HP Pavilion DV6--6b54er (sandy bridge) - Discussion | [notebook] This includes laptops in 2011 with intel radeon6770 t

Rep: (214)
HP Pavilion DV6-6b54er Laptop.
Discussion �

Windows 8-8.1 � | Windows 10 � | Windows 7 � | Ubuntu linux � | Change the operating system � | Search programs � | Antivirus � | Ambulance laptop owners � | IT smoker � | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Specifications
Specifications
    [Hardware ]
  • The product's name: dv6-6b54er
  • Code of product: A2Y96EA
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-2430M; 2.4 GHz
  • CPU cache: 3 MB L3 Cache
  • RAM: 6 GB DDR3
  • The maximum amount of RAM: up to 16 GB DDR3 (1366 MHz-max)
  • Video card: AMD Radeon HD 6770M (2 GB DDR5 dedicated video memory, up to 5.22 GB total)
  • Display: BrightView high definition LED backlight (1366 x 768) with a diagonal of 15.6 "(39.6 cm)
  • HDD: 640 GB SATA (5400 rpm)
  • Drive: Super Multi DVD ± R / RW with dual layer support
  • LAN card: Built-in 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
  • Wireless connection: Bluetooth 802.11 b / g / n
  • Sound: Two stereo speakers with software from Beats Audio
  • Keyboard: Full-size keyboard with built-in numeric keypad
  • Pointing device: TouchPad with multi-touch input and on / off button
  • HP TrueVision HD webcam with built-in digital microphone and backlight
    [Plug]
  • Card reader: Secure Digital MultiMedia support
  • 1 VGA port
  • 2 headphone jack
  • 1 microphone input
  • 2 USB 2.0 port
  • 2 USB 3.0 port
  • 1 RJ45 connector
    [Dimensions]
  • Dimensions: 37.8 x 24.68 x 3.52 cm
  • Weight: From 2.91 kg
    [Power Supply]
  • AC power supply, 120 W
  • 6 cell lithium ion battery (Li-Ion)
    [Software]
  • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
  • Symantec Norton Internet Security (60 days automatic update)
  • Section for recovery (including the possibility of separate restoration of system applications and drivers)
  • Additional partition redistribution for recovery
  • Recovery CD / DVD creation tool
  • Help and support for laptops
  • Microsoft Office Starter: Only Word and Excel with limited functionality and advertising. Without PowerPoint or Outlook. For full Office 2010 functionality, purchase software.
  • Internet solutions:
  • HP Setup Manager
  • HP Support Assistant
  • HP Recovery Manager
  • Cyberlink youcam
  • Windows Live Essential
  • HP Games from WildTangent
  • Adobe Reader
  • Adobe Flash Player
  • EasyBits Magic Desktop
  • HP CoolSense

A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Reviews
Utility
Problem solving
Battlefield 3 often crashes after a few minutes of play
Put firewood 12.3 or 12.8 from leshcat, there is no such problem on them.

Why are the drivers for the video card on the hp site so rarely updated?
Because for 64-bit systems they must be signed through Microsoft, the signature is a prerequisite and is made for money, so if you don’t want to wait for the official version, then look for alternative versions, for example from leshcat.

The video card does not seem to work in games and heavy applications, maybe it broke?
The built-in video card just works, the drivers decide that its performance will be enough, just forcibly turn on a discrete video card for this application. Or switch to manual setting video mode in BIOSfixed .

Sometimes in games there are short brakes, how to solve?
The problem of firewood ati, for example, in idle when watching screen savers or while you went to drink tea, the drivers specifically reduce performance in idle. Solves the inclusion of a more stable mode in bios - videocard mode-fixed.

I put ssd into my laptop, made a system disk dump and restored it to a new ssd, what should I do next?
Set up the system manually on manuals in google or just download this program and use it.Tyrk

Drivers

We hide the pictures under the spoiler!How to hide?

Topics Curator: montikov-d .

Post has been editedstp101 - 11.07.18, 23:55
Reason for editing: New cap edited by aleksgrayvoron

Rep: (75)
And so, how it all began, and with the fact that my system officer ordered to live long. Yes, and in general there was a car, I began to drive to different places, it was inconvenient to drag the systemist, and I always had an ipad on two legs. I decided to pick up a laptop more for the house. In general, as usual, I asked around here, dug into the Yandexmarket and other forums. But the game was worth the candle, found the most average laptop to date. And the task was such that to pick up a mediocre configuration, but that it was a laptop, and not a cobblestone.

Let's start with the fact that the laptop is:
processor: core i3 i5 i7 (depending on configuration)
video card: radeon 6770m 1 gb gddr5 or 2 gb gddr5 (it differs in different beeches) and built-in intel hd3000 processor (sandy bridge only)
ddr3 6 gb ram (maximum capacity 8gb)
wi broadcom
hard disk 500gb 640gb 1000gb 5400 (different in different versions)
windows home premium x64 operating system (many have a home basic)

Here are the main characteristics, I will edit further along the way and make a small list of models, as they change constantly, but at the same time everything is similar.

What struck at first sight was the design, the cover is aluminum, and it is also located around the keyboard. I just fell in love with the design, although there is a burning thing on the lid that strikingly resembles an apple in macbooks. In general, the laptop contains classic lines and looks like a macbook in many ways, but I think it’s more good than bad, it’s convenient for me to have all the ports and inputs, except for the diodes on the side. But everything can be seen in the photos. The main thing here is that the keyboard is not very beautiful, but it is pressed clearly and has highlighting diodes: caps lock, wai fay and num lock, isn’t it thought out well? Yes, and the sensor did not disappoint, it understands from the floor of the gesture that they want to and very much like to flip through two fingers with the pages, by the way, it is moderately large and can switch off by two tapes on a square.

What struck the most was the fact that it worked like my old hp c330, and this is a netbook with an ion, with Wai Fay for about five hours in the browser, this seems to be greatly helped by the new processor with the sandy bridge. Unfortunately, with a powerful vidyukha stand a little over an hour. But you can play vedb and the outlet? In this regard, I noticed only one minus, the power supply is simply huge, 3 times more than my past beeches, but for a laptop for 25 thousand with such a powerful filling, I think you can close your eyes.

Of the branded chips I was struck by a very good speaker system of 4 pieces, I could not hear if there was a Subic or not, it was far from computer speakers, so your old boom box is relevant. And a very interesting toy - a fingerprint scanner, I confess it is a toy, all my passwords are saved in chrome, but to enter the system by fingerprint quickly and pathetically. True, I personally did not manage to figure out the fingerprints from the first time, because it was like this from 10 th.

The performance is excellent, but then there is a question about cooling and the laptop becomes an airplane, because all this stuff is warming up, including vidyukha very cool. In general, do not believe those who write that the laptop is loud, that under load, and with the help of cool sense you can tune the speed so that it does not start up constantly like mad. In games it will not strain, and on the films in the player I cut off the external vidyuhi and everything is quiet. So here as you will load. The main thing is that most tasks like heaps of races in torrents and hd views are done silently.

In terms of performance, I can say for sure that the average level of graphics and the resolution of its screen a laptop can master almost any games with high graphics settings, in full hd already 80% -70% percent. The most difficult were the battlefield 3 and L.A. Noire have draconian requirements, there they had to be averaged. In the same Skyrim managed to unscrew everything, the performance was around 60 frames, gta 4 also showed decent results with rare frame drops. The built-in core of the game until 2011 was also played not badly, this is a note for those who like to play autonomy longer.

I want to say more about the build quality, it is not my best, there is a small gap, a little noticeable around the edges of the notebook and a slightly noticeable curvature of the plastic clavs. I read on the Internet about squeaking chokes and shining logos, but these are all trifles, the main thing is to carefully check the laptop, and there are a lot of models, by the way dv7, which I have seen suffer less. and you don’t have to play on a laptop by placing it on the sofa instead of a table, and then say that I have artifacts, this is a common occurrence, just a bottom heat sink;

Problems:
This machine is trying to pull out the average level and it would have happened if it were not for the annoying little things like a hard disk with a rotational speed of 5400 revolutions, if you put 7200, then the games and all other programs are greatly accelerated, while the gain in consumption is not too big. For those who love ssd, you can easily remove the drive without losing the warranty and insert your old hard drive, but keep in mind that the drive has a sata 2 interface.
I was very disappointed with the screen, both in its grain and color reproduction, but the small viewing angles of the screen, which are noticeable in games and films, are the most impressive, but you can of course replace it with a few thousand rubles.
In deliveries for Russia, the laptop has a lot of defects on the case, yes, yes, plastic may be white out of the box or crack a week later, there is a similar quality in Lenovo, nothing can be done, the price and the country play a big role.
The cooling system is not very well made, with the game the laptop can heat up to 80-90 degrees, as it turned out, the cooler is only one and the wiring of radiators is one for the processor and the hpu. In turn, this means that with a laptop you need to carefully handle heavy games and after a year already clean and change the thermal paste.

Added photos after a month of use

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedRC_Gremlin - 02.08.12, 13:29

Faced the problem of driver curves on hp, while the only version on the site (on 02/27/12), there are two problems, the first problem with the switch does not always work and can reset the parameters for the programs and the second low performance in powerful games, in my The case in gta 4. Gulil all the evening found a solution to the problem stumbled upon a blogdeveloper leshcat. Data developer creates drivers for amd readeon video cards for any laptops with a graphics switch. It is suitable for both intel and amd, you need to pre-clean the system from intel and radeon firewood videos, but I was lazy and did not do that, I got a blue screen, the second time the firewood was installed. As a result, the problem is solved and I am pleased with the performance as in a system unit.

You can find other drivers, but I am completely satisfied with these, the performance leap is amazing.
To download the scrap from the exchanger, I posted on the forum:
Download part 1
Download part 2
Download part 3
Download part 4

Post has been editedRC_Gremlin - 27.02.12, 23:47

Rep: (2)
There is a small question :). What version of the BIOS is on this computer? Updated? I have nothing in the Bios configuration settings of my computer (I have Pavilion dv6-6169er) there is no such thing as IDE-AHCI mode switching :(. I need a pig on the iron, but there is no possibility .. when I buy, I even somehow I did not think about this option. I noticed it only now, when it was needed! Plus, the accompanying question, did you try to install XP on your laptop? If yes
happened?..

georgeo85858 @ 03/05/2012, 13:20*
There is a small question. What version of the BIOS is on this computer? Updated? I have something to do in the Bios configuration settings of my computer (I have Pavilion dv6-6169er) there is no such item as switching the IDE-AHCI mode. I need a pig on iron, but there is no possibility .. and when I bought it, I even somehow did not think about this option. I noticed only now when I needed it! Plus the accompanying question, was it trying to install XP on its laptop? If yes-
happened?..

I do not want to please you, but you can’t normally put a pig and do not forget to make a dvd recovery disk image or a USB flash drive. In general, if the pig is badly needed, then I can advise the program on virtualbox through it is very convenient to put the Windows if we say to clutter up the second partition with it. I don’t know whether there is a switch or not, on my model there is only one update, it came out relatively recently in December, and the publicly available BIOS 02, I have the same. In general, the best option is to put the pig on a virtual machine, I know everyone from the neighboring forums, then hemorrhoids with drivers. Tell me, why do not you like windows 7?

P.S: I didn’t notice the AHCI switch, I’ll dig, I can find broken bios on our devices, otherwise I’ve got a broadcom wi fi and that’s terrible, because the standard g is a bit better.

Post has been editedRC_Gremlin - 08.03.12, 00:33

RC_Gremlin @ 03/08/2012, 07:54*
Tell me, why do not you like windows 7?

It suits me almost completely, except for the fact that there are few and few programs that do not work correctly, or even refuse. In general, I wanted to install XP with the second system; on the old laptop, I pursued the same policy. As for the drivers, or rather, the subsequent hemorrhoids with them, that's it, after my post I spent a lot of time looking for information)). And the desire to get into all this adventure with xp has already disappeared, I will look for some alternative.
And what exactly does not suit wi-fi ??? admit, I rarely use it in my place, but it seems to be normal))). We have the same modules too.

georgeo85858 @ 03/08/2012, 13:52*
It suits me almost completely, except for the fact that there are few and few programs that do not work correctly, or even refuse. In general, I wanted to install XP with the second system; on the old laptop, I pursued the same policy. As for the drivers, or rather, the subsequent hemorrhoids with them, that's it, after my post I spent a lot of time looking for information)).

You have a great alternative in the form of a free virtual pc, you can install any system and there will be no hemorrhoids with wood, plus the time has passed when it started to run the virtual machine is exotic, now it is completely normal, you can even play if you want. Just do not forget to enable virtualization in BIOS options. You can always launch and disable it, even without partitioning the disk for a new one, because the recovery partition is in the way.
georgeo85858 @ 03/08/2012, 13:52*
And what exactly does not suit wi-fi ??? admit, I rarely use it in my place, but it seems to be normal))). We have the same modules too.

By the way, the whole hitch in the xp installation in the wood for the chipset and video, on Linux only the built-in works, there is no normal firewood from ati, although the principle of many chips in Linux does not support acceleration using gpu.

On many other models, at the beginning there were faster modules, I’m just uploading video to a TV set from a laptop or transferring it to a nearby laptop wirelessly, and the network is all on Wi-Fi, and the Internet was faster than Wi-Fi on my PC, now higher than 2.2 mb from the room to raise the torrent does not work, although it was usually 2.5. As if wi fi for me is an important part of life. Knowing hp c330 (netbook), I can say that the bios has a white list (a list of devices with which the laptop will work), it had a bios developed by icelord, which opened many settings for adjusting the frequency of the probe, turning off the ahci mode and disabled white list. Unfortunately I did not find the information, but the thing in life is very useful.

The other day I tried to play on the built-in map in Skyrim, almost on medium pulls, so you can even play the principle, I think the power is equal to about an average 2-3 years old video card, so the retro will go on it is not bad, and you can play longer. An external video card kills a battery in 1-1.5 hours.

I like to bother with computer equipment, and with this beech, I think to find another percent i7, 4 cores are better, I thought that i5, by analogy with a PC, also has 4, but there are 2 of them. But i5 is less heated than my friend with I7, performance even the autonomy will take a bit longer, but 3D 3d and Photoshop tasks are handled with a bang, meaning we’ll say simultaneously with a virtual machine, although an average user doesn’t need such performance.

The question to you as the owner, when I first turned on I entered my data, I was told that I need to be backed up for a guarantee, I received a letter in the box, and in fact how to enter the site and check the guarantee?

There is a proposal to compile a list of beeches on this platform and their characteristics, because they are all scattered very much and I had difficulties in making choices or searching ... Do you have the exact same model or a slightly different one?

Excellent one more problem, I set up a connection through a twisted pair cable is not properly configured, more precisely with all the settings with which I usually connect the xbox telly and everything else to the Internet does not work, as if access is not configured for video or twisted pair, although everything is set correctly . They say a clean Windows can solve everything, but I have 3 hours to restore it, and already on hard disk there are a lot of settings.

Post has been editedRC_Gremlin - 08.03.12, 15:05

RC_Gremlin @ 03/08/2012, 9:54 PM*
By the way, the whole hitch in the xp installation in the wood for the chipset and video, on Linux only the built-in works, there is no normal firewood from ati, although the principle of many chips in Linux does not support acceleration using gpu.

on Linux, I try so far only on Ubuntu 10.04 ltc and even the truth is somewhere nearby))), but it’s great to slow down the lack of a normal Internet connection; they only promise to throw the cable by summer. But I know that at 11.10 it’s quite realistic to make the video card work, and even switching them works! If interested, lookhereandhere

I was told that for a guarantee you need to be returned, a letter came to the box, and in fact how to enter the site and check the guarantee?

If you have pre-installed software, you can, without going anywhere, check the warranty from the support assistant. or from off.sayta, from the section "Support and Driver". And somewhere there is already a way out). Literally before writing the answer, curiosity was re-checked for the sake of it. There you just need to enter the country of service, model and serial number of the laptop. Something like this).
There is a proposal to compile a list of beeches on this platform and their characteristics, because they are all scattered very much and I had difficulties in making choices or searching ... Do you have the exact same model or a slightly different one?

My model is dv6-6169er, but about the list of beeches and everything elseTHISwill not help:)?
And about the connection with the twisted pair, I even somehow can not assume, maybe really glitch system some ?. I had a case with utter elementary control, when it was impossible to connect two laptops to wi-fi, although all the settings were correct, everything was included, but he did not observe the mesh persistently. Though jig in front of him, dance. I do not know what happened to him, but after resetting (deleting the connection settings) and starting everything, I achieved the result anew. Although there is something there. Or in general, at the beginning of my acquaintance with windows, I somehow bought a modem from the Messenger. I installed everything as it should be but the program interface did not work until I freaked out and reinstalled the system: D. Spent two days, even wore back to the store (but everything worked fine for them). I earned it only after installing it on a bare Windows.)

Post has been editedgeorgeo85858 - 10.03.12, 06:29

On the twisted pair, the issue is resolved, the driver is rearranged, all the chick bunches. Now I am looking for a modified BIOS for a similar model with unlocked parameters and so that any Wi-Fi adapter is fashionable
shove.

Post has been editedRC_Gremlin - 18.03.12, 22:01

Rep: (7)
I am the owner of the same laptop only in black colors. I have a question. Why do I get a different assessment every time I reinstall Windows? I’ll put the drivers on the HP website.

Because the video card dynamically switches between us, put the fixed mode in the BIOS and see the real one. Ie most of the time, the laptop works as a processor, and when a resource-intensive application or game is turned on, a large video card is cut. I have it included only in heavy games. By the way from the site Hp firewood brake.

Post has been editedRC_Gremlin - 27.03.12, 00:09

Rep: (7)
RC_Gremlin @ 03/27/2012, 04:08*
Because the video card dynamically switches between us, put the fixed mode in the BIOS and see the real one. Ie most of the time, the laptop works as a processor, and when a resource-intensive application or game is turned on, a large video card is cut. I have it included only in heavy games. By the way from the site Hp firewood brake.

I understand intel rapid storage can not install. Do I need to install the Intel Management Engine Interface and what is it for? Please tell me where and what drivers are needed?

Post has been editedflap_of_wings - 27.03.12, 14:54

flap_of_wings @ 03/27/2012, 3:08 PM*
I understand intel rapid storage can not install. Do I need to install the Intel Management Engine Interface and what is it for? Please tell me where and what drivers are needed?

He manages the hard drive, an acquaintance advised to leave for energy saving, I don’t know the second why, but left. First of all, I downloaded the driver to the video for myself, I downloaded all the other drivers through the driver genius. The driver for the video from the off site, it is rarely updated, due to the fact that the driver must be created by the manufacturer, and the signature for windows 7 x64 costs money from Microsoft, so everyone is trying to use alternative drivers, because they are newer.

Rep: (17)
How much does laptop give out at medium in WOT? I want to buy a similar HP PAVILION dv7-6c52er vidyuha the same 6770 only the frequency is increased by 100 MHz that le) marketing move: happy:

Post has been editedHTC_Man - 02.04.12, 11:18

HTC_Man @ 04/02/2012, 12:17*
How much does laptop give out at medium in WOT? I want to buy a similar HP PAVILION dv7-6c52er vidyuha the same 6770 only the frequency is increased by 100 MHz that le) marketing ploy

What is wot?

Rep: (1043)
RC_Gremlin,
World of Tanks ...

By the way from this year hp began to put vidyuhiAMD Radeon HD 7690M XT This is a renamed 6770, no different in comparing mobile versions, the performance is the same, the frequencies are already slightly raised. The laptop is more expensive, in principle, it is not worth it to overpay.

I tested the din, expected of course more, but at full settings, the spread from 32 frames to 58, I did not notice the sensations of brakes, it's nice.

Rep: (381)
komok1965
in this series I look after myself with a laptop of models: b55, b56, b57, b65. Which of them is optimal in terms of price / performance? Another option is the C55 model. Do they all have the same hull in terms of material and quality?

Post has been editedvitaliy4 - 03.04.12, 20:04

Rep: (214)
Goodnight.
2vitaliy4, I have Aser 5920, you can ask a question of choice in the topic "Selection and Comparison" Laptops, Tablets, TabletPC, UMPC, MID
Successes.

vitaliy4,
Yes, all are the same, the main thing is not to look at the i7, it is useless in a laptop, and even extra heating, in general, at current Intel levels, with an average load, you can fry a beef mine. I paid attention to the hard disk installed by Windows in the first place, the color was on the drum. I will say right away, I already have a little 6 GB of frame, I will put the dies in 4 GB accelerated.

Rep: (13)
RC_Gremlin, plz help, need recovery discs ondv6-6b54er

It is necessary to return the laptop to the factory settings, those support sent me to fuck ....

Post has been editedm3gtr1 - 06.04.12, 10:17

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/24/19, 21:15