3 pagesV  1 2 3 > »  

> GPS navigation playbook | Discussion of the work of gps, maps, programs for navigation
dred78
Message#1
26.02.12, 21:26
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 3310
Check in: 20.02.10
Apple iPhone XR

GPS navigation playbook
Attached ImageGPS navigation Playbook, Discussion of the work of gps, maps, programs for navigation
Description | GPS navigation playbook | Newbie Questions |Blackberry | Discussion | Programs | Applications for converting Android applications into Playbook applications | Official website of the manufacturer |

BBM Group savagemessiahzine.com download

| Blackberry Club | Purchase BlackBerry devices online stores | Glossary

This topic discusses the operation of the Playbook GPS module, map software, navigation software.

Post has been editeddred78 - 22.06.12, 13:14

--------------------
iPhone XR, iPhone X
dred78
Message#2
27.02.12, 02:54
[offline]

Messages 3310
Apple iPhone XR

While I am in active search of the navigation program, I checked the work of Bing Maps, Google Maps with the navigator for android, Magellan Compas, MapApp and the program for determining the coordinates of the GPS Monitor. I am looking for a program that would load the cards exclusively through BIS. My tests, in determining the possibility of working through the encore, I think are not very accurate, since I did the first launch of some programs at home and I think some of the programs managed to load the cards via wifi, maybe it was done by Google Maps, Magellan Compas, MapApp. Of course, for the purity of the experiment, I deleted, and then reinstalled these programs again, but the possibility is not excluded that when deleting the programs, the data of these programs was not deleted. By this I will write maybe working through bis. Some programs were launched only in an apartment by a window not on the street and at home, waiting for the satellite to be found in each of them for a maximum of 10 minutes. Here are the first results:

1. Bing maps, the standard program in the firmware, launched only on the street, satellites were not detected, it seems to work through BIS, showed a map of the USA.
2. Google Maps with Navigatorfor android converted for a playbook, it ran both at the window and on the street, through BIS it seems to work, but the satellites were not found.
3. Magellan compas, paid prog from the store, used the trial version, the satellites found very quickly within 2 minutes, uses Google maps, but the streets on the map are in Latin, which is not very good for me.
4. MapApp, a free program from the store, uses Google maps, the streets are in Russian, BIS supports, but did not find the satellites, and launched both at home and on the street.
5. GPS MonitorA paid program from the store, designed to determine the coordinates, launched only at home satellites are not detected.

I hope that by common efforts in this topic we will find good maps, a good program for online navigation and, if lucky, thanks to the conversion of Android applications and offline maps. And it would not be bad to know which module is in the playbook and how it works, there is not very much information about it in the internet, I just got the information that there is a gps module in the playbook, it does not support a-gps, that you need to do gps to make it work the so-called gps initialization, for this you need to use MapApp, supposedly this program must find satellites for 4 minutes and after that gps will always work without problems, but in my playbook this method did not work.

Post has been editeddred78 - 27.02.12, 02:59

--------------------
iPhone XR, iPhone X
ayaromenok
Message#3
27.02.12, 10:12
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 361
Check in: 21.02.10
LG G5

because Now I am writing a GPS tracker for a playbook - I can add that GPS is not very well implemented in a Playbook - sometimes you have to start the program, close it, and re-launch it. How to get around this with a third-party program - I do not know yet (except for the method above). sometimes it only helps to restart the device.
if I find out / find another solution (or reason, and its workaround), I will unsubscribe.

--------------------
LG G5 SE (H840) + Acer Iconia tab 8w (W1-810) + Sony PRS-300 + Blackberry Q5 + Nokia E62;)
dred78
Message#4
27.02.12, 20:18
[offline]

Messages 3310
Apple iPhone XR

Today Google Maps again tormented how just the prog maps works fine, but the satellites are still not found, but it became sure that the prog can work only through bisDoes not work through Encore, the previous time the cards cached by wifi were displayed: blush:

ayaromenokI do not even know what to think, whether third-party navigation programs do not work correctly, or the gps module is mysterious

Post has been editeddred78 - 28.02.12, 17:07

--------------------
iPhone XR, iPhone X
ayaromenok
Message#5
29.02.12, 15:48
Local
[offline]

Messages 361
Check in: 21.02.10
LG G5

dred78 @ 02.27.2012, 19:18*
whether the gps module is mysterious

I tend to this version - in general - (subjectively, of course) the sensitivity in the city is low at the receiver (worse than bt-gps & moto milestone). Well, it's already normal outside the city - 7 satellites in Kiev are taking stably - so for testing, open space is very necessary;)
besides - in the API only basic functions (i.e. it is impossible to reach the satellites themselves - only latitude / longitude and the like are available);)

PS: in comparison with asus transformer prime - where physically there is a GPS, but it was programmatically disabled due to a very unstable job - the playbook is not so bad;)

--------------------
LG G5 SE (H840) + Acer Iconia tab 8w (W1-810) + Sony PRS-300 + Blackberry Q5 + Nokia E62;)
dred78
Message#6
02.03.12, 01:24
[offline]

Messages 3310
Apple iPhone XR

At the moment, there is no navigation prog and prog maps using exclusively bis and gps module not quite working normally, waiting for the firmware update to fix the work of gps if of course this will be: blush:

--------------------
iPhone XR, iPhone X
valera_hh
Message#7
26.04.12, 18:04
Experienced
[online]

Messages 513
Check in: 05.09.08
Asus p526

today I went through 15 programs on GPS (I converted it myself), only 5 of them worked fine, I struggled with the Navitel for a day (I had some ideas about it), the launch didn’t work out yet, and I don’t want to do anything with a lot more gadgets to work (demanded java package), I keep quiet about GARMIN. I'll post a bit later what works
kaurineko
Message#8
28.04.12, 18:24
User
[offline]

Messages 95
Check in: 02.04.10

today I went through 15 programs on GPS (I converted it myself), only 5 of them worked fine, I struggled with the Navitel for a day (I had some ideas about it), the launch didn’t work out yet, and I don’t want to do anything with a lot more gadgets to work (demanded java package), I keep quiet about GARMIN. I'll post a bit later what works

valera_hh, we look forward to the results.

Post has been editedkaurineko - 28.04.12, 18:24

--------------------
Google Nexus 7 2013 32Gb: [ROM]LineageOS 14.1[KERNEL]Stock[RECOVERY]TWRP 3.0.0
bva_bonda
Message#9
28.04.12, 19:36
Local
[offline]

Messages 200
Check in: 22.09.07

They write on crackberry that Osmand has earned, but I have not been able to deal with this program yet.
obone
Message#10
28.04.12, 21:26
Local
[offline]

Messages 277
Check in: 13.03.12
Blackberry playbook

Bva_bonda @ 04/28/2012, 8:36 PM*
They write on crackberry that Osmand has earned, but I have not been able to deal with this program yet.

OsmAnd for PlayBook

--------------------
Developer, QNX RTOS, BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook
St.Petersburg BlackBerry Dev. Group
valera_hh
Message#11
28.04.12, 21:34
Experienced
[online]

Messages 513
Check in: 05.09.08
Asus p526

Yes, Osmand works without problems, a very pleasant program, I still struggle with the Navitel
kaurineko
Message#12
28.04.12, 23:16
User
[offline]

Messages 95
Check in: 02.04.10

My GPS turns on apparently only after launching MapApp, then everything is seen in other navigation programs like Google Maps. On average, 8 out of 15 satelliteshttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/582382/Screenshots/IMG_00000013.jpgOne problem: MapApp does not start without an Internet, which makes it extremely difficult to use a playbooká as a navigator.

--------------------
Google Nexus 7 2013 32Gb: [ROM]LineageOS 14.1[KERNEL]Stock[RECOVERY]TWRP 3.0.0
Anatolysam
Message#13
04.05.12, 11:24
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 610
Check in: 29.10.08
Essential Phone

obone @ 04/28/2012, 10:26 PM*
OsmAnd for PlayBook

I’d like to write where for him the PFD maps download)

--------------------
Essential Phone + Apple iPad Air + Apple Macbook Air + Pebble Time 2
fvital
Message#14
15.05.12, 13:56
User
[offline]

Messages 68
Check in: 18.11.07

Guys, here are the instructions for OsmAndhttp://habrahabr.ru/post/124295/

--------------------
A person’s mind is easier to judge by his questions than by his answers.
Kir Goo Doo
Message#15
22.06.12, 02:52
Think again
[offline]

Messages 3174
Check in: 06.08.10
Garmin-Asus A50

vics001
Message#16
01.07.12, 23:37
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 7
Check in: 23.11.10
HTC Hero

Hello everyone, I am the developer of OsmAnd. Osmand 0.8 came out, plans to add a paid version to the market and generally provide normal support for the Playbook. That is, to do as for Android, unfortunately, I do not have a device to test, which stops mostly.

In general, we need volunteers who can check how the program works, write victor.shcherb +savagemessiahzine.com@ gmail.com
dred78
Message#17
02.07.12, 00:07
[offline]

Messages 3310
Apple iPhone XR

vics001,In this way, it will be possible to test the program normally, better create a separate topic on this forum, post the program and instructions for installing it, describe the questions to the users and provide them with technical support in solving problems, there are developers on this forum who did this.

--------------------
iPhone XR, iPhone X
Kir Goo Doo
Message#18
02.07.12, 02:14
Think again
[offline]

Messages 3174
Garmin-Asus A50

Well, since the author Osmand himself officially appeared in this thread, it’s time to add something unofficial.

OruxMaps
Attached Image

Application for hiking tourist navigation.
For the correct functioning of the file selection dialog, the OI File manager is required (see below).
Some features require GPS Status (see below).
Vector map of all Russia. Unzip to ~ / misc / android / oruxmaps / mapfiles /
Raster cache for some online maps can be prepared using Mobile Atlas Creator.

Maverick
Attached Image

Application for hiking tourist navigation.
To switch to landscape mode, select from the menu “More - Switch orientation”. The source of Google maps is selected by default, but it does not load - this is under Android as well. From a long tapa on the map, followed by the selection of the menu item “Search nearby” crashes.
Raster cache for some online maps can be prepared using Mobile Atlas Creator.

Mapquest
Attached Image

In theory, a full-featured replacement for applications "Google Maps" and "Yandex Maps." Online maps with points of interest selection, address search and car navigation with voice prompts. True, the search in Russia practically does not work.

GPS Status & Toolbox
Attached Image

In fact, the standard android application to inform about the work of the GPS module, the satellites involved, the coordinates of the current location. and direction of travel. Can be used to navigate to a given object (in direction). Integrated as an external application into many mapping programs, including OruxMaps and OsmAnd.

GPS Test
Attached Image

A program to display information about the operation of the GPS module, the satellites involved and the coordinates of your current location.

OI File manager
Attached Image

Simple file manager. Integrated into many applications as a file selection dialog, including OruxMaps.

Mobile Atlas Creator with an additional set of sources.

A small comparison of off-road navigation applications.
Attached Image

Post has been editedKir Goo Doo - 02.07.12, 08:46

--------------------
Kir Goo Doo
Message#19
04.07.12, 18:16
Think again
[offline]

Messages 3174
Garmin-Asus A50

goTo
City tourist guide-navigator.
56 cities of the world.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Information about the nearest museums, parks, cafes, etc.
Attached Image

Attached Image

The atlas of the selected city is downloaded offline and does not require an internet connection for access during the journey.
Fully functional on the playbook, except that the information screens work only in portrait mode.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

During map navigation, the display mode switches according to the accelerometer readings.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Language - Russian, English.

For comfortable work with GPS navigation, I recommend upgrading to OS version 2.1 beta.
You can check the operation of the GPS module by going with the tablet under the open sky, preferably clear, and running the GPS Status application. Depending on your location, in 1-10 minutes it will determine and show your coordinates, as well as the number and location of the satellites involved.

--------------------
search3
Message#20
24.08.12, 02:44
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 42
Check in: 11.01.10
HP iPAQ hx2750

and no one tried to connect an external GPS type Nokia LD-3W, or an external antenna type External GPS Antenna for

FUJITSU Lifebook U820 U2010, to improve the signal? maybe a stupid question, sorry: blush:
Well, for using the playbook as a navigator in a car for example.

Post has been editedsearch3 - 24.08.12, 02:48

--------------------
It was them: motorola T288 - Ericksson R520m - Nokia 9500 ---- and now :)))>>- HP iPAQ hx2750 + Nokia e90 + BlackBerry PlayBook 16Gb :-)
I want these devices to help people (like me);), it is sweet and angry.

3 pagesV  1 2 3 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/09/19 22:55