> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Wexler Book T7005 - firmware
Firmware Wexler Book T7005
What firmware do you have on the Wexler Book T7005?
Native (original) [ 152 ] ** [56,3%]
Alternative [ 91 ] ** [33,7%]
I don't understand this at all [ 27 ] ** [10%]
Total votes: 270

Rep: (47)
FirmwareWexler Book T7005
Discussion пїЅ | Description | FAQ | Firmware пїЅ

Firmware:
Remember that all actions to reflash the device, you perform exclusively under your own responsibility, at your own peril and risk.

Original firmware:
Download here:Wexler Book T7005 - firmware (Post Garage # 49832248)

List of changes in firmware 1.1.9 compared with 1.1.5:

List of changes in firmware
1. Added support for .zip archives
2. Fixed errors in the display of the letter "in" in some formats
3. Optimized interface

How to flash:
Attached fileSoftware change instructions for WEXLER.BOOK T7005 (version 1.1) .doc(2.65 MB)

Firmware program:
LiveSuit program (current version)- the program itself, installation instructions (read required) and the way to solve possible driver problems.

LiveSuit (previous version) -Download
Drivers(32 and 64 bits)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Alternative firmware:
(on alternative firmware there is no support for the G-sensor, the orientation of the screen when reading on alternative firmware can be set manually).
Firmware sorted by the date of the first addition of their authors in this topic.

NEW 1. Modified firmware T7005_V1.3SE_Sanja_180 & Halifers (based on the original firmware WEXLER.BOOK T7005).
Author adaptation firmwareSanja_180 | Enhance reputation .
Overview of the firmware +link to download - Here .

2. Modified firmware T7005.1.2SE with graphic additions from Halifers (based on the original firmware WEXLER.BOOK T7005).

3. Modified firmware based on original firmware WEXLER.BOOK T7005 version 1.1.9 (Firmware T7005.1.2SE SE - (Sanja_180Edition)).

4. Adapted firmware Ritmix RBK-430 (Especially for the Wexler Book T7005 as amended Faust3000 )
Author adaptation firmwareFaust3000 | Enhance reputation .

5. Adapted firmware Windows Electronic Book (WEB 1.0) - (Special for Wexler Book T7005)
Author adaptation firmwareFaust3000 | Enhance reputation .

6. Adapted firmware from PLOYER V10 (Especially for Wexler Book T7005)

7. Adapted firmware teXet_TB-740HD (v.1.6.4) (Especially for Wexler Book T7005)
A brief overview of the firmware (two versions - with and without SEGA) +download links - Here .
How to run a SEGA emulator -read here.
Games for SEGA can be downloaded -HereandHere

8. Modified firmware teXet TB 710HD (v.1.9.6) (Especially for Wexler Book T7005)
Author adaptation firmwareFaust3000 | Enhance reputation

9. Adapted firmware Effire TR-701 version 1.3 (especially for the Wexler Book T7005).
Author adaptation firmwarelosber | Enhance reputation
Overview of the firmware -Here

10. Adapted firmware Texet TB-740HD v.1.5 (especially for the Wexler Book T7005).
(Also suitable for Effire ColorBook TR701).
+ Additional modification with improved text clarity when reading books + link to download - Here .
Author of additional firmware adaptationSanja_180 | Enhance reputation
++ Additional modification with improved text clarity when reading books + SEGA emulator + link to download - Here
Author of additional firmware adaptationSanja_180 | Enhance reputation

11. (added 06/12/2012) Adapted firmware Effire TR-701 version 1.2 (especially for the Wexler Book T7005).

12. (added 04/28/2012) Adapted firmware Texet TB-740HD v.1.4 (especially for the Wexler Book T7005).
(Also fully fit for Effire ColorBook TR701).
Author adaptation firmwareRedscorpio | Enhance reputation
Overview of the firmware -Here.

13. (updated 02/02/2012) Adapted firmware Effire ColorBook TR701 from losber (especially for Wexler Book T7005) :
Adapted firmware Effire ColorBook TR701 from losber
Firmware from Effire ColorBook TR701 v1.2 in two versions, with increased frequencies and with regular ones.

A brief description of the firmware -hereplus the changes listed below:

+ (updated 02/02/2012)

+ Fixed for working with a 2800mA Wexler Book T7005 battery
+ Replaced default font on GeorgiaeSerif
+ 384 MHz memory frequency (instead of 300 MHz)
+ CPU frequency in the performance mode 396 MHz (instead of 300 MHz)
+updated microSD card driver
+updated video and audio codecs
+battery level (in%) in the Battery application is shownred because it is always visible
effire_ColorBook_v1.2_losber_ed_for_wex_font_accel_new_TR701_kernel.img

+ Fixed for working with a 2800mA Wexler Book T7005 battery
+ Replaced default font on GeorgiaeSerif
difference from the previous one
- 300 MHz memory frequency (as in the original)
- CPU frequency in the performance mode 300 MHz (as in the original)
+updated microSD card driver
+updated video and audio codecs
+battery level (in%) in the Battery application is shownred because it is always visible
effire_ColorBook_v1.2_losber_ed_for_wex_font_new_TR701_kernel.img

14. (updated 02/12/2012) Adapted firmware Texet TB-740HD v.003(especially for Wexler Book T7005)
Overview of the firmware -here

15. ([Updated 12/02/2012) Adapted firmware Ritmix RBK-430 (especially for Wexler Book T7005)
Overview of the firmware -here

----------------------------------------------------------------

Device Recovery.
If the firmware failed, and you got a "dead" machine:
1. Do not panic and rush to extremes.
It is almost always possible to restore our device, which has died due to unsuccessful flashing, to a properly functioning “hardware” device.
So do not panic !!!
2. If the device is determined by the computer, try to re-flash again according to the manufacturer’s instructions (see link above).
3. If the device is not detected by the computer, then follow this instruction (under the spoiler):
The way to return the book to a healthy state
This is the main way to restore our device after incorrect flashing or firmware failures!

1. Open LiveSuit
2. Click the button at the top - SelectImg
3. Select the firmware file with the extension * .img
4. Hold the key under the screen (with a small square) on the book (make sure that the power lever on the right, at the end is set to Off) and, without releasing it, connect the usb cable to the book (after connecting it to the PC with one end).
5. Without releasing the key under the screen (with a small square), press the power key (at the top end) several times.
6. On the computer, you will hear a sound similar to the sound of connecting new equipment, and a window will appear with the update options (see under spoiler).
The button held on the book can then be released.
Upgrade window
Attached Image

Agree to formatting the memory of the e-book by clicking "Yes" (in this case, all user information will also be deleted).
7. Wait until the update is complete; do not disconnect the device from the PC until the calibration screen appears.
8. Calibrate the screen. The device is ready to use.

P.S. In paragraph 4 of this method can be stitched, both in the position of the lever "On" and "Off". There are cases when the flashing is impossible from the “On” position, for example, when an unsuccessfully flashed update tries to start updating again at the start. In this case, in paragraph 4 - only "Off". And then do not forget, after a successful flashing, to return the lever to the “On” position in order to start the reader.

4. If the previous method (p.3) did not succeed, the forum member logosnv presented his way revitalizing the device.
What we say to himthank.
5. If during the flashing process you turned off the electricity, the usb-port "fell off", the OS buggy, and you got a brick that doesn’t react to anything, then the recovery method is as follows:
Recovery method for firmware failure
1. Reboot the PC / laptop from which the e-book was flashed.
2. Go to "Device Recovery", p.3 from the topic header and follow steps 1,2,3.
3. No more clicking on the book, just connect the book to your PC / laptop.
4. LiveSuit will stop and start a seemingly completely “dead” book, and in fact the book just remained in flashing mode.

I want to remind once again that you perform all actions with the device exclusively under your responsibility.
And if you are not confident in your actions, as well as in the consequences of your actions, then refrain from rash steps.

K
If you want to say thank you (from forum rules):
5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.
5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.

TO comfortably reading books: Any font you like, any font size you like, replacement of the background with any color, sub-page footnotes in the text --- without flashing the device (this text is clickable).
WITH Benefit Run Livesuit 1.09 on Win8.

The topic is regularly cleaned from non-informative messages, as well as messages that are not related to the main theme.

Post has been editedMalmu - 23.05.16, 13:10

Cawa1990 @ 01/08/2012, 13:03*
Malmu Could you check if it comes from elfire djvu? I will be grateful

Can you put some file in djvu here so that I can try?

And what is there to pay attention to?

Post has been editedMalmu - 08.01.12, 12:13

Rep: (6)
That stuck, to pay attention to the fact whether the pages are changing rapidly and whether there is the ability to scale?
Thank you in advance.

PS: In your firmware video output works?

Why is that the site did not work out, threw on the peoplehttp://narod.ru/disk/36879185001/%23%D0%A2...D1%8B.djvu.html

Post has been editedCawa1990 - 08.01.12, 12:35

Cawa1990 @ 01/08/2012, 13:32*
Pay attention to whether the pages change quickly and is there scaling ability?

Firmware 1.2 from Effire ColorBook TR701
Djvu format opens.
Pages change in 3-5 seconds after pressing.
Scaled by 2-3 clicks. For some reason did not increase. Scaling speed - 6-8 seconds after clicking.
Scaling example
Attached Image
Attached Image

Cawa1990 @ 01/08/2012, 13:32*
PS: In your firmware video output works?

I have not tried my own.
:)
But you can try.
What color is the plug for the video input?

Post has been editedMalmu - 21.01.12, 16:18

Video - yellow, I tried to throw an image on the plasma 100 cm, the quality is very good even)

Cawa1990 @ 01/08/2012, 2:10 PM*
Video - yellow, I tried to throw an image on the plasma 100 cm, the quality is very good even)

Yeah. Understood.
I just don’t watch TV, and now only regular TV is available (not plasma).
But on it, too, now .mkv is spinning normally with Wexler.
I did not immediately figure out how to return the image back to the reader. A button under the screen (with a square).
So I'm still happy with the firmware from the Effire ColorBook TR701.
And the backgrounds for reading there are not as acidic as in their own.
The only negative is - does not read. Fip2 .zip archives. Only unpacked Fb2.
:(
But this is nonsense. Extra 3 seconds to unpack.

And how does the prose relate to battery capacity? We have it in 2800 at Effire - 2000?

Post has been editedMalmu - 21.01.12, 16:21

Cawa1990 @ 09.01.2012, 20:58*
And how does the prose relate to battery capacity? We have it in 2800 at Effire - 2000?

Figs knows ...
Is it yourself on your own firmware?
How much does the device charge on it?

Post has been editedMalmu - 21.01.12, 16:20

thanks, no, how to bring home, immediately effire'ovskuyu poured, though so far not found tangible benefits. Regarding the charge, I still did not charge mine at all, but I have 220 in usb, 4 adapters, I will have a difference, if I have something, I can write it off

And in that book, it was like a mini usb, I used my cable, and the downloaded manual also counts as a mini. seen one of the earlier version.

Rep: (0)
Good evening.
Help me please. After flashing the book does not turn on and does not see the computer. She doesn't react to anything at all. Maybe someone came across or have at least some thoughts. Thank you in advance

Malmu, you did not notice that in the bills of interest of the bills - the font was clearer in the books, or it seems to me, otherwise this is not clear ... the smallest is meant

Stitched through LiveSuit to version 1.1.9 from 12/22/2011 (version 1.1.9) from the manufacturer’s home site. The book was cut out during the process of flashing itself, ceased to be recognized by the computer and then did not turn on at all.
Now I will try to revive the book. Thanks for the links.
If it doesn't work out for me, can they help with the service. the center and does it fall under the warranty case?
It's a shame that the book is only 4 days old

I think they should help, and there are, in my opinion, good chances that the guarantee will continue, for off-firmware from the off-site site, you can call the bills of exchange. and if you go to the SC, I advise you to go directly to the SC of the bills, and not to act through the m-video, Eldorado, etc.

Siguatera @ 01/10/2012, 02:21*
If it doesn't work out for me, can they help with the service. the center and does it fall under the warranty case?

Try it yourself first.

Cawa1990 @ 01/10/2012, 02:07*
Malmu, you did not notice that in the bills of interest of the bills - the font was clearer in the books, or it seems to me, otherwise this is not clear ... the smallest is meant

Well, the taste and color ...
Only the Arial Style font (size 20) approached me on my native firmware, the second font (I do not remember the name) is too bold, and in the Times New Roman Style the line spacing is too long for me.
Therefore, I even liked the font in Effire's firmware. Put the 18th size - for me the most it!

Post has been editedMalmu - 10.01.12, 10:16

In general, mainly guided by the typing method, I found the following parameters in the firmware (in the configuration file):
In Effire's firmware: "Battery_cap = 2200"
In Wexler firmware: "Battery_cap = 2800"
Which, in fact, was to be expected.

Whether this difference affects the performance of the battery (its charging time, battery life, etc.) is not clear.
Most likely - affects.

I'm in Linux and in the firmware - full ... (as if to say this in a softer way ...)
It is very necessary in our topic intelligent programmer. Oh, how necessary!

Post has been editedMalmu - 10.01.12, 19:15

It is necessary that the programmer would buy himself a wexler)

I came across this situation.
I have this device for almost 2 weeks. On firmware 1.1.5 I worked for three days, then I started to flash the book on version 1.1.9 (downloaded from the official site).
With the firmware, the book went out and stopped turning on, the computer was not detected (neither windows nor linux).
The following things helped:
THE BOOK IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER !!!
1) start the flash driver
2) you specify the file image of the firmware v.1.1.9
3) click "flash" - the program has cursed that the device is not connected
4) you press the power button on the device and hold it for 10 seconds, then, without releasing the power button, you connect the device to the computer!
5) wait another 2 seconds and release the button - the computer writes that a new device has been detected and runs the driver installation wizard (winXP)
6) in the installation wizard for new devices, you specify the folder where to take firewood (drivers folder in the installation directory of the flash driver program)
7) firewood is put on the machine, the book is recognized, the firmware process continues
8) you sit, you nervously smoke, after 4 minutes the firmware will be installed.
Somehow like this

Post has been editedte $ la - 12.01.12, 11:27

I disassembled firmware 1.1.9 - themes, there are a lot of icons of all kinds. Maybe someone knows how to change these topics. I guess this is done in debug = 1 mode, but how? Can there be any information about the forum (thread) for newcomers to changing firmware? Branch - firmware - this forum for experienced.

Post has been editedMalmu - 21.01.12, 16:31

maz_46 , this is for you right here need to read and ask.

Post has been editedMalmu - 21.01.12, 16:32

Guys, on YouTube there is a video that shows a bug in the Wexler T7005 when dragging shortcuts to the quick launch bar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98i0TC6uRCI...feature=related
My labels on the device are not dragged at all (!) - firmware 1.1.9. Moreover, in a mysterious way
The label "Video" has disappeared, an empty space instead. Has anyone encountered a similar problem, how did they solve it?

te $ la The bug with dragging icons is known. He has already been discussed in this topic.
It is even on the list of bugs thatCawa1990 recently sent to the Wexler TP.
Read this topic.

te $ la @ 01/15/2012, 10:56 PM*
Has anyone encountered a similar problem, how did they solve it?

We do not fix the bug at the moment on the native firmware 1.1.9, we are waiting for the next firmware and we hope.

How to remove the consequences:
1. Roll back to 1.1.5. It does not have this bug.
2. Flip to 1.1.9 again.
3. Flip to alternative firmware. For example, from Texet TB-710HD in the version Dipal (a brief description of the firmware - here ) or at native firmware from our practically twin Effire ColorBook TR701 (a brief description of the firmware - here ).
In alternative firmware there is no such bug.

Post has been editedMalmu - 15.01.12, 22:21

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/28/19 12:42