> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

BlackBerry Bold 9900 - Discussion

Rep: (423)
DiscussionBlackBerry Bold 9900
Attached ImageBlackBerry Bold 9900
Description | BlackBerry OS FAQ | Discussion пїЅ | Newbie Questions пїЅ | Blackberry | BBM Groupsavagemessiahzine.com пїЅ | Blackberry Club пїЅ | Purchase BlackBerry devices online stores | BlackBerry OS software catalog пїЅ | Games recommended by our colleagues | Official website of the manufacturer | Reset IT policies in Blackberry smartphones пїЅ | Blackberry accessories пїЅ | Tracking new firmware BB (all models) пїЅ | Blackberry firmware пїЅ |

About Blackberry

BlackBerry Bold 9900 Reviews

useful links

Blackberry for dummies

Post has been editedfellps - 10.03.15, 09:03

Rep: (29)
dimap76, predictive input - this is when there are hints-additions to the word that you write. This is the strength of the BlackBerry on any smartphone, including in Russian. On the iPad, with predictive input is just a disaster, on 9790 and the PlayBook is a pleasure. At 9900, too, everything should be fine.

When the keyboard is not Russified, but you have to write in Russian, the phonetic layout is called (sometimes translit). This is also there.

Post has been editedobone - 15.07.12, 14:17

Rep: (64)
jokinglyaaa, have you purchased the machine? What are your impressions? I read in neighboring forums about the shortcomings of 9900. First, the interlocutor is heard loudly, but not very legibly (at least in comparison with older BB models), and there are glitches with the loss of the network for no reason at all.
Write down your impressions if possible.

Rep: (0)
It became interesting, but could not google: is there a virtual keyboard in 9900? =)

Phantomrus, No, why is it needed in a device with physical buttons?

dred78, offensively. There are times when you need to silently and without exerting effort on your fingers, in order not to sleep, to collect something. =)
An example that immediately came to mind, but already irrelevant - google something at the exam =)

Rep: (16)
Phantomrus @ 07/18/2012, 08:55*
dred78, offensively. There are times when you need to silently and without exerting effort on your fingers, so as not to burn off, to type something. =)

then you need 9800, it has an on-screen keyboard.

Dimap76 @ 07/18/2012, 11:01 PM*
then you need 9800, it has an on-screen keyboard.

9900 takes with its keyboard) So I’d better endure without a screen =)

Igoran, good evening. The device has not yet taken. I plan to order on ebay, tk. in Russia there is too much mark-up for this product (BlackBerry Bold 9900).

Post has been editedjokinglyaaa - 21.07.12, 22:27

Rep: (2)
Hello!
I look at 9930 on the Sotmarket website, and the lack of a Russian-language keyboard bothers me. Are they all like that or just a European picture embossed?
Thank!

Eisenfaust, Well, this must be checked with the seller, the main thing is that the phone has a qwerty keyboard, and then there’s no problem, you can either engrave or even easier, buy a Russian-English keyboard, you can change it yourself or in the service, if I’m not mistaken, the Russian keyboard is now an average of not more than 1,500 r, and cheaper can be found.

Eisenfaust, only I would not advise taking 9930, better than 9900. With 9930 there may be problems, because he has the main CDMA module.

Obone @ 07/26/2012, 10:57*
only I would not advise taking 9930, better than 9900. With 9930 there may be problems, because he has the main CDMA module.

Uh ... For me it's a Chinese letter. What is the problem?

P.S. And why 9930 costs 5 thousand rubles. more expensive than 9900 ?! Due to what?

Post has been editedEisenfaust - 26.07.12, 13:25

Eisenfaust, BlackBerry CDMA / GSM devices

Rep: (15)
Companions, does Wi-Fi 802.11n work? Thank.

it seems to work

I’m writing here for a reason, maybe the information is somewhere, but I didn’t find it, I ask you not to scold it very much.
I have BB 9930 (9900), I know that to find out the balance I need to send a request 2 times, I have a megaphone, therefore * 100 # and when the call comes in, they dial * 100 # again, only the trouble, the balance that he writes is not true.
I noticed the following thing, if you disable the Internet service without settings in your personal account, then when dialing * 100 # a regular USSD request is sent, and the balance is displayed in the usual way, while the amount corresponds to the real balance.
And yet, flooded service beeches, those where eight lines.
In this, I noticed that after I remove and insert the battery, that is, I completely restart the phone, the GPRS Internet works, but then it stops after some time, and if you turn on Wi-Fi, the Internet works in applications, in almost all then not bad.

Well, I kind of wrote what I wanted.
And now I would like to ask if anyone can tell or explain.
Is it possible to ensure that service books do not crash and the GPRS Internet always works, I don’t want to connect BIS for 372 r \ month, I want to connect the usual Internet, for 150r \ month. Mail servers are not needed, things like tweeter, WhatsApp and browsers are needed, which basically works through wi-fi without any problems)
Well, if someone, that useful can tell by phone, would be very grateful.
Thank.

Post has been editedKlerek - 19.08.12, 18:22

Klerek, I don’t know how useful it will be, but I’ll say it. BlackBerry does not work fine without BIS. Or connect and stop to suffer, or change the phone.

And still I show. Model 9930 (as opposed to 9900) is designed for CDMA networks, and the GSM module is optional, for work on business trips. All sorts of problems can come up, such as skipping calls.

obone, Thanks for the answer, but in fact so far I have not found any problems with the connection. Well, yes, I know that without BIS, any blackberry does not work quite correctly, but in the presence of wai-fay so far there have been no complaints. If I notice, I will share it.
In principle, I chose between iPhone and Blackbury, I don’t have a soul for the iPhone, but Blackbury is the fourth in a row.
So far, there have been no particular complaints about the work, but there were nuances in accessing the Internet with all the models.

For the second week I have been using BB 9930
I did not notice any problems with the connection. The device works perfectly.
Never hung, did not lose the network, did not break the connection with the interlocutor. In general, so far everything is buzzing.

Rep: (4)
Well, meet a fellow soldier!

A bit of history. Last September, after the death of 4 iPhones in a broken rubbish Subaru WRX STI, I decided to return to Nokia, bought an e6. 2.5 weeks ago, the upper part of the sensor refused it, passed it to the warranty. I looked through the similar communication salons (on the next day, a business trip, smart is needed as a working tool). e6 found nowhere. But I came across a Bold 9900.

In general, during this time the word comfort has gained another synonym - Blackberry. Everything is well worked out in the model, the keyboard is a little more convenient than in the Nokia e71 and e6, ergonomic, the OS is convenient, after symbian and ios it got used to in literally an hour. I found how to deal with mailboxes and contacts on some English-language site. For the first time in a smartphone, I am completely satisfied with the standard browser and there is no desire to immediately install Opera. Nice tactile.

Claim one. Charge. I talk about 5 hours a day, send up to 100 sms, simple and corporate mailboxes, in the amount of 7, are constantly updated from 9 am to 00 pm, whats app plus little things like icq work. I had to go on a business trip to buy two more batteries, the benefit of abroad cost almost a penny.

If you need a workhorse, and for the sake of general convenience, you can accept a periodic battery change - I advise you to take this Bold. And batteries to it.

Post has been editedmdma-fk - 01.09.12, 22:27

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 04/08/19, 22:59