"/>"/>

Section "Other" -savagemessiahzine.com
19 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Section "Other" | And how to deal with it ...
We treat the section Other
Did this topic help you?
Thank. It helped! [ 140 ] ** [28,23%]
Did not find the answer ... [ 300 ] ** [60,48%]
I have no such problem. [ 56 ] ** [11,29%]
Total votes: 496

iSexiet
Message#1
09.02.12, 20:34
Guru
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 2860
Check in: 03.04.11
Apple iPhone 4

And so hello to all! :)
Surely everyone faced this problem.
The forum is already a ton of these questions "What is the section "Other"how to remove it? ", etc.
Carefully read, I hope you will find a solution to your problem with a place on your device.
see screenshot:
Attached Image

BEFORE HOW TO MAKE CONCLUSIONS, I RECOMMEND THAT SYNCHRONIZE WITH ITAN, THEN RE-LOAD DEVICE, AND LOOK AT INDICATORS.

CACHE

The section is different, it is nothing more than a cache of programs \ games. It may also not be a good synchronization withiTunes .
On average, the cache of programs \ games takes from80kb before 100mb and more, it is already possible to calculate 60 applications - minimum 300 mb " Other ".
Happy owners of the device withiOS5 can see it in Settings - Basic - Statistics . ( see screenshots )

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

(see more screenshots)
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

Audio Video

Now what about the players. Popular in my opinion thisOPlayer , Avplayer ..
Do not forget to delete movies \ clips \ music. Sometimes some stupid creating topics on the forum, and only then remember: "Oh, I forgot I have there 2 films in size1400mb , you can close the topic ".. :)
You can delete files manually using the following path:
Avplayer - / private / var / mobile / Applications / AVPlayer / Documents
OPlayer - / private / var / mobile / Applications / OPlayer / Documents

Synchronization

Now what is related to not successful synchronization withiTunes . This happens if you bought / installed the application on the device, then connected it to your computer, and started synchronization, then copying your purchases / installations will automatically start ( new applications ) from device to comp. Also, if the synchronization is not successful, there are some tails.
You can delete them along the way:User / Media / ApplicationArchives .
There was a case when I installed a free game weighing 600mb, then interrupting synchronization, these temporary files remained, and I had to delete them manually. For the next time syncing iTunes for some reason, it did not delete these files. They weighed more than 500mb.

Jailbreak

We turn to the owners of the jailbreak. Initially, with a jailbreak, the Other section will increase by 800mb. Just do not forget about the human factor. You can make blockages in your device yourself by downloading some Tweaks ( tweaks ), Winterboard , Sbsettingsthemes ( themes ). On average, a decent topic can take about 20-50-70mb , and more. Also for Sbsettings from 1mb before 20mb , and more. Do not forget the weight of tweaks themselves, since each such tweak has its own graphic images for Retina HD is also possible for SD, which creates a tweak design ( images in the menu, settings, other ). Plus, after removing any tweaks may remain "tails".

My attention was attracted by the file manager.iFile . Surely not everyone went to the settings of this manager, respectively, not everyone knows that the default file does not delete files, but simply moves them to a certain " Shopping cart " ( see screenshot ). You can clear it by clicking on " Empty trash ". It is also possible to delete this whole business through i-funbox ( if win ). Way " Baskets ": var / mobile / library / ifile / trash .

Attached ImageAttached Image

Games

Lovers to play. Often everyone who plays games forgets to delete downloaded games in InstallOus .
It was downloaded the game, put it installed, and turned off the installoas. In general, I forgot about this loaded game. And I was surprised when the “Other” section in the tunes increased. Then I remembered that I installed the game through the installoas. I went and deleted. The game weighed no less than 90mb.

Remove downloads toInstallOus possible and manually through i-funbox along the way: / private / var / mobile / Documents / Installous / Downloads .

I have iOS 7.x.x and no jailbreak, what should I do?

On the new OS, the Other section increases exclusively with unsuccessful synchronizations or game installations. Consider that disassembling 1.5GB of Other for 60 applications is the norm.
What can I advise you? Create a backup of your device on your computer, including applications, and restore from this copy.
I checked it personally on my fifth iPhone, the other section increased after an unsuccessful synchronization, when the tuna tried to copy the game to a computer weighing more than 700mb.

Well, perhaps all. Here everything is basic, maybe you have already seen it all, but not in one topic, but scattered around the forum.
As for me1.3GB " Other "when more than 60 applications are installed, this is normal.
If someone notices errors write, - we will correct. Whoever wants to add to the topic - add.
Unsubscribe, comment.

Post has been editedT0ugh - 12.02.15, 22:29
iSexiet
Message#42
20.06.12, 21:05
Guru
[offline]

Messages 2860
Apple iPhone 4

var / mobile / Applications / Program / Library / Cashes
Yes
come on
do not stop, delete, then half of the programs will not work or will not work correctly

--------------------
iPhone 5 Black - 16Gb - 7.0.4 - WithOut Jailbreack
Section "Other"
papergnom
Message#43
21.06.12, 16:37
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 8
Check in: 08.10.11
Apple iPod touch 4G

iSexiet,
Watch what you need to delete.
Estro111
Message#44
21.06.12, 22:48
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 10
Check in: 07.02.12
Samsung Galaxy S scLCD GT-I9003

iPod touch 4G 5.1.1 jailbreak
I do not have such a path: User / Media / ApplicationArchives
Where can I find these unsuccessful sync files with iTunes?
Maybe by the way, does anyone know a program to automatically clear the cache?

--------------------
Samsung GT-i9003 scLCD + iPod touch 4g 8Gb
iSexiet
Message#45
22.07.12, 18:42
Guru
[offline]

Messages 2860
Apple iPhone 4

Estro111,
icleaner in sidia

--------------------
iPhone 5 Black - 16Gb - 7.0.4 - WithOut Jailbreack
Section "Other"
xlazex
Message#46
10.08.12, 19:09
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 27
Check in: 26.02.12
Meizu M2 Mini

There was the same problem. (Another weighed 3.2GB)

It helped:
1. Clearing the application cache (icleaner, fsWipeCache) ~ 700MB gone.
2. Directory / User / Media / ApplicationArchives / was generally empty. (by the way, the exact path to it / var / mobile / Media / ApplicationArchives /)
3. And here I am almost desperate .... but here it is, one more unsuccessful synchronization: and the Other has increased to 6.1gb: I took and demolished all the folders (F00 - F50) from / var / mobile / Media / Itunes_control / Music / , cleared the cart in Ifile, synchronized with pure itunes, and got 0.7Gb of Other, which I consider to be a normal size, since SiriPort alone weighs about 200mb, and the tweaks from Sidia pumped up enough.

It seems that everything I described here was mentioned above, but I decided to describe what happened.

Post has been editedxlazex - 10.08.12, 19:10
gtrace1
Message#47
16.08.12, 19:05
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4
Check in: 01.08.12
Apple iPhone 4S

Deleting all folders from / var / mobile / Media / Itunes_control / Music / of course helps and reduces the space in the "Other" section, but with this, all the music downloaded through iTunes stops playing ... then you have to demolish the entire media library from the device and during the next synchronization the same music section "Other" becomes the same size as it was before deleting "/ var / mobile / Media / Itunes_control / Music /" and all folders F00, F01, etc. restored again ...))
So this method is for those who do not need music)) at least in a standard player so ...)
I get the size of the folder "Other" 0.80 GB. software and games to a minimum.
Faustok
Message#48
31.08.12, 01:00
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 18
Check in: 21.02.10
Lenovo Vibe Shot

Thanks to the author !!! It helped, the other section occupied 5GB, right now it takes 1GB and this is because of the cache in the VC.
P.s thank you very much, but it was a pity that the memory of the other section))
ramzeskin
Message#49
17.09.12, 11:31
User
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 77
Check in: 22.06.11
Apple iPhone X

Iphone 4s, without jail
13 programs, 1 game. "Other" 1.3GB
I tried to restart in sync, changed to 1.29. The cache is not clogged, a maximum of 40mb and then in a couple of applications. What else can you do? Or is this the norm?
m_i_k_e
Message#50
20.09.12, 19:06
Local
[offline]

Messages 219
Check in: 18.09.12
Apple iPad 4

None of the above helped, how to be?
Sir_wizard
Message#51
23.09.12, 11:31
Unprecedented
[offline]

Messages 559
Check in: 04.03.07
Apple iPhone SE

I will report back.
Given: iPhone4 and iPad3. Both without JB. The size of the "other" - 1.3 and 1.6 gigabytes, respectively.
Did byreferencegiven above.
I connected devices to iTunes, removed the checkbox from syncing music, video, ringtones, syncing.
Further, I quote:
After I killed the folder 01-49 from \\ iTunes_control \ Music. (Delete only folders with the code F01, F02 and so on, nothing more and God forbid not to delete the entire section. In no case do not delete the folders .itunes_db_checked). For this heroic act, you will not even need JailBreake and full access to the file system. Enough to download fresh iFunBox, turn on, enter into the Raw File System and at the very bottom there is the desired one.

I reset the device, connected it to iTunes, returned the sync music checkbox (I’ll note that I have different music on different devices, so everything was restored as it was, I didn’t have to reconfigure again!), I synchronized.
Bottom line: iPad - 0.2 "other", iPhone - 0 (!!!) "other."
So it goes! : yahoo:

Finally, there is a little thought about why such a garbage bin appears in this folder on devices: the fact is that in iTunes there is such a tricky checkmark in the “Home Collection” settings - “Synchronize the number of plays on all devices”, and it is turned on by default. So, I have repeatedly noticed that if some music was played on the device (and vice versa - in iTunes), then, during synchronization, it is those songs that start running in the synchronization line to and fro. Apparently, everything does not always go smoothly, and copies of these songs with a modified counter hang on the device ... Now I took this checkbox, we will see.
However, nothing prevents to carry out "cleaning operation" once a month;)

Post has been editedSir_wizard - 14.10.12, 20:36

--------------------
And on a magic staff a sickly knob! (WITH)
subsessa
Message#52
25.09.12, 17:08
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 23
Check in: 13.07.11
Apple iPhone 5

Sir_wizard
only after that the music does not play and is still displayed on the phone. not an option

--------------------
HTC Wildfire S Android 2.3.4 =>HTC Desire S Android 4.0.1 =>iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak by redsn0w =>iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.4 jailbreak EvasiOn7
Sir_wizard
Message#53
25.09.12, 18:53
Unprecedented
[offline]

Messages 559
Apple iPhone SE

only after that the music does not play

Yah? : rolleyes: And I play. You just have to remember to bring the music synchronization checkbox back during subsequent synchronization.
Do you think I have not tested all the possible bugs before writing?

--------------------
Starskrime
Message#54
26.09.12, 10:04
User
[offline]

Messages 87
Check in: 04.12.08
Apple iPhone 4

Sir_Wizard is absolutely right! It looks like a standard player in the Other section. Even if you delete all the music, there are still unfortunate folders F01-F02 and so on, and they increase each time you add songs. The more songs, the more these folders. The standard player has ceased to be used, and so that I do not do a partition with the device. Others never increase by more than 750mb.
jesc
Message#55
26.09.12, 14:36
Grandfather
[offline]

Messages 2280
Check in: 23.11.08
Apple iPhone 7

the bottom line is that the “other” is not a program cache, but a photo and music. let's say this situation - you deleted a photo or audio via ifanbox or ituls, after connecting to tuna everything will return, BUT it will return as a kind of cache (there is a photo, but you will not see it when you open the photo folder on iPhone) - PhoneClean. Simply put, I deleted all the photos from the iPhone, there was a picture of a person on the call, there was a photo in this folder, it will still be highlighted, although there is no such photo in the folder!
This is another vesch, except for music - so not a single song for him poured acre of calls into the ringtones folder. at the moment I have another 3GB ...
for those who put a lot of programs, then deletes - I recommend to clean it - / var / mobile / Library / SafeHarbour ... SafeHarbour delete everything inside the folder ... all files ...

Post has been editedjesc - 26.09.12, 18:33

--------------------
Karambula
Message#56
26.09.12, 20:50
Local
[offline]

Messages 174
Check in: 02.09.11

That's the trouble, everything that is written above tried not helping

Attached images
Attached Image

--------------------
jesc
Message#57
26.09.12, 21:00
Grandfather
[offline]

Messages 2280
Check in: 23.11.08
Apple iPhone 7

Karambula,
what did you try ?!
more in detail, what actions did ?!

--------------------
Karambula
Message#58
27.09.12, 14:26
Local
[offline]

Messages 174
Check in: 02.09.11

All that is described in 1 post in this thread. The music, as it were, wasn’t when, because there the folders are empty, as it were. Games and applications have always been there, so I don’t know what the hell happened to him, the memory goes to no where.

--------------------
dimon0078
Message#59
30.09.12, 18:05
Novice
[offline]

Messages 48
Check in: 05.09.10
Apple iPhone 5

Hello, I recently purchased this device, I would like to know if you can clean the subsection of another one that shows iTunes, otherwise it takes indecent lot? If you can tell me more, I will be very grateful. Your methods did not bring any results
Sir_wizard
Message#60
30.09.12, 20:19
Unprecedented
[offline]

Messages 559
Apple iPhone SE

dimon0078
What methods did not bring results?
Have you tried to do as I described above?

--------------------
dimon0078
Message#61
30.09.12, 20:25
Novice
[offline]

Messages 48
Check in: 05.09.10
Apple iPhone 5

yes, probyval has not changed size

19 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/20/19 10:26