Is the topic relevant?
Is the topic relevant or not?
Yes [ 913 ] ** [88,04%]
Not [ 21 ] ** [2,03%]
I do not know :) [ 103 ] ** [9,93%]
Total votes: 1037

Rep: (594)
DiscussionDiscussion of the instruction Rockbox on iPod Classic
Discussion iPod Classic В» | Opening iPod Classic В» | Talk Rockbox on ipod classic

Instructions
Discuss Rockbox Installation Instructions on iPod Classic
Rockbox for iPod Classic 6G available (and unstable)

|
|
\/

|
|
\/

Rockbox Installation Instructions for iPod Classic

FAQ
Users with a successful getting rid of itunes
1.bell88 - Ipod classic
2.$ oul - Ipod classic
3.vas1993 - Ipod classic 80gb
4.tobolsk2002 - Ipod classic 80gb
5.qware - Ipod classic 80gb
6.TorroRosso - Ipod classic
7.DPFOR - Ipod classic 6g 80gb
8.MiGelMiGelMiGel - Ipod classic 80gb
9.b10s - Ipod classic 80gb
10.Imaris - Ipod classic 6g 120gb
They are much more. Users are no longer added.

History of polls
Poll started on 09/16/2011 and ended on December 13, 12
Attached Image

Post has been editedmihadom - 01.04.18, 20:30
Reason for editing: Rockbox Installation Instructions on iPod Classic

Rep: (1)
Hold down the "Menu" and "Select" button (circle). We wait until it turns off (it will take about 5-7 seconds), an apple should appear on a dim background, we will not release the keys yet, it should turn off a second time, nothing should appear on the screen. Let's release the buttons.

I wrote that I’m doing this, everything happens as it is written, but when I start the exe file, two dark windows pop up in which it says - DFU is not open. And the device does not turn on. Maybe the stray doesn’t work on my device? (

DPFOR @ 10.23.2011, 00:03*
Hold down the "Menu" and "Select" button (circle). We wait until it turns off (it will take about 5-7 seconds), an apple should appear on a dim background, we will not release the keys yet, it should turn off a second time, nothing should appear on the screen. Let's release the buttons.

Everything fry at the very first time did not work. To completely turn off the iPod, you need to clamp these two buttons, and as if after clamping for 5-8 seconds, the hard stops, we still do not release it, it must stop the hard two times. Another question is you process "AppleMobileDeviceService.exe В»shut down?

Hard is disabled (2 times) as in the instructions. I also disable the service - everything is as in the instructions. Did I correctly rename the executable? Does it matter where to open it from - on my D drive? Maybe you need to demolish the tuna and drivers and set everything up again so that they again loaded?

The exeshnik should not be renamed, as it was all so and should have remained

When I copy a file using your first link, it is automatically saved as bootstrap_ipodclassic_itunes without any extension. To start it, I added .exe, otherwise it doesn’t execute

I have XP, I just checked it myself, the file with the extension .exe is downloaded
Anyway...
Run this file as soon as it reloads a second time

After long trials and watching YouTube on rockbox settings, I found out that in tuna you need to check the box so that the iPod is visible as a drive. I reached step 11 of your instruction and here is a big zo_a (- the USB cable appears on the iPod screen, and the computer does not detect the drive and does not show it as a separate drive. You can only exit the menu + mugs from this hang, and a long press of the iPod does not completely disable the iPod, but displays the boot menu. As a result, I can’t use the rockbox and return to tuna because tuna does not see my iPod. The computer sees the drive only if you go to tool in the boot menu and then to Run UMSboot.Help

A screen is possible, but rather take a picture of what you are doing on the video. By the weekend, I’ll make my own video about installing rock boxing ... Or wait, or try to do something yourself

After loading the ubi file on the iPod, the emCORE v0.2.0 r674 menu boot was loaded. Acting further according to the instructions, I launch the rockbox (2-point bootmen from 4) and connect it to the computer for subsequent downloading of the unpacked zip file. However, the connection lasts a very long time (min 5-10) and a drive appears to which the file is not copied and the drive itself does not have any volume (0 bytes). After that, the iPod hangs. As a result, I can’t demolish this bootmen and return the old firmware, because. at least with a short, even with a long press of the middle and menu keys (DFM), this boot menu is constantly overloaded. On a nearby branch, two comrades in misfortune had the same troubles. Help

DPFOR @ 10.25.2011, 14:50*
After loading the ubi file on the iPod, the emCORE v0.2.0 r674 menu boot was loaded. Acting further according to the instructions, I launch the rockbox (2-point bootmen from 4) and connect it to the computer for subsequent downloading of the unpacked zip file. However, the connection lasts a very long time (min 5-10) and a drive appears to which the file is not copied and the drive itself does not have any volume (0 bytes). After that, the iPod hangs. As a result, I can’t demolish this bootmen and return the old firmware, because. at least with a short, even with a long press of the middle and menu keys (DFM), this boot menu is constantly overloaded. On a nearby branch, two comrades in misfortune had the same troubles. Help

Wait until the weekend? Or even on Friday I’ll post a video on how it's all done. Do not worry, everything will turn out just need to wait for the malech. With respectKISLbIU

waiting: yes2:

Rep: (0)
Had everyone) I have iPod classic 80gb, in general, I acted according to the same instructions only in English, it was on freemyipod's home site
I did everything I can say in 5 minutes, before that I studied only for a long time) everything works, sings cool, the most interesting is I never even used this device normally when I connected to their aytyunz rat, it didn’t work, some sort of tyagomotin
Right now everything flies, I listen only in the car I connect it via AUH. but! the video doesn’t work at all for some reason ... the avi files don’t see the mpg4 at all, it opens some files but only plays music ...

What to do? maybe I would sometimes like to twist the video from it, when it becomes sad

Rep: (0)
Thanks so much for the instruction. Flashing the iPod Classic 80GB was easier than I thought.
So far, I noticed two shoals:
1. The video does not play (I tried mp4, squeezed under the screen format and unexpressed and unavailable avi). He sees everything perfectly, but when it starts, it hangs tight (thinks about 10 minutes, does not help).
2. From time to time, recordings in mp3 “jam” - a piece of a recording of several milliseconds starts to play cyclically. It is treated by reboot.

If there is any data on these problems, I will be grateful.

Qware @ 10.27.2011, 19:04*
If there is any data on these problems, I will be grateful.

They promised to update by December

Tobolsk2002 @ 10.27.2011, 16:32*
What to do? maybe I would sometimes like to twist the video from it, when it becomes sad

We are waiting for the update

Rep: (514)
I set myself, almost without problems ..
If anyone is interested, the emcore bootloader could not flash either, could not catch the moment when iTunes picks up the iPod .. solved this by disabling the "appleMobileDevice ...." service in the Services in the Control Panel Administration .. The question is for everyone .. And the builds are fresher will be? I did not find something on the offsite (

TorroRosso @ 10.28.2011, 21:46*
Administering the Control Panel .. Question to all .. Will the assemblies be fresher? I did not find something on the offsite (

Instructions for installing Rockbox on iPod Classic (Post # 9582288)
KISLbIU @ 09/16/2011, 18:45*
4. Through the "Task Manager" we complete the process "AppleMobileDeviceService.exe".

;)

Rep: (514)
KISLbIU
I just couldn’t close it, but when I cut off the service, then it turned out ..
By the way, I stole a test video from the rockbox site - it plays perfectly perfectly))) It says that you need a certain bitrate

KISLbIU @ 10.25.2011, 14:51*
Wait until the weekend? Or even on Friday I’ll post a video on how it's all done. Do not worry, everything will turn out just need to wait for the malech. Regards KISLbIU

: blush:

Right now I'll pour it on the tube

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/13/19, 16:34