> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Nokia Lumia 800 - Marriage | Nokia Lumia 800

Rep: (1351)
Talk smartphone marriageNokia Lumia 800
PictureNokia Lumia 800
Smartphone : Description | Discussion пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Marriage
General : Ambulance for beginners пїЅ | OS FAQ | News Talk пїЅ | Windows Phone 7 Club пїЅ | GPS navigation пїЅ
Firmware : General flashing questions пїЅ | Flashing instructions | Firmware database | Creating and editing firmware пїЅ

Apparently, at leastsome phones have very significant defects with sound .
Attention! If you use your phone to listen to music, before you buy be sure to check the sound quality with your headphones

Utility:
    1. Complaining to Nokia!
    2. Nokia Official Blog

Dear friends! Be mutually polite! Say "Thank you" by increasing your reputation. If you do not have 15 more useful posts, ask the moderators to raise their reputation by pressing the buttonPictureunder the message of the one who helped you.

Attention! Hereprohibiteddiscussion of issues that do not fall under the theme (Offtop),
as well as the creation of messages that do not carry useful information (flood)!

Also try to avoid in your messages lyrical digressions and reflections on the meaning of life!
For open conversations we have the relevant sections.

On a note:
Forum FAQ | How to search the forum? | 10 commandments novice | Selection and comparison of PDAs and smartphones

Post has been editedsaintonotole - 29.05.13, 10:58

Rep: (262)
the_ultimate111 @ 02.12.2011, 12:49*
Compared to the iPhone 4, N8, the nuances of the sound in this case are more dependent on the headphones, but the volume margin, sound quality characteristic of the latest Nokia.

I generally have two main problems with this phone - Pentile and headphone sound.

I didn’t even unpack my headset, I’m using Westone 3. I plugged in the headphones for the first time, I was just terrified - it’s like the impression that there’s nothing in addition to mid frequencies. The volume is normal, although lower than that of an iPhone or Mozart.

I don’t know what objective tests will show, but I didn’t expect anything like that from Nokia - the sound was always good in the phones of this company. Maybe he is good in terms of evenness of the frequency response, but not everyone will like it.

There would be an equalizer, it would be possible to survive. But it is not. :(

Rep: (3)
vangrieg
Have you ever connected the headphones that are not compatible with the smartphone? There is an American AV output, if you connect incompatible headphones roughly with an iPhone, you will get something terrible - plug in standard headphones or compatible with an iPhone everything will be fine. For example, headphones from the past Nokia are incompatible with it.

the_ultimate111,
Standard headphones with a standard 3.5 mm jack, work perfectly with all phones, including iPhone.

vangrieg
Try others in general, I had this when I connected headphones from the N8. When stuck with normal Grado, it began to play as it should.

the_ultimate111,
I never use headsets from phones. I have Westone 3 headphones. So it's not about them.

vangrieg
I have everything with sound and nothing of what you described was there, so in order to understand the reason, there are probably no options for trying other headphones.

As for the sound quality, the objective has finally been completed.GSMArena test. Fully consistent with what I hear. Epic fail unprecedented in recent years. Equalizer does not help here ...: (

Post has been editedvangrieg - 06.12.11, 15:51

Rep: (116)
vangrieg
But they also did not understand the hike that they needed other headphones and stupidly drove out the test with an incompatible plug. Even theoretically, as on standard drivers, on the same chips, with OS music management, can the result differ 6 times with the same Radar? They simply did not know and took it at face value. With sound, everything is OK, on ​​compatible headphones, of course.
Again, the difference between the first item and headphones attached 10 times speaks about the same thing I'm talking about - gsmarena went down because they didn’t ask Nokia about this nuance.

Post has been editedjenjaman - 06.12.11, 16:10

Rep: (18)
Vangrieg @ 12/06/2011, 16:43*
Regarding the quality of sound, the objective test at GSMArena has finally been completed. Fully consistent with what I hear. Epic fail unprecedented in recent years. Equalizer will not help here ...

And can you explain to the uninitiated? What is the comparison? For example, I calmly relate to plugs and playing music on the phone. There is always no bass. A priori. If I want to listen to music, then I have a good acoustics and amplifier ... And the headset .. She is the headset.

jenjaman
What plug, what headphones? There, the test is done on professional equipment, to which the device is connected by the same plugs. The impedance is changing - at the headphones it is 16-32 Ohm, at the line input - 10 kOhm. As a rule, when low-impedance loads are connected, the quality drops, but rarely is it so catastrophic.

And the difference with Mozart (I do not know about Radar) is colossal and aural.

Samael ranger
Yes, I already wrote in the FAQ, here is the connector like the iPhone, it is incompatible with headphones with 3 grooves on the plug (albeit by a strange coincidence, complete headphones with 3, but apparently there is something twisted). And if you connect such incompatible headphones, there will be a complete failure by the sound - something like recording a concert on a bad record transmitted over a bad phone. You turn on headphones with 2 grooves - voila, everything sounds great.

Samael ranger
I don't say anything about the headset. I use Westone 3 for 350 dollars.

vangrieg
Do you understand that even the 10-year-old devices did not have such results? This is just an elementary error in testing. I am convinced of this, because such a failure of the frequency response can not be heard and the interpenetration of channels, too. I tested a lot of smartphones, including Trophy and Radar, they sound a little worse than Lumia, but in a bit like. There is no such difference there.

jenjaman
If the problem were in the connectors, the sound would be bad at the line input. In addition, I tried to connect an adapter for iPhone and headphones from iPhone too.

vangrieg
How many pins are there on the plug?

Posted on 12/6/2011, 16:20:

Vangrieg @ 12/06/2011, 17:19*
If the problem were in the connectors, the sound would be bad at the line input. In addition, I tried to connect an adapter for iPhone and headphones from iPhone too.

I checked everything purely experimentally, so I definitely state that you are mistaken.

Jenjaman @ 12/06/2011, 17:18*
Do you understand that even the 10-year-old devices did not have such results?

Understand. Therefore, I say that it is epic fail.

Jenjaman @ 12/06/2011, 17:18*
This is just an elementary error in testing. I am convinced of this, because it is impossible not to hear such a failure of the frequency response and the interpenetration of channels

So I hear him. I wrote about the problem before the gsmarena test.

Posted on 12/6/2011, 16:21:

How many pins are there on the plug?

Four. Adapter - Monster Cable.

I checked everything purely experimentally, so I definitely state that you are mistaken.

So I checked. I connected the phone to the amplifier, and already to it - headphones. The most common plug with three contacts. The result - when connected to the line input, the sound becomes two orders of magnitude better, all frequencies are in place.

As, actually, it is written in the review gsmarena.

So the problem is not in the plug. I see two options. Either you just do not hear the difference, or there is a defective batch of phones.

Therefore, you better tell me where you should, there is a small chance that the problem is soft.

Post has been editedvangrieg - 06.12.11, 16:41

Rep: (13)
jenjaman
The split can not affect how the sound quality. If it does not fit - there is no sound, fit - there is.
3.5 mm. Three pin jack is a world standard, 4 pin is a microphone and also a standard. Such plugs are placed everywhere and are purchased almost from the same manufacturers for all devices.

Post has been editedMaerd - 06.12.11, 17:43

Rep: (45)
Gentlemen, could you explain where there is a 6-fold difference in this review?
Those figures that I see are quite comparable with other phones.
I do not want to protect Nokia, I just don’t understand anything in these tsifery.

Post has been editedmedmac - 06.12.11, 17:27

Rep: (13)
Look at the low (bass) block when connecting a low-impedance load (headphones) and what is the difference from the N9

http://st.gsmarena.com/vv/reviewsimg/nokia...marena_a002.png

http://st.gsmarena.com/vv/reviewsimg/nokia...marena_a001.png

Medmac @ 12/06/2011, 18:23*
Those figures that I see are quite comparable with other phones.

Oh no how rightly remarkedjenjaman , we have not seen such characteristics for ten years in phones.

Look at the green line on the chart. Ideally, this line should be at the level of zero and approximately flat in the range from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. Here, on a low-impedance load (that is, with headphones), it drastically collapses, starting at 300 Hz. That is, you will not hear the bass at all, just a hint that somewhere there they are, due to overtones. Medium and high frequencies pulled up. There is a logarithmic scale, 6 decibels is four times the difference, 1 decibel is about a quarter. That is, the bass is several times weaker than the mid and high frequencies. And another absolutely terrible figure - crosstalk - is the penetration of sound from one stereo channel into another. For comparison, in an iPhone, this figure is somewhere around -90 dB, i.e. a 50 decibel difference is, for a second, 100,000 times. In simple terms, this is not a stereo sound, but porridge.

Decibel is the decimal logarithm of the ratio of two quantities, multiplied by ten. :)

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07.23.19, 13:28