SSD Flash Drives | selection and discussion, OS optimization issues
Poll
Do you have an SSD?
there is [ 1846 ] ** [73,6%]
Not [ 214 ] ** [8,53%]
Was [ 28 ] ** [1,12%]
Dream of him [ 408 ] ** [16,27%]
I consider not necessary [ 7 ] ** [0,28%]
How much do you think is optimal (update statistics)
60-100gb [ 72 ] ** [2,87%]
120-128GB [ 623 ] ** [24,84%]
240-250GB [ 1154 ] ** [46,01%]
512GB or more [ 425 ] ** [16,95%]
The bigger, the better [ 232 ] ** [9,25%]
Total votes: 2508

Rep: (2728)
x
Discussion and selection of SSD drive
Attached Image

Attention!

Huge base of SSD reviews
Information required to select SSD
    To select SSD you need to know:
  • Motherboard and processor model
  • Desired Drive Size
  • Desired Drive Form Factor
  • Purchase budget
  • The operating system to be installed on the SSD
  • Shop \ city for orientation in prices and assortment

useful links
Topics on the choice of components
Test flash memory SSD program H2testw
H2testw- a tool for the detection of faulty memory cells of removable data storage module, which has become the standard for verification of the real volume USB-flash drives and SD-card. Is also used to check the broken sectors on the hard drive, but with a twist, which is told below. Test flash drives or HDD can be carried out in an environment of any modern operating system from the software giant.
Instructions and description of the program H2testw
H2testw - it is a small but very useful program to test the 'quality' and speed characteristics of any type of flash drives. H2testw essence of the program of work is to ensure that she is able to write a test file to Your flash drive, and then read it. At the same time recorded writing and reading with this drive. In addition, if in the process of writing or reading data loss is detected or an error, the program will notify you about it. This utility can provide information about what is the volume of the test drive, how much MB is damaged and how much is in working condition. About the algorithm work, I write below, as well as give transcript to the test results.

How to work with the English version of the program:
Download the archive and run the h2testw.exe file, then select the language “English” (or “Russian” if you downloaded the Russian version, but more about it later).
Next, select the test drive “Select target” and go to the “Data volume” item.
Here we select “all available space” - in order to test the entire drive in whole or “endless veryfy” and indicate the size of the recorded file in order to test the drive partially.
Then press “Write + Verify” to start the test of writing and reading, and if the flash drive has already been tested and there is a file, only “Verify” will be lit, which will perform the read operation and verify the integrity of the previously recorded file.
Next, an information window appears, in which we see general information about how to test the drive. We are shown the average write / read speed, the time until the end of the operation, and the overall progress bar.
At the end of the operation, we can get the following results:
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files * .h2w or verify again.
Writing speed: 5.05 MByte / s
Reading speed: 11.4 MByte / s
H2testw v1.4
This result indicates that the test was successful. The average write speed to disk = 5.05 MByte / s, average read speed = 11.4 MByte / s.

Bad test result:
The media is likely to be defective.
1.8 GByte OK (3954734 sectors)
5.8 GByte DATA LOST (12240850 sectors)
Details: 2.9 GByte overwritten (6240208 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (2.8 GByte corrupted (6000642 sectors)
8 KByte aliased memory (16 sectors)
First error at offset: 0? 0000000000003830
Expected: 0? 358d089906064530
Found: 0? 158d089906064530
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 2.53 MByte / s
Reading speed: 6.51 MByte / s
H2testw v1.4
Now we see that when testing a drive with a capacity of 8 GB, errors were found, of which only 1.8 GB is available for normal recording (1.8 GByte OK), and the remaining 5.8 GB (5.8 GByte DATA LOST) cannot be used, since memory is corrupted. The average speed for this storage medium = 2.53 MByte / s, the average read speed = 6.51 MByte / s

Another bad test result:
The media is likely to be defective.
0 KByte OK (0 sectors)
3.8 GByte DATA LOST (8030208 sectors)
Details: 327.7 MByte overwritten (671296 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (<8 bit / sector, 0 sectors)
3.5 GByte corrupted (7358912 sectors)
327.7 MByte aliased memory (671296 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x0000000000000000
Expected: 0x0000000000000000
Found: 0x000000000ffff000
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 3.19 MByte / s
Reading speed: 0.99 MByte / s
H2testw v1.4
In this test result, it is written that this flash drive is not suitable for use, since it has an O KB of “living space” (0 KByte OK (0 sectors)) from a volume of 3.8 Gb.

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 24.01.20, 17:20
Reason for editing: SSD controller firmware Experience

Rep: (410)
* lion77815, which was no longer learn, and what moved you can see in the screenshot Kingston SSD Manager

Rep: (16)
g-sense @ 04.05.19, 18:52*
Often, all that is below 100 quickly dies. Those. if fell to 99, you can start worrying.

Just do not have to wreak havoc! ;) If for any reason to worry, that he "fins stick together" soon: lol: There are no confirmed data about it is not and can not be, but just blurt out, to score his head invented people you problems is not entirely correct. And saw 91% and 86% and even 73%, it works and is not going to die. Although modern crafts may not cause such a feeling of confidence in the "future", then I will not say anything. But the "old guard" in the planar MLC just works, God bless her ...: lol:

Rep: (193)
* mikejazz
I do not argue, anything can happen.
Of course, I did not carry out research. But I do not just read that the error on the disks do not appear in regular intervals during use, and cascaded.

Rep: (1553)
g-sense @ 05.05.19, 21:52*
But do not just read that the errors on the disc ....

And what have your "mistakes" if SMART SSD shows the percentage of the projected remaining working capacity (according to the manufacturer's algorithm)? How does this relate to the "error"? : Spiteful:

* rusigor
I am thinking they are correlated. Yes, this is my puncture.
I admit my mistake.

Rep: (60)
velld @ 05.05.19, 09:53*
but probably it is necessary to update the firmware ...

With this need to be careful.
I bought a weekend TR200. put. let the program updated. And ............. 30 minutes of the new SSD and it's gone anywhere. While loop is not racked in another Satu not earned. For the second time successfully passed all))

Rep: (364)
* crimes , I have the same. And I have not updated the firmware and: D

Rep: (-1)
Hello, I bought Crucial bx500 at discounted rates for cheap, copied everything from the old SSD (Goodram) operating system and a couple of programs, a new via Akronisa set screw and the system has become very dull work. First sometimes there are long working update became arbitrary, secondly downloaded the software Krutsiala you to watch Old and renovation, as a result now generally does not enter into it. Works in 3 Sata AHCI, it can be? Old was not like this, everything worked fine with no complaints

Rep: (410)
* crimes , Well, the cord probably not very good ...

Rep: (0)
Zdravstvyte. Please help. SSD Kingston Drive 120 GB A400. After a failed disk formatting gone ostensibly in defense, gives SATAFIRM S11 SBFKB1W1. tried sohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVqKhGdxZb0But after reboot no change. In Disk Manager is defined and is operating normally, but not initsializiretsya, an error. Kingston manager does not see and does not provide, respectively, to roll firmware.

There are assumptions that do may experience was that?

Post has been editedSkynet) NK - 06.05.19, 20:39

Rep: (58)
Gagatoo @ 6.05.19, 17:37*
Works in 3 Sata AHCI
I apologize for the stupid newbie question, and to work with all SSD Sata should be translated in AHCI mode? I have (had) GOODRAM, I had to translate in this mode, so as not to podvisal. (But a month later he still died). So this rule applies to all drives?

Rep: (99)
domrach04 @ 6.05.19, 20:50*
to work with all SSD Sata should be translated in AHCI mode?

I have one of bx500 stands in the old computer, there is no actual AHCI. Works without any locked up.

Rep: (60)
velld @ 06.05.19, 18:44*
Well, the cord probably not very good ...

Probably))) But the second time came firmware.

Posted on 06/05/2019, 22:58:

bator @ 06.05.19, 21:27*
I have one of bx500 stands in the old computer, there is no actual AHCI. Works without any locked up.

As far as I remember, it's hot-swappable SSD as it is connected with the work? interesting....

Rep: (58)
crimes @ 7.05.19, 0:56*
how it relates to the work? interesting....
Nevertheless, this mode has helped, or even a windsurfing set receives only the third time (SSD hanging in a randomly places and the installation had to be interrupted). And I take advice from this branch, and, oddly enough ...

Rep: (210)
g-sense @ 04.05.19, 18:52*
Often, all that is below 100 quickly dies. Those. if fell to 99, you can start worrying.

The Samsung I had a couple of days, usually 99%. :) In my particular it is possible not to admire. They live for years.

* du5t
I have corrected. Looking at all? the percentage of health is a fairly approximate and does not include units that fail.

Post has been editedg-sense - 07.05.19, 13:13

Rep: (18)
du5t @ 07.05.19, 08:25*
The Samsung I had a couple of days, usually 99%. :) In my particular it is possible not to admire. They live for years.

It is interesting to see the screen of the SSD Samsung S.M.A.R.T.'a health 99% within a few days of use.
I'm more than a dozen 250 GB 860 EVO set, watching them for six months, but I have not met with instances of such behavior now.
Put the screen S.M.A.R.T.-parameters of any bend.
Together we analyze.

Post has been editedsmel - 07.05.19, 10:48
Reason for editing: Corrected spelling

* smel,
Nothing there will not be suspicious in SMART.

840Evo and two 120GB 850Evo on my tiknuli 99 percent in the first week. SMART can throw in the evening, five-840Pro 128GB with the remainder of ~ 85% and fresher 850Evo are now home computer, and the rest are sold along with the rest of iron. Everything is absolutely alive and to die is not gather.

If I'm not mistaken, 99% were fast and Corsair XT960, was not asked to monitor wear.

Post has been editeddu5t - 07.05.19, 12:08

Rep: (18)
du5t @ 07.05.19, 12:01*
840Evo and two 120GB 850Evo on my tiknuli 99 percent in the first week. SMART can throw in the evening, five-840Pro 128GB with the remainder of ~ 85% and fresher 850Evo are now home computer, and the rest are sold along with the rest of iron. Everything is absolutely alive and to die is not gather.

Throw yourself.
It is interesting to look at.

* smel,
No problem. Evening.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 15/04/20, 12:49