Removing Scratches from the Display | We get rid of scratches from screens of various devices

Rep: (1213)
Remove scratches from the display

Attached Image

We discuss various methods for removing scratches on the screens of your smartphones and share experiences.

Useful

Post has been editedM | A | G - 15.02.20, 18:16
Reason for editing: a new cap

Rep: (15)
Polishing the display - photo report.

Due to the fact that the next device bought on euaw for a friend, Palm Tungsten C, turned out to be with a very scratched display and therefore it was decided to polish it. In connection with what was purchased tool for repairing discs Disc Repair = approx. 4 euros (by the way, the seller recommended using gel toothpaste), two fleece was stolen from his wife for removing makeup + a means for cleaning the displays of skill.

Attached Image

photo of scratched display ..

Attached Image

Attached Image

Next, glue the gaps with a tape or better with a masking tape,

Attached Image

put the DVD or just turn on your favorite TV series / football, squeezing a little toothpaste on the display and start quietly, not manic! with light pressure and a circular motion to polish. After about 15 minutes it became clear that in general the operation failed and at least places large scuffed sgaladilis and not in the spot on the switched device, and when the backlight markups so they are not visible. Display became vyglyadiet both easy-pasted matte film (I can not find another term). Of course deep scratches were seen but if they catch the light when the backlight is off, I think you can try to remove the polishing even longer. In any case the results there and is photographed and documented! Like this .

After processing ..

Attached Image

Attached Image

.... and remember that we act at our own peril and risk !!!!
Good luck everyone !!! :) :): wink_kind: :)

+ from bass light

Post has been editedalgaloff - 08.03.11, 15:26

Rep: (72)
Serrik @ 04/05/08 16:41:44
bought on evow for a friend device, Palm Tungsten C,

if not a secret - how much?
Serrik @ 04/05/08 16:41:44
The display began to look like with a glued-on matte film (I can’t pick another term)

But what about the reaction to pressing? Worse, better?

Post has been editedWALER - 05.04.08, 16:37

20 euros + forwarding another 5 in a package with accessories. The problem with the device is as follows: approx. 1 sq. Cm in the lower right corner, the Pts react poorly to clicks - this is the seller indicated in the description. He also indicated that the display itself was super, which was not true. Otherwise, everything is OK. Since the device with buttons, then using the touchscreen was not so important.
After polishing, how the touch worked and it works (I myself was interested :)).

Rep: (28)
Maybe sdes will answer me as a former smartphone-maker it seems incomprehensible to the almost manic allegiance of the communicators to the film. Well, is it possible that the display suffers from tapas so much and is it really impossible without it, and if necessary, the screen cannot be wiped. With careful handling of course.

Rep: (29)
Klolek @ 04/08/08 12:09:15
Well, is the display really suffering from tapas and is it really impossible without it

You see, the screen does not suffer from the stylus (it just does not scratch anything), but from the dust particles that can get between the screen and the pen.

Rep: (788)
And from a user who can hurt something with this screen (From experience. His and others)
Here people about without a touch screen paste. It’s cheaper to buy a new film. And yes, I take a matte film for myself and save it from glare.
Lana. Finish offtopic;)

Post has been editedHanzo - 08.04.08, 15:29

Rep: (186)
Transparent plastic with which smart screens will be stolen polishes?

klolek, 04/08/08 02:09:15
Maybe sdes will answer me as a former smartphone-maker it seems incomprehensible to the almost manic allegiance of the communicators to the film. Well, is it possible that the display suffers from tapas so much and is it really impossible without it, and if necessary, the screen cannot be wiped. With careful handling of course.

Voobscheto strange to hear that especially from the brow close to the technique :). When you scratch the display ochch devaysom inconvenient to use, especially if the scratches are uneven. I have in a smart economy, SDA Musik, which polzuyutsya only as telephone with BT headset ie, the entire nail is already pooblazil himself smart is just a horrible kind of work at super and change it, I sense nevizhu. So that's what I am, I have a couple of months ago polirnul smartovsky machine multifunction display, the result = super, I can put a photo. And polishing the auto-polish: victory: I think we had the same Palm she polirnut to start, and then finish make this disc: -P

Rep: (1)
Serrik @ 04/05/08 05:41:44
The display began to look like with glued matte film

The edges of the scratches on the plastic are sanded with a specially developed very soft abrasive compound. Then the scratch is filled with material that has been sanded from its edges and fixed.
Therefore, matte. And I like the idea, buy it tomorrow, try it
:)

Rep: (1)
Polished !!!!!!!!! Uraaaaaaaaaa
sorry, I can not post pictures
But it turned out just wonderful !!!! : victory:
My jam is like a new one !!! :)

Rep: (0)
Please tell me.
I bought a communicator with my hands - 2 months, a rather new condition. but they didn’t put a sticker on the display and there was already a lot of garbage on it ... how to wash it thoroughly and where to buy a quality sticker?

thanks in advance.

Rep: (19)
liverpool ,
a sticker (film) is sold a lot (in that chile herePDAmarket - everything for our favorites )
where is the main thing that would brando or jast mobail

Rep: (75)
How can I get rid of scratches on the screen?
Is it possible to polish, if so, with what?
Z.Y. RoverPC Q7

Rep: (26)
There is on this forum "MAN WITH DIRECT HANDS", with a nicknamemak2sim , here is what he writes about scratches on the display: "Greetings to all! I bought a beaten Nokia N95 for the price of" spare parts "(the case is broken, the cable is broken, the screen is badly scratched), restored, changing the cable, and hiding the scratches on the screen under the film (surprisingly, after the sticker on the film they weren’t visible at all!) "

Post has been editedssvetlik - 27.04.09, 20:25

Rep: (7)
Arthur Gatin,

He polished himself with a mini drill, a fluffy circle and Goya paste, this is of course barbarism. Need molar auto polishes and straight arms. Vobschem dreary it !!!!! It’s easier to stick the film. She hides scratches very cool. Correctly advises you "ssvetlik" ..........

After almost polishless polishing, I glued the film and a bunch of small scratches disappeared. Vivat !!! BRONDO Vivat !!!

Arthur Gatin @ 04.49.09, 8:06 p.m.*
How can I get rid of scratches on the screen?
Is it possible to polish, if so, with what?

GOI paste (there are even smaller abrasive pastes, but it’s more difficult to find them) and a cloth (for wiping displays) resembles paper (lint-free), you can start with suede before that.
If you don’t have experience with a drill (small drill), it’s better not to polish with felt nozzles (you can melt it), as a rule they are dense sick-cotton wool (surgical) on a toothpick: rofl:, or wool fabric (old scarf). Hand polishing is best, but longer!
The film, especially matte, especially BRANDO: D will also save you. Car polishes will not save you (for a while).

cotton wool (surgical) on a toothpick, or wool fabric (old scarf). Hand polishing is best, but longer!

A couple of questions:
1. How much time
2. More in detail, otherwise I don’t catch up a bit :-) Like what

Post has been editedArthur Gatin - 28.04.09, 14:28

Arthur Gatin @ 04.49.09, 16:10*
A couple of questions:
1. How much time
2. More in detail, otherwise I don’t catch up a bit. Like what

1. Until you reach the desired result;) (5-10min)
2. Insert the toothpick into the cartridge, clamp in the cartridge, turn it on. You take cotton wool (surgical because it’s clean) and the “babin” wound on a toothpick should be decent :), take a goy paste, and bring it to a spinning toothpick with cotton wool. Then gently stroke the surface (I don’t advise working with such a thing for a PDA screen , only for the case). If there is no paste, take a suede (old glove) and rub it manually (this is better for the screen), you can (even need it) along with a polish for the body.
GOI paste (you can ask your friends working with metal, in special shops) is generally a necessary thing, but it’s just a small image. It happens in different colors, the smallest (finest polishing) is white.

Post has been editedTaifunfly - 28.04.09, 17:04

Arthur Gatin @ 04.49.09, 8:06 p.m.*
get rid of screen scratches?

And what is the touchscreen on the Rover? If it’s “film”, then it’s hand-polished. If with a protective glass, then you can do it mechanically. But carefully. Just mechanical polishing is quick, but you can go too far. Manual-more delicate and you can gradually achieve the desired result, without fear of spoiling.

Thank you for helping me finish polishing, so I’ll tell you how it ended;)

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 28/02/20, 5:32