HP TouchPad - Firmware | HP TouchPad firmware discussions

Rep: (90)
Firmware HP TouchPad
HP TouchPad, Palm Topaz
HP TouchPad Description | HP TouchPad talk | HP TouchPad Firmware

BEFORE HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS, CAREFULLY READ THE SHAPE!

In this thread, discuss the official and alternative firmware HP TouchPad

Drivers, manuals, utilities
Instructions on firmware using WebOS Doctor
If you decide to upgrade the version of webOS on your tablet, you just need to:
1. Download the official update (for example, from the topic header, or off.site)
2. Run the downloaded update, the following will appear on the screen
Attached Image

3. Now you need to transfer the tablet to "developer mode" by typing in the search field "Just type" string webos20090606
4. Now connect the tablet to USB, and go through the update process step by step.
The tablet will reboot itself and you can enjoy the latest firmware.
Instructions for alternative firmware (Android)
Post # 3Thank you sayorionys

Official firmware
Version 3.0.2
Version 3.0.4(In my opinion the most stable)
Version 3.0.5

Alternative firmware

Utility
Hard reset
If at some stage of the firmware, or during normal use, something went wrong, or the tablet is frozen, you can make it a hard reset as describedhere
Hard reset- reset the device to "Off"
Then you can turn it back on and use it for your own purposes.

Solving the problem with the path to the SDK with Android firmware
In older versions of the SDK, the installation path of "C: \ Program Files \ Palm, Inc" and when installing the android on the command line, you need to specify
cd "C: \ Program Files \ Palm, Inc"

In the new versions of the SDK this way is different. Namely - "C: \ Program Files \ Palm \ SDK \ bin" and, accordingly, must be entered in the command line
cd "C: \ Program Files \ Palm \ SDK \ bin"

We clean the list of firmware inMoBoot Bootloader
To remove the non-existent firmware from the MoBBoot list, usethis program. Thanks for the infoernis-1

The tutorial for solving the HP Touchpad boot problem! Guide for 32GB tablet!

Recovery android

ALL WHAT YOU DO, YOU DO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Neither the administration, nor the forum participants, nor the author of the articles bear responsibility !!!!

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links, or through QMS.

Post has been editedartem1701 - 28.09.16, 10:25

Rep: (0)
* sfssfs
Hey. They threw off in general, here you are a guide, but I have trouble. In one step, the snag goes after having thrown all the files for the firmware into the tablet, I click install, it checks them and gives an error. And that's all. I did not find the answer in the network, maybe you know the answer?

Rep: (19)
* vlad142536,
Well, I did not write a guide, I just did it. So the expert from me is still the one.
And what error does he write? And when, on downloading files under 4 or already under 7?

Rep: (14)
I put the last 7.1, for some reason the external drive sometimes disappeared, some minor glitches got out, but the main thing was that it was still slower than the last 4.4, but not faster, rolled back and was happy

Did anyone try to install and use LuneOS? Is it worth it or not to bother?

* vlad142536,
Maybe I certainly will not help you much in this matter .. in general, my brother also somehow wanted to install another firmware and he gave an error at the end. I can not say what was there for the error, but it did not work out for him and heserviceattributed He said so and so .. that did not work, well, they helped him there for a nominal fee to do everything. Can they find out at least why the error gives? all will be easier to figure out later

No one came across? Stitched on 4.4, flashed several times, very often disconnected from wifi networks, sometimes for a minute sometimes less, sometimes constantly back and forth, sometimes for a long time

Post has been editedfortuna666 - 09.01.18, 22:05

Rep: (15)
* fortuna666,
I had it with new wifi networks, the old router with it keeps in touch with the norms.

It does not depend on me, I noticed if I break out more often from the phone then breaks

What is the most stable system at the moment? Tell me please

All salaam! recently became the owner of this miracle) already on Android 2.3.7 programs are not downloaded, YouTube does not work, who could help me upgrade it to a newer firmware from Bishkek ?? my tel 0703000510

I bought this tablet for a paltry money for a child. Since already destroyed two tablets took the cheapest with a large screen. To my surprise, an awesome tablet. It was only webos. Installed Android 4.4 for thisinstructionsTrue, there was a problem. After updating Google services, a launcher error constantly crashed. No cache cleaning helped. I downloaded from the site XDA a newer version of firmware 4.4. Installed. Now everything works like a clock. Admittedly surprised. This tablet is now no worse than many new ones, and in some ways even better.

Rep: (19)
fox69 @ 03/02/19 11:03*
This tablet is now no worse than many new ones, and in some ways even better.

Yes, he has a great screen and gorgeous sound. And with the current bargain price - the very thing for a small child to watch cartoons and play simple games. It will even be a pity when it smashes :)
But definitely break: lol:

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/25/19, 19:29