it does not work as it should (in the sense that everything must itself be tightened and enforced from the server).
For earlier thanks for the answer.

Rep: (40)
k.i.titov @ 17.11.2014, 00:23*
In general, the problem occurred with the domain security policy. There are two servers, not physically connected with each other (used for different purposes). Both domains are raised by means of an asset dirrektori. Essence of the problem:
On one server, create a user and group for it, then in the policy management unit has been established, create the desired group policy to me, it binds to the unit and the user. Nothing works .... That is, on the client computer I go to a user-created (it means that the user normally pulls from the server), and there are no restrictions (which are set out in the policy).
What is most interesting to do the same on a nearby server, everything works.
A feeling that the politicians simply do not apply, which is strange. Another interesting thing. Decided instead to user directly tied to politics computers and voila, it worked, but the crooked, not all policy items are applied. Then I do the following. I took to the client machine, which is tied to a nearby server folder defol user, delete the folder on the client computer the desired server to me, threw in its place a new one, that's only fully all that I need to trampling. Now everything works, but it seems to me that it does not work as it should (in the sense that everything must itself be tightened and enforced from the server).
For earlier thanks for the answer.

I'm afraid that the answer is there simply does not help and you should pass / read a basic course about the windows domain.
But I'll try to answer.
There PDC and BDC (by the way, what kind of domain mode? 2008/2003 / later. I guess you do actions in one and the other.
The management policy group are you doing to him? exactly there? Now the memory will not say, but the whole life of the group created in the AD Users & Computers.
The management policy only indicates which of _sozdannyh_grupp / yuzerov_dat law.
Tip - look at the server and client eventlog - there must be an error, which prompt - where you were wrong.

__gre @ 17.11.2014, 05:04*
a domain mode?

Perhaps you do actions in one and the other.

Both servers are absolutely edentichny each other, the only difference in sql databases and domain names.
The management policy group are you doing to him?

The management policy I create division. This is not a group, but something Tipo folder or something (for visual separation).
the entire life of the group created in the AD Users & Computers.

Yes sir. It was there and create both the user and group, then in the properties group is added to it the user tried, and vice versa, add users to groups from the user properties.
The management policy only indicates which of _sozdannyh_grupp / yuzerov_dat law.

that's what I did. That's right. And even a small correction, it created the policy, and then link to it through this policy unit tied to the user, then tried to a group, but then began to bind separately to each computer (that eventually paid off).
Tip - look at the server and client eventlog - there must be an error, which prompt - where you were wrong.

And here you can please more? I understand correctly? it's just in the CMD is prescribed?
PS - Did not understand just .... Maybe there is some kind Windows curve ... a real server, one to one. At one all like clockwork, the second what is fun ...

Post has been editedk.i.titov - 17.11.14, 23:45

* __gre,
Today, I scored on the whole thing. These servers put before me. Blew everything to hell)) I decided to put everything from scratch yourself, do not easier, for more reliable, and will not work, then the fool)
Please tell me, everything seems normal until placed, only one strain. When it reboot the server is turned on for 15 minutes ... At what how strange. Until the moment of the user's choice, just a minute, maybe less even loaded, then just a black screen (before the user's choice), after 5 minutes there is a mouse (free running around the screen), even after 10 minutes, include images (insert user data and trouble booting on ) ... and during all this time, nor any response to different key combinations, despite the fact that Claudia in my opinion is functioning at the moment.
During this learning set Windu on a virtual machine (using the same pack, I took him to the institute), so she's included a couple of minutes, and then it did not export.

Post has been editedk.i.titov - 18.11.14, 21:13

Rep: (40)
Somehow I missed this topic eventlog - I mean snap "Event Viewer". In the Computer Management can be found. Or in the administration menu separately.

Rep: (2)
All the good days! I have a problem here - periodically prodadaet gateway on one of servakov. w2003, network domain, two subnets - 100 and 101 in the first subnetwork (100) servaki, network equipment and other equipment having a static in subnet 101 - customers. the network 13 servakov, dshsp, dns. This is a server Print Servers, and just recently decided to put him on the HASP key is a licensed program. In general, I am assuming that it was after installation HASP all started because never observed before installing this problem.
IN, to which sin -Remove what other manipulations made about installing HASP - a mystery, I do not do for me. Establishes said that deleted everything that I did.
In general, at the moment such a problem - suddenly a server stops responding to queries from 192.168.101.xxx client subnet and a server with other 100 customers subnet ping, ping of 101 is not with anyone. I check aypikonfig this server - gateway is not, though Gateway was ordered to hand in tinctures network card. Helps peretykanie cable disconnection switch setevuhi, or if you push option FIX compound in properties.
Read article in the internet, it is advised to turn off power saving mode - off. It is advised to download and install the update from the Borg, and then to do some manipulations with the registry in that branch, which is responsible for network connections - there for me all right, rule nothing.
Maybe someone knows in what direction to dig.
Thanks in advance, and sorry for the curve neponyatnonapisanny text in Russian. =)

Rep: (1003)
* prelude_sir
Greetings
We have a problem similar - sometimes after a reboot (sometimes necessary (often remotely)) server (W2008, AD, and also 2 HASP key in the first and 1 HASP second server) - is not restored (on the ground), fully configure the network card. Also sin on the keys, but not the fact.

As a result, we wrote a bat-nick (not quite out, but still) and stuff in startup:
@echo off
set IFACE = "Here the name of the network connection"
set IP = 192.168.1.1
set MASK = 255.255.255.0
set GATEWAY = 192.168.1.253
set GWMETRIC = 1
set DNS1 = 127.0.0.1
netsh interface ip set address name =% IFACE% source = static addr =% IP% mask =% MASK% gateway =% GATEWAY% gwmetric =% GWMETRIC%
netsh interface ip set dns name =% IFACE% source = static addr =% DNS1% register = PRIMARY

Post has been editedkoordinator - 25.06.15, 14:22

Rep: (2)
koordinator @ 25.06.2015, 13:15*
koordinator

thank you very much for your reply. We solved the problem temporarily,permanently prescribed a gateway. ie this command you register once, and after a reboot everything works
route add hhh.hhh.hhh.hhh mask 255.255.0.0 hhh.hhh.hhh.hhh-p , Without cost until the batch file.
but it is not a solution either, and did not find the problem, and the experiment is not the server has no desire. while works - let it work.

Post has been editedprelude_sir - 09.07.15, 05:46

Rep: (10)
Greetings! I installed on a virtual machine of Windows Server 2003 Standart. Established through the installation and removal of DNS programs, IIS. Now I try to register DNS.

"
instruction
Open the DNS Server Management window
Start вµј Administrative Tools вµј DNS

вµј Locate and Expand Forward Lookup Zones
вµј Create a new domain mysite.local (see. Below)
вµј Right-click on the list
Forward Lookup Zones and select New Zone

вµј opens a new zone wizard. Click [Next> ]
вµј Select Primary Zone, and then click [Next> ]
вµј Enter mysite.local and click [Next> ]
вµј Make sure you select Create a new file and click [Next> ]
Leave вµј point Do not allow dynamic updates, and then click [Next> ]
вµј Click [Finish] button

вµј you create a DNS zone, you have a set of names in the domain. The next step - the creation of
Entries in this area
вµј Click the zone mysite.local the right mouse button and select New Host (A)

вµј www Enter the host name and address of 127.0.0.1, and then click [Add Host]

вµј www Enter the host name and address of 127.0.0.1, and then click [Add Host]

вµј Press [Done]

вµј you have created two recordshttp: //www.mysite.localand info.mysite.local

вµј Quite often, when you create a recordhttp: //www.xxx.xxcreate another entry for addressing
site without www. This record is not convenient to make a record of A, and CNAME records, that is,
alias name (alias).
⵼ Click the zone mysite.local the right mouse button and select New Alias ​​(CNAME)

вµј Leave blank the name, and then click [Browse] button
вµј double click the WEB-COURSE
вµј double click the Forward Lookup Zones
вµј Double-click the item mysite.local
вµј Double click on www point

вµј Press [OK]
вµј you will see another entry that refers tohttp: //www.mysite.local

Check вµј started recording. Click Start вµј Run, type cmd, and press
[Enter]
вµј In the command window, type the nslookup command
вµј Consistently check the DNS recordshttp: //www.mysite.local, Info.mysite.local, mysite.local

вµј You should see the entry for each address entered in your DNS "

I do as instructed, but I see

"Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790]
(C) Microsoft Corporation 1985-2003.

C: \ Documents and Settings \ Administrator>nslookup
*** Can not find server name for address 192.168.0.1: Non-existent domain
Default Server: UnKnown
Address: 192.168.0.1

>mysite.local
Server: UnKnown
Address: 192.168.0.1

*** UnKnown can not find mysite.local: Non-existent domain
>"

I tried to create the loopback adapter, but it hangs a yellow triangle in the notification area.
Tell me what to do?

UPD : The issue resolved disconnecting the LAN connection in the network connections and turning on loopback adapter.

Post has been editedNeo54213 - 09.08.15, 20:57
Reason for editing: the issue resolved

Rep: (73)
I do not know who will keep enabled on the Windows Update server, but still if any, you shouldread. Fairly well as for Windows Server 2008R2, and possibly for the 2008.

Rep: (0)
good day
Windose Server 2007 + Exchange 6
Launched ntbackup to create shadow copies of databases eschenzh, but in the middle of the copying process procedure ends with an error.
The system logs the application error occurs

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ESE
Event Category: Logging / Recovery
Event ID: 474
Date: 08/30/2015
Time: 10:41:48
User: N / A
Computer: SERVER-2007
Description:
Information Store (3608) First Storage Group: The database page read from the file "E: \ Exchsrvr \ mdbdata \ priv1.edb" at offset 4,170,719,232 (0x00000000f8982000) (database page 1018241 (0xF8981)) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes failed verification due to a page checksum mismatch. The expected checksum was 3688532548220312989 (0x33304ccf57235d9d) and the actual checksum was 8371641752678700650 (0x742e0bd1b73e166a). The read operation will fail with error -1018 (0xfffffc06). If this condition persists then please restore the database from a previous backup. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.

It turns out that the data file is damaged and has to be physically restores. Backup is not normal. Last copy was made a few months ago.
It is logical to first check your hard disk for errors and in general his condition, but I'm afraid to turn off the base or a server overload. I think that the base can not connect after that (now it works with no visible problems for users).
I want to disable the database, make a copy and try to restore the database using ESEUTIL / P, but I'm afraid that ekchenzhe can not stand up after reboot (Database failure).
We have about 10 members, and I kept on each PC data Autluk (export mailbox to PST format). He then loaded into a clean Autluk.

voronin20 @ 14.09.2015, 13:52*
good day
Windose Server 2007 + Exchange 6
Launched ntbackup to create shadow copies of databases eschenzh, but in the middle of the copying process procedure ends with an error.
The system logs the application error occurs

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ESE
Event Category: Logging / Recovery
Event ID: 474
Date: 08/30/2015
Time: 10:41:48
User: N / A
Computer: SERVER-2007
Description:
Information Store (3608) First Storage Group: The database page read from the file "E: \ Exchsrvr \ mdbdata \ priv1.edb" at offset 4,170,719,232 (0x00000000f8982000) (database page 1018241 (0xF8981)) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes failed verification due to a page checksum mismatch. The expected checksum was 3688532548220312989 (0x33304ccf57235d9d) and the actual checksum was 8371641752678700650 (0x742e0bd1b73e166a). The read operation will fail with error -1018 (0xfffffc06). If this condition persists then please restore the database from a previous backup. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.

It turns out that the data file is damaged and has to be physically restores. Backup is not normal. Last copy was made a few months ago.
It is logical to first check your hard disk for errors and in general his condition, but I'm afraid to turn off the base or a server overload. I think that the base can not connect after that (now it works with no visible problems for users).
I want to disable the database, make a copy and try to restore the database using ESEUTIL / P, but I'm afraid that ekchenzhe can not stand up after reboot (Database failure).
We have about 10 members, and I kept on each PC data Autluk (export mailbox to PST format). He then loaded into a clean Autluk.

If the mail is unloaded in the PST, then you can not particularly steam .. An attempt to restore the ESEUTIL base.
If it did not help:
1. Turn off the mailbox database
2. Transferring a file to another directory priv1.edb
3. Mount the repository at this will be a warning that the repository is created empty
4. The snap-BP in each user's mailbox is deleted and re-you create a new blank repository
5. reconnect mailboxes, upload PST
6. Adjust BACKUP!

Can a program to try to restore morehttps://www.repairtoolbox.com/ru/exchangeserverrepair.htmlExchange Server Repair Toolbox

1. Even if the backup was made several months ago, but the logs are not removed and the cyclical logging logs off (the default setting), then restore from backup may - but does, nonetheless, it can be very long (the time depends on the volume of logs and disk speed).
You can try this process of restoring the database to the Recovery Storage Group (believe though it is written in the vehicle, "the Exchange 6", but we are talking about Exch 2003 - because at Win2K3 Exch 6.0 aka Exch2000 place was not supposed to).
2. What else can I try - to do a defragmentation (eseutil / g): if you are lucky, and error condition was among the empty page, then defragmenting it can not be considered (as opposed to backing up that reads all). Defragmetatsiyu quite possible provestina up base without disconnecting users for a long time (only on the backup time).

Guys, there is such a great program like SecurOS should I have it on Windows Server 2008. The whole essence of the program lies in the fact that to keep track of the picture through the camera.
as it gives them to monitor remotely through Apache TOMCAT (it actually is a web -. The interface and the program itself refers to Java), which is possible through a login and password (preset in Securos) log and track these cameras remotely.
Everything works, everything is there. But the question is whether it is possible to register a script that would be when entering certain users from the server to write letters through the mail or what some social networks such as viber, vatsap etc?
And if possible then tell me where to start.

Rep: (20)
Hello.
I have this problem:
Windows Server 2016 (license) + RDP 80 clients per user, in gpedit there is everything for forwarding printers. Printer drivers are.
1 - BUT, when users connect, licenses are not wasted!
2 - BUT, when a user connects, printers are not forwarded, although, on the very first power-on, the forwarding was successful.
Attached Image

Post has been editednikitadyachkov - 23.01.17, 11:10

Hello!

There are desktop. On it installed Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016, which, in turn, is mounted virtual Windows 10x64 Home client through Hyper-V Manager on a laptop running Windows 10x64 Enterprise. Is there a way to connect and work in this virtual Windows 10x64 Home directly from the server (without additional devices to the guest OS)? Can Windows Server 2016 is able to?

Rep: (7)
* nikitadyachkov , * nikitadyachkov ,
Hello, that license to start spending, you need to configure the clients to request these licenses, that's a good articletyts

Forwarding of printers configured on both sides, from the terminal server and on the part of the client, to check all forwarding has been activated

Post has been editedusenkov999 - 17.01.18, 20:42
Reason for editing: Completed

Rep: (3)
1) I need to share my computer for two. so at first I was able to control the second. and from the second to the first not to enter. it seems the administrator and guest? 2) in the second section, you need to have the ability to work remotely. (How to do it?) Will come and work remotely 2 people. one with the documents, the second with AutoCAD

Posted on 23/05/2018, 20:58:

wine server help? and which?

Rep: (43)
need advice on the utility for monitoring the status of the raid, and if the better he is able to separate the wood which ............
have win 2008r2 Interprise server motherboard MSI X58 Platinum to South Bridge ICH10R:
6 x SATA 3.0 Gb / s support for SATA RAID 0, 1, 5.10
and Raid 1 on two SSD Gydram C40
Which tool optimally deliver and firewood? ?

And yet all the time flashes download icon instead of the cursor

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 12/06/19, 18:46