> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Wexler Book T7005 - firmware
Firmware Wexler Book T7005
What firmware do you have on the Wexler Book T7005?
Native (original) [ 152 ] ** [56,3%]
Alternative [ 91 ] ** [33,7%]
I don't understand this at all [ 27 ] ** [10%]
Total votes: 270

Rep: (47)
FirmwareWexler Book T7005
Discussion пїЅ | Description | FAQ | Firmware пїЅ

Firmware:
Remember that all actions to reflash the device, you perform exclusively under your own responsibility, at your own peril and risk.

Original firmware:
Download here:Wexler Book T7005 - firmware (Post Garage # 49832248)

List of changes in firmware 1.1.9 compared with 1.1.5:

List of changes in firmware
1. Added support for .zip archives
2. Fixed errors in the display of the letter "in" in some formats
3. Optimized interface

How to flash:
Attached fileSoftware change instructions for WEXLER.BOOK T7005 (version 1.1) .doc(2.65 MB)

Firmware program:
LiveSuit program (current version)- the program itself, installation instructions (read required) and the way to solve possible driver problems.

LiveSuit (previous version) -Download
Drivers(32 and 64 bits)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Alternative firmware:
(on alternative firmware there is no support for the G-sensor, the orientation of the screen when reading on alternative firmware can be set manually).
Firmware sorted by the date of the first addition of their authors in this topic.

NEW 1. Modified firmware T7005_V1.3SE_Sanja_180 & Halifers (based on the original firmware WEXLER.BOOK T7005).
Author adaptation firmwareSanja_180 | Enhance reputation .
Overview of the firmware +link to download - Here .

2. Modified firmware T7005.1.2SE with graphic additions from Halifers (based on the original firmware WEXLER.BOOK T7005).

3. Modified firmware based on original firmware WEXLER.BOOK T7005 version 1.1.9 (Firmware T7005.1.2SE SE - (Sanja_180Edition)).

4. Adapted firmware Ritmix RBK-430 (Especially for the Wexler Book T7005 as amended Faust3000 )
Author adaptation firmwareFaust3000 | Enhance reputation .

5. Adapted firmware Windows Electronic Book (WEB 1.0) - (Special for Wexler Book T7005)
Author adaptation firmwareFaust3000 | Enhance reputation .

6. Adapted firmware from PLOYER V10 (Especially for Wexler Book T7005)

7. Adapted firmware teXet_TB-740HD (v.1.6.4) (Especially for Wexler Book T7005)
A brief overview of the firmware (two versions - with and without SEGA) +download links - Here .
How to run a SEGA emulator -read here.
Games for SEGA can be downloaded -HereandHere

8. Modified firmware teXet TB 710HD (v.1.9.6) (Especially for Wexler Book T7005)
Author adaptation firmwareFaust3000 | Enhance reputation

9. Adapted firmware Effire TR-701 version 1.3 (especially for the Wexler Book T7005).
Author adaptation firmwarelosber | Enhance reputation
Overview of the firmware -Here

10. Adapted firmware Texet TB-740HD v.1.5 (especially for the Wexler Book T7005).
(Also suitable for Effire ColorBook TR701).
+ Additional modification with improved text clarity when reading books + link to download - Here .
Author of additional firmware adaptationSanja_180 | Enhance reputation
++ Additional modification with improved text clarity when reading books + SEGA emulator + link to download - Here
Author of additional firmware adaptationSanja_180 | Enhance reputation

11. (added 06/12/2012) Adapted firmware Effire TR-701 version 1.2 (especially for the Wexler Book T7005).

12. (added 04/28/2012) Adapted firmware Texet TB-740HD v.1.4 (especially for the Wexler Book T7005).
(Also fully fit for Effire ColorBook TR701).
Author adaptation firmwareRedscorpio | Enhance reputation
Overview of the firmware -Here.

13. (updated 02/02/2012) Adapted firmware Effire ColorBook TR701 from losber (especially for Wexler Book T7005) :
Adapted firmware Effire ColorBook TR701 from losber
Firmware from Effire ColorBook TR701 v1.2 in two versions, with increased frequencies and with regular ones.

A brief description of the firmware -hereplus the changes listed below:

+ (updated 02/02/2012)

+ Fixed for working with a 2800mA Wexler Book T7005 battery
+ Replaced default font on GeorgiaeSerif
+ 384 MHz memory frequency (instead of 300 MHz)
+ CPU frequency in the performance mode 396 MHz (instead of 300 MHz)
+updated microSD card driver
+updated video and audio codecs
+battery level (in%) in the Battery application is shownred because it is always visible
effire_ColorBook_v1.2_losber_ed_for_wex_font_accel_new_TR701_kernel.img

+ Fixed for working with a 2800mA Wexler Book T7005 battery
+ Replaced default font on GeorgiaeSerif
difference from the previous one
- 300 MHz memory frequency (as in the original)
- CPU frequency in the performance mode 300 MHz (as in the original)
+updated microSD card driver
+updated video and audio codecs
+battery level (in%) in the Battery application is shownred because it is always visible
effire_ColorBook_v1.2_losber_ed_for_wex_font_new_TR701_kernel.img

14. (updated 02/12/2012) Adapted firmware Texet TB-740HD v.003(especially for Wexler Book T7005)
Overview of the firmware -here

15. ([Updated 12/02/2012) Adapted firmware Ritmix RBK-430 (especially for Wexler Book T7005)
Overview of the firmware -here

----------------------------------------------------------------

Device Recovery.
If the firmware failed, and you got a "dead" machine:
1. Do not panic and rush to extremes.
It is almost always possible to restore our device, which has died due to unsuccessful flashing, to a properly functioning “hardware” device.
So do not panic !!!
2. If the device is determined by the computer, try to re-flash again according to the manufacturer’s instructions (see link above).
3. If the device is not detected by the computer, then follow this instruction (under the spoiler):
The way to return the book to a healthy state
This is the main way to restore our device after incorrect flashing or firmware failures!

1. Open LiveSuit
2. Click the button at the top - SelectImg
3. Select the firmware file with the extension * .img
4. Hold the key under the screen (with a small square) on the book (make sure that the power lever on the right, at the end is set to Off) and, without releasing it, connect the usb cable to the book (after connecting it to the PC with one end).
5. Without releasing the key under the screen (with a small square), press the power key (at the top end) several times.
6. On the computer, you will hear a sound similar to the sound of connecting new equipment, and a window will appear with the update options (see under spoiler).
The button held on the book can then be released.
Upgrade window
Attached Image

Agree to formatting the memory of the e-book by clicking "Yes" (in this case, all user information will also be deleted).
7. Wait until the update is complete; do not disconnect the device from the PC until the calibration screen appears.
8. Calibrate the screen. The device is ready to use.

P.S. In paragraph 4 of this method can be stitched, both in the position of the lever "On" and "Off". There are cases when the flashing is impossible from the “On” position, for example, when an unsuccessfully flashed update tries to start updating again at the start. In this case, in paragraph 4 - only "Off". And then do not forget, after a successful flashing, to return the lever to the “On” position in order to start the reader.

4. If the previous method (p.3) did not succeed, the forum member logosnv presented his way revitalizing the device.
What we say to himthank.
5. If during the flashing process you turned off the electricity, the usb-port "fell off", the OS buggy, and you got a brick that doesn’t react to anything, then the recovery method is as follows:
Recovery method for firmware failure
1. Reboot the PC / laptop from which the e-book was flashed.
2. Go to "Device Recovery", p.3 from the topic header and follow steps 1,2,3.
3. No more clicking on the book, just connect the book to your PC / laptop.
4. LiveSuit will stop and start a seemingly completely “dead” book, and in fact the book just remained in flashing mode.

I want to remind once again that you perform all actions with the device exclusively under your responsibility.
And if you are not confident in your actions, as well as in the consequences of your actions, then refrain from rash steps.

K
If you want to say thank you (from forum rules):
5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.
5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.

TO comfortably reading books: Any font you like, any font size you like, replacement of the background with any color, sub-page footnotes in the text --- without flashing the device (this text is clickable).
WITH Benefit Run Livesuit 1.09 on Win8.

The topic is regularly cleaned from non-informative messages, as well as messages that are not related to the main theme.

Post has been editedMalmu - 23.05.16, 13:10

Cawa1990 , A few questions:

1. What firmware is worth buying?
2. Was it the last one, if the previous one was in the book?
3. Has anything changed during the flashing (if any)?

Post has been editedMalmu - 22.01.12, 12:17
Reason for editing: add poll

Rep: (6)
It was asking for Version 1.1.5, it was not stitched yet, since the change list is scanty:
List of changes in firmware 1.1.9 compared with 1.1.5:
1. Added support for .zip archives
2. Fixed errors in the display of the letter "in" in some formats
3. Optimized interface
So laziness took its toll.

PS: Regarding movies, the book reads a flash with NTFS, so there will be no problems with large files.

Right herethe user wrote that when upgrading the firmware from 1.1.5 to 1.1.9, the mkv format stopped playing.
Can anyone confirm or deny?

I read the Wexler section on Facebook - the raw firmware for 7005 ...
But I liked the book. I seriously thought about buying.

Post has been editedMalmu - 05.01.12, 17:28

By flashing:

For some reason, KIS2011 swears at the flash program from the Wexler website. He writes that there is something harmful in it and deletes it from the disk of the laptop when trying to unpack it from the archive.

Therefore, I did not follow the manual for flashing, but simply copied the new firmware file into the reader and launched it from the book via the Files icon.

The firmware took about five minutes, most of which on a black background was "Setting up System, please wait". Then the book went out and I had a couple of "fun" minutes while I waited for what would happen next.

And then you need to turn on the book with a button on the upper end, the calibration process will start, and the firmware will be updated in this way.

K
It is not recommended to update the firmware of the device by running the firmware file copied to the microSD and even more so from the internal memory.

Post has been editedMalmu - 02.07.13, 18:22

And what about reading the MKV video form? And any changes were noticed or not really?

By the way, congratulations on your purchase

Post has been editedCawa1990 - 06.01.12, 18:43

Malmu @ 01/05/2012, 18:19*
Here the user wrote that when upgrading the firmware from 1.1.5 to 1.1.9, the mkv format ceased to be reproduced.
Can anyone confirm or deny?

Cawa1990 @ 01/06/2012, 19:42*
And what about reading the MKV video form?

On firmware 1.1.9, mkv (1024x424) started up normally.

Cawa1990 @ 01/06/2012, 19:42*
And any changes were noticed or not really?

1. Subjectively, it seemed that pressing the screen became better.
Although it can only seem. Or, because the calibration was done after reflashing.
2. Now open .zip archives with fb2.
More is not yet significant.

I have when studying the reading roomgot a question :
In the "Options" there are two items - "Turn off the screen" and "Auto-off the display."
Did not quite understand, but what is the difference between them?

Post has been editedMalmu - 06.01.12, 19:34

Can you tell me if the pages are still in percentages?

Cawa1990 @ 01/06/2012, 11:51 PM*
Can you tell me if the pages are still in percentages?

Yes, as a percentage.
For me it is good.
:)

Stumbled upon thisvideo with bugfirmware 1.1.9, I tried it myself, there is a bug with the battery icon.

Rep: (0)
By the way, I tried to install the firmware from Texet TB710HD modified, the firmware is installed, everything is so beautiful. There are no problems with dragging the icon, flipping through the pages. Next did not drive, he returned to his native. I will read on the topic of firmware and firmware Effire ColorBook TR701

By the way, I tried to install the firmware from Texet TB710HD modified, the firmware is installed, everything is so beautiful. There are no problems with dragging the icon, flipping through the pages.

How to sew? Through the flasher or through the firmware file on the internal memory?

Day I sit at home 1.1.9.
I do not remember the position of books (fb2) at the exit. More precisely remembers, but several pages earlier than the position from which he finished reading. Now I will update again and try, then I will return to 1.1.5 and try there.

Next did not drive, he returned to his native.

Why come back? What did not like?

Post has been editedMalmu - 07.01.12, 21:37

I have a problem with the following: I need djvu to read and move ef [through pages, otherwise it’s not convenient to navigate through textbooks on%

Shil through the flasher, returned because bought a wexler, and it turns out texet.

And can I refer to this modified request? And is there a way out for this video?

Shl. And it seems our branch attached) Cheers comrades

Post has been editedCawa1990 - 07.01.12, 22:32

Malmu @ 01/08/2012, 00:03*
I stubbornly swear at Kaspersky on my native flasher from Wexler.

Try from another site (for example Ritmix), read the manual at the same time, there is something in the manual from Wexlera not} -)

Maz_46 @ 01/08/2012, 00:40*
And can I refer to this modified request? And is there a way out for this video?

http://letitbit.net/download/96174.9eaa7ed...5_djvu.rar.html

Thank you losber from the SoChip 8600/9800 device firmware branch

Cawa1990 , if you decide to sew, collect, pliz, more data on the differences between the firmware from the native.
Well, the pros itself, if any.

In the firmware thread for Effire ColorBook TR701, this is the description for the firmware:
Firmware description
Texet TB-710HD firmware in Dipal edition with increased scaling factor with the addition of support for DJVU and radio under the Effire Color Book TR-701
Pros (what distinguishes this firmware from the standard)
- more interesting interface with a large set of wallpapers
- “history” opens quickly (in effire, it generally hangs)
- the level of acb is shown in white colors therefore it is always visible
- vertically oriented photos are displayed correctly
- pages are remembered correctly, with any kind of stopping reading
- FB2 footnote support is available.
- the overall performance of the device is higher than in Effire
- the book hangs much less frequently
disadvantages
- the screen does not turn off when you shortly press the power button
-no search files in effire
- at a low level of brightness, the backlight is still intense - T.O. work from acb will be less long than on effire
- not sure, but the speaker seems a little quieter
Conclusion: There are undoubtedly more pluses than minuses, this firmware is a worthy replacement for the standard one.

Maybe she will be better than my own.

Put the lastnative firmware from Effire ColorBook TR701 .
The interface is exactly the same as ours. The same icons, the same toys (see photo below).

From detected changes:
1. On the Effire ColorBook TR701 there is probably no accelerometer, in the settings of this function there. The orientation of the page when reading can be set manually.
2. When reading books, pages are indicated, not percentages. Font one, font size is smaller, remembers the position like normal.
3. The firmware does not detect books in .zip archives (FB2), only unpacked. It's sad because too lazy to unpack all the books. Not difficult, but lazy. :)
I read only in fb2, so I could not check the other formats.
3. On this firmware I was able to catch several radio stations, there were only noises on my own.
4. Buttons work adequately.
5. The speed of work is about the same as in the native one. Maybe a little faster, although most likely it just seems.
6. Bugs with icons, as in the native 1.1.9, not detected.
7. There are minor insignificant differences in signatures.
8. It has a battery capacity (at Effire - 2200, at Wexler - 2800)

When flashing, the internal memory is erased , so if you decide to sew, keep this in mind.

This is what the interface of the flash reader looks like. As they say, find five differences from the original:
Photo interface of our device with firmware from Effire ColorBook TR701
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

During the experiments, the reader reads a couple of times.
As long as I stay on this firmware, I will look at it for a day or two.

Post has been editedMalmu - 22.01.12, 09:59

Now I’m downloading - modified from elfire, pages in djvu documents are very much needed, otherwise the search for the necessary page, having a table of contents turns into a tape measure, either further or in a bij. And I also took it in order to read the honey textbooks of which I don’t have in my native high school (and teachers sometimes require knowledge ....
And the fact that it will turn out Texet and God bless him - I liked the wexler case, and the rest is one platform, and there and there the manufacturer is Russia

Does the firmware boil down to the fact that the file is poured into the book and starts up there through the dispatcher? and whether it is necessary to unpack from the archive?

Post has been editedCawa1990 - 08.01.12, 02:13

The following conclusions were stitched from the texet: Yes, it not only reads djvu but also knows how to scale them, and it’s not a percentage of pages that’s why it’s realistic to find in the textbook on the table of contents, however, I’ll highlight the inconvenient interface from the minuses then), the book does not know the g-sensor, when changing the background it thinks much longer than at home, only 10 backlight options, and the first is still bright, cuts eyes when reading in the dark. In short, I think back to wexler.

Malmu Could you check if it comes from elfire djvu? I will be grateful

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/28/19 11:53