qMetro | metro scheme with route building (Maemo / Harmattan / Symbian)

Rep: (125)
Attached Image
qMetro
Version: 0.6.8
Last update of the program in the header:12.09.2013

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Description:
Vector metro map with the ability to search for stations and build routes. Maps of many major cities of the world are available. The program contains maps of cities: Amsterdam, Bangkok, Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Delhi, Helsinki, Hong Kong, Kiev, London, Madrid, Mexico City, Milan, Montreal, Moscow, New York, Paris, Prague, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Taipei , Tokyo, Vienna - maps of other cities (foreign and Russian) are available on the websitepMetro.

Opportunities:
  • View metro and station diagrams
  • Defining multiple routes
  • Description of the route with the arrival time
  • Station Search
  • Multilingual interface
  • Skins
  • Support for multiple platforms

Russian interface: Yes
Homepage: qmetro.sf.net ( promo )

Download:

DEB MeeGo (Harmattan): Attached fileqmetro_0.6.8_harmattan.deb (1.58 MB)

DEB Maemo (Fremantle): Attached fileqmetro_0.6.8_fremantle.deb (1.64 MB)

Desktop (Windows, Linux, Mac, OS / 2): qMetro 0.6.5

Ovi Store (Symbian): qMetro 0.6.8

old version
qmetro_0.5.8_fremantle.deb
qmetro_0.5.8_harmattan.deb

[attachment = "1393223: qmetro_0 ... rmel_250.deb"]

Post has been editedNoidea - 12.09.13, 18:07
Reason for editing: 0.6.8 swipe, ui, settings ...

Rep: (52)
on the N900, you also have to use this program .. everything would be fine, but Yandex is nicer and this awareness causes a butt ...

Rep: (25)
On the N900, everything is much better so no need to ... and Yandex does not have station diagrams and station information ...
There will be a desire / motivation to finish off and under N9 it just doesn’t really look like anyone needs it ... a creative crisis can be said: rolleyes:
In addition, since then the SDKs have been updated - it seems to have become faster.

P.S.>
Who can write how it works on N9?
Under the emulator in full-screen mode, it runs MUCH faster than in the window, is it the same on the device?
Performance settings how much save?

P.P.S.>
Honestly, I was really surprised when I saw that such a crude project was posted here.
Under Maemo, it hasn’t gone anywhere, but under Harmattan it’s still very damp ...

Post has been editedNoidea - 14.02.12, 03:33

Rep: (12)
Yandex has no station diagrams and station information ...

And in the version for n9 this is not? It's a pity. :(

Under the emulator in full-screen mode, it runs MUCH faster than in the window, is it the same on the device?

Honestly, it seemed the opposite. Well, or comparable in speed. In general, it slows down a bit, there is such a thing, but it is quite possible to use, so anyway, thank you very much.

NoIdea @ 02/14/2012, 03:24*
Who can write how it works on N9?

In principle, normal. Only I would remove the menu. You don’t need it on such a small screen. Plus would add portrait mode. Really lacking. The rest I like. Better than I thought about the program before downloading. :) And it would also be nice to immediately throw a map of St. Petersburg there (other Russian cities have a poorly developed scheme, and it is unlikely that a separate application is needed there). It is hardly difficult and voluminous. Or I'm wrong?

NoIdea @ 02/14/2012, 03:24*
Under Maemo, it hasn’t gone anywhere, but under Harmattan it’s still very damp ...

Nothing more to use. :)

Liho-odnoglazoe
Yandex has no station diagrams and station information ...

And in the version for n9 this is not? It's a pity.

There is also a version under n9, but I think it will be difficult to do with such brakes: rolleyes:
It is necessary to call the context menu with a long tap on the station and select the corresponding menu item in it.
By the way, this is also not a clear moment - under the emulator, a context menu call is accompanied by black screen flickers, but maybe this is just a feature of the terribly slow emulator.

Regarding improvements:
Rotating the screen is really a significant flaw, but I think it's better to leave the menu in window mode, and use full-screen mode in normal mode. In the settings, you can activate full screen mode.
I consider the additional cards in the package to be inappropriate, even Moscow is there only insofar as you need to be able to test the program on something else. Downloaded maps can be uploaded to the Data / qMetro / map directory directly in the zip - so I think adding a map will not be difficult.
I hope the new version will have fewer brakes, I'm not sure but maybe the brakes are still associated with a non-native interface - you need to rewrite it, but it breaks: rolleyes:

NoIdea @ 02.15.2012, 01:23*
There is a version under n9, but I think it will be difficult to do with such brakes. You need to call the context menu with a long tap on the station and select the corresponding menu item in it.

ABOUT! Indeed there is! Works. :)

By the way, it seems to me that you are exaggerating the degree of inhibition of the program. I don’t know how to record a video, because I can’t help. And can you make a record in the emulator so that you can compare it with real speed? There are more problems with sensitivity to clicking on the screen. It reacts very strangely sometimes and it is very difficult to hit the exact element with the finger. Until you enlarge the map to a large fig size you will call up the same info on the station.

under the emulator, a context menu call is accompanied by black screen flickers

There's no such thing. There is another problem. It is unclear how it works. It seems to have pressed (long tap), but nothing happens. Once pressed, two pressed. Nothing. And then he pressed again and he immediately gives the info about the station without showing the menu. And after clicking, if you try to move the card, it can work right away, but it can stupid for a while.

Rotating the screen is really a significant flaw

If you are going to do it, please make it possible to choose portrait / landscape orientation without auto-rotation. Like many, this automation infuriates me. :) But at the same time portrait mode is very necessary.

but I think it's better to leave the menu in window mode

A button with a pop-up menu with all the necessary items is not? Again, I don’t know how it looks in the emulator, but I have a blank space at the top of the menu and at the bottom, just a panel with no elements. A lot of space on the screen eats up.

Full screen mode is good, but it has one problem, it hides everything. Wh, and the top panel with notifications. And this is wrong.

native interface

Is kuti not native to n9?

Post has been editedLiho-odnoglazoe - 15.02.12, 22:00

And can you make a record in the emulator so that you can compare it with real speed?

The emulator is terribly slow, there’s nothing to even compare. I have to compare with the menu brakes and birds :)

There are more problems with sensitivity to clicking on the screen.

I noticed this and have already taken action. The problem is that it is difficult to make a tap and not move the map;) so I added a power reserve.

Again, I don’t know how it looks in the emulator, but I have a blank space at the top of the menu and at the bottom, just a panel with no elements. A lot of space on the screen eats up.

The same thing in the emulator and I'm not sure that you can get rid of this panel ...

Is kuti not native to n9?

Qt is native, but they did not stylize widgets for Harmattan, as they did for Maemo, Symbian and other platforms.
They left them in linux-style, and to create a native interface, you need to rewrite the interface in QML using Harmattan Components.
Rotating the screen and much more was also left on QML ... you can rotate it manually, but something does not work.
I’ll try to forward it in QML, then the menu can be funnier native ...

I am applying a slightly modified version, I hope I haven’t messed it up anywhere: rolleyes:

Attached fileqmetro_0.5.3_1_armel.deb(851.12 KB)

NoIdea @ 02.16.2012, 02:13*
I put a slightly modified version, I hope I haven’t messed up anywhere

I haven’t tested it in detail, but it’s also difficult to select the information for the station. :( Maybe its just a list easier to implement through the menu?

Again, I'll try in more detail tomorrow, but I type in the search text, click "carriage transfer" and the program closes.

Posted on 02/16/2012, 11:53 PM:

NoIdea @ 02.16.2012, 02:13*
They left them in linux-style, and to create a native interface, you need to rewrite the interface in QML using Harmattan Components.

I'm not a programmer, but even I want to swear at such a cross-platform.

Also, are you from Moscow at all? I can treat you with beer and show how it actually looks on n9. :) I understand that you have current n900, no?

Post has been editedLiho-odnoglazoe - 16.02.12, 23:57

Liho-odnoglazoe @ 02.17.2012, 00:53*
I type in the search text, click "carriage transfer" and the program closes.

What a terrible thing, is it like that for everyone? Maybe due to the fact that the input field is not native? ...
In the emulator, the keyboard generally appears reluctantly, and then VERY slows down - I pressed one key and wait three seconds before the reaction :)
In general, the conditions for development for this platform are not very favorable in my case ...
We need to shovel everything ...

Hooddy @ 02.17.2012, 08:18*
I will not criticize how much in vain. I am glad that there is such a metro. Objectively - I would like a face close to Yandex metro, it’s also the Metro for iPhone. Nevertheless, I use it. Thank you for continuing to finish.

Criticism is also very important, just don’t need criticism like - “Shit.”, If you really started to criticize, then the criticism should be objective. It will not be amiss to add suggestions and your own vision of implementation.
The interface is like Yandex ... dreaming is certainly not harmful, it’s rather the other way around, but so far it’s still far.
Now you need to achieve sufficient performance, catch all the accumulated jambs and implement at least the minimally conceived functionality.
In general, the project was rather a curriculum and it was interesting to cover as many platforms as possible, so it’s good that at least it works ... by the way, it runs faster under Android, but it’s also not native.

P.S.>Do you consider the functionality and usability insufficient, and feel that you could do better ?! - Wellcome, the GPL project is all in your power! ;): D

Rep: (52)
NoIdea,
Thank you for your work! I can’t evaluate, unfortunately, but I wanted to ask N9 to choose a black background :)

Pocket Paul @ 02/18/2012, 12:35*
Thank you for your work! I can’t evaluate, unfortunately, but I wanted to ask N9 the opportunity to choose a black background
: D

Yes, even purple! It’s necessary to look into the settings sometimes ...
True, this trick is not suitable for all cards, and on schemes this feature is disabled in advance.
There is also a small jamb with transitions, they change their color only after restart ...

The current version does not functionally differ from the version under Fremantle.
Now I’m just combing everything that I’ve picked up ... I’ve improved performance a bit and caught bugs - I can’t notice all the internal changes with the naked eye.

But outwardly under the N900 it looks much better, and there are suspicions that it runs faster.
Of course, it is interesting to compare them in hardcore, full-vector mode (with disabled caching in the raster)} -)

Post has been editedNoidea - 18.02.12, 17:35

NoIdea @ 02/18/2012, 00:02*
Do you consider the functionality and usability insufficient, and feel that you could do better ?! - Wellcome, the GPL project is all in your power!

Yes, for example, as a lawyer, it will be easy for me to get involved in the development. :) I once tried to learn the basics of ce-ne-ne, but that was a long time ago, already about 10 years ago.

And so, I do not care about beauty. Performance is quite fine. By the choice of information at the station almost got used to. What is missing is a full-screen mode that would not overlap the top panel and portrait mode. Hope to be implemented. In any case, many thanks for the work. :)

By the way, compared with the Yandex metro, there is still a very convenient feature, in which if you select a station, then it immediately shows the travel time to all other stations without choosing the final route. So to be honest, Yandex, taking this into account, and also taking into account the lack of information at the stations, is worse. Yes, on the Dell Streak bucket, Yandex looks prettier, the card moves smoothly, rather than in small jerks. But overall, the functionality is worse.

ZYZh disabled caching in the raster. And to be honest, I somehow did not notice the changes. :)

Liho-odnoglazoe @ 02/19/2012, 18:23*
Yes, for example, as a lawyer, it will be easy for me to get involved in development. I once tried to learn the basics of how-to-pe-pe, but that was a long time ago, already about 10 years ago.

To participate in such a GPL-project is not necessary to be able to program.
And everyone can bring something: design, translation, and someone just gives coffee :)
Testing, reporting bugs and wishes is also participation, so you can say that you are already participating! Well, then who knows, maybe the project will need a consultation with a lawyer: lol:

Liho-odnoglazoe @ 02.19.2012, 18:31*
By the way, compared with the Yandex metro, there is still a very convenient feature, in which if you select a station, then it immediately shows the travel time to all other stations without choosing the final route. So to be honest, Yandex, taking this into account, and also taking into account the lack of information at the stations, is worse.

I'm glad that I noticed the pluses: D
It may be that Yandex considers this to be redundant, overloaded with functionality, but I myself am a supporter of precisely expanded functionality and there were even more plans ...
I would also like to mention a rather convenient search - you are looking for two stations in a row and the route between them is automatically calculated. True, on-screen keyboard is not so convenient ...

Yes, on the Dell Streak bucket, Yandex looks prettier, the card moves smoothly, rather than in small jerks.

In the last build, even with caching, is it still jerking? Under the N900 it's pretty smooth ...
And at the expense of prettier ... maybe it’s worth doing something like skins - a custom style and icons of the main controls. By the way, the style can be changed now in the configuration file - manually :)

ZYZh disabled caching in the raster. And to be honest, I somehow did not notice the changes.

The changes are primarily visual - vector graphics, without pixels and blurring with zoom.
But also, this tends to affect performance for the worse.
Vector mode can be calibrated - there are a number of settings for this ...

In general, with the settings and other things, it’s more convenient to mess around in the original desktop version.

Post has been editedNoidea - 19.02.12, 19:13

NoIdea @ 02.19.2012, 18:53*
In the last build, even with caching, is it still jerking? Under the N900 it's pretty smooth ...

Yes, no, also pretty smooth. But compared to the bucket and the Yandex metro, it still seems a little slower and a little jerky.

NoIdea @ 02.19.2012, 18:53*
And at the expense of prettier ... maybe it’s worth doing something like skins - a custom style and icons of the main controls. By the way, the style can be changed now in the configuration file - manually

About prettier. The most important impression, it seems to me, is fonts. They, as they like to speak in the ENT, are the reference SH. Is this a font or picture? In addition, the articulation of the name of the station with a branch looks rather crooked. If we take the Yandex version, then there is the name of the station on a translucent background, which does not stand out as a white background.

In general, with the settings and other things, it’s more convenient to mess around in the original desktop version.

Fiddling with the settings is to edit the configs in vim? Tady yes, it's hard to imagine on N9 :)

Liho-odnoglazoe @ 02/19/2012, 10:38 PM*
About prettier. The most important impression, it seems to me, is fonts. They, as they like to speak in the ENT, are the reference SH. Is this a font or picture? In addition, the articulation of the name of the station with a branch looks rather crooked. If we take the Yandex version, then there is the name of the station on a translucent background, which does not stand out as a white background.

I don’t speak Lorish ... If I mean the fonts for the names of the stations, they are configured like the background, the shadow ... you can’t do a translucent background for the names of the stations, but on the original metro map in the subway there is just such a white background.

Liho-odnoglazoe @ 02/19/2012, 10:38 PM*
Fiddling with the settings is to edit the configs in vim? Tady yes, it's hard to imagine on N9

It is better to see the desktop version and how the settings are implemented there - the reasons will immediately become clear.
In the notebook there is also something to dig into, for example, you can set the parameter mobile = 1 and customize the styles of controls ...

Rep: (21)
Dear, how to fasten the program icon in n9 style? And then on the desktop everything is round, one square subway, a mess, however)))

Dear, how to fasten the program icon in n9 style? And then on the desktop everything is round, one square subway, a mess, however)))

I think there are two options. The first is to ask the developer, who sometimes happens in this thread, to do this. Due to the fact that the program is not only on n9, but also on n900, nafih he probably does not need it. The second is to change the icons yourself. Judging by the contents of the deb-file, they are located in / usr / share / icons / hicolor in the subdirectories ./64x64/apps, ./80x80/apps and ./scalable/apps. Probably you can change the debfile. And the third is to score and not pay attention. :)

Posted on 03/16/2012, 00:17:

By the way, to the author. For some reason, I stopped showing when choosing one station Old how much to go to all the others. Version 0.5.3-1.

: D
It seems really worth making this rounded icon ... now on the simba too, everything is rounded ...
Only here on the desktop, such glamor will most likely be redundant ...: rolleyes: after all, they’ll come up with all the icons to round off ...
They had to make a system function - apply a mask to all the icons,sheddingrounding out all the disagreeable

Liho-odnoglazoe @ 03/16/2012, 01:17*
And the third is to score and not pay attention.

Nah, you shouldn’t score - you should pay attention on the contrary;) so much attention and everything to my unfinished program! : D;)

Liho-odnoglazoe @ 03/16/2012, 01:17*
By the way, to the author. For some reason, I stopped showing when choosing one station Old how much to go to all the others. Version 0.5.3-1.

Look into the settings, this is either "cache in raster" is active, or the corresponding checkmark is unchecked (show time to stations).
But keep in mind that all these digits are to the detriment of the speed of scrolling the map ...

And I have a question: if I do not like the proposed route, how can I choose another? I do not stick.

Yeah ... it's a bummer, but such functionality has not yet been laid: rolleyes:
And version 0.5.3 hints at this;)

Now I am lazy ... especially under the harmattan, which is the only one that requires the presence of a QML interface, and without it the screen does not even rotate ...
The other day I did a small update ... but under the harmattan, collecting the new version is not a requisite main cant even feel ashamed somehow: rolleyes:

Post has been editedNoidea - 16.03.12, 01:38

Rep: (21)
NoIdea @ 03/16/2012, 02:36 AM*
so much attention and everything to my unfinished program!
You do not justify your nickname;) be sure to try to find the opportunity to continue what you started))
NoIdea @ 03/16/2012, 02:36 AM*
Today I am lazy ... especially under the harmonica
But this, my friend, you should not ... The automatic screen and the round icon remain open, and the path to the store is open: it doesn’t ask and brings the euro per person, especially since you will be the first with the metro there ... Personally, I will buy for sure.
Good luck!

You do not justify your nickname

This is the irony ...: D

Thank you very much for your kind words and support! : D
Honestly, I already thought about the store ... and even more than that - today is the first day of sales under the Symbian! : lol:
I started with a symbian for obvious reasons ... so far only a paid, and simplified version :) I wonder how it goes ...
Of course, I myself am not fully satisfied with the current quality, but without proper motivation the project will hardly crawl.
Now it’s more fun - at least some movement has begun :)
In general, I planned to make two versions: simple free and extended paid, but nobody canceled marketing;)
Harmattan is next in line, but it’s more difficult for him - I’ll understand ...

So the current laziness can be said quite deserved - release: dancer:

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/10/19, 20:39