> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Texet TB-840HD | TFT color

Rep: (1248)
DiscussionteXet TB-840HD
Discussion пїЅ | Description

Firmware:

Post has been editedvadeus - 28.11.17, 12:30
Reason for editing: firmware files

Rep: (10)
Characteristic
8.0пїЅ sensory TFT display, 800 * 600 pixels, 4: 3
Built-in 4 GB memory
Slot for microSD / SDHC cards (up to 32GB)
UI modeling: ability to add and remove shortcut menu items
Select desktop background
Text format support: DJVU, TXT, PDF, FB2, EPUB, PDB, HTML, RTF, MOBI
-Auto mode viewing text files
-Turn text to 90/180/270 В°
-Save / delete bookmarks
- Display of footnotes in the text
-Sort files by name
-Formatting text files: select the type, color and font size, background color
HDReady / 720p video playback in formats: MKV, AVI, H.264, M2TS, FLV, MP4, MOV, MPG, RM / RMVB, WMV, TS / TP, VOB, PMP
SRT, SSA, ASS subtitle support
Tv out
Built-in speaker
Audio playback in formats: MP3, WMA, OGG, APE, FLAC, AAC, WAV
9 equalizer settings
ID3 tag support
Radio
Voice Recorder (MP3 recording)
Reproduction of images in formats: JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF / ANIGIF
Slide show
Multifunctionality: reading books, viewing photos with music
Vocabulary: English-Russian, Russian-English
Clock, calendar
Calculator, games
USB 2.0 interface (PC connection)
Headphone jack (3.5 mm)
Powered by Li-Pol battery
Product size unpacked 213С…166С…12 mm
Weight: 476 g

Completeness:
- EBook
- Manual
- USB cable
- TV cable
- Headphones
- Warranty card
- Network adapter
- Case

Official site

I bought myself a book. While satisfied. The only thing that did not impress was the buttons. Some kind of "thin". And so, the book copes with all formats, the diagonal allows you to more or less comfortably read the technical literature in pdf and djvu (firmware 1.4, which allows you to read DJVU).
Are there any other owners of this book? Share your impressions and / or problems :)

Rep: (145)
Jarule @ 02.02.2012, 09:44*
I bought myself a book. While satisfied.

How long does the charge last (video, reading to music)?
How fast is charging (from charging, from USB)?
What processor costs?
How much RAM does she have?
How is the screen (viewing angles, sensor sensitivity)?
The cover is normal (firmly seated, how does it look)?
Do you keep your hands (weight is not small)?
Do you know any analogues of this model?
Is it possible to "make a tablet" out of it? :)

profann,

1. What the manufacturer says.
Audio 40 hours, video 7 hours, text 8 hours

Personally, I did not conduct experiments on charging. I practically did not listen to audio on it, I watched the video a bit, so I can’t say for sure. Regarding the text, I can say that it goes like this.
2. I can not say exactly, because I did not completely discharge the battery. Somewhere 3-4 hours through the charger.
3. Judging by what the manufacturer says - 600 MHz processor.
4. About RAM silence. Probably 256 MB.
5. As for the screen, I can say that this is my first such device, so there’s nothing to equalize with. It works for me. The screen is glossy, and some do not like it. The sensor is quite sensitive, considering that it is resistive.
6. The cover, frankly, I did not like. In appearance, nothing yet. But here’s how the book “sits” in it, I was a little upset because The book hangs in it, does not hold. For me, this is not significant, because I practically do not take it with me.
7. Weight ~ 0.5 kg. It is quite convenient, if I may say so). I can say that there was still a choice between PocketBook IQ, because their price range is about the same (up to 4 tr). I made my choice in favor of Texet, despite the fact that IQ has an Android, and it is closer to the tablet, however, the weight is too big. A friend of IQ, this book seemed to me rather heavy.
8. I did not find any analogs with brand companies. And the Chinese have, I guess. We must look at their sites. Anyway, Texet slashed with the Chinese, putting its brand.
9. You can't make a tablet out of it, if I understood you correctly. There is no wi-fi; games, programs are not additionally installed.

I hope that I somehow answered and helped you). There are questions and answers on the office. Maybe some of your questions will find the answer,Take a look

Post has been editedJarule - 07.02.12, 10:24

Rep: (145)
Jarule @ 02/07/2012, 10:23*
About RAM silence. Probably 256 MB.

Why do you think so? (It happens 64 and 128)
... this is my first such device, so there’s nothing to do with it.

No need to compare. Just say how with viewing angles.
... the book dangles in it, does not hold.

And you can not bend holders?
... Texet slyamzil in Chinese, putting your brand.

Well, probably not slyamzil, and buys from someone.
You can't make a tablet out of it ... There's no wi-fi; games, programs are not additionally installed.

The lack of WiFi is not significant, you can connect via USB to the router. But that does not install anything - bad: (

A few more questions:
1. Is it possible to change the background color and the color of the letters (they write in the forum that it is too bright)?
2. Is the battery loose?
3. Can the battery be replaced (increased by a larger one)?
4. The film on the screen stuck? Available and how much?
5. They write that * .chm files open (only the table does not show). How smart is it?

Why do you think so? (It happens 64 and 128)

because the book TV-740HD is 256MB, as the manufacturer says.
about viewing angles: I read and look, looking directly at the screen)). Specially checked, purely subjectively, while reading on a white background, in black letters at 45 degrees a slight distortion of color rendition is already underway. I just don’t understand why this is necessary, because chatting and watching, looking under an elbow of more than 45 degrees is extremely inconvenient.

And here many thanks to you)) It turns out you can. As soon as I bought it, I immediately began to customize when I came home. It was freezing outside, and these hands seemed to freeze and were not plastic, it seemed to me that I would break them, I didn’t use them further, but now I leveled them quite calmly. The book sits tightly.

1. You can, of course. Brightness of the display is also configured. Font sizes are 16,20,24,28,32,52,100. Font colors are black, blue, green, red, white, yellow, blue, purple. There are 8 more different background colors.
2. I do not hang out, everything sits tightly in its place. By the way, I also read this review somewhere.
3. This is a question for technical support.
4. The film is not pasted. In questions and answers they write that there is no special film, you need to buy a suitable one and cut it yourself.
5. This file format is not checked. In extreme cases, there is the CHM to PDF Converter. If you need to check, give a link to a thread file of this format, and I will check. :)

Rep: (4)
5. They write that * .chm files open (only the table does not show). How smart is it?

* .chm opens, but not all files. Also the declared * .html is also not all. patterns have not yet found.
There is a problem with * .fb2. Files taken herehttp://knigosite.ru/library/books/72162and herehttp://reeed.ru/info_fb2.php(at the bottom of the page)
only open on the first page. After switching to other pages and exiting reading the next time you open these files
The device does not offer to start from the beginning or continue, but immediately displays the message "Unable to open the file." Checked the same files at
friend on Wexler - opens without problems.
On the video - no complaints. What did not slip - all reproduces in good quality.
Another of the drawbacks is a very quiet speaker (it is almost unheard of), everything is fine with headphones.
The rest of the book is like (you can even copy and delete files). And of course the price (3500r.) Is very affordable.

Thanks for the tip, for some reason I did not think of it.

Post has been editedsparr - 28.02.12, 21:26

Rep: (2)
Sparr @ 02.28.2012, 22:23*
There is a problem with * .fb2.

In some fb2 texts there is an insertion - a picture (some authors are very advanced, but not all the pictures are read by the book - I did not find the relationship). usually at the beginning of a chapter. the book hangs and ... everything. through the radar (on the computer) you delete and you will be happy.

and so, the book is normal. took my wife. with new firmware reads and deja vu. The screen is adequate, though I bought a broken one - they replaced it under warranty. The book is a little tupit, but you want speed buy a computer.
and, this is BOOK, the main goal is fb, epub, tikst, and the rest is ... zazhralis, my friend.
It may be better and poket, but for 10yr, yes they went to the bath.

Post has been editedgorgaev - 06.04.12, 09:17

Rep: (0)
gorgaev Do not tell me what the screen means broken?

Since this book has the ability to charge via usb - can I charge via usb in the car (through the cigarette lighter) - will the book burn?

Rep: (14)
Litvin23 @ 04/09/2012, 00:22*
Since this book has the ability to charge via usb - can I charge via usb in the car (through the cigarette lighter) - will the book burn?
It does not burn, and then the car needs charging to charge all sorts of devices through the usb connector

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 10.04.12, 11:06
Reason for editing: [/ quote]

Can you navigate through the menu using the buttons? The book fell, the touch broke, and I do not know if the buttons do not work or you can not move through the menu in the menu

I wanted to flash on v 1.6, the process was standing for 0% for a long time and I pulled the usb cable from the computer, now the book does not turn on and the computer does not find it, what to do ?????

Rep: (24)
to Niyazq and everyone:SoChip 8600/9800 device firmware. Here are the firmware:ftp://relay.alkotel.ru/service/eBOOK/TB-840HD/

Rep: (115)
1. How does a device work with stability?
2. How quickly do large-volume books open and scroll through — for example, PDFs of 40 megabytes or DJVUs of 15–20 MB?

I join the previous questioner.
By the way, what advantages did the new firmware 1.6 give, nobody tried it?

Niyazg @ 05/07/2012, 16:36*
I wanted to flash on v 1.6, the process was standing for 0% for a long time and I pulled the usb cable from the computer, now the book does not turn on and the computer does not find it, what to do ?????

I had the same situation, it is solved simply: re-insert the book into the computer, install the driver (as shown in the instructions in the archive with the firmware), and only after that reflash.
What are the advantages of the new firmware 1.6, no one tried?

As written in the instructions:

"v.1.6
- Added clock in the information line
- Added gray font for comfortable reading in the dark
- Added the ability to reduce the backlight brightness for comfortable reading in the dark
- Added saving scaling of pages of PDF and DJVU files (you must set the effect of changing the page to the "Transition" state)
- Added game Xiangqi (Chinese chess - rules can be read here)
- Added table of contents books in PDF. Table of contents in FB2 works in test mode "

I myself have not tried all the innovations yet, I only looked at the tables of contents in PDF and fb2. In PDFs, it does not work for everyone (most likely, only for those that include these tables of contents), but in fb2, it seems, for everyone (the table of contents is pretty simple there, but you can use it)

Glider_m @ 11.05.2012, 12:23*
1. How does a device work with stability?
2. How quickly do large-volume books open and scroll through — for example, PDFs of 40 megabytes or DJVUs of 15–20 MB?

1. I take about 5 months, I have never seen any serious failures, except for opening PDF and DjVu about 300 MB of weight (the book just gets up, but after the restart work as if nothing had happened). And yet, the book automatically on your desktop shows all the pictures and photos available to it (there is a special window for display), and if you are in the same folder of these same photos collected more than 800, the book increases its loading time when you turn on (I it was about 2 x 3 min), but if broken into folders, returning to the adequate operation.
2. In general, working with PDFs and DjVu on this book is extremely inconvenient (at least for me).
First, the insufficient zoom, even when zoomed in, needs to include formatting, which loses all the beauty of using the PDF format (just stretches the text, adjusting it to fit the screen).
Secondly, it is a very dull font in PDFs (the font remains dull even when formatted, not to mention zoom, and I never found a solution to this problem), and in fb2 (but here the problem is solved by increasing the font size, after which it is possible to read comfortably, but "Times New Roman" will have to be abandoned, for some reason, his book doesn’t like him much). I also note that in fb2 points and commas are poorly visible.

16saint @ 04/10/2012, 18:41*
can I navigate the menu using the buttons

No you can not.

Rep: (8)
Tell me, what is the operating time of this device?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 25/09/19, 16:27