Nokia N900 - Firmware | we test, we help

Rep: (472)
FirmwareNokia N900
Description | Discussion " | Firmware

Important note on the firmware ...
The unofficial mirror of the lying tablets-dev.nokia.com:http://skeiron.org/tablets-dev/- there is both a flasher and firmware (like except the latest)
The latest firmware is here:http://meegos.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?id=676

Nokia N900 firmware version- 21.2011.38-1 (aka Maemo 5 PR1.2)
Product codes included in the firmware
0591362: RX-51 Estonia
0591474: RX-51 Hungary
0574386: RX-51 Russia
0591467: RX-51 Ukraine

The full name is RX-51_2009SE_21.2011.38-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM
The latest version of vanilla is RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM
Download firmware, "vanilla", and the Maemo Flasher-3.5 itself can here ! : yes:
To find out the current firmware version, dial * # 0000 # on your phone
Or see "product information" in the settings.

[size = 14] Instructions on firmware using Maemo Flasher-3.5 [/ size]
- follow the link - tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php
- enter your IMEI,
- download the firmware image (at the moment the last of.version RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin)
- download the image of "vanilla" (as of this monent, the last official version is RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin)
- install flasher-3.5
- dump the files of the firmware and "vanilla" into the folder of the flasher (by default c: Program Filesmaemoflasher-3.5)
- we charge the battery FULLY
- turn off apparatus
- run the command line on the computer and change the directory
cd c: Program Filesmaemoflasher-3.5

- connect the cable tooff N900, push the keyboard, hold down the U key and connect the cable to the computer
- in the command line execute the command
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f

(note, the file name in the command must match the name of the firmware file)
- the process of reinstalling the firmware will begin.
- after completion we repeat the procedure, but with the command
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

(note, the name of the file in the command must match the name of the file "vanilla")
- the process of reinstalling the internal memory image will begin
-> this process will return the memory of the device to its original state, all user content will be deleted. (take care of backups)

Upon completion, disconnect the cable and turn on the device - that's it.
!!!Stitch the image of "vanilla"for firmware upgradenot necessary. BUT! Flashing the "vanilla" (analogy format) separately from the firmware is not worth it.

Post has been editedAlexxxl - 24.02.13, 15:07
Reason for editing: corrected header, now there is a link - firmware -

Rep: (668)
http://wiki.maemoworld.ru/index.php/ Knowledge Base
read ... though not all are easily digestible :) but something

Rep: (0)
Thanks for the answer.
How does the new device connect to the Internet when updating firmware and installing applications?

Rep: (668)
flash better IMHO flasher
http://wiki.maemoworld.ru/index.php/ Knowledge Base

S_lavdos @ 01/10/2011, 20:05*

Wow. I can’t do it myself.

And Crazand said that it would not be difficult for a simple user, that everything was installed out of the box, and it was possible to use it. : '(

I inserted a SIM card, and after 5 minutes (oh miracle!) A notification about available updates came. The main thing is that there is enough money on this card. Tomorrow I will buy a Wi-Fi transmitter, then everything will be easier.

Very slowly loaded .....

Well, I figured out and installed all the necessary programs that were recommendedhere. The only thing that I did not find was a file archiver. Advise some.

Crazand @ 01/11/2011, 10:07*
Yes, there are many things that are not relevant.
Extras-Devel is not so scary, there is more useful software than in the normal repository. There’s just a couple of toys that mess up the system rootfs, I’ve got a clone of civilization, Frozen money 2 and Super Tux 2 I had a curve.

How to enable / disable Extras-Testing and Extras-Devel? And I hardly play games.

Accurate with the application manager, he really loves traffic.

I have a Ukrtelecom 3G card there - 5 kopecks / 1 Mbps. : good:
I recommend installing FileBox and the unzip and unrar console archivers. FileBox itself, as for me, is the most convenient file manager, and with these additions it unpacks files. Also for the standard file manager there is an addition with zip and rar.

Thank!

Rep: (199)
Somehow, kernel power 49 sneaked up =) Delivered while there were no reboots. Ramzswap works)

I will add: the kernel has been working stably for 17 hours. Not a single reboot, even despite the fact that I lowered the voltage on the CPU (which previously specifically caused my reboots in my n900). wl1251 also did not cause any problems. Just chocolate :) In a day I’ll try SmartReflex, which also didn’t work fine for me, maybe KP will please me)

Post has been editedflashgc - 23.09.11, 10:54

Rep: (149)
Does the power kernel do anything specific? -http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=71879

I set ... mm, everything seems to be stable, but there are no changes visible to the eye, although if it is the core, then I think it should not be.

Does the power kernel do anything specific?

This is the core, which adds a bunch of features to the n900 - overclocking the processor and video chip, hotspot, usb host, etc. There are sooo many tasty buns =)
The latest kernel is not yet available in the repository. You can take it here:http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pali/
Swinging
1. kernel-power_1: 2.6.28-10power49_armel.deb 21-Sep-2011 19:54 1.8M
2. kernel-power-modules_1: 2.6.28-10power49_armel.deb 21-Sep-2011 19:54 3.0M
3. kernel-power-flasher_1: 2.6.28-10power49_armel.deb 21-Sep-2011 19:54 164K

We put in the same order as a teamdpkg -i kernel-power_1: 2.6.28-10power49_armel.debetc. The main flasher should be the last.

Post has been editedflashgc - 24.09.11, 13:30

, although if it is the core, then I think it should not be.

the most visible change is longer work on a single charge. You can put Speed ​​patch and Baterry patch from the repositories even before the heap and n900 will live 2 times longer at least.

the question is not about the firmware .. xs what is the mb problem (I just didn’t notice on a clean n900 when I bought it only):

in general - the camera does not save pictures .. that is - it takes a photo, there is a preview and it doesn’t get into the gallery, today I made a dozen or two shots on excursions = \

I rebooted twice - I began to take a picture normally.

regarding power-kernel:

how to overclock percent / video?
throw the link if there is, even in English, otherwise I’m already starting to get confused in talk.maemo.org)

kernel-power-settings
like found, now I'll see what it is.

upd: everything, I found an article on maemovorld.

Post has been editedwow23 - 24.09.11, 14:33

installed power-kernel-settings (+ just a kernel + flasher, etc. all that pulled up there), but uname -r

produces 2.6.28-omap1

judging by the wiki on maemo org, 2.6.28.10power blablabla should be issued

kernel-config show - writes that the kernel of this version is not supported, reinstalled with the command that issued the console - nifiga, reboot, 2.6.28 omap1 was and remains.

firmware judging by the console log - also passed = \

any ideas?

Post has been editedwow23 - 24.09.11, 16:32

upd2:

when rebooting after installing / reinstalling the kernel - the phone boots up and reboots instantly, loading again - a pop-up message appears - unexpected reboot occured. Your custom kernel settings were NOT loaded.

yeah
for people, this usually happened at least when loading the ideal config, but for me it’s just after installation = \

Post has been editedwow23 - 24.09.11, 17:37

the problem was solved by completely removing power-kernel / a complete new installation / 3 reboots and installing some kind of thing that adds power-kernel4 * as the second boot option (multiboot).

MeeGo 1.3 for the N900 is due out on September 28th. They promise a very good speed and minor improvements, the GPS will not work yet.

MeeGo 1.3 for the N900 is due out on September 28th. They promise a very good speed and minor improvements.

Well .. I’m waiting, I'll see what the Intel has done there.
GPS will not work yet.

and it’s not necessary (to me personally so far).

Rep: (27)
wow23 @ 09.26.2011, 00:25*
Well .. I’m waiting, I'll see what the Intel has done there.

MeeGo for the N900 is not Intel.

Rep: (32)
Good time!
When I tried to install Kernel-Power-Modules, I received this kind of message and did not go further ...

Leaving `llocal diversion of /usr/bin/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko to /lib/modules/2.6.28-omap1/JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko

accordingly, kirdyk is loaded only on the standard core. Kernel-Power is now not installed (((Who knows what to try to do ???

MeeGo for the N900 is not Intel.

who?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/11/19, 11:28