Stupid questions before buying Windows Phone - device | Any questions from people wanting to buy WP and answers to them

Rep: (1082)
Stupid questions on Windows Phone.

We destroy myths, remove fears ...

In this topic, anyone who wants to buy a smartphone based on Windows Phone can ask questions about this OS, programs for it and smartphones about it. Any questions, even the most stupid.
If you are already a happy owner of a smartphone on this OS and would like to ask a question, please contact the topic Ambulance for WP beginners .

Base of questions and answers
Question: If I already purchased the device on WP, where can I go for help?
Answer:Ambulance for WP beginners

Friends, I repeat, only future owners of the phone on WP ask questions in this thread. If you have already purchased this unit - please go to the topicAmbulance for WP beginners. In this topic, such questions will continue to be deleted.

Quote correctly .

FAQ for updating Windows Phone 8.1

Post has been editedUncle - 04.08.14, 20:25

Rep: (6)
Will be the first: blush:
Full unlock - is it the same Interop unlock or not (if not, what's the difference)?

Rep: (78)
rulezzzz08
Interop-unlock - launching native code via COM-Interop-Bridge.
Full unlock - the ability to run not Silverlight applications, but the usual binary exe file for the WinCE kernel.
пїЅ

Can one of them be put on omnia w or lumia 710?

Rep: (0)
stupid question: rolleyes:
Does the phone on wm7 have the ability to customize the appearance (themes, icons, wallpapers, menu background)?
Provided that the phone does not need to be hacked? what color solutions can you edit yourself?

rulezzzz08 @ 03/09/2012, 00:53*
on omnia w

Yes.
rulezzzz08 @ 03/09/2012, 00:53*
lumia 710?

Not.
Irene_mo @ 03/09/2012, 2:05 pm*
Does the phone on wm7 have the ability to customize the appearance (themes, icons, wallpapers, menu background)?
Provided that the phone does not need to be hacked?

Independent editing of color schemes without jailbreaking, as well as changing icons is impossible. You can use the standard ready-made color schemes. Wallpaper can not be set (even if there is a jailbreak), just change the pictures on the lock screen.

Alex,
And on jail is planned jail?

Rep: (78)
rulezzzz08
You can make the official jailbreak developer from Microsoft, readhere

Rep: (8)
The question is how long does the system work in time compared to android? On an android, usually 12-14 hours and full discharge.

pavelgunkin @ 03/09/2012, 21:42*
The question is how long does the system work in time compared to android? On an android, usually 12-14 hours and full discharge.

It all depends on how you use the device. When I automatically adjust the brightness, about 30 minutes of conversations, an Internet hour, mail and VC in the constant push, well, somewhere 30 minutes long - the device lasts 16-18 hours. Well, at least in the settings it’s written that way) In general, it’s always enough for 3 months a day (from morning to evening).
p.s. htc radar

The friend htc sensation uses about the same, but the brightness is always at a minimum, enough for the same)

Post has been editedJust_Makc - 09.03.12, 20:58
Reason for editing: ochepyatka

and what is the speed of IE9 in Edge networks? And is it possible to turn off pictures in it and save pages for offline viewing?

Another question, navigation - does it work without the Internet (wm7 phones are interested in)?

Rep: (32)
rulezzzz08,
IE9 - there is no image shutdown (in some way there are mobile versions for quick download from sites),
no save pages. In the edge networks, mobile versions behave well, but if you want to load something like engadget - good luck, in this hellish wait)

Here we must remember that there are still browsers on the IE9 engine, for example, UC Web / ..., which, maybe, can save, but I don’t use them.

irene_mo,
Nokia Drive, then 2, or 3, in general, the April release, promised to make offline on MWC.

Rep: (31)
Here we must remember that there are still browsers on the IE9 engine, for example, UC Web / ..., which, perhaps, can save

UcWeb can do everything and caches pages and works very fast.

Another question, navigation - does it work without the Internet (wm7 phones are interested in)?

I have a navigator ported with Nokia WP7 on Mozart.
Works without the Internet. The map is only naturally need to pre-download.
Not a bad program, but there are no house numbers. Well, nothing, as I manage.

Post has been editedsk54 - 12.03.12, 05:46

Rep: (610)
M
Discussion of the alphabet in the program menu moved to the topicAmbulance for beginners WP7 (Post # 11930545).

Post has been editedRomaN - 12.03.12, 19:25

Rep: (16)
There was a choice of a smartphone (although it may be foolish to think now, I’ll buy in the summer), I stopped on the android, but I still paid attention to the WF, it seemed to scare the feedback about the OS closeness, that it was impossible to totally fit everything in android and that there are few applications, but since I was not the owner of the android and when I purchased it would be my first acquaintance with smartphones, then why would the VF so under-love have no effect then?

A couple of questions.
How does the process of downloading music to the phone from the computer?
What is a jail break?
I heard about the fact that instead of memory cards are used virtual counterparts, can be more?
How fast is the number of applications growing?
Is it possible to install applications not from the VF market?
What about dual-core HF? I want to take the phone for a long time.
What about the vitality of the VF in comparison with android?
What is now the most powerful Vfon on the OP and processor?
Is the application application strongly demanding? It seems that somewhere they wrote that OS does not require serious resources.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

IndieOk @ 03/12/2012, 9:09 PM*
How does the process of downloading music to the phone from the computer?

Through the Zune software, which is designed to synchronize.
What is a jail break?

Jailbreak is designed to install programs not from the Marketplace (broken and unofficial applications from XAP - special archives that contain these programs).
How fast is the number of applications growing?

http://www.windowsphoneapplist.com/en/stats/
Is it possible to install applications not from the VF market?

We look at the answer a little higher.
What about the vitality of the VF in comparison with android?

Silly questions on Windows Phone 7 (Post # 11873990)

I heard that the student jail makes it possible to install only 3 hacked applications. Is it so?

rulezzzz08 @ 03/12/2012, 10:12 PM*
I heard that the student jail makes it possible to install only 3 hacked applications. Is it so?

Unfortunately yes.

I also heard that applications reserve memory. how much?

Rep: (154)
rulezzzz08,
No difference. They do not hang in memory, as on WM6.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/24/19 12:10