IPS vs AMOLED | Dispelling the myth

Rep: (161)
Sumashedshii @ 15.01.2012, 23:33*
In the IPS and 60 pixels per second switching not time.

Eem, did 50 switches can be under 20ms
NIF-NIF @ 15-01-2012, 23:14*
Blah, it's just PPC. Frequency sweep-term technology from CRT
What kind of shit you have in mind electron beam is controlled by magnets, ran in rows and reverses the image.

You do it, humor, well, do not you understand? And you also have sort of downtrodden ignored.I mean, even in different themes people behave differently, but in one

Rep: (2441)
Sumashedshii @ 15.01.2012, 19:14*
And what joy in CellPhones will cost the same as a template for that in professional monitors for 30,000?
What prevents this? professional need 220V?

Rep: (211)
kara puz @ 16.01.2012, 01:49*
What prevents this?

The size and cost. You really think that the quality displeychike size of 4 inches, and cost less than $ 100 will be the same as a large monitor worth 1000?

Rep: (46)
Lord, to intervene in the "meat grinder" with the issue. Is the new Taba will burn out pixels in 1-2 years? I do not gig, and the desire to change the gadget through a year or two I have.

P.S. I'm thinking about buying a tablet with 7.7 -tab SAMOLED plus or wait for ASUS Memo with IPS.
transmitting the truth of colors not particularly worried, but the life of the screen, yes. On the day of the screen will be used ~ 6 hours (mainly in komandirovkah- read books and films, in addition to calls and neta).

Sincerely.

Rep: (118)
7Opp7 @ 16.01.2012, 16:45*
Is the new Taba will burn out pixels in 1-2 years?

This is why all of a sudden? Did I miss something? : Blink:

7Opp7 @ 16.01.2012, 14:45*
On the day of the screen will be used ~ 6 hours (mainly in komandirovkah- read books and films, in addition to calls and neta).

2 years- it at 12 hours. In general, the pixels in two yearswill start burn. You simply do not notice at first. all 4 years it is released when your mode.

frag @ 16.01.2012, 16:57*
This is why all of a sudden? Did I miss something?

It says that the OLED display are less durable. But business will last enough, otherwise they would not have released.

Post has been editedSumashedshii - 16.01.12, 16:44

Rep: (15)
At least as long as there is an experience amoled screens in the nexus one and htc desire, as long as phones in more than operational, and life was quite noticeable

Rep: (26)
Here was a heated debate about the gamut (CO). I always thought that if the CO real screen smaller than the standard triangle in any part of the (Apple Iphone), then the colors he reproduce simply can not, and if the real scope of the triangle is completely absorbed standard and made for him (Gugle Nexus One) some colors are obtained oversaturated, which, however, is easily amenable to calibration.
Maybe I misunderstand? Correct, if that.

Post has been editedIskander.nsk - 17.01.12, 05:57

Rep: (17)
In general terms, this is the case.
Little add, black triangle (sRGB) standard only in the sense that it is one of the standards, the most basic and shabby (and not the mythical "reference range": D), and only the image will be properly reproduced, obtained with the use of this standard. Here is a small example of sRGB and AdobeRGB differences, and what happens when you try to play on the device sRGB file with a much greater COhttp://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond1h/page17.asp(Section colorspace).

Post has been editednif-nif - 17.01.12, 15:26

In general, the ideal triangle is to capture all the colors, that is, all of this blot.

Rep: (88)
I can finally lay not idle talk, and additional tests AMOLEDhttp://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Samsun...ID.68814.0.htmlLook. Contrast is really very high, because Black 0.01 cd / mВі. As a result, 32,800: 1 - very good. Brightness on the average of 344.3 cd / m - less than good IPS, but also good. Note In all better than the vaunted SGS2 with Super AMOLED +. In SGS2 pixel density of 217, and in Note 285 pixels per inch. Good display. But the brightness does not reach the IPS. Not bad, not much inferior IPS, and transmits color.
Part colors. Well do not want to believe the tests for 2 p., Where clearly visible in the pictures color distortion that any software or settings are not correct. Take SGS2, as already advised in the store, and take a picture of an object near the bright blue, green or red. Bring to SGS2 subject to the photo on the screen. Color is so obviously at odds with the original, you have to be color-blind to not notice. In the Note, by the way, a little bit better with flowers than SGS2. Samsung can realize the mistake and did not "lift up" on it so the colors?

NIF-NIF, your knowledge of technology wants to be better ... Scan is on all LCD. On my home 3D LED TV - 200Hz. A Note on she 58Hz. Even a little lower than in the conventional IPS.

Sumashedshii, You are confusing dynamic contrast with the usual. Dynamic, as already stated above, is easily measured by the millions. For example, my LCD TV produces 8 million: 1. And it's not much. When I am buying, compared with models with 10,000,000: 1. This gives now the LCD TV without any organic crystals. But these millions - dynamic contrast.

Post has been editedVitFom - 22.01.12, 20:20

VitFom @ 17.01.2012, 20:35*
because Black 0.01 cd / mВі

Where they found such great numbers? A spotlight and catch the reflected light?

Brightness on the average of 344.3 cd / m - less than good IPS, but also good.

I have myself SGS2 brightness set to 25%, enough.

Note In all better than the vaunted SGS2 with Super AMOLED.

First would materiel studied. The Note SUPERAMOLED, in SGS2 SuperAMOLED+

Sumashedshii, You are confusing dynamic contrast with the usual.

Anything I do not confuse. My methods are just a standard contrast. Dinamicheskaya- when it measures the first white image, then black, but when displaying black color is muted lights on the display, and black is black. In life, the dynamic contrast ratio is practically not working.
And yes, in view of the fact that the lights on the AMOLED not as a class, on it there can be no dynamic contrast.

Rep: (87)
Take SGS2, as already advised in the store, and take a picture of an object near the bright blue, green or red. Bring to SGS2 subject to the photo on the screen.
Compare the color in the real world with the colors in the pictures made far SLR is certainly strong. Also in that article as a test pattern used a picture with four squares, but it will look almost the same on all phones, not like there.

Rep: (17)
Sumashedshii
Che there, clowns all the wiring? I certainly understand that when the note has no money, and really want it, then green grapes В©: D

Post has been editednif-nif - 17.01.12, 20:56

NIF-NIF @ 16-01-2012, 22:28*
Little add, black triangle (the sRGB) standard only in the sense that it is one of the standards, the most basic and shabby (and not the mythical "reference range"), and only the image will be reproduced correctly obtained using this standard

Let's start with the fact that once this standard should like Android ... and everything
NIF-NIF @ 16-01-2012, 22:28*
Here is a small example of sRGB and AdobeRGB differences, and what happens when you try to play on the device sRGB file with a much greater COhttp://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond1h/page17.asp(Section colorspace).

There is no such comparison. There comes a description of advantages as compared AdobeRGB and all
Sumashedshii @ 17.01.2012, 16:54*
In general, the ideal triangle is to capture all the colors, that is, all of this blot.

GamutRGB. Yes. The problem is how to display it ... It's necessary to copy all the OS under it to start ...
nif-nif
Tell me ... what good is a wide coverage GAMUT AMOLEDom when images ANDROID findings in 24-bit color?

Rep: (88)
Sumashedshii, you are very similar in logic to the NIF-NIF, which the LCD is not scanning. Dynamic contrast ratio is not related to modern technologies for disabling panel LCD LED entirely in black, which is no different from nesvecheniya crystals in AMOLED. Bit lekbeza:
"Dynamic contrast ratio is the number of bright white dots in the scene or image in comparison with the dark black. When a dark image is displayed on the screen, the backlight shine weaker. This improves the transfer of dark areas in the LCD panel. Brightness is measured in candelas per square meter (cd / m2). Thus, the larger the value, the brighter the image on the screen. "
And now there is the studied contrast:
"Display Characteristics, which is defined as the ratio of the luminance of the brightest color, that is white, to the darkest color that is black that the display can display is called contrast ratio. This definition applies to all displays, whether the LCD screen or CRT picture tube. " -http://myhdplayer.ru/chto-takoe-dinamiches...ntrastnost.html

Thus AMOLED has a scan, and both types of contrast.

In addition, I understand perfectly that there Pentile in Super Amoled. But I would ask my groundless aponenta look again in tests on the 2nd page. Bah! A gamut of already perezhovannym triangles sSGB matches in Super Amoled Plus and Super Amoled. And then are already marketing the chips. On SGS2 distorted, with his color, like in SGS1, and in Note no, but it is also to IPS in the iPad2 does not hold. And do not be idle talk - you want to prove Amoled advantages bring graphics tests, numbers. Incidentally, the mere assertion of the superiority of some PR Contrast thousands of times already can be attributed either to stupidity or to the advertising relationship.

If anyone make Adreno and PowerVR or Mali or show Tegra Android system in AdobeRGB, or at least to reach AMOLED RGB - a monument put. Until then - all this coverage is not needed. As on SGS2 separate (!) Co-processor for processing and display photos + screen dozens of profiles for applications ...

VitFom @ 17.01.2012, 23:04*
Dynamic contrast ratio is not related to modern technologies for disabling panel LCD LED entirely in black,

And then the quote:

When a dark image is displayed on the screen,backlight shine weaker

?? You are your own in a single message contradictions. About the trip I did not say.
Farther.

Thus AMOLED has a scan, and both types of contrast.

How Makarov amolede can do "backlight shines less"? They are not here. As well as dynamic contrast. It is physically impossible. Nor nuzhna- in amoledah beautiful fair contrast 32800: 1 IPS none even close to its 1000: 1 is not lying.

Burd! K @ 17.01.2012, 23:15*
dozens of screen profiles for applications ...

Less. there is a separate camera, three user. Look like that's it. While it may still have.

Sumashedshii @ 17.01.2012, 22:26*
Less. there is a separate camera, three user. Look like that's it. While it may still have.

In the subject, the investigation on the XDA described in more detail, there is given the location of these profiles in the section and why even painted in 888 turns banding and why fotochki and everywhere it is not noticeable

Burd! K @ 17.01.2012, 23:58*
In the subject, the investigation on the XDA described in more detail, there is given the location of these profiles in the section and why even painted in 888 turns banding and why fotochki and everywhere it is not noticeable

Give a link to read?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 01/05/20, 19:45