> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet - Discussion

Rep: (1543)
DiscussionLenovo ThinkPad Tablet
PictureLenovo ThinkPad Tablet
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Lenovo Fans Club пїЅ

• Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Official versions of the firmware arehereandhere
useful links

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Post has been editedAlexanderL - 14.01.18, 22:26
Reason for editing: Navigator

Rep: (870)
AX_Xao,
ThinkPad, Lenovo is positioned as a device for business users. The list of optional accessories to it appear the stylus and keyboard. Both tablets feature two built-in cameras - pyatimegapikselnoy on the rear panel and a megapixel on the front, as well as Wi-Fi module and a USB port.
Flatbed IdeaPad be delivered with 32 gigabytes of internal memory, ThinkPad - with 16 and with 32 gigabytes.
I understand nisheobraznaya and business equipment gadget)

Rep: (831)
Valo-lo-lo,
Valo-lo-lo @ 21.07.2011, 19:45*
A known any timing of thinkpad on sale in Russia and possible price?

Wi-Fi version of the Lenovo IdeaPad K1 will be released in Russia at the end of August, and Wi-Fi + 3G version in late September. WiFi model of this tablet will be offered in red and white colors and decorated with black leather (for WiFi, and for the WiFi + 3G version) and brown leather (for the WiFi + 3G version). Cost of Lenovo IdeaPad K1 depending on the equipment will be 17 990 rubles (Wi-Fi, 32 GB of memory) to 22 990 rubles (Wi-Fi + 3G, 64GB, leather trimmings). Tablet Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet, in turn, will appear on the Russian market in September at a price of 17 990 rubles.

Rep: (5)
She became the owner of the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet. I ordered in computeruniverse.net. 64GB model with a stylus. Interesting, but on the box Rostest icon. Release date on the box - August 25, 2011.
Android version 3.1.

So far, little used, I can compare only with the Galaxy Tab 10.1, which I use occasionally. What more to say?

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedmalykh - 26.09.11, 13:00
Reason for editing: picked up pictures

Rep: (6)
malykh @ 26.09.2011, 13:42*
What more to say?

most interested in the work of the pen. everywhere or only in some applications?
whether external hdd connection understands?
read ntfs?
build quality?
Well needless to that video playback mkv?

Post has been editedbik14 - 26.09.11, 13:52
Reason for editing: add Questions

Rep: (18)
malykh @ 26.09.2011, 13:42*
So far, little used, I can compare only with the Galaxy Tab 10.1, which I use occasionally. What more to say?

Just interested in a comparison with the Galaxy Tab. In addition interested in working pen. Is it convenient? whether pressing force distinguishes? Whether and how successfully replace the paper notes: on the nature of work often have to attend meetings - would be happy to get rid of the paper notepad or paper while nothing can not be replaced? Is there a tablet handwriting recognition, though Latin and how well this recognition? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Post has been editedPhil_Sh - 26.09.11, 13:55

External hard drive, like, wound up (on the Samsung Galaxy S2 phone to power it was not enough), but did not see NTFS. I do not really like the mount point. At the same the S2 (on Tab'e 10.1 not tested because of the lack of an adapter) card and USB storage mounted as subdirectories sdcard, and here separate directories, which is not very comfortable, it seems to me (some file managers do not know how to go beyond the sdcard so do not see a card and USB storage).

The pen works everywhere as a normal touch. The degree of pressing as it is - in his native softinkoy Notes Mobile from the press line thickness depends, but somehow very rough, feeling that two or three degrees.

Build quality like anything. Not to say that Samsung worse. Although the buttons first appeared some ticky-tacky, but they just pressed cleverly (inner part). Pleasant to the touch, "velvety" back, but zalyapyvaetsya. Samsung significantly smaller, lighter and more elegant. But in the hands of Lenovo uhvatistee, with Samsung feeling that wants to fall out of the hands.

Recognition is. Firstly, a keyboard Flex T9 (anyplace as ordinary input means), and secondly, to the softinkoy. Russian detects and there, and there, surprisingly. However, there is some strangeness with which even understand.

Included (sealed with tape ThinkPad brand) was a German Sim Vodafone. I had already scared that the device is locked, but earned and Russian SIM cards.

Cool it made that the operation (ON Screen) illuminates red LED dot in the letter i in the word ThinkPad on the rear cover (our response luminous apple ;-)

Post has been editedmalykh - 26.09.11, 19:38

Just took all found on the computer MKV-video file and tried to play on the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet. Interestingly, the regular player understands this format, but the experience was not very good:
1. It was a video that is lost is normal, but there is not enough.
2. Part of the video is playing, but with the wrong aspect ratio.
3. However, about half of the video is not played (player swearing).
4. In one video player generally freezes. The system went live, but nothing more player before rebooting did not want to play.

Video of paragraph 3 and 4 was able to see with the help of a third-party player (MX Video Player), but only in softvarnogo decoding mode. Videos from paragraph 2 in MX and played with the wrong aspect ratio.

In contrast: on the Galaxy SII phone staff MKV player does not understand, but with the help of all the MX video reproduce by without problems: the correct aspect ratio and a hardware decoder.

It troubles Tegra2? Galaxy Tab 10.1 is now at hand there is no check.

Rep: (6)
malykh @ 27.09.2011, 15:45*
It troubles Tegra2?

yes, and unfortunately they are probably not as not being addressed. sorry :(

Posravnival on glyuchnosti ThinkPad Tablet and Galaxy Tab 10.1. That's tablets are very similar (which is not surprising, because Android 3.1 and Tegra2). Many of the glitches the same: the same poglyukivaet Market (that pretends places, but in fact is not intended, it displays a set of unidentified program in the list, etc.). Browser flies etc. But it feels a little more buggy Lenovo (the same browser crashes often). Dampness that counties that Samsung, although Samsung is a bit more run-in, but far from ideal.

From branded glitches ThinkPad Tablet two I definitely have:
1. Sometimes it takes off completion message of a com.mobihand.cds.
2. unlock the screen (where you have to drag a circle) the first few seconds does not respond to pressing.

We are waiting for updates (if help).
In general, when choosing a tablet to produce a reaction producer updates (really helps!) Becomes almost a decisive factor in connection with the general dampness Android 3.x and Tegra2.
By the way, until the update for Samsung not seen for Lenovo once one has arrived (I think mid-September), but the big difference is not seen.

In addition, he compared the screens. In Tab 10.1 screen is slightly brighter (compared to the maximum brightness, the "standard" mode for Samsung), a little more contrast and saturation. At Lenovo, the screen looks quieter (or fade - despite what one tastes). Samsung Screen gives a reddish tinge, at Lenovo - rather green. Light colors better transmitted from Samsung, dark - at Lenovo. According to the glossy screens are very similar, but after long reflection comparison showed that Samsung's slightly more reflective. Behavior outside under bright sunlight could not hold, unfortunately. Zalyapyvaetsya shields strongly in both the tablets.

In general, both the tablet with one hand like platform-type (see above.), But differ in orientation: Lenovo more calm and "geeks", Samsung brighter (both literally and figuratively). Actually, I do not know what to recommend one of them. Most feel that Android 3.1 and Tegra2 preferably without extreme need not to take (I doubt if that helps out 3.2 or even 4.0 if it is).

By the way, it's strange, but for the ThinkPad Tablet is now there are no drivers. Well, the average user does not need drivers, and particularly, but let's say for the development of a the adb-driver needed, but it is not (at least ready to use without picking).

Post has been editedmalykh - 28.09.11, 19:14

Rep: (1065)
ThinkPad Tablet
who bought the ... help ... I do not want to rattle iPad (currently dragging with a BlackBerry, Android, WM6.5 if there is still any iOS)
1) How much and where (if I may)
2) The battery life (approximately)
3) Include image handwritten notes do not show (whether really Scribbles on the pen record the meetings ... or width allows only play tic / tac)

1. computeruniverse.net. There are three models available:
16GB - 420.04 EUR
32GB - 492.44 EUR
64GB - 559.66 EUR
Plus shipping 35-37 Euro

All three - 3G with pen.

2. Specially did not measure yet. About how similar plates (from the Samsung Tab 10.1 is not much difference seen).

3. Yes, the width is more or less enough, but the appearance of lethargy line can be annoying. In the photo it does not pass.

Rep: (3)
Tomorrow my thinkpad tablet arrives from the States, the entire set of 32 GB + pen cost about 18300. Delivery of friends. I hope not disappoint.
This is my first Android device, so delve into the study of the forum. As I understand it, because the new device, especially anything to do for the optimization can not be with him.

Rep: (1)
in fact, I do not understand.

Why is the XXX android pen !?

This system is designed for surfing and entertainment.
the whole point of control without likely, fingers.

who should operate only the laptop and mouse.

vindovskih for tablet pen more relevant ihmo.

Rep: (1065)
pitss3,
Hmm ... there are photo frames for surfing ... or netbook (even the name says it)
Pero mega comfortable thing and go to multi for me personally was a huge step backwards ... if earlier on the Palm and on older devices as hand-written notebook I have used the device, it is now forced to carry the paper ...
Notebook - a perversion of work necessary for a normal PC with a normal monitor (preferably two or three), and the normal keyboard ...
A plate was once again the most convenient thing for the diary / contacts / viewing and editing documents fast / handwritten notes ...

about two or three monitors-cool said!

these people quite a bit.

tablets and created, at least for now, for the Internet, but to view multemediya.

Feather -Step back, IMHO.

Rep: (3)
I read the comments. I wonder what to do, when suddenly my American plate will be covered during the upgrade.
Something somehow doubt about the choice of the device have crept into my soul ...

By the way the question of the kettle. I have not yet charged the tablet, but as I understand it in the states of 110V network. For Thinkpad Tablet to be enough millet adapter for 50 rubles? whether it supports voltage 100-240V?

Rep: (22)
pitss3,
Organizm1302,

not something I have had plenty of time to tinker with my Lenovo, from time to time looked here. First with anxiety: What if I, too, some kind of garbage starts? (By the way, the answer to their questions are about the "glitches screen", "reset" some strange, I did not get !!! As for the back cover: not metal, but in the hands of no flex (jump on it to check did not try), the time keeps - just awesome turns off when loading the battery to 73%, included four days (Wi-Fi included in the house constantly) as were 73% and remains very like launcher and how to organize the workers!. tables, comfortable, clean up on iPAD to manually drag and tut- special small screen and just choose a table and push buttons d. What is particularly liked (in iPAD this is not), so is the number (and quality!) programs to watch online TV shows and movies. I looked (not pumping!) "Game of Thrones" now to inspect "Dexter Season 5". On the market came from a home PC, as prescribed in the Lenovo email address in Google, I was pleasantly surprised by the presence of a private office with a list of all of downloaded applications on the tablet, in the convenience store (!) 4, by the way, with a PC is very convenient upload to the application plate better than directly from the tablet, because indicate:
"It - will go to the Lenovo K-1", and it is - there is no "The tablet is included and there are a number of applications appear, uploaded to the PC Market with (and no hemorrhoids with tuna, so it ...) Specialized for market-Lenovo.. . The viewing angles are complete garbage - spotless, bright screen.
iPAD gave granny. (Only she still circles around the Lenovo winds "Give serialchik see!". I do not iPAD Hai. On-almost perfect. Only this as a free man and a well-kept well-fed slave compare :) (purely my opinion).

pitss3 @ 01.10.2011, 08:28*
Why is the XXX android pen !?
This system is designed for surfing and entertainment.
the whole point of control without likely, fingers.

On the Lenovo ThinkPad site positioned just like a tablet for business. From there, and pen. Entertainment IdeaPad.

android does not fit the business.

Only vindovskie soutbuki or laptops.

tablets, even on long-windose toys, IMHO.

Organizm1302 @ 03.10.2011, 15:16*
whether it supports voltage 100-240V?

Somehow it turns out that all the small type Soup PDA / smartphone / netbook, as a rule, for the last 6 years have been from the United States. And never experienced this problem. Now all handheld devices charging 100-240 V. Because people move around the world. A supply voltage may be different. Adapter enough.

Posted on 05.10.2011 16:10:

pitss3 @ 05.10.2011, 17:06*
android does not fit the business.

It depends on what type of business and what tasks. At least Lenovo is positioning it so.Lenovo

INT climb, look presentation. Personally, I am of the Think Pad Tablet deliberate because of the handwriting and because, according to my hypothesis, the pen will be more convenient to work with Excel.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 12/05/19, 18:14