HP Pavilion DV6--6b54er (sandy bridge) - Discussion | [notebook] This includes laptops in 2011 with intel radeon6770 t

Rep: (214)
HP Pavilion DV6-6b54er Laptop.
Discussion �

Windows 8-8.1 � | Windows 10 � | Windows 7 � | Ubuntu linux � | Change the operating system � | Search programs � | Antivirus � | Ambulance laptop owners � | IT smoker � | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Specifications
Specifications
    [Hardware ]
  • The product's name: dv6-6b54er
  • Code of product: A2Y96EA
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-2430M; 2.4 GHz
  • CPU cache: 3 MB L3 Cache
  • RAM: 6 GB DDR3
  • The maximum amount of RAM: up to 16 GB DDR3 (1366 MHz-max)
  • Video card: AMD Radeon HD 6770M (2 GB DDR5 dedicated video memory, up to 5.22 GB total)
  • Display: BrightView high definition LED backlight (1366 x 768) with a diagonal of 15.6 "(39.6 cm)
  • HDD: 640 GB SATA (5400 rpm)
  • Drive: Super Multi DVD ± R / RW with dual layer support
  • LAN card: Built-in 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
  • Wireless connection: Bluetooth 802.11 b / g / n
  • Sound: Two stereo speakers with software from Beats Audio
  • Keyboard: Full-size keyboard with built-in numeric keypad
  • Pointing device: TouchPad with multi-touch input and on / off button
  • HP TrueVision HD webcam with built-in digital microphone and backlight
    [Plug]
  • Card reader: Secure Digital MultiMedia support
  • 1 VGA port
  • 2 headphone jack
  • 1 microphone input
  • 2 USB 2.0 port
  • 2 USB 3.0 port
  • 1 RJ45 connector
    [Dimensions]
  • Dimensions: 37.8 x 24.68 x 3.52 cm
  • Weight: From 2.91 kg
    [Power Supply]
  • AC power supply, 120 W
  • 6 cell lithium ion battery (Li-Ion)
    [Software]
  • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
  • Symantec Norton Internet Security (60 days automatic update)
  • Section for recovery (including the possibility of separate restoration of system applications and drivers)
  • Additional partition redistribution for recovery
  • Recovery CD / DVD creation tool
  • Help and support for laptops
  • Microsoft Office Starter: Only Word and Excel with limited functionality and advertising. Without PowerPoint or Outlook. For full Office 2010 functionality, purchase software.
  • Internet solutions:
  • HP Setup Manager
  • HP Support Assistant
  • HP Recovery Manager
  • Cyberlink youcam
  • Windows Live Essential
  • HP Games from WildTangent
  • Adobe Reader
  • Adobe Flash Player
  • EasyBits Magic Desktop
  • HP CoolSense

A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Reviews
Utility
Problem solving
Battlefield 3 often crashes after a few minutes of play
Put firewood 12.3 or 12.8 from leshcat, there is no such problem on them.

Why are the drivers for the video card on the hp site so rarely updated?
Because for 64-bit systems they must be signed through Microsoft, the signature is a prerequisite and is made for money, so if you don’t want to wait for the official version, then look for alternative versions, for example from leshcat.

The video card does not seem to work in games and heavy applications, maybe it broke?
The built-in video card just works, the drivers decide that its performance will be enough, just forcibly turn on a discrete video card for this application. Or switch to manual setting video mode in BIOSfixed .

Sometimes in games there are short brakes, how to solve?
The problem of firewood ati, for example, in idle when watching screen savers or while you went to drink tea, the drivers specifically reduce performance in idle. Solves the inclusion of a more stable mode in bios - videocard mode-fixed.

I put ssd into my laptop, made a system disk dump and restored it to a new ssd, what should I do next?
Set up the system manually on manuals in google or just download this program and use it.Tyrk

Drivers

We hide the pictures under the spoiler!How to hide?

Topics Curator: montikov-d .

Post has been editedstp101 - 11.07.18, 23:55
Reason for editing: New cap edited by aleksgrayvoron

Rep: (75)
M3gtr1 @ 04/06/2012, 11:16*
RC_Gremlin, help plz need recovery disks on dv6-6b54er

It is necessary to return the laptop to the factory settings, those support sent me to fuck ....

I can upload the image of the recovery partition to the root tracker. Yes, we have any technical support tin because the buyer does not care.
Write in your personal Skype, you will do the design)

HP Pavilion DV6-6b54er Recovery Image [torrent rutracker 14gb]

Also for similar laptops from this series:
HP Pavilion DV6-6b56er dvd [torrent rutracker 14 gb]
HP Pavilion DV6-6179 Recovery Image [torrent rutracker 11gb]

Post has been editedRC_Gremlin - 08.04.12, 23:07
Reason for editing: added a link to the new model

Rep: (7)
Hello! Today I became the owner of such a wonderful machine in my case it’s 6b56er, and then I faltered about the first BUT
The fact is that my webcam does not work for me, and judging by the forums I have none, but I could not find a solution to the problem, is there any advice ?? I read what you need to include in the BIOS, but I did not find anything there (

Post has been editedAlexcomko - 06.04.12, 15:38

Alexcomko,
Better go to the store exchange, maybe an ordinary marriage.

RC_Gremlin @ Today, 04:29*
Alexcomko,
Better go to the store exchange, maybe an ordinary marriage.

Here, alas, not everything is so simple, I ordered delivery in a connected one, so I’m more than sure that they simply have nothing to change on the spot) I do not want to return the money either, I just better not find the cars at the same price, unless I contacted the service provider. ..long ... gee, I don’t know what to do, in a pinch buy a clothespin and don’t take a steam bath, I don’t really need it, it's just a very unpleasant moment ...

Post has been editedAlexcomko - 07.04.12, 00:54

Alexcomko @ 04/07/2012, 01:43*
Here, alas, not everything is so simple, I ordered delivery in a connected one, so I’m more than sure that they simply have nothing to change on the spot) I do not want to return the money either, I just better not find the cars at the same price, unless I contacted the service provider. ..long ... gee, I don’t know what to do, in a pinch buy a clothespin and don’t take a steam bath, I don’t really need it, it's just a very unpleasant moment ...

I think the coherent will return the bucks after a little sraka, by the way can you take out the brains of those support, your right, better tell me how you test the camera and how you launch it? Maybe the cameras shoved the wrong ones at the factory, and shoved firewood under another, then download the driver genius and he will find and deliver the firewood for you. Try it, update the BIOS at the same time.

By the way, you can find on sale hp similar machines with modifications 15, only the names are different, I took my beech for 26, and those that are now gone for 28-30 thousand come with a renamed 6770 in the face of 7750.

Gee, I have a similar machine, although I7 judging by the complaints of the people in general, the stove agrees, it’s a pity i5 doesn’t come with 4 cores, I need them for virtual machines, although it does just fine, only I would have to stick more frames. But i7 immediately has less autonomy according to observations (

By the way, for fun, what about your viewing angles? I have them nikakayuschie, a step to the left, a step to the right, rastrell.

Post has been editedRC_Gremlin - 07.04.12, 01:04

RC_Gremlin,
Everything is normal with viewing angles)) I don’t seem to be complaining until everything is visible) I do not observe inverting and attenuation)
I tried to start the camera with several options) I stupidly found the key combinations, they obviously do not work Fn + f2, which is logical in principle, then I downloaded some driver, but apparently it wasn’t for win7 = (it covered the whole BIOS, I couldn’t find the clues: D to by the way, apparently the camera is a disease of many HP since there are a lot of people complaining, and to everything else they have a whole section devoted to this problem on the site, though everything is done crookedly))
As follows from the instructions there, the camera should be displayed in the device manager as a processing device .. or something like OO, in general, I don’t have one ((later I’ll throw a screen like I have it ...
and for the time being I’ll try your advice))
Speaking of laptops, in our Hole at less collusive prices, he sells only a connected one, and then when ordering, in other stores, similar models are 5-10 more expensive than o_O, and in the 30k region they are not at all pleased))
Attached Image

Apparently the camera is there only in the form of a .. driver? оО Other traces of it were not found: D

Post has been editedAlexcomko - 07.04.12, 11:25

So it is, the driver is crooked or in itself a curve. In skype watched her? The first thing I do there is usually do a camera test.

You will not be denied a connection, especially since I think a maximum of 2 days has passed? Forward and with the song. As an option, you can also restore to a clean Windows and put all the firewood in handles, I saw a similar problem with dv7.

RC_Gremlin,
=) I do not want to change) Chesh word, maybe a fool noo, if you exclude the webcam, the beech is ideal)
Yes, I looked at Skype there is an interesting thing, he defines it, but not always, and secondly, it does not give images nirazu)) it happened that there is a circle, like loading an image, but in the end there is nothing))
I'll look for a driver for it plainly)
Windu should be replaced here it’s worth it to yourself flawed Win7 home basic can be confused the other day)

I got sick of my Windows, I have a license and there is no guy. Now they’ve offered a percent i7, I think I’ll insert it like it or not, can it come up and the license will not fly off?

By the way, did someone put a poppy on our beech?

RC_Gremlin,
MAC Oo did not hear this)) although there are many craftsmen)) but why is it? .. this system seems so limited to me><

By the way, there are no locks with reinstallation of Windows ?? I read somewhere that someone was wise with this, though when switching to XP

Today I was busy so I will rearrange Windows tomorrow))

PySy: I don’t know about Core i7, but the license will fly away from changing the characteristics, and yes, it’s a stove)) the laptop started up at the first launches. D I’m probably exaggerating a bit)) but with the video card they make themselves felt, so I'm thinking about buying a cooling pad, albeit a simple one)

Post has been editedAlexcomko - 08.04.12, 16:08

Alexcomko @ 04/08/2012, 16:52*
MAC Oo did not hear this)) although there are many craftsmen)) but why is it? .. this system seems so limited to me><

I was sitting on a poppy, this system is divine, especially for a beech, unlike Linux, it supports a lot of hardware chips. To begin with, our bug looks a lot like the 17th bug or the 15th bug, people wrote that there was less heat, the cooler almost did not spin and the battery was eating less. I love MacBooks myself, but the firmware costs 55k the cheapest, the price of my beech is even more powerful in terms of characteristics, 26 thousand, so draw conclusions. There is everything for life on the poppy axis, you can even run winemaking toys, well, those who use iPads, iPhones like me will not be a problem, well, there is a Mike office there, yes.

By the way, there are no locks with reinstallation of Windows ?? I read somewhere that someone was wise with this, though when switching to XP

We don’t have the opportunity to put it normally, because there is no firewood for the schedule, but we have it completely dynamic, for those laptops that she herself didn’t cut the firewood were set separately and they are under the old XP, but it just wasn’t real for us.

In short, if you need xp so much, then the seven have its emulsion, well, or at worst the virtual box, our procs will easily cope with this task.

PySy: I don’t know about Core i7, but the license will fly away from the change of characteristics, and yes, it’s a stove)) the laptop started up at the first launches. I’m exaggerating a bit)) but along with the video card they make themselves felt, so I'm thinking about buying a cooling pad, albeit a simple one)

I don’t know, I still planned to buy two identical 4GB modules for the RAM so that there was 8ka, for toys I think this amount is important, and for virtual machines too. Yes, 4 cores are important to me, 2 cores are enough now, but they will be a thing of the past, 4 cores are trying to optimize software, and 4 cores appeared relatively long time ago, and not yesterday, but I don't want this beech in the next 2-3 years, painful combination of characteristics is successful.

Yes, and on mine you can periodically fry scrambled eggs, it reached up to 90 degrees, I don’t remember where, and what rumble is at full power on coolers, it's crazy, I still do not understand what kind of stand to look for, because the hucksters said 4k, then we divide 2 in a normal network of computer labs, and there most often you can’t see alas. By the way, measure how much autonomy time you have with i7, I have around 5 hours with Wi-Fi at medium brightness with movies and a browser at medium performance, so you can survive more in the mode of a printing press, just like my old atom netbook .

Speaking of vidyuha, I would not have bothered in your place, because this is far from the place that is being heated, the temperature is not 60-70 degrees according to measurements of other users, which is pretty much not much even for an average beech, and given that it turns off almost you can always play even less demanding games without it, you really have nothing to worry about. But the percentage is yes, on the forums I constantly read that people with i3 take it only so that it gets warmer less, such as its performance is enough for everything today.

But the main thing for me in this beech was that it creates silence for my ears) IMHO the most successful model that I have seen since 2006, although there was another acer in 2007, I don’t remember the name, but it is 17 inches.

By the way, no one is aware of the replacement matrix?

Alexcomko @ 04/07/2012, 18:10*
Alexcomko
I also had such garbage with a webcam. Moreover, only on Windows running with HP from a beech. After reinstalling to another Windows, the webcam worked fine. So demolish Windows.

Flap_of_wings @ 04/08/2012, 10:21 PM*
I also had such garbage with a webcam. Moreover, only on Windows running with HP from a beech. After reinstalling to another Windows, the webcam worked fine. So demolish Windows.

IMHO, the firewood in the native Windows is unsuccessful, then they messed up in the image. If you need a license, then there is a clean Windows recovery point without firewood. Well, as I said, in principle.)

Rep: (27)
Hello everyone, I have dv6 6169er.
Alexcomko
Update bios and the driver for the chipset from the hp site.
By temperature: My percent in the load was heated to 90 degrees and I tried to play with HP Coolsens and it turned out to bring down the temperature to 75: D.
PS the machine is excellent: yes2:

RC_Gremlin,
I’m afraid it’s more likely the matter in Windows, I consulted with a familiar computer technician, he says that all the head sex is due to the fact that the Windows is 64 bit ... it’s a lot of trouble, the firewood gets up crooked, programs, etc. in general I’ll go and install a normal Windows, then I will unsubscribe how is it))
By the way, I updated the driver, alas, it did not help me (
and the machine is a miracle in general)

I have 64 bits of any glitches, it just flies so don’t slander 64 bits. If you put 32, then you will not see all the operative.

Rep: (13)
Alexcomko @ 04/09/2012, 06:55*
RC_Gremlin,
I’m afraid it’s more likely the matter in Windows, I consulted with a familiar computer technician, he says that all the head sex is due to the fact that the Windows is 64 bit ... it’s a lot of trouble, the firewood gets up crooked, programs, etc. in general I’ll go and install a normal Windows, then I will unsubscribe how is it))
By the way, I updated the driver, alas, it did not help me (
and the machine is a miracle in general)

Make a restoration to the factory, should help, if not, then for an exchange, until 2 weeks have passed.
And be sure to make recovery discs

toRC_Gremlin,

Thanks again for your help! Recovery was successful.
I still can’t decide one thing: if the HP TOOLS partition is made logical, will it work?
It is necessary to split the disk with Windows into 2, but without converting to dynamic.

P.S. It is impossible to compare so superficially with the firmware, the laptops can be equal in filling, but the quality of the materials, design and battery life of the firmware are beyond competition. And MacOS will work better on its own poppy.

Rep: (27)
Alexcomko
If you put 32 bits you will remain with 3.5 gigabytes of RAM.
I would heed the advice of m3gtr1 regarding recovery from recovery: yes2:

Rep: (13)
P.S. No matter how many 64-bit versions were installed, there have never been problems with drivers and programs, if they are for the 64-bit version. WOW 64 platform is omnivorous :)
Yes, and people noticed correctly, instead of 6 gigs you get only 3.5 gig of RAM ...

m3gtr1,
put the wines 7 64 ... maybe the assembly is unsuccessful, but the WiFi fell off ... sadly like that, I roll back to the original XD

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/10/19, 15:05