HP Pavilion DV6--6b54er (sandy bridge) - Discussion | [notebook] This includes laptops in 2011 with intel radeon6770 t

Rep: (214)
HP Pavilion DV6-6b54er Laptop.
Discussion пїЅ

Windows 8-8.1 пїЅ | Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows 7 пїЅ | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Specifications
Specifications
    [Hardware ]
  • The product's name: dv6-6b54er
  • Code of product: A2Y96EA
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-2430M; 2.4 GHz
  • CPU cache: 3 MB L3 Cache
  • RAM: 6 GB DDR3
  • The maximum amount of RAM: up to 16 GB DDR3 (1366 MHz-max)
  • Video card: AMD Radeon HD 6770M (2 GB DDR5 dedicated video memory, up to 5.22 GB total)
  • Display: BrightView high definition LED backlight (1366 x 768) with a diagonal of 15.6 "(39.6 cm)
  • HDD: 640 GB SATA (5400 rpm)
  • Drive: Super Multi DVD В± R / RW with dual layer support
  • LAN card: Built-in 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
  • Wireless connection: Bluetooth 802.11 b / g / n
  • Sound: Two stereo speakers with software from Beats Audio
  • Keyboard: Full-size keyboard with built-in numeric keypad
  • Pointing device: TouchPad with multi-touch input and on / off button
  • HP TrueVision HD webcam with built-in digital microphone and backlight
    [Plug]
  • Card reader: Secure Digital MultiMedia support
  • 1 VGA port
  • 2 headphone jack
  • 1 microphone input
  • 2 USB 2.0 port
  • 2 USB 3.0 port
  • 1 RJ45 connector
    [Dimensions]
  • Dimensions: 37.8 x 24.68 x 3.52 cm
  • Weight: From 2.91 kg
    [Power Supply]
  • AC power supply, 120 W
  • 6 cell lithium ion battery (Li-Ion)
    [Software]
  • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
  • Symantec Norton Internet Security (60 days automatic update)
  • Section for recovery (including the possibility of separate restoration of system applications and drivers)
  • Additional partition redistribution for recovery
  • Recovery CD / DVD creation tool
  • Help and support for laptops
  • Microsoft Office Starter: Only Word and Excel with limited functionality and advertising. Without PowerPoint or Outlook. For full Office 2010 functionality, purchase software.
  • Internet solutions:
  • HP Setup Manager
  • HP Support Assistant
  • HP Recovery Manager
  • Cyberlink youcam
  • Windows Live Essential
  • HP Games from WildTangent
  • Adobe Reader
  • Adobe Flash Player
  • EasyBits Magic Desktop
  • HP CoolSense

A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Reviews
Utility
Problem solving
Battlefield 3 often crashes after a few minutes of play
Put firewood 12.3 or 12.8 from leshcat, there is no such problem on them.

Why are the drivers for the video card on the hp site so rarely updated?
Because for 64-bit systems they must be signed through Microsoft, the signature is a prerequisite and is made for money, so if you don’t want to wait for the official version, then look for alternative versions, for example from leshcat.

The video card does not seem to work in games and heavy applications, maybe it broke?
The built-in video card just works, the drivers decide that its performance will be enough, just forcibly turn on a discrete video card for this application. Or switch to manual setting video mode in BIOSfixed .

Sometimes in games there are short brakes, how to solve?
The problem of firewood ati, for example, in idle when watching screen savers or while you went to drink tea, the drivers specifically reduce performance in idle. Solves the inclusion of a more stable mode in bios - videocard mode-fixed.

I put ssd into my laptop, made a system disk dump and restored it to a new ssd, what should I do next?
Set up the system manually on manuals in google or just download this program and use it.Tyrk

Drivers

We hide the pictures under the spoiler!How to hide?

Topics Curator: montikov-d .

Post has been editedstp101 - 11.07.18, 23:55
Reason for editing: New cap edited by aleksgrayvoron

Rep: (75)
Alexcomko,
Alexcomko @ 04/09/2012, 06:55*
I’m afraid it’s more likely the matter in Windows, I consulted with a familiar computer technician, he says that all the head sex is due to the fact that the Windows is 64 bit ... it’s a lot of trouble, the firewood gets up crooked, programs, etc. in general I’ll go and install a normal Windows, then I will unsubscribe how is it))

Windows has nothing to do with it, just the manufacturer’s installation curves, well, it happens, just restore a clean Windows image with recovery, or put it. Without x64, it’s nowhere today, all the programs from release 7 are already made for it, even netbooks and those x64, I think the support of x86 may be removed by Maysoft soon or forced to remove the software manufacturers. Maybe the firewood initially conflicts, maybe a lot of problems, I would probably solve this problem in an hour if I had a beech in my hands.

And without 64 bits you get a gig of the frame, the rest will be idle.
M3gtr1 @ 04/09/2012, 08:53*
to RC_Gremlin,

Thanks again for your help! Recovery was successful.
I still can’t decide one thing: if the HP TOOLS partition is made logical, will it work?
It is necessary to split the disk with Windows into 2, but without converting to dynamic.

P.S. It is impossible to compare so superficially with the firmware, the laptops can be equal in filling, but the quality of the materials, design and battery life of the firmware are beyond competition. And MacOS will work better on its own poppy.

I don’t know about the hard drive, I haven’t touched it at all yet, I don’t need it, I’ll buy a 16 GB flash drive and save it to it, I’ll take down the recovery section.

You can just compare with firmware in terms of performance, the main difference is that there is a poppy, and not Windows. Of course, the components in the firmware for 55-65 thousand are more expensive, for example, the matrix is ​​generally perfect, but we have a beech for 26 thousand, the difference is on the face. Although there are more sophisticated variations of our beech trees, it’s more expensive by 10-15 thousand in the USA. I now have shoals along the body such as slots and small bends of the keyboard (I think it can be fixed during disassembly and subsequent assembly), but even in this form, for example, it will have a faster video due to the large amount of memory.

The Mac is now installed almost clean, emulating the necessary devices or even using native firewood, because iron is like everyone else. Collecting a PC on a poppy 1 in 1 is not a problem for me, I do not bother with all sorts of emulations, but with laptops it is harder, a more specific set of logic such as usb 3.0 touchpads, speakers, wi fi modules.

Alexcomko @ 04/09/2012, 13:10*
put the wines 7 64 ... maybe the assembly is unsuccessful, but the WiFi fell off ... sadly like that, I roll back to the original XD

I can give you one piece of advice, don’t ever put assemblies, they will cut out something unnecessary for you, and then you will rake bugs, so always put clean images, especially now there is a nice official program that writes any Windows image official starting with Vista on a USB flash drive. )

In general, a month of using the machine, namely the machine, because it can easily compete with my old systematic, despite the fact that this is a full-fledged beech with full preservation of mobile properties. It easily works for 4-5 hours, depending on the load, then it is not as heavy as my old asus f80s, despite the fact that there is a diagonal of about 14 inches and it is set several times smaller than a powerful filling.

An even greater surprise was the normal operation of the Intel accelerator, although as normal, of course with bugs, but the performance is at least at the level of the most miserable video card, and not the card of the century before last, and all this is built into the processor. I didn’t play the newest games, but on full requirements, exceptions are graphic bugs and sometimes I don’t like anti-aliasing, AMD llano does better with graphics, I don’t think that there is no normal video card and there are all kinds of improvements for video content and of course with smoothing things are more fun. This is good for us, because you can put the beech on your knees and play your favorite CS or WoW, for example, the autonomy will be more than an hour and the performance is similar. dad wants to change his old hp 2006 from xp and core 2 duo to a new beech, I wanted him the same solution as buying at home, but now I think that something finer and better in terms of other characteristics is suitable for him, and air doesn't seem like just a toy anymore.

It would be necessary for Temko to stir up the game on hd 3000.

Post has been editedRC_Gremlin - 09.04.12, 12:49

Rep: (27)
for assemblies I agree to 100 (especially with laptops)

Now report on typewriterhttp://market.yandex.ru/model.xml?hid=9101...62&clid=502 :
+ touchpad, keyboard, autonomy (in economy mode), performance, sound, aluminum on the case, balanced characteristics, size / weight, design.
- a very small button on a DVD drive, a small distance between USB ports.

Post has been editedRC_Gremlin - 03.05.12, 14:36

Rep: (7)
RC_Gremlin you can arrange distribution on a rootkerera and then the torrent file cannot be downloaded (((

Flap_of_wings @ 04/10/2012, 08:04*
RC_Gremlin you can arrange distribution on a rootkerera and then the torrent file cannot be downloaded (((

Hmm, everything shakes for me, but what should I do there?

Rep: (13)
Alexcomko @ 04/09/2012, 13:10*
put the wines 7 64 ... maybe the assembly is unsuccessful, but the WiFi fell off ... sadly like that, I roll back to the original XD
It's not about the assembly, on Win7 Ultimate (a copy of the original) with Broadcom firewood, too, the Wi-Fi constantly fell off .... it was impossible to work at all, after that I came to the conclusion that only everything factory works well for HP ...
RC_Gremlin @ 04/10/2012, 11:35 a.m.*
Hmm, everything shakes for me, but what should I do there?
There, the administrator covered the distribution while. It is necessary to write checksums and correct screenshots.
Dim`yn @ 04/10/2012, 00:04*
- a very small button on a DVD drive, a small distance between USB ports.
+100500
RC_Gremlin @ 04/09/2012, 13:32*
I don’t know on the hard drive, I haven’t touched at all yet
I know :) I downloaded Acronis Disk Director 12 Advanced, he found all the disks. I redid the tools section in the logical one, and broke the main into 2 sections. The drive letter is set to "F" to avoid glitches. Everything works, including recovery and the TULZ section :)

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 10.04.12, 13:03
Reason for editing: reduced the line spacing.

Does anyone know what is the difference between the new version of the bios that was twisted on HP?

RC_Gremlin, and when you complete, you can insert a link to the root tracker in the header so that it is easier for others to search)))

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 10.04.12, 20:36
Reason for editing:, [/ B]

flap_of_wings,
Yes, there, along the way, the moderator appears once every three days, and spread it on others, so there everyone will fall down immediately.
A moderator will insert a hat, or maybe I’ll become a curator to restore order in the subject, it’s a very promising machine, at least a year will still be produced, because better than 6770 it’s only been renamed.

According to the BIOS, I did not understand it very much, as I understood, they fixed a boot sector error at startup, that is, it now turns on. You can no longer hope for new updates, they will not bring anything new, the model is released as of a year, everything that can be debugged. That would be more about Ivy bridge to insert, but Intel is likely to change the connectors.

Dim`yn @ 04/10/2012, 00:04*
sooo small button on a DVD drive, a small distance between USB ports.

To someone as a minus, I didn’t get into the button the first two times or simply didn’t work out, then everything went normal, the distance between the ports didn’t soar, all ports are occupied by flash drives from the keyboard and other devices, nothing prevents me, I saw the distance and less. But really, I can relate the viewing angles to the minuses rather, its color is not super, but I have enough, but the viewing angles are very noticeable in games and movies, though terrible vertically. The assembly of the case is certainly not super or not for all batches and copies, but for such a price it does not affect the speed adequately.

Something beech is more expensive, but the model is earlier, according to the characteristics of 1 in 1 my beast, but Windows costs hb, and I have Hp, it's strange.

Post has been editedRC_Gremlin - 10.04.12, 21:37

To whom, as a minus, I didn’t hit the button the first two times or simply wasn’t developed, then everything went fine

I now (after 5 months) open the drive every time from the first attempt (maybe I just have big fingers: D)
the distance between the ports does not hover, all ports are occupied by flash drives with keyboards and other devices, nothing prevents, I saw the distance and less.

I just always use a USB modem, and if it is in the port, then it’s impossible to insert ANYTHING in the neighboring one ((
But really, I can relate the viewing angles to the minuses rather, its color is not super, but I have enough, but the viewing angles are very noticeable in games and movies, though terrible vertically. The assembly of the case is certainly not super or not for all batches and copies, but for such a price it does not affect the speed adequately.

I agree, but at this price and performance: rolleyes:
Something beech is more expensive, but the model is earlier, according to the characteristics of 1 in 1 my beast, but Windows costs hb, and I have Hp, it's strange.

He climbed into the markets and didn’t understand either the photo in the first post is not the same or the model is not correctly indicated, but if the photo is the same, then the difference in sound and touchpad

Dim`yn @ 04/11/2012, 00:18*
I just always use a USB modem, and if it is in the port, then it’s impossible to insert ANYTHING in the neighboring one ((

You would also put boilers in yusb) The modem is an antenna, so it will take up more space for your love, nobody expected that you would put it in a bunch of ports, but for this I always have a bunch of extension cords and a usb hub. The distance between usb here is chosen just more convenient and in terms of functionality and convenience plan with inserted flash drives and other devices, there are more unsuccessful configurations.
He climbed into the markets and didn’t understand either the photo in the first post is not the same or the model is not correctly indicated, but if the photo is the same, then the difference in sound and touchpad

They are almost all the same, the difference is small, well, except for the first ones without auto-switchable graphics. It’s funny to read reviews about static electricity, as it constantly beats me from everything that’s horrible, but from this beech I’ve never been beaten for a month, for sure)
I now (after 5 months) open the drive every time from the first attempt (maybe I just have big fingers)

I opened it 4 times with strength, I think I’ll take it away soon, and I’ll put a hard drive in place of it after the upgrade, a smart machine will come)

By the way, nobody by chance knows where on our laptop you can get the keyboard with backlight?

Now I’ll create the theme “games on laptops with CPUs based on sandy bridge”.

You would also put boilers in yusb) The modem is an antenna, so it will take up more space for your love, nobody expected that you would put it in a bunch of ports, but for this I always have a bunch of extension cords and a usb hub. The distance between usb here is chosen just more convenient and in terms of functionality and convenience plan with inserted flash drives and other devices, there are more unsuccessful configurations.

And where does the boiler and antenna. Just buying a mobile device, I do not assume that I need to wrap USB hubs / extensions to connect to it at the same time: USB modem, receiver for a wireless mouse and external HDD with 10-volt power i.e. with two USB ports
They are almost all the same, the difference is small, well, except for the first ones without auto-switchable graphics.

There are a lot of models, and they are at least in subtleties, but they differ from each other.
By the way, nobody by chance knows where on our laptop you can get the keyboard with backlight?

Nowhere.

M3gtr1 @ 04/10/2012, 17:24*
set wines 7 64 ... maybe the assembly is unsuccessful, but WiFi fell off ... sadly, like that, I roll back to the original XD It's not in the assembly, I have Win7 Ultimate (a copy of the original) with Broadcom firewood too, the wifi constantly fell off .... in general it was impossible to work, after that I came to the conclusion that only everything factory works well for HP ...

Gee, in general, in the task manager, the network waffle board was determined, the firewood did not stand up ((it seems to be installed, but the board was not detected in any way (there was such a canoe)
I rolled back while I'm sitting on the standard version and decided not to wig) just bless those who did the recovery section =)

I rolled back while I'm sitting on the standard version and decided not to wig) just bless those who did the recovery section =)

And rightly so. What’s soared if everything works

Alexcomko @ 04/11/2012, 02:32*
Gee, in general, in the task manager, the network waffle board was determined, the firewood did not stand up ((it seems to be installed, but the board was not detected in any way (there was such a canoe)

I had a hemorrhoid with a Broadcom on my netbook as well, I first set up bluetooth, then Wi-Fi and only that way it worked correctly.

Dim`yn @ 04/11/2012, 01:55*
And where does the boiler and antenna. Just buying a mobile device, I do not assume that I need to wrap USB hubs / extension cords to connect to it at the same time: USB modem, receiver for a wireless mouse and external HDD with 10-volt power i.e. with two USB ports

Well, if hdd with two usb, this is not mobile, I bought a separate box for this business, just 1 usb mouse, second hard, third with 4m 3g modem, although they are thinner. But as if there are those where even two flash drives can not be inserted.

By the way, since dv6 is packed with such a bun as beats audio, I would like to hear your opinion about the sound in cars;) it delivers to me what is in the music in games))
Only the equalizer is not saved, it is thrown off after a reboot ...

Yes, Beats Audio is just the perfect sound in comparison with my previous laptop. It’s sad that the Beats from my Sensation XE do not really see the equalizer settings in the phone and in the laptop (((

In mnu, the equalizer does not go wrong, but I configure it differently. The sound from the speakers is great for a laptop, you can watch a movie, etc., it can easily replace small speakers even with a subwoofer, but large speakers, alas, are unrivaled, it just sounds more powerful, I’m a little audiophile) I found a sound in the headphones on a netbook after a little setup! Yes, exactly, even the best for the whole company, but it was a pleasure to play doom 3 on it, there the audio works very well)

My equalizer doesn’t come off either. The sound (by notebook standards) is not very bad. Recently I bought a friend (she just has a sound on a beech .............) these are USB speakershttp://www.sven.ru/catalog/portable_acoustics/ps-32.htmI tried them for myself there is almost no difference with our built-in sound: yes2:

Post has been editeddim`yn - 12.04.12, 20:51

On the monitor I want to describe my opinion. It is not perfect, but the horizontal viewing angle is good, and this parameter for the beech is much more important than the vertical. At the same time, almost all matrices in our price segment lie by color (if we compare them with Macs and Sonya which, with comparable power, cost 3 or more times).

dim`yn
The vertical is generally terrifying everywhere except the office! But you are right, such matrices are everywhere up to 35k, though in my opinion I found a person who can change the matrix for the moved and most important matte for 2-5 thousand. I don’t understand why they began to sculpt this gloss, this is squalor!

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/11/19, 12:31