> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Effire ColorBook TR701 - firmware

Rep: (1246)
FirmwareEffire ColorBook TR701
Current version: V1.3 from 05-28-2012
Discussion пїЅ | Description | FAQ | Firmware пїЅ

The material presented in the subject is unofficial. In case of unsuccessful firmware installation, the author of the topic and the administration of the site are not responsible! All actions at your own risk.

Official site http://effire.ru/

Official firmware
  • Last up-to-date v1.3 from28.05.2012 here
  • v1.2 from01.11.2011 here
  • The very first (old) firmware v.1.06.22 (September 2011) here

Alternative firmware
  • Modifications of firmware from the userSanja_180(current from 11.11.2013)
    The final version (11/11/2013) of the firmware is based on the firmware WEXLER.BOOK T7005 version 1.1.9
    Short description

Excellent modification based on WEXLER.BOOK T7005 firmware (v1.1.9) from Sanja_180 (09/11/2013) (09/18/2013)
    Short description
    * DOC format support (MS Word Document)
    * support any zip archives (restriction: the name must be in Latin)
    * new fonts
    * new backgrounds
    * stable reader module with improved text clarity
    * new codecs
    * stable radio module
    * new wallpaper
    * and much more: see details onreference

• Modifications of firmware from the usersergeywed

• Release - Improved modification of the Effire TR-701 firmware version 1.3 with a reader from teXet TB-710HD (02.09.2012)

• Wonderful firmware "Student Computer", the main drawback - only the Chinese language interface
    * Flash game support
    * full qwerty keyboard with multiple input modes, including handwriting input
    * For Chinese, a lot of books, dictionaries, educational applications and games
    * engineering calculator
    * alarm clock
    * password lock
    * much more

Description and link to download in the messageEffire ColorBook TR701 - firmware (Post # 11895835)

ATTENTION!
    After updating this firmware, the key combination to enter the service mode will change: instead of the SQUARE key, you will need to use the Vol + (volume up) key. After updating the "native" firmware, the service combination will be restored.

• Tested firmware version with Sega Megadrive / Genesis emulator
    Test version: modification based on the original Effire v1.2 firmware and the Ampe gaming console.
    Instead of the Calculator application, the Sega Megadrive / Genesis emulator is being developed;Firmware devices on SoChip 8600/9800 (Post # 12249661)
    The emulator is very "raw" (first, there is no sound) and ... at this stageneed to hone some momentswhich in the near future will be applied to porting to our specific console emulator devicesAMPE. At this stage, based on the simplest emulator "... PicoDrive without sound ... testing the position of the on-screen buttons, the work of the wheelbarrow ..."
    In the firmware, application icons are replaced with edited icons from the Sony portable media player firmware (on the F15 chip).

• Improved modification of Effire TR-701 firmware version 1.2 with reader from teXet TB-710HD (12.06.2012)

• PLOYER V10
    PLOYER V10
    Old linkPLOYER V10
    Description fromKudryashovDA:
    In this firmware there is no Russian (only English and Chinese) and outdated video codecs, but you can install games (extension .SC) from the conductor (one is in the archive) in it. There are many games inside the firmware, not all are displayed on the desktop, but with the help of the debug = 1 mode, all of them can be evaluated.

• Texet TB-710HD in the version Dipal
    Texet TB-710HD in the version Dipal
    Description fromdaniilshapkin:
    Texet TB-710HD firmware in Dipal edition with increased scaling factor with the addition of support for DJVU and radio under the Effire Color Book TR-701
    pros(what distinguishes this firmware from the standard one)
    - more interesting interface with a large set of wallpapers
    - “history” opens quickly (in effire it freezes altogether)
    - the level of acb is shown in white colors therefore it is always visible
    - vertically oriented photos are displayed correctly
    - pages are remembered correctly, with any kind of stopping reading
    - FB2 footnote support is available.
    - the overall performance of the device is higher than in Effire
    - the book hangs much less frequently
    disadvantages
    - the screen does not turn off when you shortly press the power button
    -no search files in effire
    - at a low level of brightness, the backlight is still intense - T.O. work from acb will be less long than on effire
    - not sure, but the speaker seems a little quieter
    Conclusion:There are undoubtedly more pluses than minuses, this firmware is a worthy replacement for the standard one.

• Effire ColorBook TR701 in the edition Dipal and modifications losber

Effire ColorBook TR701 in the version Dipal and modifications losber from 01.20.2012
    Firmware with changes to adjust gamma.
    List of changes:
    + fixed problem with dark video
    + replaced default fonts with GeorgiaeSerif
    + 384 MHz memory frequency (instead of 300 MHz)
    + CPU frequency in the performance mode 396 MHz (instead of 300 MHz)

The drvgamma.tbl file needs to be copied after flashing to the root of the user disk (drive E in the reader)
    About drvgamma.tbl. I attach two options to choose from - they differ in video brightness. drvgamma_1 \ - darker than drvgamma_2 \
    Effire_ColorBook_v1.2_DiPal_mod_losber_ed.img
    gamma.rar

Version of the firmware without increasing the frequency
    effire_ColorBook_v1.2_DiPal_mod_losber_ed_2.img
    difference from the previous one
    - 300 MHz memory frequency (as in the original)
    - CPU frequency in the performance mode 300 MHz (as in the original)

Effire ColorBook TR701 firmware in the Dipal edition and losber modifications dated 02.02.2012.
    + updated microSD card driver
    + updated video and audio codecs
    + Battery level (in%) in the Battery application is shown in red, because it is always visible
    Effire_ColorBook_v1.2_DiPal_mod_losber_ed_new_orig_kernel.img

How and what to reflash the book: utilities for flashing (even for 64 bit Windows)

Reviews
    Here we place information on firmware from other devices working on the TR-701.
    Since manufacturers are constantly improving them, the material may contain inaccuracies regarding relevant. If they are found, for correction, please contact the curator of the topic.
    [spoiler = Browse alternative firmware]
    thanksxqzz
    [*]Texet TB-710HD
    The only firmware that remembers the last page read
    for any kind of shutdown
    Radio works when the screen is off
    Does not read DJVU
    With the photo in all the firmware is the same
    in the book stomps
    in the landscape stretches
    The main disadvantages are:
    pressing the shutdown button does not turn off the screen
    level 1 backlight is too bright to read in the twilight

[*]Wexler
    It does not correctly open the pages (although it happens and falls), especially in fb2
    The radio works when the screen is off (the screen off button works)
    no screen rotation
    PDF slows down
    DJVU works pretty fast
    Highlighting 15 levels (1 level - complete darkness))))
    And I do not know how to explain it!?
    With a backlight level of 3 and a battery level of 52%
    shows the time of work 5 hours with a penny that is
    at 100% charge should give 10 hours
    Test see)))
    And one more flaw, instead of pages, shows percentages

[*]Ployer v10
    Just a player, as a reader sucks
    Don't even bother
    Just a nice interface (Chinese / English)

[*]Texet TB-740HD
    Buttons do not work correctly
    Sensor works

[*]Ritmix RBK-425
    Remembers the last page
    Does not support DJVU awkward menu

Close relatives
  • Texet TB710HD
  • Oysters Readme 400
  • Ritmix RBK-430
  • Wexler.Book T7005
  • Lexand LT-117
  • Kromax Intelligent book KR-701, KR-505, KR-430
  • E708 Black (something also Chinese)
    ------
  • Ployer V10 is also a relative, but the MP4 player is

Add, do not be shy

useful links

Problem solving: what to do if the book does not turn on, is not determined by the computer, how to restore, revive the device
  • Trouble-free way to flash from losber
    Trouble-free way of flashing in any software state (including brick, cyclic reboot, etc.) in the reader
    1. Launch LiveSuit, select the file of a workable firmware, click SysUpdate. A warning pops up - click OK.
    2. Put the lever of the book ON \ OFF to the OFF position.
    3. Clamp the SQUARE button and do not release it until point 6.
    4. Without releasing the SQUARE button, connect the USB cable.
    5. Without releasing the SQUARE button, press the POWER button (on / off button) three times. It is possible on account of one, two, three. And wait for the message of the program LiveSuit.
    6. As soon as the LiveSuit warning message appears, release the SQUARE button. We agree with all messages \ warnings and wait for the end of the firmware process.
    7. Wait until the update is complete; do not turn off the device until the calibration screen appears (white screen with a red cross).
    8. Calibrate the screen - click on the center of the red crosses. The device is ready to use.

• Stitching way from effire
    If the update is not installed correctly, the device will not turn on.
    1. Open LiveSuit
    2. Click the button at the top - SelectImg
    3. Select firmware files with * .img extension
    4. Hold down the power key on the book (make sure that the power lever is on the right, on the end is turned to the On position) and without releasing it, connect the usb cable to the book (having previously connected it to the PC with one end).
    5. Without releasing the power key, quickly press the square key on the book.
    6. A window will appear with the update options:
    - Press YES to update the device with pre-formatted memory (all data from the device is deleted).
    - Press NO to update the device without formatting the memory.
    7. Wait until the update is complete; do not turn off the device until the calibration screen appears.
    8. Calibrate the screen. The device is ready to use.

• We sew by texet
    If the book is determined by computer:

1. Run the file "upgrade tools.exe"
    2. Select the firmware file * .img.
    3. Connect the book
    4. Start the flashing with the "Update" button. You answer yes to all questions.
    5. If necessary, install the driver from the folder "UsbDriver"
    6. Wait until the end of the process and turn off the book.

If the book is NOT computer-defined:

1. Run the file "upgrade tools.exe"
    2. Select the firmware file * .img.
    3. Connect the book with the UP button pressed,
    4. The program will offer to reflash the device.
    5. Confirm the request. Answer all questions in the affirmative.
    6. If necessary, install the driver from the folder "UsbDriver"
    7. Wait until the end of the process and turn off the book.

• Dangerous instructions - for experienced and courageous

Attention!Extremely discouragedupdate the device firmware by running the firmware file copied to the microSD and even more so from the internal memory (diskE:).

Post has been editedvadeus - 30.10.16, 17:06
Reason for editing: edit

Rep: (3)
I will stay anyway on Texet's painful background I liked there. And I'm not listening to the radio. If you can do anything with the native firmware, I will be only too happy.

Rep: (287)
Registered on their site, with a jerk of dizziness in the eyes, then the English sites as native. : rolleyes: But still do not give download. Maybe someone has res_theme_pack, res_theme_unpack.

sara-05 @ 10/08/2011, 13:56*
I will stay anyway on Texet's painful background I liked there

Yeah, their 1.2 version is pretty good, while on it too. Reader keeps changing font. Our information today as the Chinese modify the axf, assemble the firmware so as not to kill the device. I learned a dozen hieroglyphs: D

Rep: (0)
I also installed the TEXET TB710HD firmware.

When examining the effire firmware, files from the Texet interface were found. Conclusion - effire firmware is based on texet and must be 100% compatible.

On the texet website, we posted the 1.2 firmware, added several backgrounds, you can rotate the text 90-180-270 in the reading program, and the main thing is changing the font - arial, verdana, Times, Modern. Better than 1.1, but does not read djvu.

Rep: (3)
Now I will try to download, we'll see.

Rep: (4)
I stitched with the new firmware. All bugs remain the same. And the developers promised to fix it. I wrote them a letter, asked for clarification ... I am waiting ....

Rep: (15)
AlexFBG,
AlexFBG @ 10/09/2011, 07:05*
On the site texet posted firmware 1.2,

And what version of the firmware from texet works on 701? With or without the rev A prefix?

KudryashovDA,
I put A without the prefix, it works fine, only there is no djvu support, I try to implement it.

In general, picking the firmware gave some inputs. The operating system costs EPOS and not Linux. Any implementation even in debug mode makes it impossible to either download or run the application. Possible to change the logo and font. 100% suitable firmware from Texet TB-710HD without revision A. The firmware should be assembled for Sochip 9800, not 8600, although in theory the 8600 is Boxchip F16, F15 simplified F16. Android is not yet possible to deliver, you need to completely recycle the kernel, it is possible to download only for Rockchip. To build the firmware requires knowledge of VC ++, debuggers and decompilers. The network has information that the assembled firmware using the usual method (Sochip Modding Tools) can be flashed using the method of encrypting and decrypting the image without setting the debug mode. But it works 50/50.
The search continues ...

The farther into the forest ... In search, I stumble upon a Chinese device, a copy of our reading room, positioned as PMP (portable media players). For them, reading is in last place, so there are no applications for books, so they draw something. But the rest is at a very high level. Like for exampleherethis. Full 3 desktops (and not a limited piece), the interface is a la droid, the language of the rank and English, the orientation is mainly landscape. There are other games - Chinese chess (I do not understand), cool igruha like find differences in 2 photos.

Rep: (9)
AlexFBG @ 10.10.2011, 05:31*
Any implementation even in debug mode makes it impossible to either download or run the application.

My guesses are probably true, before the firmware is assembled, a cheksumma out'a is done, and in it all the files after unpacking are just there. Replacing the file, of course, the cheksumma does not match anymore, therefore it is klinit :)

Flasher-11, possible, but most likely not quite. When unpacking checksums are in files of type FET_MAGIC_ CRC _EN_000, header files in * .hdr. So, changing the file in the image naturally changes the structure of the download ie. If you change files with the same attributes (size, name), then in theory everything should be normal. Being introduced into the kernel, it is necessary to change the corresponding files. By the way, who noticed in the archive with the firmware is the file ePDKv100.img, and inside hdr there is a signature of type D: \ winners \ ePDK \ workspace \ sunii \ eFex \ usb \ *. Axf. It suggests that this may be the type of SDK.

Posted on 10/10/2011, 15:57:

By the way onsavagemessiahzine.comThere is an error in the ColorBook information that the RockChip chip is in all Effire. This is not so, it is only in 702 models, this must be taken into account when reflashing, otherwise you can screw up the device. But on Rochchipe you can organize android.

AlexFBG,
I installed your firmware, well, I would like the Russian language and the reader to be normal ...

hitlo, will be. Russian language, dictionary, voice reading.

Rep: (5)
I installed firmware 1.2 from tech. Yes, the radio does not work and the artifacts from the arrows (left-right) at the bottom of the screen remain
Well, what comes back to the same place and what footnotes have appeared.

Urri66, The jamb with pdf remained (reset scaling when scrolling), djvu does not support. And footnotes in non-technical literature are not needed.

Rep: (5)
AlexFBG, In fb2, it happens what you need, native firmware in general does not show a footnote

AlexFBG @ 10/11/2011, 07:21*
hitlo, will be. Russian language, dictionary, voice reading.

And when I hesitate to ask? And who will do it?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/28/19 11:44