> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

Windows Phone 7 Software Catalog

8 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Silverdict | Offline dictionary compatible with StarDict dictionaries
sensboston
Message#1
16.03.12, 20:23
Guru
[offline]

Group: Developers
Messages 4593
Check in: 01.03.10
Samsung Galaxy S9 Snapdragon

SilverDict download

Version: 1.9.2

Last update of the program in the header:15.05.2015

Attached Image
Attached Image

Description:
SilverDict is a simple, but fast and efficient offline dictionary, compatible with dictionaries in the format of the well-known StarDict. You will not need to switch languages ​​or translation directions manually, SilverDict performs a pass-through search in all installed dictionaries.
When you first start the program will offer you to download and install dictionaries from the online storage (containing files from the collection of free XDXF dictionarieshttp://sourceforge.net/projects/xdxf/files/), or your own StarDict dictionaries from SkyDrive and DropBox.

User dictionaries must meet the following conditions:
  • be in StarDict format, i.e. contain files with the same name and extensions * .idx, * .ifo, * .dict.dz or * .dict, optional * .syn; Also allowed is a nested directory with dictionary images;
  • The dictionary should be compressed using zip, or in the Linux compressed tarball, .tar.bz2;
  • for installation with sd-card (WP8, WP8.1), copy the * .bz2 archive (usually the standard for StarDict dictionaries), or the unpacked dictionary (must contain at least 4 files with the same name and the extensions ".dict", " .idx "," .ifo "and" .syn "), or a zip-archive with one or more dictionaries, whose file extension is changed to * .dic (i.e. the archive" MyDictionaries.zip "needs to be renamed to" MyDictionaries .zip.dic ") to the folder on the sd-card (available in Documents), and install it via the built-in Dictionary Manager. Attention: on phones without sd-card support, this option is not visible.

To download dictionaries you will need an Internet connection (but only for downloading; SilverDict does not require Internet to work)
Installation takes some time, so be patient.

I do not recommend installingtoo many dictionaries - it can slow down the search; Moreover, SilverDict can display no more than 8 dictionaries at a time.

Opportunities:
  • does not require an internet connection;
  • end-to-end search in all installed dictionaries;
  • support for images in dictionaries;
  • large online dictionary storage;
  • installation of user dictionaries from SkyDrive, DropBox and sd-card (for WP8 and WP8.1);

Russian interface: Not

New in release 1.9.2

• - added "grouping dictionaries";
    - improved user interface;
    - Added button to clear the input field;
    - Added translation by Enter;
    - added resizing of list fonts and input lines;
    - Now you can change the number of lines in the bookmarks of dictionaries (from 3 to 1) to increase the visibility of the list of words;
    - Added fast language switching in DictionaryManager via swipe between language buttons

Download:
Microsoft store:
Free (with advertisement) -http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=1f7a8b3a-0...a0-b41760e1dedc
Pro (no ads, $ 1.99) -http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=6b0...47-9e2520db0a07

Post has been editedsensboston - 16.05.15, 02:45
sensboston
Message#2
16.03.12, 22:28
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4593

There is no contradiction. Internet program for worknot needed, and advertising can be blocked (unless, of course, you know how).

--------------------
My applications for Windows Phone:
Voice translator | Silver dict | Russian TV
Mr.Sergey
Message#3
17.03.12, 19:55
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 171
Check in: 15.07.08

Well, finally, at least one adequate dictionary. We will see, and be sure to sign off on Markt when the program gets the green light.
Thanks to the author.
sensboston
Message#4
17.03.12, 21:20
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4593

You are welcome! You can post feature requests, Vishy and bug reports here (or on xda-dev), I regularly read both forums.

I forgot to write: in the plans there is support for synonyms (they simply did not reach the hands), and, possibly, sound files. There will also be an ads-free "Plus" version without ads, for 0.99 ¢. I will also be able to fasten the four-thread to "Plus", probably - but if there is a "demand". While the people something does not react much; Apparently, such a dictionary is not very necessary.

--------------------
SargeT
Message#5
17.03.12, 22:33
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 412
Check in: 08.03.08
Nokia Lumia 920

Lingua dictionaries would connect, and I agree to give $ 9.9 (by the way, you probably would like to write $ 0.99 or euro .99, but not .99 cents :))
But in general, I would have responded, but my phone is unbroken, the phone, and the search market does not give out anything :(
sensboston
Message#6
18.03.12, 05:25
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4593

The market will appear pretty soon: the current status is "passed certification and signed", which is quite surprising - the Voice Translator signed up for a week (hehe, maybe I found a know-how to get certified as soon as possible). You do not need to pay $ 9.99 (yes, it should be $ 0.99 or 99 ¢, less than Microsoft does not allow to install), the program in the current state works great with converted Lingvo dictionaries.

MORE: it is now done that on the fifth launch the program asks to speed it on the market. While the application is not on the market, you do not need to try to vote, just click OK - there will be no more questions. But, nevertheless, I would ask (later) to mark the real rate of the program and comment. I do not ask for obviously positive reviews, only real ones. The only thing, before compiling, it is better to contact me directly. Since free apps are my hobby, I think we can "agree" here :)

--------------------
sensboston
Message#7
02.04.12, 19:14
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4593

Full featured version 1.2 is available atMarketplace.

--------------------
Masta1112
Message#8
05.04.12, 13:23
User
[offline]

Messages 67
Check in: 26.06.11
Samsung Omnia 7 GT-I8700

A cool dictionary, thank you very much, I have already downloaded a bunch of dictionaries from the 12th lingua, installed about 15 pieces, everything works without brakes.
Wishes:
1. How to remove ads so that the space above the search bar does not disappear?
2. Not enough search history
3. Something like flashcards in Diodict would be great at all, greatly facilitates the memorization of words.
4. I do not know how realistic this can be done, but for example, Lingvo and some other dictionaries do not make a difference in the search for vowels with umlauts and without in German, i.e. if you write Mddchen or Madchen the result is the same. In Silverdict, if you write without umlaut, then nothing comes out, apparently perceived as an incorrectly written word. I would like to make no difference when looking, as Introduce vowels with umlauts stupidly longer.

Post has been editedMasta1112 - 05.04.12, 13:31
sensboston
Message#9
05.04.12, 16:11
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4593

Thank you very much for the comments, I am glad that you liked the program!

1. $ 0.99 will be available soon (less than MS does not allow to install) "plus" version, without ads. The only delay for the icon designer is thinking how to make it more beautiful.
2. And how important is the search history? I myself have been using SilverDict myself since last October, and quite regularly (it was simply not in a “merchandise” form), and I have never had a need for history. Moreover, after some tests (for informal vocabulary: D) I was very happy about this. My principle is: such applications should be as simple as possible, with a minimum number of options (so I don’t have what the Indians and Chinese usually send - Send Email, Send SMS, and other Labuda - it's not easy, but very simple Only nafik nobody needs!)
3. What is flashcards, can I give an example? And how do you think they are best implemented in the Metro-interface paradigm?
4. This is not difficult (like, a special fix for umlauts), but I will need help in beta testing someone umlaut-speaking :) If you have time & desire, write on sens boston at gmail dot com

--------------------
Masta1112
Message#10
05.04.12, 17:25
User
[offline]

Messages 67
Check in: 26.06.11
Samsung Omnia 7 GT-I8700

1. We are waiting for the 99 cent version
2. If it significantly reduces the performance of the program, then okay, you can and without history. I still used DioDict so far and was basically satisfied with their design and functionality, the only thing that they had strained was the impossibility of adding vocabulary databases and that they needed a separate application for each language.
3. This is a type of list of words that would be useful to learn. When I found the word of interest, insert a plus sign button in the area to supplement this dictionary entry with my list of useful words. Well, realize the transition as well as you have completed the replenishment of dictionaries, i.e. scrolling sideways from the search bar you find yourself on the history page, then scrolling sideways and you're already in flashcards mode. For added convenience, you can add the option of creating multiple lists so as not to clutter up much one, well, so that the difference appears from the page with the story (if you still decide to do it).
4. We'll test it with pleasure, I use the dictionary almost every day mostly in German and English.
5. Even today, several times the application has closed itself, but it can only be mine.
sensboston
Message#11
05.04.12, 18:41
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4593

Okie-doki, thanks!
Those. flash cards are, like, favorites? Let's do it!
On the account "closed itself" - this is very likely, since there was neither time nor resources for a special beta test, unfortunately: (If you manage to reproduce the fall, it would be very nice if you wrote me a "soap" or in lichku conditions and sequence of actions that lead to an error. Thank you in advance!

--------------------
PanDa777
Message#12
07.04.12, 09:02
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 19
Check in: 25.01.08
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300

From the repository, the "Full something from there" English dictionary is not downloaded. Nokia Lumia
sensboston
Message#13
10.04.12, 03:09
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4593

PanDa777 @ 04/07/2012, 02:02*
From the repository, the "Full something from there" English dictionary is not downloaded. Nokia Lumia

Specify, pls, language pair and still the full name of the dictionary. Thank!

--------------------
vland
Message#14
04.05.12, 21:29
Local
[offline]

Messages 146
Check in: 01.12.06
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S 6/128

sensboston, Hello!

Is there any news on the version without ads?

There are a couple of wishes:
- when downloading dictionaries from the repository, you need to make it possible to select several dictionaries for download, and make downloads through the "background agent" whenever possible.
- in the main window or in the menu, make it possible to select a language pair to search for a translation, so that he would not search all dictionaries at once.

Thank!

Post has been editedvland - 04.05.12, 21:30
Reason for editing: spelling
sensboston
Message#15
09.05.12, 21:06
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4593

Yes, there is news - new versions (including the "Plus" version, no ads, $ 0.99) are sent to MP for certification, if everything is OK (pah-pah), they should appear at the end of this - the beginning of next week.

About wishes: you can download at the same time even now (and even quit Dictionary Manager, the main thing is not to quit the program). I don’t want to get involved with background agents, since downloading and installing dictionaries is a one-time action and works quite quickly. Plus, unpacking and re-indexing (if necessary) dictionaries is a very resource-intensive operation, and the "agent" will not pull it.
Regarding the absence of a language pair: this is one of the main features of this application, especially my favorite, so I will not do this (in addition, I am terribly annoyed by these countless dictionaries with language pairs). In addition, thanks to smart indexing, the search happens almost instantly, despite the size and number of dictionaries (I’ll make a reservation right away - I checked it with no more than 8 concurrently working dictionaries!)

--------------------
orangedin
Message#16
15.05.12, 20:47
Local
[offline]

Messages 139
Check in: 17.01.07
Oneplus 5 8/128

German dictionaries are very bad.
sensboston
Message#17
16.05.12, 08:37
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4593

German dictionaries are very bad.

In what sense? You mean all the bad, like "Hitler Kaput, die, damnura damn"? : D Or are you not satisfied with the free dictionaries offered by default SilverDict? So nobody canyouto prevent the addition of a stolen dictionary from Lingvo / Socrates (etc., etc.) converted to StarDict format, the program provides excellent opportunities for this. Personally, I do not do warez and theft; on Deutsche is also not a "fault", so I can’t help with anything ...

Or make and lay outgoodGerman dictionary, copyright-free - I am sure a lot of people will say thank you to you (polite and cultured people, fortunately, have not completely transferred in Russia and Germany), and I will gladly add it to the SD base.

P.S. The people surprise me, to be honest ... :( However, such is "our people are the same ... ... ..." - continue to rhyme according to the degree of licentiousness: D

Post has been editedsensboston - 16.05.12, 08:42

--------------------
orangedin
Message#18
16.05.12, 11:37
Local
[offline]

Messages 139
Check in: 17.01.07
Oneplus 5 8/128

I traveled around Germany for three weeks, translated mainly car signs and indexes, there are no 90% of words used on them in the dictionary. I will not make my own dictionary and I will not post it, I do not know how and I do not want it. I would have bought good, no problem, but no. Thanks for the free program and features, but the proposed German dictionaries are pumped up. But to search / compile / convert broke, it's easier to pay money :)
sensboston
Message#19
16.05.12, 19:14
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4593

The first query in the google "StarDict German Automobile Dictionary" returns a link tohttp://clubrus.kulichki.net/cgi-bin/yabb/Y...;num=1273023980From where the required (automotive) dictionary sways perfectly and is installed in SD (along the way, on the same forum a bunch of converted Russian-German and German-Russian dictionaries from Lingvo).

True, I'm afraid that the translation of "plates and pointers", which are proper names (mostly), you will not find in any dictionary ...

Post has been editedBlackfish - 17.05.12, 11:29
Reason for editing: Lost a little rudeness

--------------------
sensboston
Message#20
19.05.12, 18:08
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4593

Version 1.3 is available on the Marketplace. Changes: some bugs fixed, work with umlauts (diacritical characters) fixed, search now works correctly, plus - you can enter using "normal" counterparts. Simplified interface for changing the order of dictionaries - now dictionaries can be moved by drag'n'drop.

Also added is the ads-free version, for those who want ($ 0.99),http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/6b0...47-9e2520db0a07

Post has been editedsensboston - 19.05.12, 18:10

--------------------
kinjal
Message#21
20.06.12, 14:00
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 12
Check in: 11.09.10

Thank you very much for the program. It works even better with lingua dictionaries, I really like it :)

8 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/29/19 05:36