[offline]

Topics Curator
Group: Developers
Messages 8148
Check in: 23.09.08
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C

PUMa � download

(Patch Utility Manager)

The program for PC-compatible computers is designed to install the most universal patches in applets / Samsung firmware libraries. It supports work with both coded and deodexed components of most firmwares of I9100 / I91 **, I9300, I9500, G850, G900 *, G920 * / G925 *, G928 *, G930 * / G935 *, N7000, N7100, N900 * devices , N910 *, N920 *, I9001, I9250 (Galaxy NEXUS), I8150, P5100 / 5110, T310 / 311. Some patches are likely to be installed on other Android-based communicators. Work with external patches is supported (for a description of the format and working with them, see the PUMa_extpatch.txt file). Optionally added the ability to download external data from the Internet. Download information is stored in the dllink.bin archive file. The following types of downloads are available:
• Modem FW (modem firmware)
• Dump FW (dumps of stock firmware (aka the contents of the system folder))
• Dump Content (the contents of the firmware dump, divided into parts according to certain categories)
• Camera (camera firmware)
• Firmware (general firmware of devices)
• Program (software and utilities)

Attention !!Due to the fact that some anti-virus programs (Norton360, NOD32, Avast) have a somewhat paranoid virus detection algorithm, they "find the virus" in PUMa.exe. This is a lie, because the program is simply packed with an exe-packer to save space. Place the PUMa.exe file in Antivirus Exceptions so that it does not annoy you anymore. Also below is the MD5-hash of the PUMa.exe file, according to which you can verify its correctness when getting from any sources

In-program patches (updated table .. table with old devices / AOC isin the second postTopics). The list of external patches supported by the program is given below.
Attached Image

>Work with the program<
>>Work with patches in the program and after in the device (READ MANDATORY !!) <<
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those who have their first day on Android and want to use the products of this program, I explain that the program patches the applets / libraries. After application, the patched files are copied to the machine over old files. In order to copy the patched files from the computer to the machine in the system folder (/ system / *)are neededroot-rights (Root). If you do not have a root (for reasons that are clear and understandable only for you) - please study the FAQs and Helping Newbies to find out what it is and how to get it, or use alternative methods.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0) in order to exclude cases of non-detection of components to which patches are applied, it is desirable to place the program in a folder without spaces and in Latin
1) before running the program in the folder "In "Put the files to which you will need to apply the patch / s. To find out which files are modified by a patch, select the patch in the program and in the" Required files from the device "field we can see the file / s needed to install the patch ( these files / s can be taken directly from the device or from the dump of your firmware - the menu "Required files" ... dumps of the main firmware, see the second post of the topic). In case the program is already running and the necessary file has not been placed initially in the folder "In", it can be added to the created, in the current session, folder "out"
2) in the program we indicate the type of the device, the version of the Android OS, the class of the patch, in the right part select the necessary patch and click the Apply button. In case of installing an unnecessary patch, it will be necessary to shut down and restart the program, indicating only the necessary patches.
3) at the end of the program, the modified components can be taken from the folder "Out ". Also, after applying patches, the program may specify the creation of an update with modified components (not for all devices), for firmware via ClockWorkMode / Recovery<3e>(updates for stock recovery work on stock_recovery not for all devices, but are suitable for all under CWM)
4) the obtained patched files can be applied to the firmware either manually, by copying over the old files (with their preliminary backup) to the device, or using the created update_archive for ClockWorkMode / Recovery<3e>
5) in the case of patches of files from the framework, lib folders -Be sure to set the correct rights to replaced files. (you can see the rights of nearby files, most likely it is 644 (rw-rr--)), from the app and priv-app folder it is desirable.

ATTENTION!! Patches like "DEX" for firmware 5. * apply ONLY TO DEODEXED FILES !! After replacing the stock apk-file with a patched one, BEFORE rebooting the device, it is NECESSARY to delete the ARM folder located in the applet folder next to the apk-file.

When working with a patch, the program, if possible, informs about the state of the applet / library being processed as follows:
  • Installed- patch applied
  • Present- the patch is already installed in the object
  • Impossible- the patch cannot be applied to this object
  • Partially installed- some patch options are installed
  • Mismatch- the firmware version of the object does not match the installed device type / AOS patch

>>Various nuances of the work of PUMA and the patches applied to it<<
Problem:I have firmware 4.1.1 and now I cannot get the necessary files from the device through the program
Decision :PUMa (Patch Utility Manager) (Post # 15941862)

Problem:After applying the “Phone-Off SMS / MMS display in the call log” patch, the call list still contains SMS
Solution: After applying this patch, old SMS \ MMS remain in the list. This patch will be valid only for new SMS \ MMS.Old must be removed manually

Problem:I can not get the files from the device. Unable to connect to the device
Solution: If all the conditions described in the program are met when calling this procedure and ADBworks then copy the necessary files from the device to the computer by hand. What files for patches to copy?
a) open the program
b) go through the patches and see the field "Required files from the device"
c) go to the device and copy the necessary file to the program from it on the computer in the IN subfolder with the program
d) repeat steps b) -c) until you complete all the patches you are interested in
d) at the end of the process close the program
e) reopen the program
g) ... you can patch
If the ADB is on the computerDoes not work , then seek adb performance on your computer. How? - this is a question not this topic

Problem:The program patches files, but they either do not work, or the device does not load with them
Solution: If the files are replaced manually, then the algorithm of action, ideally, is as follows:
1. we program files
2. copy patched files to the device (for example, to the root \ system)
3. we set the rights (permissions) to patched files by analogy with the rights of similar stock files on the device
4. move somewhere (to be able to restore in case of what) stock files that will have to be replaced with patched ones
5. we move patched files on directories in which they should be
6. if among the patched files there are odex files, then it is highly desirable to clean the dalvik cache (delete the / data / dalvik-cache folder)
7. reboot the device

Problem:What files for the patch should be copied to the IN folder?
Solution: If you hover over the "Required files from the device" window, we will see a drop-down hint "The brackets indicate the files needed in the case of the deodexed firmware". This text suggests that in the case of a deodex firmware, it is necessary to place in the folder IN the file that is specified in the curly brackets. If the firmware is ODEX, then you need to place in the folder IN file, which is OUTSIDE the brackets

Problem:On the deodexed firmware AOS 6.0 and higher, after applying any patched DEX file, there are problems with the device’s performance (hang, non-working hard buttons, etc.)
Solution: BEFORE replacing apk with the patched one, you need to clear the davik cache (completely remove the data \ dalvik-cache folder), replace apk, immediately reboot the device

>Work with external patches<
Starting with PUMa v4.4, the ability to work with external patches has been added to the program. Currently, support for external patches such as dex, lib, bin is implemented. For a detailed description of the format and work with them, see the PUMa_extpatch.txt file included with the program.

>Project support<
>>Users who provided material support to the project<<

>>If you want to support the project, then ...<<
PayPal: temporarily unavailable
WebMoney: WMR009274614932; WMZ180397675130; WME555868191541; WMU326550542963; WMB361603363901
Yandex: 41001535912299
Sberbank: please contact the PM
QIWI: please contact the PM

A big request to users who wish to donate .. When making a donate, please indicate your nickname tosavagemessiahzine.com| xda so that I can add you to the list of donors in the program and on the website. If it is impossible - write a nickname in a personal, koumiss, E-mail. Thank you: thank_you:

About orders and "wishes" ...
All orders, "requests" and "Wishlist" are carried out strictly on a commercial basis . This concerns not only the integration of patches into the program, but also the writing / porting of the patch / her for personal use. If you wish, please contact lichku, koumiss, E-mail

Additional information (change history), SFWS : in second post Topics

v 4.9_a
------------------------------------------------------------------

- Old Tools \ smali_5.jar and Tools \ baksmali_5.jar files are returned. With new files, an incorrect assembly of classes.dex occurred after patching

v 4.9
- fixed critical error of assembly of classes.dex patched apk / jar, which was observed when applying two or more patches to different files in one session of the program
- the IlI algorithm has been added to the Obfuscation tool (Tools-Smali-Debug-Obfuscation). The feature of the algorithm on a 5-point scale:
a) readability (1-good. 5-bad)
b) difficulty in decryption (1-simple. 5-impossible)
c) the length of the final code (1-more. 3. the same. 5-less)
(a B C)
Mirroring: 3 2 3
Numeric order: 2 4 5
NDP: 4 3 2
Randomized: 4 5 4
IlI: 5 4 4

- Added support for Android OS version 7.0. *

- an external patch has been added to the package with the program:

N910 * _6.0. *
  • System-Remove the delay when unlocking from sleep

MD5: b774fbb0a1af0679dca191fd2d67f878 * PUMa.exe

About use: PUMa is free for distribution and free for non-commercial use. If you use, in your products (firmware, applications, modified applets / libraries, etc.), the results of the program (patches), please indicate the name of the program and its author. Whencommercial usethe program and the results of its work, please list a certain donate_% by the details specified in the program (Help-About Program ..). If there are cases of using the program and its products in a commercial application without donating donate_%, the PUMa project will be closed.

Additional downloads: Puma stored here

External patches

N910 *
The duration of the increasing volume of the signal with the incoming -5.0.* , 6.0.*
Turn off the headphone volume limit warning -5.0.* , 5.1.*
Deletion of a call after the end of a call -5.1.* , 6.0.*
Extended Volume Panel -5.1.*
Reducing the delay when starting touch_Focus / Exposure -5.1.* , 6.0.*
Delete memory card notification -6.0.*

G930 * / G935 *
Reducing the delay when starting touch_Focus / Exposure -6.0.*
Deletion of a call after the end of a call -6.0.*

merged patches
Changing the speed of rendering a QMG_type boot animation from 12 to 30 fps -N900 * / 5.0. *, 5.1. *; N910 / 5.0. *, 5.1. *; N920 * / 5.1. *; G928 * / 5.1. *
Disable Root Check during OTA-firmware update -N910 * / 5.1. *; N920 * / 5.1. *; G928 * / 5.1. *
Delete application signature verification -N910 * _6.0. *; N920 * _6.0. *; G930 * / G935 * _6.0. *
Increase the response speed of the Automatic Brightness Control (ARA) -N910 * _6.0. *; N920 * _6.0. *; G930 * / G935 * _6.0. *
Adding the 'Only Once / Always' buttons in the 'Open With' task -N910 * _6.0. *; N920 * _6.0. *; G930 * / G935 * _6.0. *

Plans (ToDo):
* adding support for Note7 - will not, because impractical
* adding IlI-obfuscation - done
* check for content updates on launch

Attached files

Attached filePUMa_4.9_a.zip(16.21 MB)

Post has been editedPako777 - 03.11.16, 11:53
Reason for editing: v 4.9_a + Various nuances of the work of PUMa and patches applied to it
Pako777
Message#2
15.12.11, 19:53
out
[offline]

Topics Curator
Messages 8148

Additional information on the PUMa program:
  • Change history
    Attached filePUMa.txt(60.86 KB)
  • Dumps of stock firmware (aka system folder contents
    look in the program PUMa-Downloads
  • Archive of devices supported by the program
    Attached Image

--- === UTILITIES === ---

SamsungFirmWareSearcher

The utility lives its life in its theme :) -SFWS (Samsung FirmWare Searcher)

Post has been editedPako777 - 02.03.18, 16:31

--------------------
PUMa v4.9_a(Patch Utility) SFWS v2.0(FirmWare Searcher)
Prize winnersavagemessiahzine.comin the nomination "Developer 2009"
Pako777
Message#3
17.12.11, 06:32
out
[offline]

Topics Curator
Messages 8148

It would be nice to add the ability to create a patch record from the line, if it is of course possible,

I have never bothered to record it, because I use external software, so I do not know what is needed for this .. Or do I have a Chinese + app or just press the button for display in 2.3.5 \ 2.3.6? It all depends on the degree of variability of the code. I think that the possibility of including this patch in the program is extremely unlikely.

Post has been editedPako777 - 17.12.11, 06:33

--------------------
Vers55
Message#4
18.12.11, 19:28
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 282
Check in: 11.04.06
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Exynos

Tell me please, but can I add a patch for Note, so that when the screen is off, use the volume buttons to control the rewind of songs?

--------------------
Moscow, SGS 8+
Pako777
Message#5
18.12.11, 19:32
out
[offline]

Topics Curator
Messages 8148

Vers55 @ 12/18/2011, 21:28*
Tell me please, but can I add a patch for Note, so that when the screen is off, use the volume buttons to control the rewind of songs?

I am interested in the laptop as far as I did not see the code for this patch ... Note that not all patches can be integrated into the program. If I find the code, I'll take a look.

Post has been editedPako777 - 19.12.11, 19:54

--------------------
Pako777
Message#6
24.12.11, 11:41
out
[offline]

Topics Curator
Messages 8148

Ka Pako, how to install Puma on samsung galaxy s2?

Sorry, but a program for PC-compatible computers.

Shl .. cap corrected: D

--------------------
-void-
Message#7
25.12.11, 08:02
Local
[offline]

Messages 261
Check in: 02.11.11
Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930FD

Question.
I put the patch through CWM. Judging by the log starts unpacking, and gives an error
E: Error in CWM_PUMa1.4.zip (Status 0)
Installation canceled.
What can be wrong.

MedvedGod @ 12/25/2011, 09:05*
Good day, I can not figure out how to use the program? I connect the phone - nothing happens.
The program with the phone has no connections. Make a patch with the help of the program, install the patch on the phone using CWM.

--------------------
Alcatel OT-756 ->SE M600i ->Nokia 5230 ->Samsung galaxy ace ->Samsung Galaxy S ll ->Samsung Galaxy Nexus ->Samsung Galaxy S4 9505 ->Samsung Galaxy S7 930FD
Alcatel One Touch Hero 8020D
Hyundai T7 - ​​Dell Venue 8 pro (win 10)
orion2011
Message#8
25.12.11, 12:15
User
[offline]

Messages 80
Check in: 01.12.11

Luv Pako777 hello!
An interesting thing here turned out .. tried to patch the Camera.odex file (ask JIKI2 - drain ..) to lower the shutdown threshold from 15% to 0%.
Writes that the patch is IMPOSSIBLE .... I wonder why refuses to patch ??
if not hard tell me what is wrong ??? everything else related to Camera.odex patches with a bang

with UVZH.
Pako777
Message#9
25.12.11, 18:28
out
[offline]

Topics Curator
Messages 8148

ramzess_666 @ 12.24.2011, 23:17*
Please put the program archive on the people, but it does not download from China in file hosting.

you read the first post? There, in addition to "Additional downloads", there is also an archive itself with the program lying on 4PDA
MedvedGod @ 12/25/2011, 03:05*
Good day, I can not figure out how to use the program? I connect the phone - nothing happens.

All described in the first post - "Working with patches in the program." The program is designed to patch files from the device \ firmware on a computer
I put the patch through CWM. Judging by the log starts unpacking, and gives an error
E: Error in CWM_PUMa1.4.zip (Status 0)
Installation canceled. What can be wrong.

I do not know why. How many I did not create updates and did not patch them - never had problems
An interesting thing here turned out .. tried to patch the Camera.odex file (ask JIKI2 - drain ..) to lower the shutdown threshold from 15% to 0%.
Writes that the patch is IMPOSSIBLE .... I wonder why refuses to patch ??

because the file with this firmware does not have the necessary signature, in contrast to the coke from other firmware .. you must look
Maybe somehow you can manually fix it ??? if so, tell me which file and which value to change ..

Modifications and decorations I9100 - Hat - Editing AIC

--------------------
orion2011
Message#10
25.12.11, 21:03
User
[offline]

Messages 80
Check in: 01.12.11

Pako777 @ 12/25/2011, 5:28 PM*
because the file with this firmware does not have the necessary signature, in contrast to the coke from other firmware .. you must look

Pako777 Here is the camera.apk and camera.odex from the JIKI2 firmware ... If you have a desire and time, please look ...
And then I tried to correct it myself when unpacking .apk except the res folder and a couple of files there is nothing .... neither the smali folder, nor the com folder ......
and deodexing fails to fall out with an error (UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:
java.lang.RuntimeException: bad magic value: 64 65 79 0a 30 33 36 00
at org.jf.dexlib.DexFile.<init>(DexFile.java ind82)
at org.jf.baksmali.main.main (main.java:249))
Attached fileJIKI2.rar(1.03 MB)
Pako777
Message#11
26.12.11, 07:18
out
[offline]

Topics Curator
Messages 8148

Pako777 Here is the camera.apk and camera.odex from the JIKI2 firmware ... If you have a desire and time, please look ...

looked .. this applet will not be patched PUM-oh, because does not contain the necessary code signature, because the code in the applet is a miser from all that I have encountered. Exit - patch the cokex file itself (Modifications-Cap-Edit APK) or wait for the next version of the program, which may also include signature processing, as with this firmware

--------------------
Pako777
Message#12
28.12.11, 20:43
out
[offline]

Topics Curator
Messages 8148

Eolia @ 12/28/2011, 10:38 PM*
Could you tell me how to return a rising call using PUMa? In the same place there is only a point of turning off the increasing volume level, but there is no turning on.

The program is intended only for installing patches, but not for canceling them, because in this case, the algorithm will be significantly complicated. Those. if you need an incremental one, then either take stock and install what you need, or as always - disassemble \ edit \ assemble handles

--------------------
Ptyshke
Message#13
30.12.11, 08:58
User
[offline]

Messages 815
Check in: 22.01.10
HTC 8S

Is there such a chip for i9000?

--------------------
iPhone 8GB. 3.1.3 Whited00r + Nokia E63 + Nokia N900 + Samsung GT-i9000 CM11 4.4.2 + Samsung GT-i9100. MIUIv5 + HTC 8S WP8.1 + HTC Sensation MUIU v5 + Apple iPhone 5 16GB "brick edition"
Pako777
Message#14
30.12.11, 11:32
out
[offline]

Topics Curator
Messages 8148

Ptyshke @ 12/30/2011, 10:58*
Is there such a chip for i9000?

what - "such"? Or did you call the program "chip"? Or patches? ...
If patches, slip your apk / cokes and see how the program reacts to the patching process of these. If it writes "installed", then you are lucky ..

--------------------
Pako777
Message#15
30.12.11, 21:47
out
[offline]

Topics Curator
Messages 8148

ioni @ 12/30/2011, 11:28 PM*
I downloaded ... unfolded ... launched ... avg swears that it is a win32 / heur a drweb virus, everything is normal ... that's who to believe

believe common sense, well, or in this case, DrWeb-u .. just an ekzeshka packed with an ex-packer and some paranoid antivirals try to detect a virus in it

--------------------
mak-lee
Message#16
31.12.11, 00:25
User
[offline]

Messages 68
Check in: 25.09.11

Dear Pako777, could you add a camera mute patch

Post has been editedmak-lee - 31.12.11, 00:47
Pako777
Message#17
31.12.11, 07:22
out
[offline]

Topics Curator
Messages 8148

Mak-lee @ 12/31/2011, 02:25*
Dear Pako777, could you add a camera mute patch

There are 3 ways to solve this problem:
1. complex and not automatic, i.e. some operations will need to be done by a person on his machine
2. already automatic, but even more difficult and unknown - is it realizable ..
3. do everything by hand through the preparation of the patch.

The PPC (patch utility ratio, i.e., the ratio of the cost of preparing it to the number of those who are hungry for this patch) is extremely small, so if he queued up for integration, then from the end :). And in light of the preparations for the transition to 4.0, it may even sink into oblivion ..

Post has been editedPako777 - 31.12.11, 09:32

--------------------
Message#18
01.01.12, 18:02
Alter ego
[offline]

Messages 2240
Check in: 14.06.10
Xiaomi Mi Note 3 4/64

Pako777,
Is it possible to organize in the program support Samsung GT-I8150 Galaxy Wonder?
ME_spb
Message#19
01.01.12, 22:12
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 483
Check in: 11.11.08
Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) SM-A320F / DS

Pako777,
I made a patch for the KK5 Sms-Mms firmware and ticked off everything after the firmware via CWM and after that the main menu and application disappeared! What have I done wrong?

--------------------
The signature should not exceed 300 characters and have no more than 3 lines of text.
Pako777
Message#20
01.01.12, 22:24
out
[offline]

Topics Curator
Messages 8148

ME_spb @ 01.02.2012, 00:12*
I made a patch for the KK5 Sms-Mms firmware and ticked off everything after the firmware via CWM and after that the main menu and application disappeared! What have I done wrong?

As if absolutely incompatible things - the patch and the disappearance of the GM and Applications :) Try without the patch "Disabling the control of the number of contacts for simultaneous mailing" - there is a suspicion that it can glitch under certain circumstances, although I have all 3 sms patches on this one. true with a different core

Post has been editedPako777 - 01.01.12, 22:30

--------------------
carlitoman
Message#21
08.01.12, 19:12
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 32
Check in: 25.12.11
Samsung Galaxy Wonder GT-I8150

System-Increase the response rate of Automatic Brightness Adjustment (ARA)
System-Increase the speed and smoothness of brightness transitions with ARS

I didn’t understand what it was, what a beast? For wonder, I don’t have an automatic brightness control! So what does this statement mean?

--------------------

90 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/05/19, 21:05