Nokia N900 - Firmware | we test, we help

Rep: (472)
FirmwareNokia N900
Description | Discussion " | Firmware

Important note on the firmware ...
The unofficial mirror of the lying tablets-dev.nokia.com:http://skeiron.org/tablets-dev/- there is both a flasher and firmware (like except the latest)
The latest firmware is here:http://meegos.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?id=676

Nokia N900 firmware version- 21.2011.38-1 (aka Maemo 5 PR1.2)
Product codes included in the firmware
0591362: RX-51 Estonia
0591474: RX-51 Hungary
0574386: RX-51 Russia
0591467: RX-51 Ukraine

The full name is RX-51_2009SE_21.2011.38-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM
The latest version of vanilla is RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM
Download firmware, "vanilla", and the Maemo Flasher-3.5 itself can here ! : yes:
To find out the current firmware version, dial * # 0000 # on your phone
Or see "product information" in the settings.

[size = 14] Instructions on firmware using Maemo Flasher-3.5 [/ size]
- follow the link - tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php
- enter your IMEI,
- download the firmware image (at the moment the last of.version RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin)
- download the image of "vanilla" (as of this monent, the last official version is RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin)
- install flasher-3.5
- dump the files of the firmware and "vanilla" into the folder of the flasher (by default c: Program Filesmaemoflasher-3.5)
- we charge the battery FULLY
- turn off apparatus
- run the command line on the computer and change the directory
cd c: Program Filesmaemoflasher-3.5

- connect the cable tooff N900, push the keyboard, hold down the U key and connect the cable to the computer
- in the command line execute the command
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f

(note, the file name in the command must match the name of the firmware file)
- the process of reinstalling the firmware will begin.
- after completion we repeat the procedure, but with the command
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

(note, the name of the file in the command must match the name of the file "vanilla")
- the process of reinstalling the internal memory image will begin
-> this process will return the memory of the device to its original state, all user content will be deleted. (take care of backups)

Upon completion, disconnect the cable and turn on the device - that's it.
!!!Stitch the image of "vanilla"for firmware upgradenot necessary. BUT! Flashing the "vanilla" (analogy format) separately from the firmware is not worth it.

Post has been editedAlexxxl - 24.02.13, 15:07
Reason for editing: corrected header, now there is a link - firmware -

Rep: (57)
UPDATE:
PR1.2 firmware is expected this week.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_5/PR1.2

PS Do not flatter yourself. Something may be just a rumor.

Post has been editedgolden_dragon - 22.09.11, 09:32
Reason for editing: News added

Rep: (440)
I rebooted my n900 for 800 MHz, according to the instructions from a friendly forum (if moderatorswill allow I’ll indicate the link to the ready-made step-by-step instructions on flashing from another forum here, since there is a ready-made instruction and I don’t see any reason to retype it) I decided for myself that I should flash it at a higher speed than 800 MHz. not worth it, so as not to violate the stability of the system. I confirm, it is stitched easily, subjectively, the speed of work increases. According to reports of foreign forums - when the processor is flashed to a speed of more than 900 MHz (for example, at 1 Hz), for many people the Screen Calibration application and some games stop running. Otherwise, the flight is normal.
Of the minuses - so far only one, if the device fails (no matter for what reason) and the service center will see that the device is reflash, you lose the warranty. Fortunately, there is a way to return the standard firmware of the processor.

Post has been editedWinstrol - 06.04.10, 14:37

Rep: (1)
Winstrol
Winstrol @ 6.4.10, 15:34*
I re-flashed my n900 to 800 MHz, according to the instructions from the friendly forum (if the moderators allow a link to the ready-made step-by-step instructions for flashing from another forum, I will indicate it here, since there is a ready-made instruction and I don’t see any reason to retype it), I decided for myself that I should flash at a higher speed than 800 MHz not worth it, so as not to violate the stability of the system. I confirm, it is stitched easily, subjectively, the speed of work increases. According to reports of foreign forums - when the processor is flashed to a speed of more than 900 MHz (for example, at 1 Hz), for many people the Screen Calibration application and some games stop running. Otherwise, the flight is normal.

I have 900MHz for 2 days, while there were no failures.

Rep: (337)
It looks like it updated, but did not update it on a new one. I don’t know for sure, I didn’t flash it through NSU, if you want to delete everything, then sew it through a flasher.

By the way, congratulations on your purchase, how impressions?

Rep: (115)
Thank you, while everything is not bad, I understand)
talked a lot about the new firmware, where there is support for ATD commands, a portrait in the browser, and so on, this is not 3.2010.02.8
This may not firmware, but just a software update?

03.2010.02.8 is the latest off-line firmware. The portrait mode in the browser is activated in it through Ctrl + Shift + O. USSD requests can be made through the USSD widget.
There is also no official firmware PR1.2. USSD there already works out of the box and portrait mode in the browser is activated in the settings and the back button appears in the portrait orientation of the browser. The firmware itself is faster than the official one, Skype video telephony has appeared. But if it’s not on, then I wouldn’t flash it, because Going back to the official firmware is problematic, because the new one updates the telephone modem, which cannot then be upgraded, thereby the telephone part in the old firmware will not work later.

that's how it is, thanks for the info
Are there any problems in it? If everything is good there, why downgrade?

Rep: (0)
New firmwareHowever, today is a release, tomorrow I think they will be updated through the air

The global release of the new firmware is already available onhttp://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php

I drove with nokia cards and sygic, the latter is clearly more convenient and usable.

Firmware updated? There the interface should be improved in OVI Maps. Although I agree that Sygic will be better.

Post has been editedCrazand - 26.05.10, 22:47

Rep: (56)
Crazand @ 26.5.10, 23:47*
There the interface should be improved in OVI Maps.

The interface can and improved. But:
1. No offline search
2. No voice turn-by-turn tips
3. lights go out

ZY Maybe it certainly should be so ...

Rep: (21)
Post new firmware 10.2010.19-1. Balance, through *, now without problems you can see - without installing third-party prog. They are great, but they did not make a melody for a contact - it’s a pity! I hoped. Changes in the speed of work did not notice. But in general, I updated the firmware an hour ago, before the end I did not understand the differences.

a1astor @ 27.5.10, 8:48*
1. No offline search

So it's online navigation.

after flashing, I’m not happy yet for two points:
1. directory devil, stopped picking up, like there it was necessary to fix the address, with a repository to repostory. but apparently this is some kind of crap, because it doesn’t coo?
2. now for some reason it does not display the birthdays of regular contacts, but the birthdays in Skype contacts, on the contrary, began to show. How to make others show ordinary?

Rep: (56)
Maxeon @ 28.5.10, 13:55*
1. directory devil, stopped picking up, like there it was necessary to fix the address, with a repository to repostory. but apparently this is some kind of crap, because it doesn’t coo?

The address is not necessary to edit. It is necessary to register the distribution kit - fremantle

one moment left with birthdays ..

Maxeon @ 28.5.10, 11:55*
2. now for some reason it does not display the birthdays of regular contacts, but the birthdays in Skype contacts, on the contrary, began to show. How to make others show ordinary?

1) go to the calendar, then in the "options"
2) click "change calendars"
3) select "Birthdays (automatic)"
4) click "delete", (click "yes" confirming)
5) should now be in the same place as in paragraph 2)
6) click "create" ->"Further"
7) choose "automatic calendar of birthdays" ->"Further"
8) click "Done"!

thanks, kind person (s) (:
M
And how do we say thank you?
pp.5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problemDo not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!" . On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.

Post has been editedKenter - 29.05.10, 00:54

That's what's new in the firmware

Video calls. Unfortunately, the function is not implemented for direct video calls (from phone to phone), but only for use in Skype and GoogleTalk programs. Details can be found in our article "How to call via Skype using the N900". Also added new smileys for Skype.
Browse the web in portrait mode (with access to bookmarks and the back button). To activate, you must enable the option in the Browser Settings.
Integrated FB (FaceBook) chat. I do not know how useful it is for the Russian-speaking population, but it seems like facebook was going to enter our market. So, perhaps useful.
Ability to share files through the file manager. No longer have to use the program Petrovich.
Improved interface Ovi Maps.
Now you can enter "blue characters" (those that were previously entered using the blue arrow) by long pressing the key. (This is a special thanks for this)
Finally, it became possible to use USSD requests without third-party programs. By the way, service requests (for example, IMEI output - * # 06 #) also work. [in general, then 06 worked in the previous firmware]
Now it is possible to transfer messages in the email client from a folder to a folder, or to an archive on a memory card.
The principle of searching for applications in the application manager has changed. If earlier it was necessary to enter the name of the application in a special window, now it is enough to start typing the name of the application in the directory. The search will be carried out by typed letters. The same function is available when removing applications, searching for music and regular files.
The "More" label has been removed from the menu. Now all labels are located in one window (menu). But this menu you can customize (arrange icons) as you like. To do this, press and hold any tab, then you can play Tetris (when you try, you will understand why)
Now, when you select a number to send SMS, you can turn off the display of landline numbers of the contact (only mobile numbers will be available). To do this, go to "Contacts", click on "All Contacts" and select "Parameters".
Added the ability to view data traffic for home network and roaming. To view, follow the "Menu->Setup->Phone"
Added mode "Night shooting".
Work carried out using the battery. The operating time of the device is increased.
Added new "hot buttons" for the browser: Ctrl + Blue arrow + up key - go to the top of the page; Ctrl + Blue arrow + Down key - scrolls down the page. Changed the principle of the back button (backspace). Now, with a single click, you will be moved to the previous page, without displaying the previous windows (as it was before). If you hold down the "Back" button for a long time, the log of visits will open.
Now you can use the volume button when the phone is locked. Finally, you can properly listen to music and adjust the volume Declared a smoother volume control.
In the gallery, when editing images, added the ability to "Remove red eyes"
Added two new modes for shooting: "Medium resolution 3M" and "Low resolution 1,5M"
Missed calls and sms are now displayed on the lock screen (when in the locked state you press the power button)
When making a call, you can select the type of call: "Cellular", "Skype", etc.
EAP-TTLS + PAP authorization type for Wi-Fi connections has become available.
Changed the appearance of the on-screen keyboard.
In the "Parameters" appeared some sort of thing called My Nokia. As I understand it, this is some kind of assistant. If you subscribe, they will send sms with news and other nonsense.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/29/19, 14:12