> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

269 ​​pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Samsung Omnia W - Discussion | Samsung GT-I8350
sam1984
Message#1
01.10.11, 16:18
Serious
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 7050
Check in: 10.09.07
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 6/128

Smartphone talkSamsung Omnia W
Attached ImageSamsung GT-I8350
Smartphone: Description | Discussion | FAQ |Accessories � | Purchase �
General: Ambulance for beginners � | OS FAQ | News Talk � | Windows Phone 7 Club � | GPS navigation �
Firmware: General flashing questions � | Firmware database | Creating and editing firmware �

Dear friends! Be mutually polite! Say "Thank you" by increasing your reputation. If you do not have 15 more useful posts, ask the moderators to raise their reputation by pressing the buttonAttached Imageunder the message of the one who helped you.

On a note:

Utility:
MicroFAQ, here are 99% answers to your questions!
To get a more advanced answer -use the searchon this topic or the topics referenced above. This is faster and we do not need to repeat.
Do not forget that we have a separate topic onACCESSORIESas well as allquestions that relate to WP7 itself, and not specifically to this model, you can find the answers in the "FAQ on the OS" and "Ambulance for beginners." Links above.

Is it on this phoneCASTOMA?
Not.

But I saw on the InternetFIRMWAREon him, why not custom?
Because it is not stitched, you can try.

What kindWEAK SPOTShave this model?
Bottom plastic strip on the back cover quicklyscratched.
The screen, though glass, butscratchcan.
Falls offexternal (not conversational) speaker. He is on oneboardwith a vibration motor, therefore.

I have a buggy standard applicationNow, what to do?
You can reinstall it several times, wait until it passes, dance with a tambourine ... this buggy software never works normally. I have never updated my tile.

Where to get and how to install.
In the listof programsorof gameschoose the right, in the name (the one with the .har extension) click RMB ->save link as ... ->choose a place to save. InstallSdkormini WP SDK,, MultiXapInstall(I use it myself), connect the phone, launch the Zune and install your .xap.

Poll number 1. A total of 420 people voted.
Attached Image

Post has been editedUncle - 23.06.13, 21:35
Reason for editing: Setting up file transfer via Bluetooth
Lolmaker
Message#42
25.11.11, 22:55
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 304
Check in: 30.04.11
HTC 7 Mozart

It seems that in this device, by default, they search from Yandex, the owners, what do you say? How does Bing work better?
Just new
Message#43
25.11.11, 22:59
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 578
Check in: 30.04.08
LG G7 ThinQ

Of course better. Yandex is still ours - the search is primarily on Russian-language sites / pages.
Chunter
Message#44
25.11.11, 23:08
Local
[offline]

Messages 118
Check in: 14.10.11
Huawei P10 Plus VKY-L29

Here in Moscow lucky) We promise to talk in December :) How is the quality of the photos? nobody fotkal yet?

Post has been editedChunter - 25.11.11, 23:09
Just new
Message#45
25.11.11, 23:54
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 578
Check in: 30.04.08
LG G7 ThinQ

And I'm not at all in Moscow time :)
The quality is average, both photo and video. Tomorrow in daylight I will consider in more detail.
By the way, when the smart battery discharges almost to zero, then when charging it does not turn on, it shows the battery and that's it.
VozZDooH
Message#46
26.11.11, 00:47
Local
[offline]

Messages 214
Check in: 06.04.10
Samsung Omnia W GT-I8350

Chunter @ 11/26/2011, 00:08*
Here in Moscow lucky)

I got a call today from the Euroset, they said, you can pick it up) in St. Petersburg I)
Lolmaker @ 11/25/2011, 11:55 PM*
It seems that in this device, by default, they search from Yandex, the owners, what do you say? How does Bing work better?

they say it changes easily, so it's nothing scary)
I did not understand how to turn off the player

for this there is a separate program) something like stop the music, or something like that, I don’t remember esichesno) and yes, it is a cant) and this is the first time I agree with you in terms of jambs / features))
meaningless
Message#47
26.11.11, 01:04
User
[offline]

Messages 95
Check in: 18.12.08
Apple iPhone 4

I was driving past the Euroset (SPB), they called from there, stopped by, picked it up.
The box has not been opened. That is, the first who checked it / included it was me and the seller.
Impressions - while positive. Light. The display is very bright (set the minimum illumination, however, there are only 3 modes).
I added mail to hotmail, and from there about 300 phone contacts were drawn up, which had been lying there since the days of WinMobile.
When turned on, the battery charge was 43%. WiFi and everything else was on.
From 2 pm to 2 am, about 1 hour of talk was made, several SMS messages. Several programs from the market, some music and about an hour of playing AngryBirds (Demo) were delivered.
Now it's charging. Subjectively, in my mode, I have to pull for 1.5-2 days (iPhone 4 lives about 13-15 hours, but it is the main phone, and I speak much more on it, and I listen to the player for 6-8 hours, + Internet, mail, toys) .

I will read the WinPhone FAQ.
_BloodmaN_
Message#48
26.11.11, 02:59
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 29
Check in: 05.04.08
Samsung Omnia W GT-I8350

Headset - slag. Immediately in the drawer.
Questions:
Are there sane headsets with volume control for this device?
Will the switching of tracks work like on i-devices?
And in general, is there an adapter from iphone headphones to this phone?

--------------------
pda: Palm Vx ->Palm TE ->Palm T3 ->Palm TX ->IPod4 + New iPad (4g)
phones: ... ->asus p525 ->Palm Treo500 + philips xenium x100 ->Samsung Omnia W + philips xenium x100
rouje
Message#49
26.11.11, 12:00
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 25
Check in: 16.03.08
Nokia Lumia 830

I received my machine on Thursday, charged it, I periodically connected it to my computer (for some reason I relied on mini-USB;), I would have to buy auto-charging ...), about 5 hours of uninterrupted work in autonomous mode - I studied and tuned 15 minutes. calls, sms, mms, photo-video + for half an hour used gps + some time the child played. At the moment, charging 52% is very good. GPS, by the way, works quite well. (Yandex cards have not tried it yet.) I synchronized contacts via live, the names of the numbers are in place, on the photos, thanks to the forum, I did not expect))
Photo-video, of course, does not replace soap boxes, but at times better than on my former httz.
the sound during the KMK conversation is without peculiarities - again, compared to the httz, it is softer, without metallic notes. Headphones bullshit, left in the box.

Externally, the device is very aesthetic, moderately zalyapyvaetsya, moderately light, the backlash of the photo button is present, but insignificant and does not bother me.

In general, the impressions are positive.

Questions:
If there are both connections, what is the priority - wifi or gprs?
Is there vector navigation for it other than what the market offers?
Protective film - need?
Well, quite garbage - is it possible to put your sms on sms?
and yes - what to do with glonass?)))

--------------------
nokia lumia 830 + samsung galaxy tab 2 P5100 + samsung galaxy tab 3 sm-t211
Dima netu
Message#50
26.11.11, 13:57
Local
[offline]

Messages 242
Check in: 15.07.09
Nokia Lumia 930

And what firmware do you have? You can see it in the diagnosis, if you are not set to dial the ## 634 # call on the keyboard, when the diagnosis is loaded, dial in it * # 1234 #
Very interested in CSC (Country Specific Config) and the ability to "shove" it in Omnia-7.

--------------------
Lumia-930 OS version: 1709, build: 15254
-WOLF-
Message#51
26.11.11, 16:26
Guru
[online]

Topics Curator
Group: Curators
Messages 7357
Check in: 29.12.08
Microsoft Lumia 950

By the way, this device is slightly less than fully SGS +: sveta:
Now I noticed that the red pixels are burning strongly. It looks like this Samsung people straightened the wrong range of SAMOLED. This is a bit annoying because the labels become ragged. On the edge of the characters "saw" of red subpixels. Does everyone have this behavior, or did I just get married?
Dima Netu,
PDA: I8350XXKK4
Phone: I8350XXKK1
CSC: I8350SERKK4

Post has been editedsam1984 - 26.11.11, 17:24
Reason for editing: Combined posts

--------------------
Loox C550 / Galaxy Spica / Omnia W / ATIV S / Galaxy J120F / Lumia 950 / Galaxy Note9
Linux instead of Android
Ramilt
Message#52
26.11.11, 19:02
User
[offline]

Messages 55
Check in: 07.08.08
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Exynos

Also bought this machine. The sound of conversational dynamics in my opinion is ugly and quiet (compared to liquidation) and more noise from the speaker is the same as if you bring the phone to the speakers.
The rest of the hardware is satisfied, the camera is much better than the same liquidation, I expected the reviews are much worse. On the OS, the unexpectedness was the inability to connect to the corporate Exchange, complaining about the certificate that I installed.

Post has been editedRamilt - 26.11.11, 19:18
ct_sway
Message#53
26.11.11, 19:04
User
[offline]

Messages 51
Check in: 14.04.11
Apple iPhone XR

I purchased this device))) I am satisfied with everything, everything I expected was justified. the only negative is that there is little memory, I will say one thing about the battery - from 10 am to 7 pm very intensive use, always wi-fi and 3g, plus constant social problems. calls and sms a bit, 5 percent is left, comparison with the same use I can bring iPhone 3gs and galaxy s2, the condition is the same, sams c2 lives less than everyone, the iPhone as a whole I will say with Omnia are similar in operation time, I will test in games even though And not for this I took the device. There is no backlash on the buttons, the speaker is just super conversational)) of course the keyboard is a bit small, but my opinion is a matter of habit, you get used quickly)) and so the system is very good. no lags and hangs)))
Lolmaker
Message#54
26.11.11, 19:18
Local
[offline]

Messages 304
Check in: 30.04.11
HTC 7 Mozart

Just New @ 11/25/2011, 11:59 PM*
Of course better. Yandex is still ours - the search is primarily on Russian-language sites / pages.

Is the search integrated with the search button? Any other services Yandex provides? Let's say if the search works near places and search results about your situation?
Ramilt
Message#55
26.11.11, 19:24
User
[offline]

Messages 55
Check in: 07.08.08
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Exynos

The search is integrated with the button, or rather, you can choose Yandex or bing. By the way, judging by yesterday's news, all the officially sold windows backgrounds in Russia will be with Yandex by default.
nimen2010
Message#56
26.11.11, 23:16
Novice
[offline]

Messages 39
Check in: 17.08.10
Blackberry playbook

Yesterday I sold my afonu 4 and immediately bought this device !! I am happy as an elephant)) I used the iPhone for 5 months and I realized that I need it as a toy)) so I sold it! Samsung pleased! The battery holds better than epl!
VozZDooH
Message#57
26.11.11, 23:29
Local
[offline]

Messages 214
Check in: 06.04.10
Samsung Omnia W GT-I8350

Today I became the owner of this device) I do not know about you, but I am very happy for myself)))
fr With full responsibility I am ready to declare that the phone looks live in a new way, not like in the pictures, but much cooler)))

question to the owners: how much time does it charge from zero to full? about)
and also tell me some kind of prog for reading QR codes, it is more desirable for free), and then everything that I found, it reads excellent codes, but at the same time does not throw it into the browser or into the market ...
smartcat
Message#58
26.11.11, 23:40
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 3
Check in: 12.09.08
Samsung Galaxy Spica GT-I5700

I myself am still waiting for this wonderful device to be delivered to us.

VozZDooH @ 11/26/2011, 10:29 PM*
and also tell me some program for reading QR codes, more desirable free)

A standard search Bing can not really?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhWysaoUDz8- approximately 30 seconds
Altex4
Message#59
27.11.11, 00:23
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 2
Check in: 04.01.09

Good night)) Interested in the question, what is the protective glass? Should I stick the film? I understand all the lucky Omnia W in Euroset ordered, and in the presence of it is not yet, only by preorder (((
-WOLF-
Message#60
27.11.11, 00:49
Guru
[online]

Topics Curator
Group: Curators
Messages 7357
Check in: 29.12.08
Microsoft Lumia 950

Altex4,
I took yesterday in a stall, so that is available. Moscow.
It seems that Svyaznoy should sell, but Euroset was the first one I got on the way.

--------------------
Loox C550 / Galaxy Spica / Omnia W / ATIV S / Galaxy J120F / Lumia 950 / Galaxy Note9
Linux instead of Android
_BloodmaN_
Message#61
27.11.11, 04:17
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 29
Check in: 05.04.08
Samsung Omnia W GT-I8350

There is a lot of flattering reviews about the phone. In order not to mislead people, I will write a small review about the negative side of the platform phone. I use ipod4 + palm treo500 for a year. ipod4 is a replacement for PDA and is actively used. Actually, I talk about the subjective experience of use, based on personal requirements.

(It’s 5:00 in the morning, my head doesn’t think very well. I don’t reread the written text, so don’t kick for mistakes. I'll fix it tomorrow, I’ll fix it).

I use the device for 1.5 days. I did not have time to try everything yet, but so far the impressions are as follows.

First about the good.
Build-design: good, soundly. The phone is beautiful. the display is good. The ease of the phone for me is a plus (for someone with a minus).
Services interface: metro ui very much. I liked the integration with social networks, adding mail. VERY lack of integration with Russian social networks (VK, OK, etc.?). I like to combine contacts and read updates in a single tape.
Battery: happy, at 10 am I took off the charge, still lives, although I used it actively (a couple of hours of talking, text messages, tweets, not very long in the browser, some maps)

What did not like the phone-picking:
- as already written -headset . It would be better if it was not at all, so as not to spoil the impression of the phone.
- fromcameras do not expect miracles. and generally anything. photographed indoors. opinion: she can just take a picture of something for memory ... it’s embarrassing for people to show pictures of such quality :) Video quality is no better than on ipod4.
- sound quality subjectively slightly worse than on ipod4, although the difference is not particularly noticeable when testing with the iphone headset (the one for 1.7 tr. according to the Yulmart).
(Lyuyuyudiiii, advise, please, headset!)
- display worse than the ipod, although it is not critical. Annoying me blur of white fonts due to the display features.

What did not like in the Axis applications:
1. Background mode . Inadequate. Whether the problem of applications, or the OS itself. For some reason, the notification of applications in the background does not come in a timely manner or does not come at all ... It is quite inconvenient to close applications in the background (as is done on the same iOs).
2. Search button (which is sensory). Awful. Opens the browser and loads the search engine page in it. What for? Why not an input field? I do not want to load the Yandex page and drive in the request - I want to immediately send the request to the search engine! No Google search engine: / Yandex and Bing are terrible. In general, I want a search similar to iOs. And to search for contacts, too, * dreams * :(
3. Notification . Still, there is a lack of a notification center - a sane notification on the lock screen (to understand where it came from and what came to me). If the number of applications with the notification increases, it will be possible to clean up the desktop.
4. No paste'a in the dialer (do not paste the number copied from the notes). No search by number in the dialer.
5. Browser . Inconvenient access to tabs.

6. Empty market with a bunch of garbage. Absolutely inadequate pricing of the market. At the same time, applications (valid for paid and free applications) are either useless, or work crookedly, or with a ugly interface. If the application is beautiful, then it is most likely buggy or useless. If the application is useful, it is either with advertising, or it costs a lot of money (2.5-3 times more expensive than iOs). Useful apps that are free on iOs are either missing here or worth big money. I have an ipod without a Jail, and at the same time I manage almost exclusively free software (except for English dictionary).
7. Soft :
7.1. VERY not enough skype. Applications for social networks (VC, FB, Twi, Forskwear) are very poor and not without problems. Messengers (qip-icq-ma) are missing. Instead, there is a free (with ads) and paid IM (without ads), and even that works oddly :( There is no official dropbox (there seems to be an unofficial one, but have not tried it yet).
7.2. There are no imputed dictionaries (I mean dict's dictionaries with the ability to self-load databases). Not one language.
7.3. Cards without cache. Yandex cards on ipod look nicer (I put Peter’s map just now, yeah! :)), and scrolling over them is more convenient due to the cache.
7.4. No simple inline notes. One Note from the office did not like - it requires a lot of finger movements. It is treated by installing a free application from the market. I put Simple Paper (I used Simple Note on iOs, although Notes used it for a long time and was happy until I needed to edit notes on my PC)
(subparagraph) No free imputed timekiller toys: (
(nedopunkut) Certain applications crash (developers' fault) :( Citatnik (bash.org'ovsky) crashes: /

To be continued...

Under my final IMHO:
Windows Phone 7.5 is a very raw axis. Applications sane will not appear soon. Updates will be unknown when. It’s not a fact that on this phone after future global updates, the axis will work just as fast as the current version.
If you want to have everything at once, and so that everything is beautiful, buy an iphone4 (this is only +5 tr.), But everything will be out of the box. And what will not, you can buy for reasonable money. 1000 rubles for the application is enough for the eyes, IMHO. How are things with android - I do not know. I basically don't like him. Various rumors about him go, therefore I will keep silent.
However,wp7 has its own special charm . I can not explain exactly what I like in this phone and this axis :) I just like them. Maybe metro ui, maybe integration into services, maybe it's just aesthetic pleasure :)

Post has been edited_BloodmaN_ - 27.11.11, 04:32

--------------------
pda: Palm Vx ->Palm TE ->Palm T3 ->Palm TX ->IPod4 + New iPad (4g)
phones: ... ->asus p525 ->Palm Treo500 + philips xenium x100 ->Samsung Omnia W + philips xenium x100

269 ​​pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/30/19 20:16