It happened, comrades. Not even 2 weeks have passed since the Vkontakte XMPP server was turned off, as a person with the nickname mrDoctorWho washed down his transport with blackjack ... well, you know :)
The transport was named vk4xmpp. It works through the VKontakte API and differs for the better from the previous one. You can familiarize yourself with the server side here:https://github.com/mrDoctorWho/vk4xmpp
From what I noticed during several hours of work:
- attachments come in messages (in the form of active links for the browser);
- fierce stability (I noticed only a couple of flights with immediate reconnection).
The only negative is the relatively complicated process of setting up and connecting vehicles.Do everything at your own peril and risk. Only you yourself are responsible for lost records and crooked hands!
And so, we proceed, in fact, to configure:
1. At this stage, you need to download the Jabber client PSI. follow the link and load (yes, you need to click on the green field in the upper right corner :))http://psi-im.org/;
2. Install the program and run (there will not be any difficulties);
3. The program will offer to create a profile. We create. You can call it anything.
4. We get a window in which we are asked to create an account or select an existing one. Click "create."
5. In the next window, enter the server name. I chose the jabberon.ru server. In theory, you can use any that has on its board the server side of the vk4xmpp transport. In order not to bother, drive in this one and you will be happy. Do not touch anything else and click "next."
6. Will swear on the certificate. I said I trust him :)
7. We come up with a username and password. Remember them (!). Copy the link to the captcha (from the 3rd field) to the browser line and enter the resulting captcha into the 4th field. Click "next" and "finish".
8. Now we will see a window with a list of contacts (which are not in it yet). Click in the lower right corner on the button that says "disabled" and connect. The program swears on the lack of information about you and on something else. Ignore by clicking "ok", "cancel" or something like that.
9. Click "General" (upper left corner) - "Overview of services". Get the window. At the bottom of the list we will see "VK4XMPP transport". Double click on it.
10. We get the next window, in which we will configure the transport itself to work with VK. Copy the link from the first field to the address bar of your browser. On the page that opens, click "allow." After that, copy the link from the address bar of the browser and paste it into the lower (3rd) field of the program window. We hammer in the 2nd field the login from the Vkontakte website (Phone number or E-mail). Click "next."
11. Now go to the window with the list of contacts and see the contact vkontakte.jabberon.ru and a message from it. We open a chat with him and see that the bot gives us a link. We pass on it. We send the captcha in the response message of the form "! Captcha XXXXXX" (naturally without quotes). If everything is done correctly, then your contacts will appear in the list.
12. Attention! Do not run head over heels to score an account on the phone. Your contacts are not authorized. Get a cruel glitch. Each contact, one by one, manually authorize using the program. Double click on the contact, in the window that appears, click "authorize". After you have authorized the entire list, go to the phone settings.
13. Go to the Accounts ->Add ->Jabber \ XMPP.
the name is arbitrary.
User JID is the login from the 7th item of this manual in the format "[email protected]
password - the password that you also entered in the 7th paragraph.
When everything is filled in - click "input". For an unknown reason, you cannot specify a connection server in the initial settings. Therefore, after creating the account, we again go into it and see the necessary fields. We leave the port unchanged, and in the field "server" enter "jabberon.ru". Click "save."
14. Change the network status to "online", go into contacts and rejoice that everything works as before (or maybe even better);)